Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Get Creative with the ESO Daedric Dress Up Contest"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Get Creative with the ESO Daedric Dress Up Contest. Enter now by submitting a screenshot of your character utilizing the Outfit System to create a look that's inspired by a Daedric Prince and their sphere. For full details and contest rules, be sure to check out the article. Good luck!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the Nocturnal and Sheogorath dress up is kinda rigged considering their costumes were both crown store items.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, will you guys post an article showing of the winners? That would also be interesting.
    Edited by Vanthras79 on March 7, 2018 7:23PM
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »
    the Nocturnal and Sheogorath dress up is kinda rigged considering their costumes were both crown store items.

Remember when Lawrence dressed up as the Grim Harlequin Motif? :smiley:
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I already have some ideas. Looking forward to going home and working on it. Didn't think I would make another outfit, but this inspired me.

PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You need to utilize the outfit system though. Which rules out my Lich look I was planning
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ankael07 wrote: »

You need to utilize the outfit system though. Which rules out my Lich look I was planning

As long as you're not doing the entire thing as not-craftable motifs, I'm not seeing anything that says every slot has to be used. And if you have to, the Outfit slots can be used to just change the color too.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • ShadowHvo
    ShadowHvo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it allowed to make minor graphical edits in photoshop to the screenshots in question?

Also, are ENB's allowed, or must the screenshot be fresh from ESO without any graphical modification?
    Nighren - The Shadow Striker
    Leader of Bloodlines
    -- EU --

Want to roleplay in elder scrolls online? Check out eso-rp.com
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Vanthras79 wrote: »
    Hmm, will you guys post an article showing of the winners? That would also be interesting.
    Yes, definitely.
    ShadowHvo wrote: »
    Is it allowed to make minor graphical edits in photoshop to the screenshots in question?

Also, are ENB's allowed, or must the screenshot be fresh from ESO without any graphical modification?
    In general, the screenshot shouldn't be edited unless you're just removing your name, or something. What did you have in mind, though?

Using graphical modifications from addons is fine.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • StopDropAndBear
    StopDropAndBear
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ankael07 wrote: »

As long as you're not doing the entire thing as not-craftable motifs, I'm not seeing anything that says every slot has to be used. And if you have to, the Outfit slots can be used to just change the color too.

I'm curious about this too, I was considering using a Monster set piece but I'm unsure if every piece of gear needs to be altered
  • ShadowHvo
    ShadowHvo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In general, the screenshot shouldn't be edited unless you're just removing your name, or something. What did you have in mind, though?

What I had in mind was initially something akin to this (Though this is an old one, and not my current idea for a submission)
    kfFy2Ay.jpg

The two edits that has been done to that is the addition of a cape, and a "merge" of the Trinimac Medium Mask with the Outlaw Medium Hood.

Though, I have a feint feeling something like that would be stretching it too far?
    Nighren - The Shadow Striker
    Leader of Bloodlines
    -- EU --

Want to roleplay in elder scrolls online? Check out eso-rp.com
  • Highlor3
    Highlor3
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, Brazil isn't on the list of eligible countries. :/
    [PC-NA] CP 1200+ The Conquest of Tamriel, UESP & Taverna do Mestre
    The Scientia Consortium:
    • Rodbertus Quercus, Imperial, Dragonknight [EP]
    • Robert Bethencourt, Breton, Templar [DC]
    • Karlindah Telvanni, Dunmer, Sorcerer [AD]
    • Hejthuxis (former Raises-Her-Rear), Argonian, Nightblade [EP]
    • Limeril Bravewind, Altmer, Warden [AD]
    • Isilarelen, Dunmer, Dragonknight [EP]
    • Elindael, Bosmer, Warden [AD]
    • Hrodberaht Bright-Fame, "Nordguard", Warden [EP]
    • Ra'Kham, Khajiit, Nightblade [DC]
    • Brazilia gra-Bagol, Orsimer, Dragonknight [EP]
    • Nirrah al-Hegathe, Redguard, Necromancer [DC]
    • Theodora Quercus, Imperial, Templar [DC]
    • Cuddles-In-The-Water, Argonian, Templar [EP]
    • Cainneach the Pale, Reachman, Necromancer [AD]
    • Dughlas af-Fearley, Redguard, Sorcerer [DC]
    • Roze Cloturier, Breton, Arcanist [AD]
    [PC-EU] No CP THE CAPS ARMY
    • Adaltos Indoril, Dunmer, Templar [EP]
    • Geralt of Evermore, Breton, Nightblade [DC]
    • Feainneweedd, Altmer, Sorcerer [AD]
    • Robert Cloturier-Baudiae, Breton, Arcanist [DC]
  • JXNwarrior
    JXNwarrior
    ✭✭✭
    are multiple submissions per account allowed? I could spend a lot of time making multiple outfits for several princes
    PC NA 300 CP
    PS4 NA 1200+ CP
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno a couple questions. The costumed character has to be on our live account, or could we make it on the PTS? On the prizes for the winners, it states "one in-game mount of choice", so does that includes the Radiant Apex mounts that players have a very small chance of receiving from the crown crates? Also would we have to choose a mount that is already in the game, or could we choose a mount that is coming, from say, the scalecaller boxes?
    I'm just asking for clarification. Thank you.
    Edited by SilverIce58 on March 7, 2018 9:53PM
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Edit: Nevermind, I've just noticed that my country is excluded. The same situation as with previous contest...

ZOS, is there a way that you could make a contest which won't conflict with some local laws? Maybe changing the type of prizes could solve this issue? This is really sad that every time there is something that I'd love to participate, I'm excluded...

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by Marabornwingrion on March 8, 2018 4:43AM
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vanthras79 wrote: »
    Yes, definitely.

What if we just want to make the colors pop? :p
    Edited by NyassaV on March 7, 2018 9:53PM
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So for clarification, are we limited to one submission period? One per category? Inquiring minds wish to know.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also how much of this needs to be outfit-related specifically? I'm guessing costumes aren't allowed. What about hats? Masks? Unique adornments and hairstyles? Are we allowed to use housing to set up the right atmosphere, or does it need to be shot out in the world?
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its a bit hard to do for me lore-wise. Daedric furnishing after morrowind consisted of daedric altars, daedric urns, etc. which while being daedric was furnishing of Sixth House, could be found only in related public dung and have emblems of House across furnish items and bound by lore to it. we know 6th House doesnt worship any deadra, yet heavily use daedric-themed things. Azura furnish pack was consisting of those 6th House items that not related to her but still classified as "daedric". Even special OST "dark sanctuary" from vol.2 was written especially for Sixth House public dung and was aka "daedric theme" ost used later in daedric-related delves. Even Iron Atronachs could be fount only there.
    1. So, if my char is look "daedric" coz roleplaying member of Sixth House Cult, which is hostile to daedric princez but adopting daedric "things", he cant participate? Would be nice to follow Camoran theory that Lorkhan is daedra, not aedra.
    2. Doez background of screenshot based on daedric theme has any meaning?
    Edited by Cinbri on March 7, 2018 10:24PM
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me know when you guys have a "Dress like the 10 Races" contest, considering I basically made all my characters look like a Roman Empire inspired Imperial.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Australia gets excluded again... WTF!?!

These competitions really grind my gears, why cant you have competitions that include everyone??
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭

These competitions really grind my gears, why cant you have competitions that include everyone??

that's not their choice, its the laws from the country. well i would assume. idk for sure but i would imagine its "prize" laws or tax stuff
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
  • mildlylucid
    mildlylucid
    ✭✭✭

"All participants must be 18 years of age or older at the time of entry, must possess a valid form of identification and be a legal resident of (i) one of the 50 United States (or the District of Columbia) excluding the territories, military installations and commonwealths, (ii) Canada, (iii) the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Austria, Poland, Spain, Belgium, Sweden, Switzerland, Norway, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Russia, (iv) Australia, New Zealand, or (v) Argentina, Mexico, Peru. "

?
    Another day, another deathtrap.
    PC | NA | CP: 690+
    Main: Littlewill (50) - Khajiit Dragonknight Tank
    Alts:
    Bajzhli-do (50) - Khajiit Stamina Dragonknight DPS
    Tlanir Dro'flayn (23) - Dunmer Magicka Nightblade DPS
    Morgayne Dalodrel (21) - Breton Magicka Templar Healer
    Tumande Stormwatch (20) - Altmer Magicka Sorcerer DPS
    Tamdril Merilyn (5) - Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight DPS
    Bjorngrim Ingensen (5) - Nord Warden Tank
    Gwynereth Bonecrusher (4) - Bosmer Stamina Warden DPS
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And one final question for now : do we need to use every slot for an outfit, or can we like, not use shoulder/belt/etc. if we don't need it? Currently we don't have a "hide" option for anything but helm, but for some shots it would be an improvement to leave some pieces of gear out, you know?
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"All participants must be 18 years of age or older at the time of entry, must possess a valid form of identification and be a legal resident of (i) one of the 50 United States (or the District of Columbia) excluding the territories, military installations and commonwealths, (ii) Canada, (iii) the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Austria, Poland, Spain, Belgium, Sweden, Switzerland, Norway, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Russia, (iv) Australia, New Zealand, or (v) Argentina, Mexico, Peru. "

?

excluding the territories, military installations and commonwealths, (ii) Canada, (iii) the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Austria, Poland, Spain, Belgium, Sweden, Switzerland, Norway, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Russia, (iv) Australia, New Zealand, or (v) Argentina, Mexico, Peru

excluding
    ɪkˈskluːdɪŋ/Submit
    preposition
    not taking someone or something into account; except
    Edited by ForsakenSin on March 8, 2018 12:28AM
    "By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

Arise From Darkness Forsaken SIn
    "You have been a loyal High Elf Magica Sorc
    Conjure of Darkness, Master of Magic
    Killer of Molag Bal and Savior of Ebonheart Pact
    Until Dark Brotherhood killed you...
    but now..NOW its time to Arise From Darkness once again..."

• LemonSugar
    LemonSugar
    Soul Shriven
    I also have a question. My group of friends wished to participate in the 'Group' category, naturally. However, all of us wish to dress with inspiration from a different Daedric prince, rather than all dressing in variations of the same one. Is this something we can do? If so, how can we submit it? The drop-down menu only offers one Prince per submission, so I'm confused as to whether or not this is something that we can adequately do.
    @LemonSugar: RP/PVE. Nightblade preference.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

?

excluding the territories, military installations and commonwealths, (ii) Canada, (iii) the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Austria, Poland, Spain, Belgium, Sweden, Switzerland, Norway, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Russia, (iv) Australia, New Zealand, or (v) Argentina, Mexico, Peru

excluding
    ɪkˈskluːdɪŋ/Submit
    preposition

@ForsakenSin

I see the problem, you're grouping the terms incorrectly. The "excluding" line refers to the territories, military installations, and commonwealths refer strictly to those of the United States. Separating them out properly gives us the following.

All participants must be 18 years of age or older at the time of entry, must possess a valid form of identification and be a legal resident of
    1. (i) one of the 50 United States (or the District of Columbia) excluding the territories, military installations and commonwealths
    2. (ii) Canada
    3. (iii) the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Austria, Poland, Spain, Belgium, Sweden, Switzerland, Norway, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Russia, (iv) Australia, New Zealand, or (v) Argentina, Mexico, Peru.

So unless you're on a US base in Australia or something you should be OK?
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »

?

excluding
    ɪkˈskluːdɪŋ/Submit
    preposition

@ForsakenSin

I see the problem, you're grouping the terms incorrectly. The "excluding" line refers to the territories, military installations, and commonwealths refer strictly to those of the United States. Separating them out properly gives us the following.

All participants must be 18 years of age or older at the time of entry, must possess a valid form of identification and be a legal resident of
    1. (i) one of the 50 United States (or the District of Columbia) excluding the territories, military installations and commonwealths
    2. (ii) Canada
    3. (iii) the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Austria, Poland, Spain, Belgium, Sweden, Switzerland, Norway, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Russia, (iv) Australia, New Zealand, or (v) Argentina, Mexico, Peru.

So unless you're on a US base in Australia or something you should be OK?

See now that makes sense

59349318.jpg
    "By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

Arise From Darkness Forsaken SIn
    "You have been a loyal High Elf Magica Sorc
    Conjure of Darkness, Master of Magic
    Killer of Molag Bal and Savior of Ebonheart Pact
    Until Dark Brotherhood killed you...
    but now..NOW its time to Arise From Darkness once again..."

• Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we equip a Hat to go alongside our outfit, or is it strictly just through using the Outfit system?
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to be the one to say but, there is not much motif diversity for "daedric" styles, most of the entries will be players looking alike, no? @ZOS_GinaBruno How will that be handled?
    #MOREORBS
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

What I had in mind was initially something akin to this (Though this is an old one, and not my current idea for a submission)
    kfFy2Ay.jpg

The two edits that has been done to that is the addition of a cape, and a "merge" of the Trinimac Medium Mask with the Outlaw Medium Hood.

Though, I have a feint feeling something like that would be stretching it too far?
    Yeah, anything changing the appearance the character isn't really in the spirit of the contest and isn't allowed.

JXNwarrior wrote: »
    are multiple submissions per account allowed? I could spend a lot of time making multiple outfits for several princes
    One submission per category. :)

@ZOS_GinaBruno a couple questions. The costumed character has to be on our live account, or could we make it on the PTS? On the prizes for the winners, it states "one in-game mount of choice", so does that includes the Radiant Apex mounts that players have a very small chance of receiving from the crown crates? Also would we have to choose a mount that is already in the game, or could we choose a mount that is coming, from say, the scalecaller boxes?
    I'm just asking for clarification. Thank you.
    It should be on Live. As far as the mount, it does not include Crown Crate exclusive mounts or previous exclusives such as the Striped Senche. You can choose any mount currently offered, or a previous limited time offer.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post