Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

All mail items deleted along with character

Valn
Valn
✭✭✭✭✭
Made a character, looked in my mail, took out all the items, decided I didnt like the look of my character.

Made a new character, found out all the mudcrab and ring of mara items were deleted because they were on the first character.

I have no explorer pack, no vanity pets, no ring of mara. It seems the mailbox is shared through all characters.

Worst system ever. I thought i'd get the same stuff for each new character I make.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey @Valn, could you please contact our Support Team? They should be able to help you get your items back. You can email them directly, here: http://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/ask
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Valn
    Valn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay. What the hell.

I wrote them an email, and they showed me suggested answers, and they said that these items are one time items? WTF? I assumed they would be on all my characters!

Have I seriously just lost all of the pre order bonuses and items because I deleted my character after 10 minutes of gameplay?!
  • Intergalactical
    Had the same problem. Made a character, redeemed the items, didnt like the character I made so I rerolled a new one. Saw the items were gone and then read that its a one time redeemable item. Seriously stupid system. The amount you pay for the imperial edition you would think they would make it a proper account wide bonus like every other mmo.
  • Valn
    Valn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Totally uncool. The reason I pre ordered was for those items alone. I want my pre order items back please.
  • Asuna_Meow
    Asuna_Meow
    ✭✭✭
    I did same thing in chat right now with support bout it, I'm not blaming Zen for my mess up
    Meow
  • Laerrus
    Laerrus
    ✭✭✭
    This makes me nervous to do anything in game at the moment. You folks over on the Dev team might want to consider putting in a hotfix to resolve this issue.
  • Rafinda
    Rafinda
    So if I create more than one character, the items are bound to whichever one I read the mail first with? Is this intended behaviour or a bug?
  • Valn
    Valn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rafinda wrote: »
    So if I create more than one character, the items are bound to whichever one I read the mail first with? Is this intended behaviour or a bug?
    they're account bound so you can mail them to your other characters, but if you delete your character the items will be deleted forever (i found out the hard way)
  • Evangel_Cottrell
    Thanks for creating this thread, should save lot's of heartache for latecomers.
    You N'wah
  • Dragooner
    Dragooner
    wrote:
    they're account bound so you can mail them to your other characters, but if you delete your character the items will be deleted forever (i found out the hard way)
    Sorry, that CANT be the last solution. there are many ppl who deletet the Char and lost the Items. If it so, Zenimax should prepare for a storm... The Pre Order Items was the Reason, why i have done the Preorder..
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on March 30, 2014 2:49PM
  • Luxx
    Luxx
    I have the exact same issue. Nowhere in the mail does it specify that they are one time use either.
    Edited by Luxx on March 30, 2014 11:50AM
    P is for peasant.
  • Solantis
    Solantis
    Same problem here... but Its ridicolous... I redeemed them, they were in my inventory. I then deleted my character a few minutes later cause bug zoom. I then made a new character, checked my mail and saw the items were gone and i had already read the mail, because the mail seems to be account bound rather than character bound.
    Edited by Solantis on March 30, 2014 12:13PM
  • Kapudowitski
    I am not the only one who has this problem. There are MANY MANY MANY more people... I made a new character, but then I realised I was in the wrong faction. Now I lost all my stuff. Please ESO DO SOMETHING. This is unfair.
  • Ghastly
    Ghastly
    ✭✭✭
    I did the same thing, but after contacting support they told me that they "couldn't restore deleted characters", I've responded that I don't care about the character itself, just the items that got deleted from the imperial edition + beta pet. I haven't yet received a response back.

Hopefully this will be resolved soon.
  • Jamesduggan1990_ESO
    Same thing happened to me, has anyone had their items restored by support?
  • mattctodd
    mattctodd
    Same things happened to me, nothing back from support so far.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks for your patience, guys. We're working on a solution :) In the meantime, please create and submit a ticket to Support so you can get yourself in their queue.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Jser
    Jser
    This just happened to my friend as well. Made a toon, didn't like it, deleted him and made a new one. Real waste of money because of that small incident. :/
  • snigernissen
    snigernissen
    ✭✭
    yup same thing here, found out i was in the wrong alliance so had to reroll my toon, so lost all my items....
  • joetrouble
    So this is pretty messed up. I made a character and due to a GAME BUG the camera would not zoom in so i did not like the way my face looked once i saw it up close. I decided I should remake him now befor i wasted any more time and now my items are gone and all my friends are outleveling me with their Mara buffs... =(
  • Navhkrin
    Navhkrin
    ✭✭✭
    Thats very bad news :(
  • psy456b14_ESO
    Count me in the group that "naaaaah, they wouldn't do that just per account" and remade my character once the zoom bug was working. Ticket submitted, fingers crossed
  • Starnes
    Starnes
    ✭✭✭
    Valn wrote: »
    Okay. What the hell.

I wrote them an email, and they showed me suggested answers, and they said that these items are one time items? WTF? I assumed they would be on all my characters!

Have I seriously just lost all of the pre order bonuses and items because I deleted my character after 10 minutes of gameplay?!

Very badly handled delivery system. On top of that your customer service response was just horrid.
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't know how they didn't anticipate this.

I too lost an item but it was only the beta monkey pet. I can wait for that. But the fact is every other MMORPG makes these items per character. Yeah items like the rings of mara shouldn't be per character but vanity pets and treasure maps and everything else should be, and I'm sure we are all so used to that system that we're deleting characters here without even thinking about it.
  • MysteryOne
    I have the same problem with my pre-ordered digital edition items; i sent a request to support. It was not the 'not like chra', but the zoom issue that has led me into this...
    Edited by MysteryOne on March 30, 2014 12:44PM
  • ShinChuck
    ShinChuck
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know how they didn't anticipate this.

I too lost an item but it was only the beta monkey pet. I can wait for that. But the fact is every other MMORPG makes these items per character. Yeah items like the rings of mara shouldn't be per character but vanity pets and treasure maps and everything else should be, and I'm sure we are all so used to that system that we're deleting characters here without even thinking about it.

This. I didn't personally lose anything, but they really should be per character as most MMOs, particularly P2Ps, do (not all F2Ps, but let's not go there!). As you said, maybe not the rings, but the vanity pets? Absolutely!
    "It's morally wrong to suggest gameplay changes for an MMO."
    ...seriously, someone told me that once here. The things people will do to win their internet arguments!
  • Theojin
    Theojin
    ✭✭
    I have the same problem. Deleted first Char, and bonus items are gone :( too bad, that there is no description, that the items are unique per account.
  • psy456b14_ESO
    I'd ended up redeeming the last one first, and going back to read them again, only one of them says it's a 1 time use. I want to say that's for the rings of Mara whiiiiiiiiich while I guess I can understand, there should be a grace period for mistakes in the first hour. But the rest of it... yeah. Per account is kind of a new thing for me.
  • SeñorCinco
    SeñorCinco
    ✭✭✭✭
    I created a random character at first to get around the zoom issue.

Now, I'm afraid to spend an hr in the creator to find out I lost all of my new stuff.

The forums are all messed up. There is no general discussion, you can't upload an avatar, we still have all the junk from the beta on our account and all of the bad that is stuck form that. Plus all of the languages are clumped together.

Then add the fact that the game is in disarray and I just... quit.

I altered my life's schedule for this? No thanks. I'll wait till a week or so after launch and I might start then.
    Words contained in posts, at which point I stop reading and will not respond...
    Toon / Mana / WoW or any acronym following "In ___" /
    Pets (when referring to summoned Daedra) / Any verbiage to express slang (ie, ending in uz,az,..) / Soul Stone
    ... to be continued.

Now, get off my lawn.

• Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Theojin wrote: »
    I have the same problem. Deleted first Char, and bonus items are gone :( too bad, that there is no description, that the items are unique per account.

Even if there was a description the fact is they shouldn't be unique per account. Who the hell wants to pass their vanity pets around to each character as they log one off and log another on?