The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.3 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Fix Templar

• Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    diplomatt wrote: »
    Wondered that u asking to fix it only in buff way.
    How about to ask rework Purify work to make dot builds in eso working at least viable? Rework total dark *** also? Purifying light\Power of the light...?
    Do u like how it works now and on pts? From all sides not only as templar fan.

@ZOS_Wrobel , @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Templar's mechanics broken in general. Sweeps in unworkable way, Extended ritual, Total dark, Power of the light (both morfs) in disbalancing other classes way. Templars need rework almost same hard as wardens. And cost poisons need to be adjusted. Its e hell *** for everyone except zergers of all kinds and templars.

How is purge, total dark and potl unbalanced for other classes?

just run a little bit vs templar on manadk (dk hard rely on dots, u can't deal enouch damage and heal without dot pressure there) or try dot on another class, u will know what's the problem with extended ritual without words.
    About total dar - just look fot its heal from no matter what direct damage - everything clear.
    potl - hardest burst ability to counter maybe in entire eso.
    Every newby can run successfully templar, because of these 3 things. And don't feel cost poisons and defile disbalanced things at all...
    Edited by Anethum on February 3, 2018 3:17PM
    @Anethum from .ua
    Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wondered that u asking to fix it only in buff way.
    How about to ask rework Purify work to make dot builds in eso working at least viable? Rework total dark *** also? Purifying light\Power of the light...?
    Do u like how it works now and on pts? From all sides not only as templar fan.

@ZOS_Wrobel , @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Templar's mechanics broken in general. Sweeps in unworkable way, Extended ritual, Total dark, Power of the light (both morfs) in disbalancing other classes way. Templars need rework almost same hard as wardens. And cost poisons need to be adjusted. Its e hell *** for everyone except zergers of all kinds and templars.

Oh, look. Another PvP complainer who won't be satisfied until Templars are AP pinatas.

It's not enough that templars have no competitive means of preventing damage to them (unlike other classes: DK wings, Wardens Shimmering Shield, Sorcerers Hardened Ward & Bolt of Lighting, NB Cloak & Mirage) and zero mobility. No, now they want to take away the Templars' ability to react to the damage they do take by nerfing Purify. Not enough that Templar DPS skills are easy to avoid Channels. Just got to take away only burst mechanic the class has.

You're so lazy, you don't even want to bother CC breaking. Total Dark is a terrible skill Vs. anyone who knows what they are doing. All you have to do is CC break it. Gee, sorry we hit you with a skill that does not impede your movement, position, speed, or ability to control your character in any way while you are doing your super duper killer DPS combo that my class does not have access to. How game-breaking it is that you have the choice to take a single global cooldown to CC break and resume your killer combo. I mean if I had a real CC like Fear, Fossilize, or Rune Prison, you'd have no choice, your combo would have been interrupted, you would have had to CC break, you could not stop it by holding block.

Go ahead and tag @Wrobel and @ZOS_JessicaFolsom . Tag @ZOS_GinaBruno too. Let them see for themselves how most of the PvP whining about other classes are nothing but L2P issues and ironically from people asking to see the issues from "all sides."
    Edited by Joy_Division on February 3, 2018 3:24PM
    Options
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭

Oh, look. Another PvP complainer who won't be satisfied until Templars are AP pinatas.

It's not enough that templars have no competitive means of preventing damage to them (unlike other classes: DK wings, Wardens Shimmering Shield, Sorcerers Hardened Ward & Bolt of Lighting, NB Cloak & Mirage) and zero mobility. No, now they want to take away the Templars' ability to react to the damage they do take by nerfing Purify. Not enough that Templar DPS skills are easy to avoid Channels. Just got to take away only burst mechanic the class has.

You're so lazy, you don't even want to bother CC breaking. Total Dark is a terrible skill Vs. anyone who knows what they are doing. All you have to do is CC break it. Gee, sorry we hit you with a skill that does not impede your movement, position, speed, or ability to control your character in any way while you are doing your super duper killer DPS combo that my class does not have access to. How game-breaking it is that you have the choice to take a single global cooldown to CC break and resume your killer combo. I mean if I had a real CC like Fear, Fossilize, or Rune Prison, you'd have no choice, your combo would have been interrupted, you would have had to CC break, you could not stop it by holding block.

Go ahead and tag @Wrobel and @ZOS_JessicaFolsom . Tag @ZOS_GinaBruno too. Let them see for themselves how most of the PvP whining about other classes are nothing but L2P issues and ironically from people asking to see the issues from "all sides."

Do u ever tryed to breakfree total dark reliably?;)
    "my class"... go out of your box and play different classes, u will be wondered that not only templars, or nb, seocs, dks, wardens are "your" class. fill your words with a sense man..
    I play both pvp and pve all classes except stamina sorc.
    And write this from very different own and also other's experience. Without stucking in 1 build for all times, but changed them, tryed new ones, tested. I know what I'm talking about.
    Not as "I play only manatemplar because hate major expedition and all others are fools" or "I was born as sorcerer and will die as manasorc!".
    I don't want to direct nerf anything, I want adjustments for them, to make fights more interesting and competitive for everyone.

P.s: In this patch more than half of time I played as stamina templar in pvp;) and ~10% as manatemplar (turtle mobility frustrating ***).
    Edited by Anethum on February 3, 2018 3:51PM
    @Anethum from .ua
    Options
  • Prizax
    Prizax
    ✭✭✭
    Well while we are on it... can DEVS take a look at Focused Charge? or can you guys tell us if its working as intended?
    n3z0gbp9aic4.png

Also I would like to point out that the "Balanced Warrior" passive should also give "Spell Damage"... (it would be nice if possible and it doesn't break anything, if you know what a mean) :)
    glasejcr9idj.png
    Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"my class"... go out of your box and play different classes, u will be wondered that not only templars, or nb, seocs, dks, wardens are "your" class. fill your words with a sense man..
    And write this from very different own and also other's experience. Without stucking in 1 build for all times, but changed them, tryed new ones, tested. I know what I'm talking about.
    Not as "I play only manatemplar because hate major expedition and all others are fools" or "I was born as sorcerer and will die as manasorc!".
    I don't want to direct nerf anything, I want adjustments for them, to make fights more interesting and competitive for everyone.

P.s: In this patch more than half of time I played as stamina templar in pvp;) and ~10% as manatemplar (turtle mobility frustrating ***).

Yes.

I hit mouse button up and no more Eclipse ... and thankfully, no more "soft" CC aftereffect like Fear (slow ugg, maim) or Fossilize (root). If you want to make a case that somehow Eclipse is superior to Fear or Fossilize from "all sides", I am bustling with anticipation.

I have a 5 star Grand Overlord on my Sorcerer. So, you're not right about me being a Magplar apologist.

You want nerfs. You can call them "adjustments" all you want, but you're tagging ZoS devs because you think these skills are too strong.

What you and every other PvP complainer fails to understand is that for this game to work, to be fun, to be interesting, every class needs strong skills (which compliment the flaws and weaknesses in a class). But even when a skill does NOTHING to you except give the option to CC break, you are already on the nerf train.

Yes, turtle mobility is frustrating. That's why templars need the skills you think are OP otherwise the class is crap.
    Edited by Joy_Division on February 3, 2018 4:20PM
    Options
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prizax wrote: »
    Also I would like to point out that the "Balanced Warrior" passive should also give "Spell Damage"... (it would be nice if possible and it doesn't break anything, if you know what a mean) :)
    glasejcr9idj.png

I think the ENTIRE reason this is 'balanced warrior' is to give something to STAMINA Templars... since the majority of class skills are Magicka in nature, and for the Magicka warrior in this passive, they offered Spell Resistance.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
    Options
  • Prizax
    Prizax
    ✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    glasejcr9idj.png

I think the ENTIRE reason this is 'balanced warrior' is to give something to STAMINA Templars... since the majority of class skills are Magicka in nature, and for the Magicka warrior in this passive, they offered Spell Resistance.

Yes I mean it should go both ways like "Increases your Weapon Damage or Spell Damage by 6%" (depending on which one you have higher).
    Options
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭

Templars are hard to kill when they are spamming heals and DEF skills, but sorcs are hard to kill when they are spamming shield and streak, Dks and blockcasting 100% of time... all classes are hard to kill when in a defensive mode, the problem with templars is the low dmg cuz all main offensives skills are bugged since nirn was created.
    PS
    No offensive ult
    Options
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    Radiant
    Focused charge
    Sweeps
    ^^^^Not working

And the combo fossilize+meteor>>>>>>total dark
    Options
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey, don’t knock a Total Dark. I use it extensively in pvp. Sure, you can cc break it. But when used, even against “competent players”, it still messes up their combo. It also healed you for a ton. So now you are near full health and can go on the offensive while their health is down some. Or they have to cc break which still puts a hiccup in what they were trying to do. Remember that you can still stun them with Toppling Charge while it’s on them.
    Options
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    glasejcr9idj.png

Yes I mean it should go both ways like "Increases your Weapon Damage or Spell Damage by 6%" (depending on which one you have higher).

Oh yes, and imagine the outcry and calls for even more nerfs if every Magicka Templar damage skill received a 6% buff.
    Edited by ADarklore on February 3, 2018 10:40PM
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
    Options
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joy is like "sit the *$@+ down, son"
    Options
  • NoFlash
    NoFlash
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you to everyone adding insightful data! ZOS, please make magicka templar DPS viable for PvE and PvP.
    Edited by NoFlash on February 4, 2018 8:31AM
    Daggerfall Covenant

The Ninja Squirrels
    Options
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    glasejcr9idj.png

Oh yes, and imagine the outcry and calls for even more nerfs if every Magicka Templar damage skill received a 6% buff.

crap, it's a 6% boost do SPELLDMG, not overall damage...
    people really should fill out a test about basic game mechanics before commenting in such threads.
    Noobplar
    Options
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, tbh my stamplar likes the extra spellresistance and is pretty jelly of the varity of class skills magiplars may use.

Can't we agree on 6% weapon and spell damage and 2640 physical and spell resistance? <3
    Options
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destruent wrote: »
    glasejcr9idj.png

people really should fill out a test about basic game mechanics before commenting in such threads.

You do realize that EVERY MAGICKA DAMAGE SKILL is considered 'spell damage' right? Thus for a Magicka Templar, it would be an across the board 6% boost to every Magicka damage skill.

My concern on this topic it that even though many of these continuing problems have been mentioned during the last week, including Burning Light no long working with Spell Erosion, nothing has been mentioned, no comment from Gina acknowledging it, nothing. This is indicative of what happens when they are finalizing everything and no longer want/consider input before release. I hope that is not the case, but I've seen it too many times... the final two weeks of testing and no changes occur before release.
    Edited by ADarklore on February 4, 2018 2:42PM
    Options
  • Valdek
    Valdek
    ✭✭✭
    glasejcr9idj.png

You do realize that EVERY MAGICKA DAMAGE SKILL is considered 'spell damage' right? Thus for a Magicka Templar, it would be an across the board 6% boost to every Magicka damage skill.

My concern on this topic it that even though many of these continuing problems have been mentioned during the last week, including Burning Light no long working with Spell Erosion, nothing has been mentioned, no comment from Gina acknowledging it, nothing. This is indicative of what happens when they are finalizing everything and no longer want/consider input before release. I hope that is not the case, but I've seen it too many times... the final two weeks of testing and no changes occur before release.

I believe what Destruent meant is that 6% spell damage gives you a bonus to your spell damage as in spell power and not your actual abilitiy damage. In other words, if you have 1000 spell damage, you would gain 60 spell damage, which would NOT increase the damage from your abilities by 6%. It would, however, mean that spell damage scales more effectively for magplars.
    Edited by Valdek on February 4, 2018 3:06PM
    Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maxjapank wrote: »
    Hey, don’t knock a Total Dark. I use it extensively in pvp. Sure, you can cc break it. But when used, even against “competent players”, it still messes up their combo. It also healed you for a ton. So now you are near full health and can go on the offensive while their health is down some. Or they have to cc break which still puts a hiccup in what they were trying to do. Remember that you can still stun them with Toppling Charge while it’s on them.

I use the skill myself.

We have to be on guard against people like Blobs who scream and yell the skill is OP when countering it is 1000000000000% a L2P issue and it's 100000000% fact the skill is zero way prevents the target from controlling their character, which is a HUGE drawback to the skill when compared to all the other CCs in the game that do.

The fact of the matter is I use this skill because most players are too lazy to CC break it and thus allow the Total Dark to be effective.
    Options
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Valdek wrote: »
    glasejcr9idj.png

I believe what Destruent meant is that 6% spell damage gives you a bonus to your spell damage as in spell power and not your actual abilitiy damage. In other words, if you have 1000 spell damage, you would gain 60 spell damage, which would NOT increase the damage from your abilities by 6%. It would, however, mean that spell damage scales more effectively for magplars.

This is exactly what the passive does for stamplars and what it would do for magplars. @ADarklore
    Noobplar
    Options
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I use the skill myself.

We have to be on guard against people like Blobs who scream and yell the skill is OP when countering it is 1000000000000% a L2P issue and it's 100000000% fact the skill is zero way prevents the target from controlling their character, which is a HUGE drawback to the skill when compared to all the other CCs in the game that do.

The fact of the matter is I use this skill because most players are too lazy to CC break it and thus allow the Total Dark to be effective.

Tbh he goes on about How op templars are, but struggles to kill anything in heavy, not that i blame him, that's basically templar in a nutshell, great aganist low defense or high dmg builds, and sucks b@@lz aganist anything mildly defensive.
    Options
  • Prizax
    Prizax
    ✭✭✭
    Elsterchen wrote: »
    Well, tbh my stamplar likes the extra spellresistance and is pretty jelly of the varity of class skills magiplars may use.

Can't we agree on 6% weapon and spell damage and 2640 physical and spell resistance? <3

ahahaah I also thought this the first time but I felt like I was asking too much to DEVS/ZoS.
    Options
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magplars have minor sorc
    Options
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LordSlif wrote: »
    Magplars have minor sorc

everyone has with a templar in group. those minor buffs were spread out among the 4 baseclasses to promote using different classes in a group.
    Noobplar
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [

I use the skill myself.

Flipside Unstable Core currently causes DK/Sorcs to take redirect DMG because of their boundless storm/volatile armor. Best is when you catch a terrible do player with it and every jabs hit causes them to take extra DMG because they refuse to break free lol.
    Edited by Minno on February 4, 2018 10:11PM
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Fixed an issue where damaging procs from passive abilities or Item Sets were not benefiting from your Spell or Physical Penetration in some situations."

This is the only thing I saw. @ZOS_GinaBruno does this include burning light?
    Also the lack of fixing jabs, again, from the bug casued by hardy/ele defender/thick skin is an issue. Are we wrong to consider this a bug?
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Fixed an issue where damaging procs from passive abilities or Item Sets were not benefiting from your Spell or Physical Penetration in some situations."

Also the lack of fixing jabs, again, from the bug casued by hardy/ele defender/thick skin is an issue. Are we wrong to consider this a bug?

Well, proc of passive ability seems does imply on fix of Burning Light.
    Edited by Cinbri on February 5, 2018 3:56PM
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »

well them combined all the skills into one patch note. I'd like to think it's fixed, but either way, no jabs fix regarding CP doesn't feel good.

Will need to let PTS download tonight and give it a try.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

well them combined all the skills into one patch note. I'd like to think it's fixed, but either way, no jabs fix regarding CP doesn't feel good.

Without and with 20 points in Spell Erosion:
    burnf.jpg
    So, seems it work now.
    Options
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭

What is the problem with CPs?
    Options
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭

Without and with 20 points in Spell Erosion:
    burnf.jpg
    So, seems it work now.

Nice ty
    Options