Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Official Discussion Thread for "Get Creative with the ESO Daedric Dress Up Contest"

• NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    NeKryXe wrote: »
    Acrolas wrote: »
    So aside from being a non-compliant prize, if you were to spend even a fraction of a euro on any resource indirectly related to the game - this includes Internet service and power utilities - that second, quoted part would also be violated.

it doesn't make any sense. if that could be possible no one from Portugal would be able to enter in any international contest, and the fact is that the zos contests are the only contests i know that Portuguese people are banned from. there must be another reason.

as i said before: i never had any problem to enter in any contest on steam or receiving their prizes. and i've been using steam for 14 years.
    Out of curiosity, what kind of contests did Steam organize?

you have at least 4 events every year that allows you to win trading cards and game items that you can even sell for real money. so... it's really hard to understand flawed excuses from zos when they promote a free event that have some virtual prizes that you can't even turn into money.

also there are lots of non official steam keys contests on the web with no country restrictions.

there's something really bad explained on this free screenshot contest with virtual prizes impossible to monetize.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Holden @ZOS_GinaBruno

For answering our questions! Ready to win now B)
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    you have at least 4 events every year that allows you to win trading cards and game items that you can even sell for real money.
    Portugal is really interesting. The prize has to have actual economic value
    I'm not seeing the contradiction. You can sell or trade Steam prizes for money, but you can't with ZOS rewards.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do the Steam events even qualify as contests? There is no competition, no game of skill or chance - everybody is guaranteed rewards if they do the specified tasks.

I have no idea what the legal definition of a contest is, though.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »
    you have at least 4 events every year that allows you to win trading cards and game items that you can even sell for real money.
    I'm not seeing the contradiction. You can sell or trade Steam prizes for money, but you can't with ZOS rewards.

well... i have to tell you that i wasn't aware that you could sell the ESO items. does zenimax have a community market with real money like steam? O_o
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

well... i have to tell you that i wasn't aware that you could sell the ESO items. does zenimax have a community market with real money like steam? O_o

No, hence they don't have economic value.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    all this thing is so weird that i got confused.

so... you mean that people from Portugal can only enter on money prize contests? O_o

that's still crazy, if not crazier. i'm sorry but i really can't believe in that. i never saw anyone being arrested or paying a fine for receiving a trophy, not in any contest and not even in sports :) there must be some confusion or some wrong translation on the law.

anyway... i can't even imagine the portuguese police watching carefully for an outfit screenshot contest to catch the dangerous criminal who may win some crowns :D

cmon. this is insane :D
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    Do the Steam events even qualify as contests? There is no competition, no game of skill or chance - everybody is guaranteed rewards if they do the specified tasks.

I have no idea what the legal definition of a contest is, though.

the steam events always had games of chance :) anyway --- can you please tell me what was the skills or competition needed for this contest: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/tripofalifetime/ -- zos also banned Portugal from this contest where we could win prizes with a lot of real money value :)

• Leighlaa
    Leighlaa
    ✭✭✭
    Hi @ZOS_GinaBruno! Before I was really certain what I was doing, I submitted 1 image to each of the three categories... but I first did it with all the names in the group and duo, and then I resubmitted with just my name (After reading this thread). In the end, I only did 1 image per category, but submitted them a few times so I wouldn't be left out of your entry system. Am I good?
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leighlaa wrote: »
    Hi @ZOS_GinaBruno! Before I was really certain what I was doing, I submitted 1 image to each of the three categories... but I first did it with all the names in the group and duo, and then I resubmitted with just my name (After reading this thread). In the end, I only did 1 image per category, but submitted them a few times so I wouldn't be left out of your entry system. Am I good?

They mentioned somewhere only latest submission will be counted.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was very fun!

I must say quite the experience.. especially the group one.

I ended giving up planning it and spammed all guilds and ended up with 6 people ready in mins, though only four stayed for shots. (Tsk tsk we are going win :p ) I think it was such ... splendid experience how we worked together as strangers.

1) one person turned out be a loremaster so nothing was out place.

2) one turned out be graphic design

3) one person with movie like graphics took the shot.

4) one person did all organizing and too care of minor details.

Group effort on picture

Edited by Tasear on March 15, 2018 5:01AM
  • Leighlaa
    Leighlaa
    ✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »

They mentioned somewhere only latest submission will be counted.

Thank you! Then I did it properly.

ALSO, @ZOS_GinaBruno in my SOLO picture there is a housing assistant as part of the furniture... but the focus of the image is 100% on me as a solo dress-up artist- but I just realized the "person" (read: furnishing) might make it look like a duo? They aren't real nor am I trying to make them my duo partner >< I hope it's ok!
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are we allowed to crop photos @ZOS_GinaBruno? or do we send the original size
    Edited by Aliyavana on March 15, 2018 8:25AM
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @aliyavana it was answered a page or two back.

Cropped is fine. :) Good luck!

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Leighlaa wrote: »

Yeah, you'll be fine. Thanks for the heads up!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • lalala
    lalala
    Soul Shriven
    Question: Is the entire screenshot judged, or is it the clipped version displayed in the confirmation screen?

This matters. I may or may not have to resubmit to the contest.

Not sure if this got answered, but I have the same question...
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gina "Screenshots shouldn't be modified beyond some basic color correction (brightness, contrast, etc)." does this mean I cant crop?
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was wondering if we are allowed to crop images? you said on your thread "Screenshots shouldn't be modified beyond some basic color correction (brightness, contrast, etc)." So is cropping outta the question?

I also made this thread https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/400572/show-off-your-daedric-prince-outfit/p1 And its dedicated for daedric prince submissions we submitted, and in the rules it said "According to the terms in the section By submission of an Entry:" "(d) you warrant that the Entry has not been previously published;" So is it fine that I publish it in the forums after its submitted? And lastly, if its alright if someone say copies my photo from the thread and pastes it into the entry, can you all see the dates on screenshots to see what is the original? Thank you for your time

,Sincerely aliyavana
  • ktdotexe
    ktdotexe
    ✭✭✭
    [deleted]
    Edited by ktdotexe on July 11, 2019 4:44PM
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @aliyavana @PetiteFire

See the reply above, you can crop.

Also posting in the forum is not against the rule of previously publishing.

It is okay to use costume pieces.
    ZOS_Holden wrote: »
    Hi there!

Great questions, guys! Hopefully we can shed some light on these.
    Anyway I was wondering if there was anyway to change my submisstion?

Yes. Submitting a second time will count as a resubmission.
    Saucy_Jack wrote: »
    Does the outfit have to be created through some combination of craftable gear at the actual outfit station, or can it be created from costume pieces as well?

No. The outfit does not have to be solely made from craftable gear, costume pieces can also be used.
    Thanks you so much for taking the time to answer our questions. I do have one more though. Seeing as I posted it here on the forums dose that now count as having been "previously published"? Someone raised that question earlier.

Hi again, @DragonLane555!

No. Posting your submission here on the forums does not count as having been previously published.

• Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @aliyavana @PetiteFire

Hi there!

Does the outfit have to be created through some combination of craftable gear at the actual outfit station, or can it be created from costume pieces as well?

No. The outfit does not have to be solely made from craftable gear, costume pieces can also be used.
    Thanks you so much for taking the time to answer our questions. I do have one more though. Seeing as I posted it here on the forums dose that now count as having been "previously published"? Someone raised that question earlier.

No. Posting your submission here on the forums does not count as having been previously published.

wheres the comment saying you can crop?
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aliyavana wrote: »
    @aliyavana @PetiteFire

Hi there!

It might be a different area, but definitely saw we can crop.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok nvm I found it
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    aliyavana wrote: »
    @aliyavana @PetiteFire

Hi there!

On the previous page, I also included it in response to the previous time you asked.
    Olessan wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Holden thank you for the clarification!

I submitted my entry a few days ago, a screenshot with some mild contrast, brightness, etc, correction, but it's cropped (I used the open menu to get a better shot showing legs and feet). Should I resubmit it uncropped? I don’t want to get disqualified for having 'two' entries that are the same image.

• Olessan
    Olessan
    Soul Shriven
    Olessan wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Holden thank you for the clarification!

I submitted my entry a few days ago, a screenshot with some mild contrast, brightness, etc, correction, but it's cropped (I used the open menu to get a better shot showing legs and feet). Should I resubmit it uncropped? I don’t want to get disqualified for having 'two' entries that are the same image.

Thank you!
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm kinda thinking that the contest may be more centered towards "the coolest screenshot of an outfit" rather than "the coolest daedric outfit"... I mean I get that backgrounds and such are important, but they really shouldn't be a criteria in a dress up contest.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • ktdotexe
    ktdotexe
    ✭✭✭
    [deleted]
    Edited by ktdotexe on July 11, 2019 4:44PM
  • Catsmoke14
    Catsmoke14
    ✭✭✭
    lalala wrote: »
    Question: Is the entire screenshot judged, or is it the clipped version displayed in the confirmation screen?

This matters. I may or may not have to resubmit to the contest.

Not sure if this got answered, but I have the same question...

lalala and I still do not know if it is the cropped picture in the confirmation screen that will be judged or the original full 1920 x 1080 (in my case) screenshot?

It does matter - in my case the clipped version in the confirmation screen cuts off my left arm. Awkward.

It might be bad for group submissions too. Any answer to this?
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have submitted my three entries (solo, duo, group) but the woobox share link for each goes to the contest entry form and not a screenshot - is that intended? or did I do something wrong?
  • TERMINAT0R_XVII
    TERMINAT0R_XVII
    ✭✭✭
    Out of all the questions on here I didn't see this one so
    Are console players eligible?
    Xbox one NA server
    Current CP level: 481
    Main= Clan-Mother Ra'Zaria: Khajiit Dragonknight EP (Toxic Shock Build)
    Hlevala Redoran: Dark elf Sorcerer DC (Daedric Sorcerer Build)(race subject to change)
    Tsudajiti-Ri: Level 23 Kajiit Nightblade AD (Magicka, 3 hit ko Build)
    Tulara Ayrenn: High Elf Templar DC (Right Hand of Mara Build)
    One-Who-Breaks-Mountains: Argonian Templar EP (Left Hand of Mara Build)
    Lillca Boulder-Child: Nord Dragonknight EP (Indominable Tank Build)(no purge)
    Logranka-Gra-Orsinium: Level Orc Dragonknight AD (Volcanic Incineration Build)
    Nivinora Night-Hollow: Wood Elf Nightblade DC (Jaqspur Build)(bow abilities only)
    High Queen Atmorra: Level 10 Redguard Templar EP (Tireless Stamplar)
    Rakkiza Mane-Sister: Level 7 Khajiit nightblade DC (in progress)
    Vavakra Telvanni: Level 36 Dunmer Warden AD (in progress) (race subject to change)