Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Zaan Examples

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    IMHO:

Zaan is a nice set to use if your ambition is to win at duels, beat peeps 1v1 in open world, gank, or zerg some poor fool down; its fine for that...

But when its campaign winning time and you are in a Keep fighting in close quarters with Oil and storms of AoE walking down the hallway, Zaan pales compared to some of the other Monster Sets out there...

I do feel that as a whole, it could use a small nerf of some sort; maybe reduce the range of the tether or take away its synergy with Elfs Bane (IMHO, that set is the only thing that makes Zaan dangerous; its pretty easy for my character to deal with otherwise)...

That said, even if it stays as is, it wont bother me at all; I've done very well dealing with Zaan users thus far...

It’s solid for 1vX on specific builds as well. And it’s very strong in BGs, since it can force a player off a flag/melt them, which helps with objectives. If you want to message me I’ve got a very dirty magplar setup that utilizes zaan like a boss.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on March 8, 2018 3:19AM
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    IMHO:

Zaan is a nice set to use if your ambition is to win at duels, beat peeps 1v1 in open world, gank, or zerg some poor fool down; its fine for that...

But when its campaign winning time and you are in a Keep fighting in close quarters with Oil and storms of AoE walking down the hallway, Zaan pales compared to some of the other Monster Sets out there...

I do feel that as a whole, it could use a small nerf of some sort; maybe reduce the range of the tether or take away its synergy with Elfs Bane (IMHO, that set is the only thing that makes Zaan dangerous; its pretty easy for my character to deal with otherwise)...

That said, even if it stays as is, it wont bother me at all; I've done very well dealing with Zaan users thus far...

It’s solid for 1vX on specific builds as well. And it’s very strong in BGs, since it can force a player off a flag/melt them, which helps with objectives. If you want to message me I’ve got a very dirty magplar setup that utilizes zaan like a boss.

Thanks for the offer, but I have no plans on using Zaan...

But if I change my mind, I'll definitely message you!

:)

Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    anyone try Zaan/overwhelming/wizards yet on a Magplar
    Edited by Xsorus on March 8, 2018 7:50AM
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Magblade here(NO BOMBING).
    Got hit by Zaan a couple of times no.problem shielding/cloaking it even when getting chased by the zerg. Just like Soul Assault it is a NOOB CANNON ...
    Good against players who don't know it and how it works, good in Xv1 situations but sh*t against everything else. Even in PvP the long cooldown turns me off ill take skoria over Zaan any day.
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Got hit by Zaan a couple of times no.problem shielding/cloaking it even when getting chased by the zerg. Just like Soul Assault it is a NOOB CANNON ...
    Good against players who don't know it and how it works, good in Xv1 situations but sh*t against everything else. Even in PvP the long cooldown turns me off ill take skoria over Zaan any day.

Great, now I'll go to all other classes simply equip cloak and never worry about a set that deals more damage than an ultimate
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ever tried efficient purge XD???
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And no im not defending it because i use it, i prefer engine guardian :-D
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ever tried efficient purge XD???

Right nothing better than having a magicka dump for 4.5k magicka that i need to use 3 times and hope to purge it great i can't think of something better to counter something this "unproblematic"
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As a mag blade Skoria is a good choice (esp combined it with Caluurion) but that's cuz of the toolkit.

To try and run Skoria, say on a Sorc, I'd need the Masters (cuz I'll get 1 dot..) and run poisons. That's a lot of focus for just skoria.

Or I could just use Zaan, have it proc typically when a NB comes in for the kill, and use the pressure to counter.

The more I play with it, the more I like it on sorc as a way to go defensive to Offensive.

I.e. get ambushed, weave healing ward, proc, H ward, Curse, Ward, Wrath, Ward (cuz they're pounding you) now half their health is gone. Either they run (you survive and can chase) or die to the proc + Wrath + Curse.

Happens a Lot in BGs.

Also, proc sets more valuable in no CP
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigh ill say it. Anyone dying to Zaan needs to read up how the set works and stop crying(aka L2P there are tons of counters). There are a lot worse, unbalanced af sh*t stuff out there that need attention.
    Almost all experienced PvP players over here don't use it fyi only occasionally some noobs who think its a I win set like viper was during its glory days but drops it very fast after seeing how trash it is.
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigh ill say it. Anyone dying to Zaan needs to read up how the set works and stop crying(aka L2P there are tons of counters). There are a lot worse, unbalanced af sh*t stuff out there that need attention.
    Almost all experienced PvP players over here don't use it fyi only occasionally some noobs who think its a I win set like viper was during its glory days but drops it very fast after seeing how trash it is.

You don't have to change your mind, but did you watch the video?
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clearly players who had no idea how 2 counter it, and need to read up how the set works
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clearly players who had no idea how 2 counter it, and need to read up how the set works

Just curious :)
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t think this set is that bad , the damage is high but that’s because people don’t expect it or know how to counter it.

After hearing about it for months I figured it was a matter of time people would throw it on. Honestly I just get out of it or move away before they can even damage me. The only time this set has showed up on my death recap is when I was already going to die by multiple people.
  • Ron_Burgundy_79
    Ron_Burgundy_79
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How exactly do you counter it when you're rooted, snared, and being pressured by 2 players with ultimates along with Zaan?

Must have been an L2P issue on my part.
  • Hoked_on_ponix
    Hoked_on_ponix
    ✭✭✭

Some classes have hard counters to Zaan like NB cloak. The problem with zaan is it will nuke anyone in certain builds such as medium. A good player will always see a Zaan proc and cc, and in my case incap which just adds 20% damage to the ticks. So a stam build has two options block and heal which is not effective or try to run in which case they will often get slowed or cced. It was similar to the Soul Assault problem before the nerf. Ya SA can be countered by all magic builds but on stam you have to block and heal and pray that nothing else hard hits you while your stam bar is ripped.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How exactly do you counter it when you're rooted, snared, and being pressured by 2 players with ultimates along with Zaan?

Lol, I was just gonna let it slide by, just past with out getting anyone worked up...

You however saw it lmao.

We know it wasn't a l2p issue, just didn't wanna start a fight :lol:
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    BohnT wrote: »

Great, now I'll go to all other classes simply equip cloak and never worry about a set that deals more damage than an ultimate

Or mist, and take little damage. I do on my DK. Or purge/streak and once they fix LOS it'd be very easy to deal with when treevPing. I get the stamDKs cannot really do much with it. But shall we nerf everything else to bottom tier too?
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zaan is a hard Counter to people in Medium without cloak and low mobility and no purge (stam dk, Werewolf). Anyone else has no excuse.
    @Ron_Burgundy_79 , depends on what class you play usually getting out of the root and getting some distance is usually the best option or when you realize he is using it stay close to a object where you can break LoS quick that's what I do with Soul Assault users in small scale engsgements
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
  • Ron_Burgundy_79
    Ron_Burgundy_79
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol, I was just gonna let it slide by, just past with out getting anyone worked up...

You however saw it lmao.

We know it wasn't a l2p issue, just didn't wanna start a fight :lol:

Understandable. My permafrost did cc you, it's just hard to see with lightning form up. Couldn't see it the first couple of times I watched it.
  • Ron_Burgundy_79
    Ron_Burgundy_79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zaan is a hard Counter to people in Medium without cloak and low mobility and no purge (stam dk, Werewolf). Anyone else has no excuse.
    @Ron_Burgundy_79 , depends on what class you play usually getting out of the root and getting some distance is usually the best option or when you realize he is using it stay close to a object where you can break LoS quick that's what I do with Soul Assault users in small scale engsgements

I was on a magwarden. 1:16 in the video. I was already having a rough time of it with a dk, sorc, and atro on me. Zaan proc and it was game over.
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »

Or mist, and take little damage. I do on my DK. Or purge/streak and once they fix LOS it'd be very easy to deal with when treevPing. I get the stamDKs cannot really do much with it. But shall we nerf everything else to bottom tier too?

"Little damage" with vampire you take +25k from Zaan without mistform, reduce it by 75% and we're at 6,250 damage through mistform, while you lose 4k mag+2 regen ticks and eat further damage.

There is no situation outside of magblades where the cost to counter it are in any way shape or form fine to be appropriate for a damn 2 pc Proc set.

No other stat giving set gives you these numbers where people have to run away from you to actually survive. this set is unbalanced in 1v1 and even more so in Xv1
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are no hard counters to Zaan, because the first 2 ticks are pretty much guaranteed to land and cc (and/or lag) can force you to take additional ticks. You don't need to eat the full proc in order to take some serious damage.
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Caitsith wrote: »
    I've found this:
    (it's very funny to watch and see the set doing the kill)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSfqNtkZXQc

Yesterday, I meet one magicka nightblade who tried to kill me with Zaan and soul assault, I don't know how I survived agaisnt that, but my health dropped at 10% really fast. (with medium armor), it's a really powerfull set. :D

People arent trying to avoid Zaan in this video either (understandably) because the set is new. Give them some time to adjust their muscle memory to Zaan's animation and the set will be balanced (if not weak) in the community's eyes. Mark my words
    Edited by Ankael07 on March 8, 2018 6:16PM
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I was on a magwarden. 1:16 in the video. I was already having a rough time of it with a dk, sorc, and atro on me. Zaan proc and it was game over.

Magwarden. 1St option if your in light, harness magica, the Betty netch purges 1 dot you have to be lucky on that one, elusive Mist since 90% of all mag userd are vampires, healing thicket red to ult, etc., enough counters there. In 1vs1s I just shield through it no need for cloak here XD.
    And the first 2 ticks do almost no damage : tooltip 5-6k per second so 2k on first proc(unless your really squishy), 3k on second proc in PvP. That's 5k-6k damage before you react nothing to worry about...
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »

"Little damage" with vampire you take +25k from Zaan without mistform, reduce it by 75% and we're at 6,250 damage through mistform, while you lose 4k mag+2 regen ticks and eat further damage.

There is no situation outside of magblades where the cost to counter it are in any way shape or form fine to be appropriate for a damn 2 pc Proc set.

No other stat giving set gives you these numbers where people have to run away from you to actually survive. this set is unbalanced in 1v1 and even more so in Xv1

25k, thats 2-3x harness magica for magica users since you get magica back i don't See a problem here even if you are taking loads of extra damage. In a 1vs1 i don't worry 2 much about it the last 2 people using it(a stam dk and a mag dk)were pretty easy to kill (14k soul tether+16k spectral bow crit Lmao on that stam dk)...
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
  • Arkangeloski
    Arkangeloski
    ✭✭✭✭
    People cried over viper a miserable 3k dps boost every 4 secs... And now this 2 piece set lol!! proc sets should never been introduced to pvp to start with! and if they did bring them why not learn from past mistakes? with some "balance" in mind... but for crying out loud if you are to bring something broken anyway please bring something equaly broken for stamina "ying/yang" lol balance. infernal guardian, valking skoria , grodgar , zaan vs selene and velidreth <
    wich are all garbage unless it comes from a high burst ganker and tbh the ganker was going to kill you regardless with or without the procs... good luck with those detect pots soul assault zaan combos ;)
  • Ron_Burgundy_79
    Ron_Burgundy_79
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Magwarden. 1St option if your in light, harness magica, the Betty netch purges 1 dot you have to be lucky on that one, elusive Mist since 90% of all mag userd are vampires, healing thicket red to ult, etc., enough counters there. In 1vs1s I just shield through it no need for cloak here XD.
    And the first 2 ticks do almost no damage : tooltip 5-6k per second so 2k on first proc(unless your really squishy), 3k on second proc in PvP. That's 5k-6k damage before you react nothing to worry about...

Unfortunately that's assuming @Waffennacht is a pug and isn't going to continue to deal damage (which he did). Also assuming I'm doing well with resources which isn't the case since I got ulti dumped and have 2 players attacking me. I counter ulti'ed with perma frost so I couldn't pop resto ulti (which is much stronger than trees).

I'm just pointing out that not every situation requires a player to L2P. Zaan is very strong. Would I have survived if Waff was running something else? Maybe. Could I have done anything differently after Zaans initial proc? Nope.

Again: 1:16 in the video.
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People cried over viper a miserable 3k dps boost every 4 secs... And now this 2 piece set lol!! proc sets should never been introduced to pvp to start with! and if they did bring them why not learn from past mistakes? with some "balance" in mind... but for crying out loud if you are to bring something broken anyway please bring something equaly broken for stamina "ying/yang" lol balance. infernal guardian, valking skoria , grodgar , zaan vs selene and velidreth <
    wich are all garbage unless it comes from a high burst ganker and tbh the ganker was going to kill you regardless with or without the procs... good luck with those detect pots soul assault zaan combos ;)

One word= LoS.... No issues here, again a combo witch usually only works if your ganking or just catch the player off guard. In no way a win button
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD