Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Get Creative with the ESO Daedric Dress Up Contest"

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Recremen wrote: »
    And one final question for now : do we need to use every slot for an outfit, or can we like, not use shoulder/belt/etc. if we don't need it? Currently we don't have a "hide" option for anything but helm, but for some shots it would be an improvement to leave some pieces of gear out, you know?
    You don't need to use every slot, no.

LemonSugar wrote: »
    I also have a question. My group of friends wished to participate in the 'Group' category, naturally. However, all of us wish to dress with inspiration from a different Daedric prince, rather than all dressing in variations of the same one. Is this something we can do? If so, how can we submit it? The drop-down menu only offers one Prince per submission, so I'm confused as to whether or not this is something that we can adequately do.
    Great question! Not everyone needs to focus on the same Daedric Prince. As far as which drop down to choose, we'll add an option for multiple in the same shot.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Australia gets excluded again... WTF!?!

These competitions really grind my gears, why cant you have competitions that include everyone??
    I'm sad too. Poland also excluded. :cry:

Just an idea, can a person from excluded country participate in contest if he will refuse to accept the prize?
    Because I think in terms of local laws the issue lies in prizes that winner will gain, not the participation itself...
    Edited by Marabornwingrion on March 8, 2018 4:49AM
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well the character bound outfit slot cost, killed the hype I had for this system

Won't be participating
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    Australia gets excluded again... WTF!?!

These competitions really grind my gears, why cant you have competitions that include everyone??
    I'm sad too. Poland also excluded. :cry:

Just an idea, can a person from excluded country participate in contest if he will refuse to accept the prize?
    Because I think in terms of local laws the issue lies in prizes that winner will gain, not the participation itself...
    Poland isn't excluded (finally!). Read Recremen's explanation on the previous page.
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wonder why some countries are excluded from contests, even when the contest doesn't offer any prizes to physically deliver. I think about Doom Wolf mount unlock from "Legends" promo code. It can be unlocked on any account - of course, cause it's a virtual thing which appears just by click of mouse; so I see no reason why players from any country can't have virtual items added to their game accounts in case they win some contest.
    There was also a thread where winner of their Horns Of Reach contest didn't receive simple virtual prizes cause he was from some excluded country. I can't even imagine the disappointment the player had... It's just sad and makes no sense :/
  • Enokariel
    Enokariel
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to try to attend, but my Country is as allways excluded.

I do not understand where the law conflicts with only ingame bonuses. But perhaps some of the bonuses (ie crowns) are considered by law as real money winning.

In other games I do not see those limitations. Would it be possible to design prices not to confflict with law anywhere?
    Or do you think that other games purely do not hold up to all legal limitations and hope nobody will judge them for giving away something in the coutries excluded by your rules?
  • feyii
    feyii
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    I have a question about the possible prize choices.

The article says e.g. "Four additional Outfit slots", what exactly does that mean?

Is it 4 slots for our whole account (current and future characters), 4 slots for all current characters, 4 slots distributed randomly between all our characters, 4 slots distributed between characters of our choice or 4 slots for the screenshot model character or even something entirely different?

This is relatively unclear to me, so some clarification would be really appreciated.
  • Lettigall
    Lettigall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yet again excluded. It's a curse of small countries, no one even bother to actually read your laws.
    Some men just want to watch the world burn... I just want a cold beer!
  • VDoom1
    VDoom1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

I have a question, not sure if it has already been answered. The screenshot you submit, is it supposed to be taken at the outfit station? Or can it be from anywhere in ESO? As long as there is good lighting so you can actually see the outfit.

@ZOS_GinaBruno a couple questions. The costumed character has to be on our live account, or could we make it on the PTS? On the prizes for the winners, it states "one in-game mount of choice", so does that includes the Radiant Apex mounts that players have a very small chance of receiving from the crown crates? Also would we have to choose a mount that is already in the game, or could we choose a mount that is coming, from say, the scalecaller boxes?
    I'm just asking for clarification. Thank you.
    It should be on Live. As far as the mount, it does not include Crown Crate exclusive mounts or previous exclusives such as the Striped Senche. You can choose any mount currently offered, or a previous limited time offer.

Also this.
    "You can choose any mount currently offered, or a previous limited time offer."
    Does that mean the winners can pick any mount that has had a limited time offer since ESO launched in 2014?

Also, why are so many countries excluded? Will there be another contest in the future where the countries that are excluded now will be accepted?
    Edited by VDoom1 on March 8, 2018 2:15PM
    We Fight For Cyrodiil.
    We fight for The Daggerfall Covenant.
    We fight for The Aldmeri Dominion.
    We fight for The Ebonheart Pact.
    We fight for Tamriel!
    CP 1200+
    Grand Master Crafter | Tamriel Hero
    Imperial Dragonknight
    Khajiit Necromancer
    Altmer Templar | Dunmer Nightblade
    Khajiit Nightblade | Argonian Dragonknight
    Altmer Sorcerer | Breton Nightblade
    Nord Warden | Dunmer Sorcerer
    Guild - Priests Of Hircine
    ESO Since 2014
    PC - EU
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What is all this daedric prince nonsense about. All my character fight for King Emeric and the Daggerfall Covenant.

Put on the Maelstrom Baron Polymorph and fight for Fruit Ninja.

Ok. I’ll do one. Cause she’s an outcast of my crew anyways.
  • Funrukdurkha
    Funrukdurkha
    ✭✭✭
    Um - is Dibella not daedric, then? <--- not lore savvy
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    elvici wrote: »
    Um - is Dibella not daedric, then? <--- not lore savvy

No, Dibella is one of the 8 divines (soon to be 9). Akatosh, Stendarr, Kynareth, Dibella, Mara, Julianos, Zenithar, and Arkay are all Aedra, and thus are very different from Daedra.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno will there be aedric dress up contest anytime?
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I had a question/suggestion regarding how you'd be able to tell what our character's costume is based off of. The submission box should have had a text box where the user can write out one or two sentences regarding what their costume is. For example, what if someone modeled their character after one of the knights/priests from Jyggalag's forces of order. How else would you guys be able to tell what it is, aside from the category just being "Jyggalag"?
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno If my friends and I submit a group pic and win, do we all get the prizes or just the person submitting it?
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • RT_Frank
    RT_Frank
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno If my friends and I submit a group pic and win, do we all get the prizes or just the person submitting it?

Would like to know this as well and if it applies to duo pics.
  • Thrawniel
    Thrawniel
    ✭✭✭
    Namira is on the list! Oh my! I actually have Namira-worshipping cannibalistic witch among my characters.
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if this has been answered or not, but I live in the UK and my partner lives in Romania. We wish to submit as a duo, but her country isn't eligble. Can she still take part and be with me in my picture, and only I get the prizes? Or can I only submit with other people from eligble countries?

Cheers
    Edited by Voxicity on March 9, 2018 5:23PM
  • trowlk
    trowlk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom I came to this thread, hoping you can help me with a problem we came with this event.

My Guild and I are participating in the Daedric Dressing Up Contest and we created a great idea and setting for the photo. There is only two problems, being my nationality the first one and the amount of players on the screenshot (16) the second one.

I hope you are willing to listen to our idea as we've put lot of effort in our outfits, ideas and setting!
  • ParanoeX
    ParanoeX
    Soul Shriven
    *Comment deleted as my questions were actually answered in this thread after reading this thread through thoroughly*
    Edited by ParanoeX on March 9, 2018 11:20PM
    There are worse fates than death.
  • InvisibleHelp
    InvisibleHelp
    Soul Shriven
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Hello. Is it allowed to make mirror and crop to the screenshots?
  • Hetaira
    Hetaira
    ✭✭✭
    We really need that answer about prizes for everyone in the picture for duo and group entries.

• Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Voxicity wrote: »
    Not sure if this has been answered or not, but I live in the UK and my partner lives in Romania. We wish to submit as a duo, but her country isn't eligble. Can she still take part and be with me in my picture, and only I get the prizes? Or can I only submit with other people from eligble countries?

Cheers

Probably is fine. I would think since only person has be on name for photo. Thing is though you would only win. Mind you though a group photo together is a treasure.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Can we submit more then one photo per category?
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Can we submit more then one photo per category?

I'd like to know this as well.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Interesting contest! I have made an outfit and took several screenshots, but have some questions @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Is it one single screenshot?
    Can you edit the screenshot in any way? Example; cropping it, having two angles in one image file, level adjustments etc.
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We would like to know, when we apply as a duo, if one of us is allowed to use a polymorph rather than an outfit.
    This would serve to better represent the other character, who embodies the daedric princes idea. Is this legit or shall we be forever doomed and forgotten ?
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Shadowdream
    Shadowdream
    ✭✭✭

I would also like to know this. My husband and I are doing the duos for sure, and it doesn't REALLY matter who gets the prize, though it would be awesome if it were fair to us both if we win.

But I'd really love to get some of our good friends together and submit as well, it just wouldn't be fair if we all put in the time and gold, but only one of us got the prize.

Really cool contest guys! Thanks!
  • Olessan
    Olessan
    Soul Shriven
    @ZOS_GinaBruno hi! I hope this isn't too inane of a question, but for the Duo and Group categories, are we allowed to enter a composite screenshot (several cropped and pasted together) of several of our characters?

That is, if I wanted to make a Duo entry, may I make an outfit for two of my characters and then combine the screenshots into one image to enter as the Duo? I imagine one character with two outfits (e.g. Sheo and Jygg) would not be allowed.

Or for Duo and Group must it be one character per player?

Which leads to my second question: someone already asked above if we may edit our screenshots, but would it be alright if we slightly adjusted the brightness and contrast (e.g. no more than 30%) for visibility and presentation purposes?
    Similarly, are we permitted to include multiple angles (front and back view) by editing in the second view?
    Is there a preferred format?

I already have a few ideas, I'm just wondering because if we can use multiple of our own characters, that's more room for creativity and less painful decisions of which one to enter!

Edit: and if we can include a mount, would that include past crown crate mounts (e.g. Dwarven)?
    Edited by Olessan on March 11, 2018 3:39AM
  • VDoom1
    VDoom1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel a bit sorry for Gina right now. Soooooo many questions to answer. We are a curios bunch! :P ^^
    We Fight For Cyrodiil.
    We fight for The Daggerfall Covenant.
    We fight for The Aldmeri Dominion.
    We fight for The Ebonheart Pact.
    We fight for Tamriel!
    CP 1200+
    Grand Master Crafter | Tamriel Hero
    Imperial Dragonknight
    Khajiit Necromancer
    Altmer Templar | Dunmer Nightblade
    Khajiit Nightblade | Argonian Dragonknight
    Altmer Sorcerer | Breton Nightblade