The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Extremely dangerous housing storage bug still exists! Don't delete your characters!

• SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Okay let me ask everyone this.
    Did at any point ZOS claim that the Housing Chests would act exactly like another personal Bank? Sounds like everyone is getting angry over making a mass misunderstanding of how things worked.

Did you even read the description of the bug? Because your response makes absolutely no sense at all ...
    confused24.gif
  • iannotinbjing
    iannotinbjing
    ✭✭✭
    I too wish I'd seen this thread a little sooner. Just bought a 30 and a 60 capacity chest, summoned the mule who's been holding all the sets I use for levelling new characters - blue and purple julianos, magnus, hunting, nightmother, plus various level blue and purple jewellery, deposited it all in the chests, deleted mule in order to role a new character. All gone.

Just want to add that ZOS fixed this really promptly for me. I posted a ticket, they got back to me straight away, reinstated deleted character and all my stuff is back, so I'm happy! Support said to open chest with another character before deleting that one again, until they fix it.

That's good enough for me. Stuff (or something) happens...
  • FLambda
    FLambda
    ✭✭✭
    If this went to live, I'm very puzzled as well. This was posted on the PTS forum well in advance of launch day, but they still pushed it to live because they couldn't fix it in time.

So apparently at ZOS deadlines come before quality. That's the only thing that I can conclude from cases like this.
    11/11/11
    Edited by FLambda on February 14, 2018 4:03AM
    Remember: there's no such thing as the Universal Standard of Descriptional Qualifications and Metrics.

The Wisdom of M'aiq the Liar:
    • You wish to become a lich? It's very easy, my friend. Simply find the heart of a lich, combine it with the tongue of a dragon, and cook it with the flesh of a well-ridden horse. This combination is certain to make you undead.
    • M'aiq prefers to adventure alone. Others just get in the way. And they talk, talk, talk.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Did at any point ZOS claim that the Housing Chests would act exactly like another personal Bank? Sounds like everyone is getting angry over making a mass misunderstanding of how things worked.

Did you even read the description of the bug? Because your response makes absolutely no sense at all ...
    confused24.gif

Yeah, deleting a character delete's whatever items that character placed into a housing storage chest. So let me refer you to my original post in this thread;
    Sounds like the Chests just act like an extension of your character's inventory, which the game states in the character deletion screen, all items in this character's inventory will be permanently lost.

So in the meantime just try treating chests this way and if you're gonna delete a character, just place everything you want saved into the actual bank instead.

Long story short. Chests act like Inventory, not Banks. Treat them as such.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They were described as extra storage. Not an increase in character bag space that could be accessed by all your characters.
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

confused24.gif

Yeah, deleting a character delete's whatever items that character placed into a housing storage chest. So let me refer you to my original post in this thread;
    Sounds like the Chests just act like an extension of your character's inventory, which the game states in the character deletion screen, all items in this character's inventory will be permanently lost.

So in the meantime just try treating chests this way and if you're gonna delete a character, just place everything you want saved into the actual bank instead.

You're not even reading the first post. Items were deleted that the deleted character never even touched; somehow the game is assigning them to that character in a non-obvious way.
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, well after seeing this thread I am skipping buying the storage chests for a while.
    Can someone please tell me how much writ vouchers it costs to buy these chests. I play on PS4
  • Aesthier
    Aesthier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This needs to be stickied!
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    We need to keep this thread going until someone from ZOS let's us know they are working on resolving this problem. Surely they've seen this thread and yet have not once acknowledged that they're even looking into it.

Agree. It bothers me there’s been no response since PTS on this issue but things like the guy who was complaining in another thread yesterday about “missing” two out of three crown crates for getting his three characters to level 20 got an almost instant reply. (Spoiler: they weren’t missing, he didn’t know he only gets one for the first character.)

In the meantime there’s all kinds of misinformation being spread in the game about chests being so broken that no one should buy them at all. I went on a shopping spree last night and made the mistake of looking at zone chats. What a mess.
    Edited by Slurg on February 14, 2018 12:06PM
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    While I understand that marketing and release dates cost money, do not release a broken product. EVER.
  • Ermiq
    Ermiq
    ✭✭✭✭✭

confused24.gif

@ArchMikem
    It's not that only this character's items going to be deleted, but all (every, no matter which character placed them in a chest) items going to be deleted.
    You don't even touch a chest, you just go in a house and then all items with "bound" flag will be deleted when you delete this character.
    You can put items from your mains and alts in a chest, then login with new character, enter a house and here all those items in a chest will be assigned to this character. If you then delete this character, every single item with "bound" flag in a chest will be deleted.

One more thing. Chests are acting like a bank. BankManager addon autmatically deposits items in my bank when I open a bank. And it does the same when I open a chest. Items not going to this chest, I checked, items are going to my bank when I open a chest.
    One of the two of us definitely has gone mad. It only remains to define whether this one is the whole world or just me.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Sick&tired of being kicked off from your house when you complete a dungeon? ComingBackHome addon is what you need!
    Me is russian little bad in english :b
  • Lark82
    Lark82
    ✭✭✭
    Stinkyremy wrote: »
    OK, well after seeing this thread I am skipping buying the storage chests for a while.
    Can someone please tell me how much writ vouchers it costs to buy these chests. I play on PS4

The big ones cost 200 vouchers, the small ones 100
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is even more funny is how this update actually pushes ppl to do exactly what will cause the bug. Zos did introduce a new lvlup adviser with rewards you only get if you lvl up a new char. Quite a lot of players are already max char and do not really want to buy another one. They will simply go to one of their bank chars, put all the gear they have in the new coffers and delete them. I was about to do the same if i did not deeply distrust zos with new features and had not already read it on the pts forums.

The first think i did was warn other guild mates but why the hell is there no official warning from zos?
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    To find out that it is bugged either other players have to tell you that or you see by any chance the inofficial forum post about it.

Btw it would also be nice if we can fix the invisible group member bug and the lightning staff bugs
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS did comment on the german official forums:
    Warum sind die Gegenstände die an dem Lagerbehältnis gebunden sind verschwunden?

Uns ist ein Problem bekannt, bei dem die Gegenstände die an dem Lagerbehältnis gebunden sind, verschwinden wenn ein Charakter gelöscht wird. Wir arbeiten daran, dies in einem zukünftigen Update zu lösen. Melden Sie sich in der Zwischenzeit mit einem anderen Charakter an und öffnen Sie diesen Lagerbehälter, bevor Sie den Charakter mit den gebundenen Gegenständen löschen, um zu verhindern, dass Ihre Gegenstände verloren gehen.
    https://hilfe.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/41095/

Melden im Spiel oder hier: https://hilfe.elderscrollsonline.com/app/incident

Translate(Google Translate): " Why are the items bound to the storage bin missing?
    We are aware of a problem in which the items bound to the storage bin disappear when a character is deleted. We are working to resolve this in a future update. In the meantime, log in with a different character and open this storage bin before deleting the bound item character to prevent your items from being lost."
    Edited by Universe on February 14, 2018 4:20PM
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huh, Wonder why ZOS has not commented on this thread? Guess they can't talk their way out of this one or many of the other issues and bugs with the new DLC and update. Many of which were already known during PTS testing and still went live.

ZOS you are ruining your game might think its not important now but it will bite you in the end.
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lord wrote: »
    ZOS did comment on the german official forums:
    Warum sind die Gegenstände die an dem Lagerbehältnis gebunden sind verschwunden?

Uns ist ein Problem bekannt, bei dem die Gegenstände die an dem Lagerbehältnis gebunden sind, verschwinden wenn ein Charakter gelöscht wird. Wir arbeiten daran, dies in einem zukünftigen Update zu lösen. Melden Sie sich in der Zwischenzeit mit einem anderen Charakter an und öffnen Sie diesen Lagerbehälter, bevor Sie den Charakter mit den gebundenen Gegenständen löschen, um zu verhindern, dass Ihre Gegenstände verloren gehen.
    https://hilfe.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/41095/

Melden im Spiel oder hier: https://hilfe.elderscrollsonline.com/app/incident

Translate(Google Translate): " Why are the items bound to the storage bin missing?
    We are aware of a problem in which the items bound to the storage bin disappear when a character is deleted. We are working to resolve this in a future update. In the meantime, log in with a different character and open this storage bin before deleting the bound item character to prevent your items from being lost."
    I guess I should’ve learned to read german, then!
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, deleting a character delete's whatever items that character placed into a housing storage chest.

So clearly you didn't read the actual bug description. Complete fail ...
    headbang.gif
  • preedb16_ESO2
    preedb16_ESO2
    ✭✭✭
    Support attempted to help me restore my lost items by restoring the original character I deleted, however it didn't work(possibly because I deleted the characer like two more times after changing my mind about what class I wanted to level up) and the last I heard was about 24h ago in an email where they just said that another "advanced team" would take over and contact me.. The first round of support correspondance was rather promptly replied by the support however, but I have a feeling they had a smaller pile of support requests to handle at that time..

Dont even wanna play the game because I have a feeling they might rollback my account and I dont wanna waste my time on doing *** now thats gonna be lost if thats the case.. On the other hand I only lost 7 items and only really care about 2 of them, so I wouldnt mind if they just went ahead and gave those back to me instead of a rollback, but I guess I wont know until they figure out how to fix my ***.. :/
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Go be an ass somewhere else. These chest were advertised as ACCOUNT WIDE storage. If they weren't, then every character would have different items in each one.

You really think it could ever be intentional to delete vMA weapons? Gold jewels? BiS gear from trials? Much less items that some mule never directly interacted with before being deleted?
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stinkyremy wrote: »
    200 writs for the 60 item chests and 100 for the small 30 item coffers, thing its 2K crowns or 200K telvar for the large and half for the small.
    And its no danger unless you plan to delete any characters.

However its an way more critical error than the IC xp exploit.
    The least ZoS could do would be to add an warning to character delete or in worst case disable character delete.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Alaztor91
    Alaztor91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can support even restore lost items? I requested a character restore months ago, which ended up being a low lvl toon because I had used the same name that the older character(50+) had, so what would happen if for example someone lost a bunch of bound items because of this bug, but then recreated the deleted character a few more times using the same name?

If the items lost because of this bug are actually recovered because they somehow end up in some kind of hidden pseudo inventory of the deleted character, what happens if for example after deleting ''character A'' which was the cause of the lost items I go and recreate him a few more times using the same name?
    Edited by Alaztor91 on February 14, 2018 9:48PM
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I had a friendwho had this happen too, but they didn't delete any characters.

How will all these disappearing items be dealt with? @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom ?
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jhalin wrote: »

Go be an ass somewhere else. These chest were advertised as ACCOUNT WIDE storage. If they weren't, then every character would have different items in each one.

You really think it could ever be intentional to delete vMA weapons? Gold jewels? BiS gear from trials? Much less items that some mule never directly interacted with before being deleted?
    Pretty much this, One guy got response as in that is missing :(, might want to delete an alt I don't care much about, claim I lost lots of vMA and perfect asylum weapons, gold IA, VO, moondancer and automation jewelry, just minor stuff.
    No I have not done vMA or vet trials but see no reason not to exploit infinite incompetence.
    Had they been an pug group they would not get past first trash in wayrest 1.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really sad that there has been no official response on this. Even the bar swap issue got noticed.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Guys?
    PC-NA Goat
  • Erraln
    Erraln
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    So I had a friendwho had this happen too, but they didn't delete any characters.

How will all these disappearing items be dealt with? @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom ?

Do you think you could get them to describe precisely what happened? If no alts were removed that would be a failure mode we don't know about yet.
  • Alaztor91
    Alaztor91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erraln wrote: »
    Tasear wrote: »

Do you think you could get them to describe precisely what happened? If no alts were removed that would be a failure mode we don't know about yet.

Yes please, I stored some items on the chest since apparently not deleting characters keeps them 100% safe, but if people are losing items without even deleting characters this need an urgent hotfix lol.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread is sinking down a few pages from the front. I'd better rectify that.
    *Whistles*
  • Phyllya
    Phyllya
    ✭✭✭
    Oh please @ZOS_GinaBruno , roll back everything if you must, i dont care about achievements or experience, but those 120 items on the chests, must be a way for you to check them and get them back.
    Unfortunatly i dont have time to check forums for game bugs all the time, unless i get paid, i just want to play the game, i got ESO Plus and was excited to check the New things in game..
    Nothing prevented me of buying or warned to do not buy the new DLC content at the time, and now.. everything disappeared..
    Member of Fullmoon - Lunar Lattice - Prog. Raid
    Founder of Dark Scroll PT/ENG ESO Community
    Former Manager at ESO-PT Community ''IL'' 2014-2020
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phage wrote: »
    Really sad that there has been no official response on this. Even the bar swap issue got noticed.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Guys?

Sure they are going to remain silent. What is there to say. This issue was reported to them during PTS testing and they still went live without fixing it knowing full well the consequences. Never have I seen such pathetic game support and QA.

Just like the massive load screen problem with the new update. They are aware of the problem and will fix it next patch. Why not a hotfix now. Incompetence at its finest. This might be considered bashing but if the shoe fits you wear it. And this shoe fits ZOS.

• Messy1
    Messy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a fix . . . are there any other problems? Please just warn us now, either tell us to wait to use housing storage or give us the okay. DO NOT leave us in LIMBO!
This discussion has been closed.