Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Zaan Examples

• BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BohnT wrote: »
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    pieratsos wrote: »
    Hey Magblade here(NO BOMBING).
    Got hit by Zaan a couple of times no.problem shielding/cloaking it even when getting chased by the zerg. Just like Soul Assault it is a NOOB CANNON ...
    Good against players who don't know it and how it works, good in Xv1 situations but sh*t against everything else. Even in PvP the long cooldown turns me off ill take skoria over Zaan any day.

Great, now I'll go to all other classes simply equip cloak and never worry about a set that deals more damage than an ultimate

Or mist, and take little damage. I do on my DK. Or purge/streak and once they fix LOS it'd be very easy to deal with when treevPing. I get the stamDKs cannot really do much with it. But shall we nerf everything else to bottom tier too?

You didnt seem to have an issue asking for nerfs to other classes when mDK was trash.

And mist was also a counter to Soul Assault. An ability you also complained about. At least be a little more consistent with ur arguments.

MDK didn't get buffed overall, still absolute hot trash in OW solo, just everything else just sucks now too.

My problem back in the day was when they gave sorc (One of the meta at the time) petrify, but better. Shields are still BS, and I still want them changed and replaced with better defensive mobility that isn't just spam streak and run away. The rest of the class got hit when they changed rune to be 70% more costly, and took stun from frags, which forced master destro, which then pidgeonholed sorcs further. That plus a few meta shifts later sorc is now low tier.

Soul assault killed 4/5 med armour specs, without worth while counter for med armour users (bar cloak/LOS.) Zaan has more counters, thus is not OP.

You are comparing apples to cats, all because you are scared of the big numbers of zaan.

That is just wrong, magdk is a great OW class, skaffa, akagami, Dra Gu, altaris, AngryLizard and many more proof that every day.

Magdk got many buffs either direct or indirect, off balance changes gave magdk better magicka sustain, burning effect change made a useless dot a 1-1.6k dot that keeps up with talon dot.
    Magdk 1vX needs it's situational awareness on the exact opposite of magsorc.
    Magsorc has extremely easy kiting but killing the opponents is much harder and your situational awareness and experience will help you to decide when and who you can kill.
    On Magdk the fighting against multiple targets is relatively easy when compared to magsorcs, magnbs or stamnbs, the major of your toolkit is AoE and applies dots to everyone, perfect to show you which of the X are too dumb to heal themselves. If you however lack your experience how to Kite and where to kite then you'll be at the spawn as fast as a sorc trying to kill that sniper instead of reapplying his shields.

Magdk is a beast in OW and even more devastating in 1v1 situations. When you can work around snares with chains, FM or Mistform you'll see how strong magdk is

And we only get to see the successful attempts at 1vX. Most experience mDKs I see cannot even 1vX anymore because they may try mist form and thin out numbers a bit to get the burst timing and yet they cannot do that in timely manner and die most of the times. All the while hoping that the opponents are complete potato. And that is the only way 1vX is possible, complete potatoes being in the fight. MDK might be good at 1v1 but it is in no way good shape when it comes to OW solo. Other builds and classes definitely do fare better.

As far as the Zaan goes. It does not respect LOS rule (I got Zaan still on me while my opponent was still in the gatehouse and I had the wall between me and them while trying to jump down). And it does seem to do quite a lot of damage. It's like getting hit by 4 DBoS in succession. I tried kiting people yesterday and one of the stamblades had Zaan and it ate through my shield so fast. I survived long enough to see like 5 zaan procs because of shields until I got ran over by 10 more. It probably should do damage of 1 ult at the most not 4.

Those must be pathetic DKs then.
    Of course it's boring to watch a video in which the protagonist dies everytime before he can kill all enemies or 90% of the fight is running around a tree or up and down the tower. They still win the fights or get some kills but it's boring to see so it doesn't make it into the videos.

When fighting potatoes magdk is a dream, you can simply use talons, drain essence Kite for 5 seconds and then one shot them with leap or you just stay infront of them and laughing your ass off because they tickle you at best.

Only stamwarden, magnb, stamnb and magsorc (for potato stomping) work equally good or better, mostly because they can get away once the zerg tries to get you. But the other specs can only dream about the 1vX capabilities of a magdk combat effectiveness wise

On Zaan there were some testings to maximise it's damage, it ended at 69k damage with all buffs which is ridiculous. A complete Zaan proc does 20-25k damage against a good pvp build with other damage sources this is just too much.
    The fact that it outdoes Soulassault damage wise is already enough to tell that the set is too strong
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah he was built to revolve around Zann for killing he didn’t build around to maximize Zanns damage believe it or not there is a difference.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got hit by Zaan a couple of times no.problem shielding/cloaking it even when getting chased by the zerg. Just like Soul Assault it is a NOOB CANNON ...
    Good against players who don't know it and how it works, good in Xv1 situations but sh*t against everything else. Even in PvP the long cooldown turns me off ill take skoria over Zaan any day.

Great, now I'll go to all other classes simply equip cloak and never worry about a set that deals more damage than an ultimate

Or mist, and take little damage. I do on my DK. Or purge/streak and once they fix LOS it'd be very easy to deal with when treevPing. I get the stamDKs cannot really do much with it. But shall we nerf everything else to bottom tier too?

You didnt seem to have an issue asking for nerfs to other classes when mDK was trash.

And mist was also a counter to Soul Assault. An ability you also complained about. At least be a little more consistent with ur arguments.

MDK didn't get buffed overall, still absolute hot trash in OW solo, just everything else just sucks now too.

My problem back in the day was when they gave sorc (One of the meta at the time) petrify, but better. Shields are still BS, and I still want them changed and replaced with better defensive mobility that isn't just spam streak and run away. The rest of the class got hit when they changed rune to be 70% more costly, and took stun from frags, which forced master destro, which then pidgeonholed sorcs further. That plus a few meta shifts later sorc is now low tier.

Soul assault killed 4/5 med armour specs, without worth while counter for med armour users (bar cloak/LOS.) Zaan has more counters, thus is not OP.

You are comparing apples to cats, all because you are scared of the big numbers of zaan.

That is just wrong, magdk is a great OW class, skaffa, akagami, Dra Gu, altaris, AngryLizard and many more proof that every day.

Magdk got many buffs either direct or indirect, off balance changes gave magdk better magicka sustain, burning effect change made a useless dot a 1-1.6k dot that keeps up with talon dot.
    Magsorc has extremely easy kiting but killing the opponents is much harder and your situational awareness and experience will help you to decide when and who you can kill.
    On Magdk the fighting against multiple targets is relatively easy when compared to magsorcs, magnbs or stamnbs, the major of your toolkit is AoE and applies dots to everyone, perfect to show you which of the X are too dumb to heal themselves. If you however lack your experience how to Kite and where to kite then you'll be at the spawn as fast as a sorc trying to kill that sniper instead of reapplying his shields.

Magdk is a beast in OW and even more devastating in 1v1 situations. When you can work around snares with chains, FM or Mistform you'll see how strong magdk is

And we only get to see the successful attempts at 1vX. Most experience mDKs I see cannot even 1vX anymore because they may try mist form and thin out numbers a bit to get the burst timing and yet they cannot do that in timely manner and die most of the times. All the while hoping that the opponents are complete potato. And that is the only way 1vX is possible, complete potatoes being in the fight. MDK might be good at 1v1 but it is in no way good shape when it comes to OW solo. Other builds and classes definitely do fare better.

As far as the Zaan goes. It does not respect LOS rule (I got Zaan still on me while my opponent was still in the gatehouse and I had the wall between me and them while trying to jump down). And it does seem to do quite a lot of damage. It's like getting hit by 4 DBoS in succession. I tried kiting people yesterday and one of the stamblades had Zaan and it ate through my shield so fast. I survived long enough to see like 5 zaan procs because of shields until I got ran over by 10 more. It probably should do damage of 1 ult at the most not 4.

Of course it's boring to watch a video in which the protagonist dies everytime before he can kill all enemies or 90% of the fight is running around a tree or up and down the tower. They still win the fights or get some kills but it's boring to see so it doesn't make it into the videos.

When fighting potatoes magdk is a dream, you can simply use talons, drain essence Kite for 5 seconds and then one shot them with leap or you just stay infront of them and laughing your ass off because they tickle you at best.

Only stamwarden, magnb, stamnb and magsorc (for potato stomping) work equally good or better, mostly because they can get away once the zerg tries to get you. But the other specs can only dream about the 1vX capabilities of a magdk combat effectiveness wise

Lol, are you sure it is not 1.5 mDK you are thinking of? But this is not a mDK viability thread. Just a Zaan thread and its potential.
    Edited by IZZEFlameLash on March 9, 2018 2:57AM
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zParallaxz wrote: »
    Nah he was built to revolve around Zann for killing he didn’t build around to maximize Zanns damage believe it or not there is a difference.

I, um, have been experimenting? That video has 3/4 different set combinations in it.

I actually do not own a lich resto which really limits my choices.

What I actually have that can be one barred is Transmutation and Riposte (I suppose like Alchemist or other crafted sets)

But for light armor, my resto staves are limited sadly.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Using the best potato mashing clips to say MagDK is good OW. Kek. The patch in ref from before was HOTR. Burning had been changed already. Literally worst sustain and mobility in game. I wonder if you mean rootbitch group DK?

Mist is *** for kiting. I implore you to use it. Because chances are you will be snared and come out of it no further from most enemies, just less mag. I only use it a megablock, costly, but more mit and no cc. Off balance changes did not give better sustain. Quite the opposite actually. Because now a powerlash can miss, one setup down the drain. "but 2 lash from one cc. " You have a 1s window to use the second lash after the cool down. That is very easily missed if using a different ability or on a different target.

Dots are a great play in 1v1/1v2, where they can be stacked with pressure. They are not so good if you face enough people, or god forbid a heal. Block is great in 1v1,where it can be perma. But against a template or 4ish people you need 3k+ non recovery stamregen... with all sturdy and glyphs to permablock... Not including cc breaks and stam abilities to permablock.

Just play it for more than some potato mashes and see. Not even a MagDk thread.

But back to the point. Zaan only hits that high if you are bad, or truly outplayed. And building for it and playing around it is just as skillful as any other playstyle, because unlike the other sets from the procalypse, it isn't guaranteed full free damage has counters and a high cool down if you fail. But but light attacks killing... Go and just light attack someone with Zaan, you will go nowhere and be killed. Just like those who encounter this set do nothing to combat it enough, so get killed. Small lisr things harder to counter and worse in an Xv1. Snipe, resource poisons, snipe, defile spam, maim spam, blessed, siphoner, snarespam as mag. Etc.

Judging by your comments on incap I doubt you know what makes things OP or UP in a game.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What gets things nerfed? QQ threads

What makes QQ threads? High damage death recaps

We all know, in enough time, the Zaan threads will appear.

And off note.

There are a ton of high level players in this thread!!

*Feels warm and fuzzy*
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

On Zaan there were some testings to maximise it's damage, it ended at 69k damage with all buffs which is ridiculous. A complete Zaan proc does 20-25k damage against a good pvp build with other damage sources this is just too much.
    The fact that it outdoes Soulassault damage wise is already enough to tell that the set is too strong

I can maximise snipe damage to get that in 2 hits against a good pvp build. But it's not a set, so it's skillful balanced play I guess. You really are scared of the big numbers on your death recap aren't you.

:lol::cry: kek

Inb4 removed/shut for off topic and unconstructive. I already said how to counter it. It is up to you to l2p my young padawns.

OP I recommend wizards since you have the resto, too good honestly.
    Best houseknight EU.
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    People cried over viper a miserable 3k dps boost every 4 secs... And now this 2 piece set lol!! proc sets should never been introduced to pvp to start with! and if they did bring them why not learn from past mistakes? with some "balance" in mind... but for crying out loud if you are to bring something broken anyway please bring something equaly broken for stamina "ying/yang" lol balance. infernal guardian, valking skoria , grodgar , zaan vs selene and velidreth <
    wich are all garbage unless it comes from a high burst ganker and tbh the ganker was going to kill you regardless with or without the procs... good luck with those detect pots soul assault zaan combos ;)

One word= LoS.... No issues here, again a combo witch usually only works if your ganking or just catch the player off guard. In no way a win button

You are depending heavily on this new monster set. This is all I'm taking from your posts
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It might be worse than viper because it hits hard without crit. Unless you play with 24k shields or mistform, I do not believe you will survive at all if the wearer also uses immovability pot or you happened to be a stam build with no instant CC that knocks them away from you. It probably will need adjustments like damage reduction. Just not to the point of uselessness so that people still can choose to wear it to supplement their DPS like Skoria, Selene and Velidreth.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I can maximise snipe damage to get that in 2 hits against a good pvp build. But it's not a set, so it's skillful balanced play I guess. You really are scared of the big numbers on your death recap aren't you.

Inb4 removed/shut for off topic and unconstructive. I already said how to counter it. It is up to you to l2p my young padawns.

I never attacked your personal skill throughout the whole discussion but if you want to start this no worries.
    You are the worst "good" magdk I've ever encountered, when i fought you i always laughed at how easy it is to completely wreck you and how disgustingly bad you are. There is no other magdk in this game that claims to be somewhat decent which i can kill so easily and with no fear of getting killed by you.

And you know what's great about snipe?
    You are at 20k health and use a full damage setup that can be one shotted and not a tank that can survive infinitely while being able to dish out the damage.
    I can completely negate your damage by: LoS while you are casting it, dodge, Reflects, shield ulti, interrupt, cloak

And you are losing resources + your snipe will not hit as hard as your ultimates on the build while Zaan does:
    Zaan hits for more than anything of your toolkit on a build built around it.

• zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ur joking right lol, dk in general is the worst pvp spec in terms or damage, sustain and mobility.
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I never attacked your personal skill throughout the whole discussion but if you want to start this no worries.
    You are the worst "good" magdk I've ever encountered, when i fought you i always laughed at how easy it is to completely wreck you and how disgustingly bad you are. There is no other magdk in this game that claims to be somewhat decent which i can kill so easily and with no fear of getting killed by you.

You are at 20k health and use a full damage setup that can be one shotted and not a tank that can survive infinitely while being able to dish out the damage.
    I can completely negate your damage by: LoS while you are casting it, dodge, Reflects, shield ulti, interrupt, cloak

And you are losing resources + your snipe will not hit as hard as your ultimates on the build while Zaan does:

What class do u play and what platform?
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If your honestly saying magdk is an op open world spec u prob haven’t played it long enough. This is coming from a magdk main who understands the full capability of the class and what it is proficient and lacking in.
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

What class do u play and what platform?

PC EU, all specs all in Solo or Duo
    As i already said situational awareness before the fight is what saves you while fighting magdk is pretty easy when comparing it to magsorc, magnb, stamnb.

If you don't pick the place to fight the mob will get you if you get the proper movement to separate the group with Rocks, resource towers or the bridge Magdk is a great OW spec, i never said it's op it's just not the worst like others said
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Ur joking right lol, dk in general is the worst pvp spec in terms or damage, sustain and mobility.

If we are talking about stamdk then yes, magdk however has great damage, worst sustain will always be won by stamplar and magplar and you don't need much mobility when you're not fighting in open fields
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Im not comparing apples to cats. Not sure why you say that when u literally just confirmed what i just said. That you complain prety much when it suits you. You say we cant "nerf" everything to bottom tier and yet you were complaining about other classes and asking for nerfs because your class was bottom tier. Biased much? Same with Soul Assault. Just cherry picking arguments. "This time nerf everything to bottom tier (medium), dont wait for medium buffs".

Scared of the big numbers of Zaan? This is what you actually got so far? It seems like you are completely out of touch with reality and still have no clue about how bad proc sets are. My issue is proc sets in general. Zaan is just one of those. Its not even about nerfing them. Its about why they even exist in this state. This comment is from the PTS.
    We had a procalypse before that prety much broke PVP and it took them over half a year to fix it. This patch alone they introduced 2 proc sets with a higher tooltip than the highest proc set tooltip we ever had. And no, Zaan is not one of those 2. Zaan is even worse. And this is not the first time they introduce proc sets after the procalypse. In every single update they introduce more and more and more proc sets even tho they know what happened before. They are playing with fire and at some point whether its this update or a future one they will burn. So excuse us for being worried and not willing to go through another worse procalypse.

Proc builds are already coming back more broken than ever utilizing new and old "useless/balanced" proc sets that were just sitting there waiting for another introduction of a proc set that synergizes with them to create just another stupid proc build.
    Feel free to enlighten urself and check that new stamDK build in the forums utilizing new and old "balanced" procs to create a "balanced" build. The worst class in the game with trash offensive stats (22k stamina and prob less than 3k wpn dmg) one shotting people. Because obviously procs are "balanced" with their "counterplay". If we end up going through another proc meta just remember that u were defending procs because they have "counters".
    Edited by pieratsos on March 9, 2018 1:18PM
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ak_pvp you’re out of control with your rabid defense of this set man.
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They will nerf this, its over performing atm to get people to buy the DLC and go farm it..
    They did the same thing with warden cliff racer to, gave it an over performing mechanic to get people to buy it, then nerf it.
    So enjoy it while it lasts :)
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    @ak_pvp you’re out of control with your rabid defense of this set man.

As I said before. In the other thread. I don't care if it gets nerfed. I don't use it. It's not the savior of MagDk PVE as planned.

It is just the easiest thing to bait for since it appears high on the death recap, but has high counters. So when I say use the counters, the big numbers brigade bite so easily.

If I, the worst DK EU can counter it, then most other builds should too.
    Edited by ak_pvp on March 9, 2018 2:43PM
    Best houseknight EU.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Neither did I. I mentioned the big scary numbers. Not your skill. I mentioned your flawed views on OP and UP. Specifically incaps stun. (hint, fear exists and is buggy so it won't change.)

I don't think you have ever killed me. Since I main BGs, and you are in the same alliance mainly, but by all means. Duel me. :*

Also good luck interrupting a stealthed sniper from 30+ m away, good luck reflecting it with broken sounds and wings going down the second its cast.

Cloak and Los light attacks can deal with zaan too. And once they fix the LOS on the beam, trust me it won't be an issue any longer.
    Best houseknight EU.
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Neither did I. I mentioned the big scary numbers. Not your skill. I mentioned your flawed views on OP and UP. Specifically incaps stun. (hint, fear exists and is buggy so it won't change.)

I don't think you have ever killed me. Since I main BGs, and you are in the same alliance mainly, but by all means. Duel me. :*

Also good luck interrupting a stealthed sniper from 30+ m away, good luck reflecting it with broken sounds and wings going down the second its cast.

Cloak and Los light attacks can deal with zaan too. And once they fix the LOS on the beam, trust me it won't be an issue any longer.

Record the duel lol.
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Procs sets will be in the present and future pug killers. The same people who qq about Zaan are the same who complained cutting dive, soul assault, radiant, etc.. Keep in mind these skills had plenty of counterplay even though a lot of people didn’t think so. A majority of pugs don’t know how to raise their skill level I.e snipe spam to grand over lord.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I found a counter last night. Destro ult and then the Zaan user runs away instead of you.. :lol:
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you don't build for the counter, have a spec with class counters, or a potato its brutal. Either way it's a set that makes an impact and is easy for zergs to use which solo players tend to hate.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    I found a counter last night. Destro ult and then the Zaan user runs away instead of you.. :lol:

Lol bring that nuke to a gun fight? :)
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Apparently Zaan can proc on multiple targets if you use the overload heavy attack (AOE).

Everyone who gets crit in the same proc tick gets the fire beam.

So you get a zaan, and you get a zaan, everyone gets a zaan! :lol:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/399923/new-sorc-bomber-build#latest

This set is so broken, lol!
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apparently Zaan can proc on multiple targets if you use the overload heavy attack (AOE).

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/399923/new-sorc-bomber-build#latest

.... That's just awesome
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Killset
    Killset
    ✭✭✭✭
    Clearly players who had no idea how 2 counter it, and need to read up how the set works

Clearly someone who is excited about crutching another broken proc set. Dude I was USING it against good players. It’s too much. Way too much. Don’t even get me started on Caluurion.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

.... That's just awesome

Lol we need a video of that before zos fixes it lol
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

.... That's just awesome

Lol we need a video of that before zos fixes it lol

I'm gonna see if I can, just to. I'm picturing Zaan strings going in multiple directions. I'm probably gonna get pwned trying but it shall be GLORIOUS
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds