✭✭✭✭
    Nothing about focused charge...
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templars rejoice! No nerfs in 3.3.4 ...
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    Minno wrote: »
    "Fixed an issue where damaging procs from passive abilities or Item Sets were not benefiting from your Spell or Physical Penetration in some situations."

This is the only thing I saw. @ZOS_GinaBruno does this include burning light?
    Also the lack of fixing jabs, again, from the bug casued by hardy/ele defender/thick skin is an issue. Are we wrong to consider this a bug?

Well, proc of passive ability seems does imply on fix of Burning Light.

well them combined all the skills into one patch note. I'd like to think it's fixed, but either way, no jabs fix regarding CP doesn't feel good.

Will need to let PTS download tonight and give it a try.

Without and with 20 points in Spell Erosion:
    burnf.jpg
    So, seems it work now.

Thanks Cinbri!
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LordSlif wrote: »
    "Fixed an issue where damaging procs from passive abilities or Item Sets were not benefiting from your Spell or Physical Penetration in some situations."

Also the lack of fixing jabs, again, from the bug casued by hardy/ele defender/thick skin is an issue. Are we wrong to consider this a bug?

What is the problem with CPs?

hardy/ele defener/thick skin is impacting the dmg of sweeps/jabs (at least compared to live).
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • Ron_Burgundy_79
    Ron_Burgundy_79
    ✭✭✭✭✭

hardy/ele defener/thick skin is impacting the dmg of sweeps/jabs (at least compared to live).

Didn't someone post the numbers to back up this bug? Surprised we haven't heard anything back yet as ZOS has been very responsive.
    Options
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Didn't someone post the numbers to back up this bug? Surprised we haven't heard anything back yet as ZOS has been very responsive.

Gina said that she had forwarded Cinbri's testing and numbers, including documentation of that bug, on to Wrobel. Maybe it was too late to get into this patch?
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »

Gina said that she had forwarded Cinbri's testing and numbers, including documentation of that bug, on to Wrobel. Maybe it was too late to get into this patch?

This.

Most likely the cause.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • Ron_Burgundy_79
    Ron_Burgundy_79
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This.

Most likely the cause.

@ZOS_GinaBruno Can you give us an update on the bug mentioned above?
    Options
  • Myerscod
    Myerscod
    ✭✭✭

Too late? No. Wrobel more likely just threw this info away and went looking for the next stupid thing to put on his head for the next ESO live instead of focussing on fixing the game.
    Options
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    A lot of problems here, where are u @ZOS_Wrobel
    Options
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »

I give you an awesome after a no-nerfs-for-templars hits live, you never know with last-minute changes ;)
    Options
  • Ron_Burgundy_79
    Ron_Burgundy_79
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This.

Most likely the cause.

Any of you guys/gals want to bump this. I'm probably on some ZOS permanent ignore troll list, albeit probably for good reason.

Somewhat concerned that all the work put into fixing the scaling of sweeps will be cancelled out by a different bug. :/

@Cinbri @Joy_Division @Minno

Edit: autocorrect isn't always correct.
    Edited by Ron_Burgundy_79 on February 6, 2018 5:17PM
    Options
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    Elsterchen wrote: »
    Feanor wrote: »

I give you an awesome after a no-nerfs-for-templars hits live, you never know with last-minute changes ;)

this^^
    Dolche des Königs (DDK); EuPC, DC, Sotha Sil,
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This.

Most likely the cause.

Any of you guys/gals want to bump this. I'm probably on some ZOS permanent ignore troll list, albeit probably for good reason.

Somewhat concerned that all the work put into fixing the scaling of sweeps will be cancelled out by a different bug. :/

Last push for live. So I doubt we will see a fix.

Better to log on to pts and test a new Templar build not using jabs for your spamable.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This.

Most likely the cause.

I've long given up on Sweeps or RD. I dont use either skill in PvE and in PvP I mostly reply on backlash, reflective light, proc sets, and opponent's stupidity with Eclipse to kill people.

I just don't have the motivation to do all sorts of testing to see if these things are working. Even if ZoS fixes Sweeps, the healing associated with that skill is not adequate enough in my opinion to go toe-to-toe against a good melee build.
    Edited by Joy_Division on February 6, 2018 7:56PM
    Options
  • Ron_Burgundy_79
    Ron_Burgundy_79
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This.

Most likely the cause.

I've long given up on Sweeps or RD. I dont use either skill in PvE and in PvP I mostly reply on backlash, reflective light, proc sets, and opponent's stupidity with Eclipse to kill people.

I just don't have the motivation to do all sorts of testing to see if these things are working. Even if ZoS fixes Sweeps, the healing associated with that skill is not adequate enough in my opinion to go toe-to-toe against a good melee build.

I know we're not complaining like the DKs, but it would definitely make sweeps hit like a wet noodle.

+1 on the sweeps healing being complete garbage.
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This.

Most likely the cause.

I know we're not complaining like the DKs, but it would definitely make sweeps hit like a wet noodle.

Well sweeps needs 170% DMG boost and the heal back to bring it back into line. Problem is they removed our DMG and gave us a stupid snare. Then they reduced the heal and stole major mending. The result is the wet noodle that is sweeps.

At least stamplars can stack way over 3.5k wd easily and use jabs for the crit boost. That plus bleeds+vigor make up for being stuck in the channel.

- Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When Degeneration (Mages Guild Skill) out heals your Puncturing Sweeps you know your class skills are utter crap! Why bother with classes in the first place just let us spec into a tree of skills.

NOTE: Degeneration heals for 115% of the damage done with a light or heavy attack, heavy attack on off balance enemies is a lot of AOE shock damage.
    Edited by James-Wayne on February 6, 2018 9:49PM
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
    Options
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This.

Most likely the cause.

Well sweeps needs 170% DMG boost and the heal back to bring it back into line. Problem is they removed our DMG and gave us a stupid snare. Then they reduced the heal and stole major mending. The result is the wet noodle that is sweeps.

At least stamplars can stack way over 3.5k wd easily and use jabs for the crit boost. That plus bleeds+vigor make up for being stuck in the channel.

Shush, don't give them ideas please patch isn't live yet. Jabs is one out of 3 ... yes: three!... (and one is rather comical only! Looking at javeline.) class skills, besides Ults, stamplars can really make use of (all other skills scale of magica pools, including all heals!).

So please refrain from posting numbers on jabs damage ... they might get nerfed because they sometimes hit harder then light attacks on a stamina class, petty please. :kitten eyes please:
    Options
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When Degeneration (Mages Guild Skill) out heals your Puncturing Sweeps you know your class skills are utter crap! Why bother with classes in the first place just let us spec into a tree of skills.

NOTE: Degeneration heals for 115% of the damage done with a light or heavy attack, heavy attack on off balance enemies is a lot of AOE shock damage.

I certainly don't love what been done Jabs, but Degeneration? That thing has only a 15% chance to heal you even if the heal is large.

A 100% chance to heal you a small amount is way better than a 15% chance to heal you a large amount IMO.
    Options
  • Kwik1
    Kwik1
    ✭✭✭✭
    So in everyone's opinion, if I want to make a new Templar Healer/Magicka DPS Feb12th to level up for the new rewards system, will they currently be plenty viable for DPS in PvE? I will only PvP long enough to get Warhorn unless there is another skill like caltrops I should get.

Will it be viable for vet dungeons and trials without needing to be part of the elite 1%? I have arthritis in my left hand (and no I am not THAT old) so it limits my abilities somewhat, but I can overcome a lot of them with a mouse that has 9 keys on it. I still have to weapon swap with my left hand though effectively. Will I be able to pull 20k-25k DPS in boss fights?
    Options
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kwik1 wrote: »
    So in everyone's opinion, if I want to make a new Templar Healer/Magicka DPS Feb12th to level up for the new rewards system, will they currently be plenty viable for DPS in PvE? I will only PvP long enough to get Warhorn unless there is another skill like caltrops I should get.

Will it be viable for vet dungeons and trials without needing to be part of the elite 1%? I have arthritis in my left hand (and no I am not THAT old) so it limits my abilities somewhat, but I can overcome a lot of them with a mouse that has 9 keys on it. I still have to weapon swap with my left hand though effectively. Will I be able to pull 20k-25k DPS in boss fights?

Well even on PTS I could still pull out over 30k on my Magicka Templar so if 20-25k is your goal then you should be fine.

Shouldn't need any skills from PvP for a magplar.
    Options
  • Kwik1
    Kwik1
    ✭✭✭✭
    danno8 wrote: »
    Kwik1 wrote: »

Well even on PTS I could still pull out over 30k on my Magicka Templar so if 20-25k is your goal then you should be fine.

Shouldn't need any skills from PvP for a magplar.

Thanx, and the Warhorn will be for the healer side of me, not for the DPS side. =)
    Options
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just tried it on pts again and overall sweeps dealt 20% less damage than on live..
    If result of Update, that was focused on bugs fixes, will be such a major bug of cp strikes - enjoy new Templar meme.
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just tried it on pts again and overall sweeps dealt 20% less damage than on live..
    If result of Update, that was focused on bugs fixes, will be such a major bug of cp strikes - enjoy new Templar meme.

No change if you use empower buff after each sweeps cast but huge nerf for everyone else lol.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

No change if you use empower buff after each sweeps cast but huge nerf for everyone else lol.

This must be their plan to make us like Solar Barrage. :s
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm swapping to destro skills. It will suck, but at this point charged staff+force pulse will deal more DMG than sweeps+burning light....
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This must be their plan to make us like Solar Barrage. :s

Honestly solar barrage wouldn't be terrible if we still had our defense that justified staying in place while enemies hit/run us.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So you're saying that since the PTS update on Monday, the damage dealt by Sweeps has gone down, even though there was no patch notes indicating any Templar changes?!?
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
    Options
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »

So you're saying that since the PTS update on Monday, the damage dealt by Sweeps has gone down, even though there was no patch notes indicating any Templar changes?!?
    It that how it is since pts started, just no one bothered to test it in first weeks. That affect only CP PvP and duels. PvErs and no-CPers won't see difference.
    P.S.: wish zos could come and say that all my maths are completely wrong :'(
    Edited by Cinbri on February 7, 2018 8:10PM
    Options