The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Extremely dangerous housing storage bug still exists! Don't delete your characters!

Ermiq
Ermiq
✭✭✭✭✭
Well, I'm quite confused, ZOS. You let this issue go on live servers, and you didn't even aware people about it.

1. I've got a housing storage chest, placed it in my house, deposited 1 bound item (crafter's survey scroll).
2. Logged out.
3. Logged in on my 3 lvl character, teleported to that house and deposited 1 bound armour piece in the storage chest.
4. Logged out.
5. Deleted this 3 lvl character.
6. Logged in on my previous character (who deposited crafter's survey), opened the storage chest and... It's empty! Completely empty!

Because the game deletes all bound items from these chests when you delete a character!!! It deletes not just this character's items, but all bound items in the chest.

Moreover:

1. Deposited 1 bound crafter's survey in the chest, logged out.
2. Created new character, logged in, teleported to the house, logged out.
3. Deleted this new character. - Item's lost.

So, even if you didn't touch the chest, bound items in the chest will be lost anyway.

Be careful, guys.
Edited by Ermiq on February 15, 2018 4:01AM
One of the two of us definitely has gone mad. It only remains to define whether this one is the whole world or just me.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Sick&tired of being kicked off from your house when you complete a dungeon? ComingBackHome addon is what you need!
Me is russian little bad in english :b
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the heads up glad I spent my MW's on patterns instead
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh my, thanks for the heads up!
  • Danny_UK
    Danny_UK
    ✭✭✭
    Give it 6 months for the updates to take effect.
  • krachall
    krachall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting. I wonder why account-bound items are getting flagged to a specific character?

Would placing those items in the bank, withdrawing them with a character you don’t intend to delete, and then placing them in a chest “bind” them to the permanent character?

If so, that would be an easy workaround.
  • TheZirex
    TheZirex
    ✭✭✭
    krachall wrote: »
    Interesting. I wonder why account-bound items are getting flagged to a specific character?

Would placing those items in the bank, withdrawing them with a character you don’t intend to delete, and then placing them in a chest “bind” them to the permanent character?

I think it has something to do with the last toon that used the chest, not sure though
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    krachall wrote: »

Easier workaround would just be to withdraw all items from the chest onto a different character prior to deleting your extra character. One fewer step, and less risky.
    Edited by OrdoHermetica on February 12, 2018 11:26PM
  • ol_BANK_lo
    ol_BANK_lo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eremith wrote: »
    Well, I'm quite confused, ZOS. You let thing issue go on live servers and didn't aware people about it.

1. I've got a housing storage chest, placed it in my house, deposited 1 bounded item (crafter's survey scroll).
    2. Logged out.
    3. Logged in on my 3 lvl character, teleported to that house and deposited 1 bounded armour piece in the storage chest.
    4. Logged out.
    5. Deleted this 3 lvl character.
    6. Logged in on my previous character (who deposited crafter's survey), opened the storage chest and... It's empty! Completely empty!

Because the game deletes all bounded items from these chests when you delete a character!!! It deletes not just this character's items, but all bounded items in the chest.

So, be carefull, guys.

This is just stupid. ZOS manages to one up itself each patch.
  • Malnutrition
    Malnutrition
    ✭✭✭
    LOL@ZOS

How the heck does something like that even go live with zero warning to the player-base?
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People noticed that on the test server and told ZOS.
    Apparently it wasn't fixed.

• Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here we go again

That’s very bad quality for every release :/

Thanks for the heads up
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    People noticed that on the test server and told ZOS.
    Apparently it wasn't fixed.

Agreed they pushed it way to fast imo
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno sorry for the summons but are the team aware of this still being a problem from PTS?
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Erraln
    Erraln
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno sorry for the summons but are the team aware of this still being a problem from PTS?

They know, fix inbound next week. Search the Zos comment log.
    Sucks that this made it to live. I'm not using any of these boxes until the kinks are worked out.
    Edited by Erraln on February 13, 2018 12:15AM
  • Alaztor91
    Alaztor91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, this actually went live, imo this is way more serious than the coldharbour house costing 1 crown or the exp exploit, people could potentially lose valuable bound items here that you can't just buy back at a guild trader.

And now with the rewards associated to leveling up some players will probably make another toon just to reap those rewards and then delete it, and that's where this specific bug could come into play.
  • Snowfaeriewings
    Snowfaeriewings
    ✭✭✭
    I wish i had seen this a half a freakin hour ago. But I shouldn't HAVE to read the forums to make sure my crap isn't going to magically disappear!!
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like the Chests just act like an extension of your character's inventory, which the game states in the character deletion screen, all items in this character's inventory will be permanently lost.

So in the meantime just try treating chests this way and if you're gonna delete a character, just place everything you want saved into the actual bank instead.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had no idea and now i lost well over 60 items some were gold.
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow this made it into live? These people get paid (our) real money, too.
    PC-NA
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Is it just me, or is this patch particularly buggy? I’ve seen all kinds of issues posted today on the forums, and my own experiences today have been fraught with crashes, lag, frozen screens (particularly on banks and merchants) and more than the usual number of problems with add-ons. But at least I haven’t lost any gear—my sympathies, OP!
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it just me, or is this patch particularly buggy? I’ve seen all kinds of issues posted today on the forums, and my own experiences today have been fraught with crashes, lag, frozen screens (particularly on banks and merchants) and more than the usual number of problems with add-ons. But at least I haven’t lost any gear—my sympathies, OP!

Seems to be all the time

[snip]
    [edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 15, 2023 6:55PM
  • Snowfaeriewings
    Snowfaeriewings
    ✭✭✭
    I lost 90-100 pieces of gear... And support wants me to list whats missing?! I dunno what she had.. a bunch of trials sets and stuff waiting for alts to level! SIGH
  • SisterGoat
    SisterGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This should be fixed asap! There's tons of people who don't read the forums to avoid it.
    Jumps-In-Water - Magicka Templar
    Dar'akar - Stamina Nightblade
    Jumps-In-Lava - Magicka Dragon Knight
    PC/NA
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder what would happen if the character you delete had never deposited any items in the chest??
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was a known issue all day. I've seen multiple sources confirming this issue still exists even after the emergency maintenance today.

@ZOS_GinaBruno Are you guys working on a fix for this? Seems pretty important.
    PC-NA Goat
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    I wonder what would happen if the character you delete had never deposited any items in the chest??

The chests get nuked anyway? I can try it out on the PTS if you really want to know.
    Edited by starkerealm on February 13, 2018 6:03AM
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The chests get nuked anyway? I can try it out on the PTS if you really want to know.

I am curious... seems most of the problems I've seen involve the character being deleted had added something to the chest, so makes me wonder what would happen if that specific character had never touched the chest.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am curious... seems most of the problems I've seen involve the character being deleted had added something to the chest, so makes me wonder what would happen if that specific character had never touched the chest.
    Conflicting messages, this should be tested on pts, if you need to delete an character pull everything from chests first to be sure.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Test 1: Create test character, immediately log out and delete: Chest Intact.
    Test 2: Select previously existing test character, deposit item, leave house, log out and delete: Chest Intact
    Test 3: Create test character, immediately port to house, log out and delete: Chest Intact.

It's possible this has been fixed in the current PTS build. Or there may be another factor.

Bait items were three green recipes, a sip of health, and three furnishing items (two purple, one green).

All testing was done with storage chests, not storage coffers, that was an oversight.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »

Conflicting messages, this should be tested on pts, if you need to delete an character pull everything from chests first to be sure.

It appears to be fixed on the PTS, but, like I said, I don't know if the PTS has a fix for this bug already in place, or if there are other factors I'm unaware of.
  • preedb16_ESO2
    preedb16_ESO2
    ✭✭✭
    Test 1: Create test character, immediately log out and delete: Chest Intact.
    Test 2: Select previously existing test character, deposit item, leave house, log out and delete: Chest Intact
    Test 3: Create test character, immediately port to house, log out and delete: Chest Intact.

It's possible this has been fixed in the current PTS build. Or there may be another factor.

Bait items were three green recipes, a sip of health, and three furnishing items (two purple, one green).

All testing was done with storage chests, not storage coffers, that was an oversight.

It only deletes Bound items, so not recipes etc that can be traded...
    I lost, among other things, a 5000 crown store motif book....!
This discussion has been closed.