Fix Templar

• Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    ADarklore wrote: »
    Just tried it on pts again and overall sweeps dealt 20% less damage than on live..
    If result of Update, that was focused on bugs fixes, will be such a major bug of cp strikes - enjoy new Templar meme.

So you're saying that since the PTS update on Monday, the damage dealt by Sweeps has gone down, even though there was no patch notes indicating any Templar changes?!?
    It that how it is since pts started, just no one bothered to test it in first weeks. That affect only CP PvP and duels. PvErs and no-CPers won't see difference.
    P.S.: wish zos could come and say that all my maths are completely wrong :'(

Sometimes I don't know what's worse, getting nerfed or having bugged abilities.

@Cinbri , is this only Sweeps or do the defensive CPs have a similar effect on other damage skills?
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just tried it on pts again and overall sweeps dealt 20% less damage than on live..
    If result of Update, that was focused on bugs fixes, will be such a major bug of cp strikes - enjoy new Templar meme.

So you're saying that since the PTS update on Monday, the damage dealt by Sweeps has gone down, even though there was no patch notes indicating any Templar changes?!?
    It that how it is since pts started, just no one bothered to test it in first weeks. That affect only CP PvP and duels. PvErs and no-CPers won't see difference.

@Cinbri , is this only Sweeps or do the defensive CPs have a similar effect on other damage skills?

He mentioned earlier in the thread it's only for sweeps. Though would be curious to see if that changes for the latest pts patch.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • Solinur
    Solinur
    ✭✭✭

I see no difference between PTS and live for sweeps. Burning Light seems to be fixed, not only the lesser damage that I reported before, also the Spell Erosion issue.

Live
    Elder_Scrolls_Online_2018-02-07_22.23.09.png

PTS:
    Elder_Scrolls_Online_2018-02-07_22.23.50.png

Edit: just saw now it doesn't affect PvE... my bad

Edited by Solinur on February 7, 2018 9:42PM
    @Solinur Pact EU - PC (Solinur: Templar - Magicka DD, Moves-like-Günther: Sorcerer - Stamina DD, Kinara Sol: Templar - Stamina DD, )
    Addon Author
    Options
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

He mentioned earlier in the thread it's only for sweeps. Though would be curious to see if that changes for the latest pts patch.

Yep, only Puncturing Strikes skill. Damage of rest abilities is same.
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solinur wrote: »

I see no difference between PTS and live for sweeps. Burning Light seems to be fixed, not only the lesser damage that I reported before, also the Spell Erosion issue.

Live
    Elder_Scrolls_Online_2018-02-07_22.23.09.png

PTS:
    Elder_Scrolls_Online_2018-02-07_22.23.50.png

The difference is for CP PvP. Pve/nCP are fine.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • Ron_Burgundy_79
    Ron_Burgundy_79
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_Wrobel

@Cinbri has done extensive testing regarding defensive champion points and how they are causing a massive damage difference between the pts and live servers in PvP for puncturing sweeps.

While this may not have negative repercussions in PVE or even BGs, CP PVP will be nearly unplayable for dps magplars.
    Options
  • NoFlash
    NoFlash
    ✭✭✭
    If this goes to live, then it seems like they are forcing new players into becoming templar heal bots, which results into more nerf templar threads. "Templars heal is too strong"
    Well if the main class damage ability/execute wasn't bugged, then support wouldn't be the only viable playstyle newbies can rely on in the AvA/BG setting.

"Templar is a Class in Elder Scrolls Online. These traveling knights call upon the power of light and the burning sun to deal massive damage to their enemies while restoring health, magicka and stamina to their allies. The Templar is a defensive champion, channeling the power of the sun to strengthen himself, aid allies, and smite foes with righteous magic. Frequently protecting themselves with heavy armor and a stalwart shield, Templars are bastions of order and justice. A templar’s wrath is formidable; they pride themselves on steadfastly resisting occult forces, be they mage, daedra, or undead. Templars specialize in protecting their allies from these perils, whether by intercepting harmful attacks, or restoring the wounds sustained by their comrades. Templars can specialize on three distinctive class skills. The player is free to focus on one line or distribute points across many, allowing for deep build customization."

Also

Something something, templars should defend their house, something something

EDIT: Not constructive, but maybe it will make someone from ZOS smile while reading this and not replying...
    EDIT2: That quote wasnt even from their official site.
    Edited by NoFlash on February 8, 2018 11:15AM
    Daggerfall Covenant

The Ninja Squirrels
    Options
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please correct me if I´m wrong (looking from a PvE perspective), but PvE magplar utilizing Sweeps + Beam (Think pre-Morrowind Dual-wield Moondancer setup) is just as bad on PTS as they ´re on live?
    Options
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Please correct me if I´m wrong (looking from a PvE perspective), but PvE magplar utilizing Sweeps + Beam (Think pre-Morrowind Dual-wield Moondancer setup) is just as bad on PTS as they ´re on live?
    In proper group bosses will be under vulnerability debuff, and it was fixed from current ~4+% to flat 8%, so your sweeps next update will deal more damage. Radiant Oppression execute phase was fixed too and deal more damage too. So, dps will be higher, slightly.
    Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

Still will be bad. Just not as terrible.

Sweeps still isn't very strong and RD was overnerfed and costs way too much magicka to sustain during an execute phase.

Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just out of curiosity; is jabs seeing the same reduction as sweeps?
    Options
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good question @technohic let’s hope not. Honestly I’d like to see people die in 1.5 of my jabs rotations, here is to hoping.
    Options
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neoauspex wrote: »
    Joy is like "sit the *$@+ down, son"

The worst part is i couldnt decide wheather to agree with the post, tag it as being insightful or just click awesome. Ahhh wtd!?
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A_G_G_R_O wrote: »
    Good question @technohic let’s hope not. Honestly I’d like to see people die in 1.5 of my jabs rotations, here is to hoping.

Im just curious because right now my templar is specced magicka to do healing in pledges. I don't actually plan on doing many pledges so might as well just go stam. Faster getting around since its also my crafter anyway. Just need to figure out if Im going to use jabs or just spam dizzying swing.
    Options
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    diplomatt wrote: »
    Wondered that u asking to fix it only in buff way.
    How about to ask rework Purify work to make dot builds in eso working at least viable? Rework total dark *** also? Purifying light\Power of the light...?
    Do u like how it works now and on pts? From all sides not only as templar fan.

@ZOS_Wrobel , @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Templar's mechanics broken in general. Sweeps in unworkable way, Extended ritual, Total dark, Power of the light (both morfs) in disbalancing other classes way. Templars need rework almost same hard as wardens. And cost poisons need to be adjusted. Its e hell *** for everyone except zergers of all kinds and templars.

Oh, look. Another PvP complainer who won't be satisfied until Templars are AP pinatas.

It's not enough that templars have no competitive means of preventing damage to them (unlike other classes: DK wings, Wardens Shimmering Shield, Sorcerers Hardened Ward & Bolt of Lighting, NB Cloak & Mirage) and zero mobility. No, now they want to take away the Templars' ability to react to the damage they do take by nerfing Purify. Not enough that Templar DPS skills are easy to avoid Channels. Just got to take away only burst mechanic the class has.

You're so lazy, you don't even want to bother CC breaking. Total Dark is a terrible skill Vs. anyone who knows what they are doing. All you have to do is CC break it. Gee, sorry we hit you with a skill that does not impede your movement, position, speed, or ability to control your character in any way while you are doing your super duper killer DPS combo that my class does not have access to. How game-breaking it is that you have the choice to take a single global cooldown to CC break and resume your killer combo. I mean if I had a real CC like Fear, Fossilize, or Rune Prison, you'd have no choice, your combo would have been interrupted, you would have had to CC break, you could not stop it by holding block.

Go ahead and tag @Wrobel and @ZOS_JessicaFolsom . Tag @ZOS_GinaBruno too. Let them see for themselves how most of the PvP whining about other classes are nothing but L2P issues and ironically from people asking to see the issues from "all sides."
    3d4SRNJ.gif
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
    Options
  • Adventurer
    Adventurer
    ✭✭✭
    Has the healing been fixed? Does it look like the patch will make any of the Templar skills worse when it hits live?
    Options
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    no words...
    Options
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LordSlif wrote: »
    A lot of problems here, where are u @ZOS_Wrobel

@LordSlif

He's not gonna answer you.

Because he has no answers.

If he did, the mission statement wouldn't be to reduce permablocking while refusing to edit fights that require permablocking in a reasonable capacity.

Get used to it or find another game.
    Edited by Doctordarkspawn on February 8, 2018 9:03PM
    Options
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

Biting Jabs is deal less damage in same way as Puncturing Sweeps. Don't expect to jump off from this boat called Templars. :smiley:
    200.gif
    Edited by Cinbri on February 8, 2018 9:21PM
    Options
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My stamplar is just going to become a Hidden Blade spammer. Everything else in the build can stay the same, and I'll be even more annoying than before.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

Biting Jabs is deal less damage in same way as Puncturing Sweeps. Don't expect to jump off from this boat called Templars. :smiley:
    200.gif

Well I guess at least there’s stam melee spammables to replace it. No real magicka melee to fill the void.
    Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    My stamplar is just going to become a Hidden Blade spammer. Everything else in the build can stay the same, and I'll be even more annoying than before.

I hate that skill :smiley:
    Options
  • Ron_Burgundy_79
    Ron_Burgundy_79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »

I hate that skill :smiley:

I hate it too. At least people aren't using it to double proc viper and widowmaker anymore.
    Options
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭

@LordSlif

If he did, the mission statement wouldn't be to reduce permablocking while refusing to edit fights that require permablocking in a reasonable capacity.

lol i was not talking about permablocking lmao. if you have nothing to add about templars and bugs... dnt say trash
    Options
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I suggest everyone to test damage of Strikes with their friends now and if it wont be fixed in latest patch - to test it right after update and document it. So there will be larger prove base that something is not right about it. Coz after update will go live you wont be able to prove it.
    Options
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@LordSlif

lol i was not talking about permablocking lmao. if you have nothing to add about templars and bugs... dnt say trash

Still applies to damn near any problem you have with what is currently on PTS.

Because as we all know, what hits the PTS hits live in roughly the same state with no major changes.

Get used to it, my friend. S'not gonna stop. Or do yourself a favor and move to another MMO.
    Edited by Doctordarkspawn on February 10, 2018 10:43AM
    Options
  • Ron_Burgundy_79
    Ron_Burgundy_79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suggest everyone to test damage of Strikes with their friends now and if it wont be fixed in latest patch - to test it right after update and document it. So there will be larger prove base that something is not right about it. Coz after update will go live you wont be able to prove it.

I'm on console but I'll give it a shot.
    Options
  • Rudyard
    Rudyard
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS, just go ahead and change the name of the class to FUBAR, because that's what you have done to it over the years.
    Deacon Grim
    Options
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm on console but I'll give it a shot.

Me too
    Options
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ill say more. if u look to nb gap close+stun ure gonna see it dnt have minimum range( 3.5m-22m) it is 0m-22m. so why all of others GC have this minimum distance? im including templar's charge ( it is a GC+STUN ). it makes a big difference, 3.5m in a fight seems like 3.5km

Why doesn't it have a Stamina morph?
    Why is Repentance so awful now?
    Why did they remove the Major Mending such that Stamina Templar lost much of its advantage? Rune Focus is not so great- really, it never was.
    Why can't we have a proper cc? Blinding Flashes was bad? Check out permanent talons. If you can permanently talon people why can't you Blinding Flash them?
    Why is purifying light a lot like Nightblade Mark but vastly less useful. How does a beam of light from heaven not reveal stealth?

I think the flaws are heavier than the strengths on Templar, narrowing options and creativity. Templar has the least cc of any class, the least regeneration, can be mediocre at tanking, has decent burst damage along very narrowly defined rails and while it is a good healer they have brought a lot of other class abilities to par. I'm not impressed.
    Edited by dodgehopper_ESO on February 10, 2018 5:15PM
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
    Options