The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Extremely dangerous housing storage bug still exists! Don't delete your characters!

• Ermiq
    Ermiq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    I wonder what would happen if the character you delete had never deposited any items in the chest??
    @ADarklore
    1. Deposited 1 bound crafter's survey in the chest, logged out.
    2. Created new character, logged in, teleported to the house, logged out.
    3. Deleted this new character. - Item's lost.

So, even if you didn't touch the chest, bound items in the chest will be lost anyway.

Sadly, I've got a chaacter deletion cooldown, so I can't try out one more scenario. I was going to test the following:
    1. Deposit bound item, log out.
    2. Create new character, log in, log out.
    3. Delete this new character.
    Maybe someone else could do this?
    Edited by Ermiq on February 13, 2018 6:59AM
    One of the two of us definitely has gone mad. It only remains to define whether this one is the whole world or just me.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Sick&tired of being kicked off from your house when you complete a dungeon? ComingBackHome addon is what you need!
    Me is russian little bad in english :b
    Options
  • Ermiq
    Ermiq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Test 1: Create test character, immediately log out and delete: Chest Intact.
    Test 2: Select previously existing test character, deposit item, leave house, log out and delete: Chest Intact
    Test 3: Create test character, immediately port to house, log out and delete: Chest Intact.

It's possible this has been fixed in the current PTS build. Or there may be another factor.

Bait items were three green recipes, a sip of health, and three furnishing items (two purple, one green).

All testing was done with storage chests, not storage coffers, that was an oversight.
    @starkerealm
    Only bound items going to be lost. Recipes, potions and furnishings (unless they're from Crown Store) are not bound. That's why these items wasn't lost.
    One of the two of us definitely has gone mad. It only remains to define whether this one is the whole world or just me.

Sick&tired of being kicked off from your house when you complete a dungeon? ComingBackHome addon is what you need!
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eremith wrote: »
    Test 2: Select previously existing test character, deposit item, leave house, log out and delete: Chest Intact
    Test 3: Create test character, immediately port to house, log out and delete: Chest Intact.

It's possible this has been fixed in the current PTS build. Or there may be another factor.

Bait items were three green recipes, a sip of health, and three furnishing items (two purple, one green).

All testing was done with storage chests, not storage coffers, that was an oversight.
    @starkerealm
    Only bound items going to be lost. Recipes, potions and furnishings (unless they're from Crown Store) are not bound. That's why these items wasn't lost.

Okay, I'll take another look at it in the morning.
    Options
  • iannotinbjing
    iannotinbjing
    ✭✭✭
    I too wish I'd seen this thread a little sooner. Just bought a 30 and a 60 capacity chest, summoned the mule who's been holding all the sets I use for levelling new characters - blue and purple julianos, magnus, hunting, nightmother, plus various level blue and purple jewellery, deposited it all in the chests, deleted mule in order to role a new character. All gone.
    Options
  • Ermiq
    Ermiq
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It only deletes Bound items, so not recipes etc that can be traded...
    I lost, among other things, a 5000 crown store motif book....!

Holy [snip]
    I wonder how many of those who don't come here on the forums lost their CrownStore stuff. Motifs, furnishings, consumbles, exp. scrolls... Man, ZOS really forked up with this update.
    I hope they'll return it to you, and to all people who lost their valuable items.

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 15, 2023 6:56PM

Options
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    I thought that got fixed on the PTS. Or was it a similar bug and this is a new one?
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

Options
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The housing storage chests should of never went live until this problem was fixed. Whats even worse, ZOS knew about the problem and still included the chests. Then strike three, they are waiting to fix the problem instead of doing it ASAP.

Every update or new DLC the same old [snip]

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 15, 2023 6:56PM
    Options
  • Ermiq
    Ermiq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    I thought that got fixed on the PTS. Or was it a similar bug and this is a new one?

No, it's clearly the same as this one: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/388883/pts-update-17-bug-reports-for-home-storage#latest
    They didn't fix it. Just like they didn't fix bar swap delays and other issues.

Options
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Alcast wrote: »

No, it's clearly the same as this one: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/388883/pts-update-17-bug-reports-for-home-storage#latest
    They didn't fix it. Just like they didn't fix bar swap delays and other issues.

Sometimes it feels like they take pts week 1 patch instead of the last final one lol. I mean how else can stuff like this happen? I have no experience in coding etc tho, if someone could explain.
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

Options
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They could have delayed releasing the storage chests for another week or two, but instead decided to push the patch out as-is.
    Maybe a developer THOUGHT he'd fixed the bug, and is fretting about it right now, now that he's figured out that it wasn't fixed after all.

Edited by SydneyGrey on February 13, 2018 8:03AM
    Options
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    People who bought storage chests with Crowns should get refund.
    Options
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has got to be the worst new update and DLC ever. Packed full of bugs, load screen issues, sound issues and a ZOS created exploit that has players being banned. What makes it worse is ZOS was aware of many of the issues from the PTS and still went live anyways. This storage chest problem being one of them.

Glad I read this was going to transfer all my Mule characters storage gear to the new chests. Will wait now.
    Options
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I just can not understand, how ZOS manages to introduce new major bugs like these with every patch, seriously WTH???

Options
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    I just can not understand, how ZOS manages to introduce new major bugs like these with every patch, seriously WTH???
    That's just how game coding is. Every time they add something new to the game, it'll create new, weird bugs in unexpected ways. It's the nature of the beast. That's how it is with all video games, although some companies are better at dealing with it than others.
    Options
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm both perturbed and disappointed. I had a feeling there'd be an issue with the new storage. I've been playing since October last year and am already too aware that ESO is a prone to being a bug-fest. Seriously, I'm beginning to miss the polish and higher standards of other mmos I've played.

What is the point in having a PTS if testers feedback is ignored? ZoS, seriously, I love the game but don't force me to go elsewhere. It's not cool to devote so much time and money into a game that feels like it's in a buggy beta state.
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
    Options
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This wouldn't be so painful if your stinginess didn't force people to delete levelled characters just so they can enjoy new content and features deployed with this update, ZOS. Next time you're thinking of forcing people into spending real money on a character slot, maybe add it for free, mhm?
    Edited by Saturnana on February 13, 2018 3:28PM
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
    Options
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Shout out to our pc beta testers. Thanks for “enjoying” a broken product so us console players do not have to.
    Options
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shout out to our pc beta testers. Thanks for “enjoying” a broken product so us console players do not have to.

Oh how sweet you think they will fix something before they will release the update.
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
    Options
  • IwakuraLain42
    IwakuraLain42
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zer0oo wrote: »

Oh how sweet you think they will fix something before they will release the update.

Right, because we will get exactly what was in the PC release patch (as the code is already in certification with Sony/MS). Maybe if we are lucky they will sneak in a ninja fix but you can count on the fact that they will not tell us in the patch notes (they promised a few times to do so but never did).

Sorry, but ZOS release management is a broken mess ....
    Options
  • Snowfaeriewings
    Snowfaeriewings
    ✭✭✭

My items lost were all pieces of bound gear sets
    Options
  • SisterGoat
    SisterGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys, do your best to spread this information around on your Discord servers and guilds. Most players don't read the forums.
    Jumps-In-Water - Magicka Templar
    Dar'akar - Stamina Nightblade
    Jumps-In-Lava - Magicka Dragon Knight
    PC/NA
    Options
  • Waseem
    Waseem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    why they waste money on PTS when they dont fix such gamebreaking bugs there
    PC EU

Options
  • SilentRaven1972
    SilentRaven1972
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good thing I know this before ever even getting a storage chest. I had a character being used as a mule I was going to stash the saved/bound gear in one then delete. Now I'll have to store it on someone else before deleting or buying any storage. Hopefully no bugs occur.
    "Such is the nature of evil. Out there in the vast ignorance of the world, it festers and spreads. A shadow that grows in the dark. A sleepless malice as black as the oncoming wall of night. So it ever was, so will it always be. In time all foul things come forth." -Thranduil
    Options
  • Ermiq
    Ermiq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny thing. BankManagerRevived addon deposits items in my bank when I open a housing chest. For those who don't know what it means, this addon can deposit specific items automaticaly, and it does this through a housing chests, so, chests are working as a bank extention actually. But why this bug is exists then?

Options
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    all clear > no money ever for a chest!
    only way to be on the safe side!
    Options
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So if we don't delete anyone (or clear chests before doing so) we are safe?
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
    Options
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe it's an intentional feauture, like deleted character stole all your goods from the chest in order to pay his trip to the Hew's Bane... That is just a non-Crown role-play we constantly asking about, right? Seriously, devs, just listen people here, on the forum. This update is the most scandalous one I remember.
    2e4dd6a9787ba9a2b2a7b21861a2aa54a51a9c905e39d179e45e7f83abd08514.jpg
    EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Options
  • Ermiq
    Ermiq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tavore1138 wrote: »
    So if we don't delete anyone (or clear chests before doing so) we are safe?

Yep.

Options
  • preedb16_ESO2
    preedb16_ESO2
    ✭✭✭
    Funny thing. BankManagerRevived addon deposits items in my bank when I open a housing chest. For those who don't know what it means, this addon can deposit specific items automaticaly, and it does this through a housing chests, so, chests are working as a bank extention actually. But why this bug is exists then?

Really LOL? Did you check inside the storage box that the items didnt just go into that, because the addon THINKS its depositing it into your bank? Or does it actually transfer into the bank and not the box?
    Why the bug exists? Only the marvelous minds of the zenimax developer that programmed the boxes could answer that.. :D
    Options
  • preedb16_ESO2
    preedb16_ESO2
    ✭✭✭

Holy [snip]
    I wonder how many of those who don't come here on the forums lost their CrownStore stuff. Motifs, furnishings, consumbles, exp. scrolls... Man, ZOS really forked up with this update.
    I hope they'll return it to you, and to all people who lost their valuable items.

I filed a support ticket through the ingame interface, however the "Lost item" support directs you to right click on the item you lost in your inventory and chose "Get help" from the menu... Yes, it really tells you to go to your inventory and click on an item that you LOST, thus isn't there anymore..
    Maybe they mean for us to contact support for items BEFORE they go missing? Is that their way of telling us we're screwed, because if the item goes missing, you must have done it yourself on purpose, since you filed a support ticket for it before it actually vanished? :D

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 15, 2023 6:58PM
    Options
This discussion has been closed.