Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Zaan Examples

Waffennacht
Waffennacht
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I went through several different builds in the video, pretty much seeing what I like best.

I think you get a good view of how Zaan works in PvP.

https://youtu.be/4OIS5TPVDLU

BTW the preferred build has been:

x5 elf bane (jewelry, front bar ice staff)
x2 Zaan
x5 Transmutation resto back bar

Hrm...

I'll post my opinion:

When I first saw Zaan I thought an up close melee ish (tanky) build would be best. Let ya keep up close and deal just enough damage to kill with Zaan.

I did not like how this played out, it allowed a lot of players of counter Zaan or recover afterwards (in fact you can see it in some of the clips)

I much preferred a more offensive build that just used Zaan as constant pressure, I like the idea of a sorcerer because of Wrath, when Zaan gets opponents down, wrath finishes them. It's also nice to have Curse proc during Zaan (and frag)

Obviously NBs and DKs can really utilize Zaan with their natural high damage and built in Roots.

I elected to use frost staff for reach over encase. I found it much easier to use and damage is always welcome (I suppose those with Master staffs could have a lot of fun!)

The very high mobility of sorc makes keeping Zaan in range easy. And even if they break Zaan that doesn't mean you can't just wait for the next.

Detect pots are your best friend

There's also the huge advantage of procin Zaan when you're on the backbar, you're dealing massive damage and can easily barswap into offense.

What other set kills when you're hard CC'ed?

The biggest counter is using Zaan, because you can't tell it's not your Zaan you end up eating quite a few ticks before you realize wtf is going on
Edited by Waffennacht on March 5, 2018 10:39PM
Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
1300+ CP
Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zaan is kinda doing all your killing damage for you lol
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ashamray wrote: »

Lol absolutely, that's the whole idea! I do have enough offense to make wrath etc get em.

You can always see when it fires, I kill, without it, there would be no kills
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol absolutely, that's the whole idea! I do have enough offense to make wrath etc get em.

I like it better on Sorc based on those videos. Even if you don't use a spam-able, zaan becomes your spam-able pressure lol.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nobody's even trying to avoid Zaan in the video. Theyre either too focused on offense or they dont even know what Zaan's animation looks like
    Edited by Ankael07 on March 6, 2018 2:36AM
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • MrDenimChicken
    MrDenimChicken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw multiple dmg ticks for 4k, 5k damage, even a few 6k's....

Why did they put this in the game. I'm sorry but this is just lame.

I'm wondering how I'll be able to counter this new cancer with my magNB. I can't dodge roll spam away. I'll probably have to shadow image and than port away once the zaan procs. Stealth doesn't break the proc, does it?
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm wondering how I'll be able to counter this new cancer with my magNB. I can't dodge roll spam away. I'll probably have to shadow image and than port away once the zaan procs. Stealth doesn't break the proc, does it?

I hear purge and strealth break it

But still, a mistake and bam you're dead due to a 2 pieces sets :)

Time will well but I feel it is OP
    Edited by Morgul667 on March 6, 2018 2:40AM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stealth actually does, just gotta watch out for detect pots.

And you can Purge it.

I don't believe you can block it, (dunno,) cannot dodge it, I think it goes through Loss (I don't remember it proccing and letting my opponent try though)

I think the most punishing aspect is the fact it forces your opponent to disengage, and when they're in range it's usually to be on the offensive.

Ankael07 wrote: »
    Nobody's even trying to avoid Zaan in the video. Theyre either too focused on offense or they dont even know what Zaan's animation looks like

The first few ticks are very deceptive, it's about 3 and 4 that hurt, it luls opponents into a false sense of security (pun intended)

A few people are unaware of its existence yet.
    Minno wrote: »

I like it better on Sorc based on those videos. Even if you don't use a spam-able, zaan becomes your spam-able pressure lol.

I actually really like it on sorc, really bridges that gap, and proccing on the defense is a great way to move I to offense. Wrath + Curse + Zaan = gtf away from me lol

Oh and ice staff just compliments it well.

BTW all purp and blue gear
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    Most problem with zaan when it damage your but system doesn't show the animation.
    I had this many times and it's pretty disquisting bug.
    Also, it's too strong in non-cp. It need be reworked to be usefull but not so op as now. It literally do all your job tfor burst.
    Just wait until it start, then Downbreaker to stun, congratulations, we have a winner.
    Good idea with distance, but absolutly crap in reality because of visibility bug and bug with still damaging threw the walls sometimes or another things or at distance more than 10 meters.
    Edited by Anethum on March 6, 2018 3:01AM
    @Anethum from .ua
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that I'm ready to hit the PvE farm again, I'm the pro move is to sub Elf Bane for Caluurion

Lol yes
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I see a lot of 1v1's and a lot of potato mashing.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

To sell copies - as simple as that.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sixty5 wrote: »

Hey man I didn't select my opponents that's just who's out there

It's not a "look how great I am!" Video, I think it's a very accurate potrayal of what performance you can expect with the set.

Like... Example, how often do you face the #1 Uber dude in BGs?

You know my opinion buddy, plus, lots O starch is need ;)
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sixty5 wrote: »

I saw at least 2 people I know to be very good players
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zaan is top shelf cheese. It’s not bad yet because not many people have it. But it’s showing up more and more.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A single zaan when you're being chased by a group ends the fight.

It's a stupid set.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • glavius
    glavius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cloak breaks zaan even when mark/detect pot is up
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    #Balanced
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok my full on cheese idea:

x3 will power
    x1 asylum staff ice staff
    x5 Caluurion
    x2 Zaan

Stack mostly into regen or you know enough

Pulse, curse wrath, reach maybe SA
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, the combat devs need a slap on their wrists for this set. Even if it wasn't OP, it's simply too much payoff for too little effort, it's bad design.
    Molag Kena was the perfect "proc" set. No RNG BS, and with a cost to match its power. Instead of designing stupid lottery sets, they should have balanced Kena better.
  • Stahlor
    Stahlor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    glavius wrote: »

try to cloak or streak when you have a negate on top...
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stahlor wrote: »

is this about Zaan or about Negate???
  • Stahlor
    Stahlor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    About zaan, but decent pvp teams use negate - so you'll end up with negate and zaan on you quite often --> rip.
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    About zaan, but decent pvp teams use negate - so you'll end up with negate and zaan on you quite often --> rip.

"decent" or cancer? ;D
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azurya wrote: »

is this about Zaan or about Negate???

I think it’s about #nerfSorc as always.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Waffennacht any reason you’re not using shooting star in conjunction with zaan? Then your opponent is faced with a poison pill, if they run from zaan they can’t block the ult and if they block the ult they get nuked by zaan
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So many people take zero damage from all of your burst until zaan procs. Is it that you have no damage in your build or is mitigation in this game just THAT bad?
  • Stahlor
    Stahlor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats not a nerf sorc thing, its a make zaan interruptible by bashing thing.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    @Waffennacht any reason you’re not using shooting star in conjunction with zaan? Then your opponent is faced with a poison pill, if they run from zaan they can’t block the ult and if they block the ult they get nuked by zaan

Why shooting star? Why not soul assault? >:)
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

Why shooting star? Why not soul assault? >:)

In general soul assault is less effective against good players, leaves you in a casting snare, and wont give as much concurrent damage as shooting star because you’re unable to use abilities during its channel.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on March 6, 2018 4:42PM
  • Hoked_on_ponix
    Hoked_on_ponix
    ✭✭✭
    Hey!! you killed my squishblade in that video lol.