The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

PTS Patch Notes v3.3.3

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the premise of the undodgeable AOE, unblockable DOTs, undodgeable and unblockable ground effects but it feels like there will be a lot more abilities that will need to be touched to match the rule beyond just what is listed here. Is that further down the line or are all just going to follow this rule starting now and you just listed exceptions?

Same could be said for the idea that powerful snares should be very short. Looks like only one is being addressed this pass?
  • crobarXIII
    crobarXIII
    ✭✭✭
    • Strife: Fixed an issue where the heal over time from this ability and its morphs would still apply to you even if the enemy dodged the attack.

Will this remove the heal of a previous strife that did hit?
    PS4-NA-1000+cp
    Nightblade-Redguard-Stamina Dps : Nightblade-Argonian-Tank : Dragonknight-Imperial-Tank : Dragonknight-Darkelf-Magicka Dps
    Sorcerer-Khajiit-Stamina Dps : Sorcerer-Highelf-Magicka Dps : Templar-Redguard-Stamina Dps : Templar-Highelf-Magicka Dps
    Warden-Imperial-Tank : Warden-Highelf-Magicka Dps
  • Bevik
    Bevik
    ✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    I like the premise of the undodgeable AOE, unblockable DOTs, undodgeable and unblockable ground effects but it feels like there will be a lot more abilities that will need to be touched to match the rule beyond just what is listed here. Is that further down the line or are all just going to follow this rule starting now and you just listed exceptions?

Same could be said for the idea that powerful snares should be very short. Looks like only one is being addressed this pass?

Pretty sure they just quickfixed the things people were complaining, be honest 1 week for these changes are not a lot, so reckon we will see more changes coming to dodgeable/undodgeable list along with other changes.
  • Darkdex
    Darkdex
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Thank you for reverting the synergy cooldown increase <3
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Itemization
    Target Dummies of all varieties now behave like dungeon bosses for the purposes of status effects applied to them.

still no dummies that count as players or undead/daedra though? :(
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as I can partially agree with Dive change I actually think overall it's half baked and not enough. It changes mainly PvP magwardes experience and not stamwardens which are very strong and dont need birds for that. Also When skill was released Zenimax said it'll be undodgable because it have delay so something needs to compensate that. What will compensate that now ? Now it'll be basicly a range spammable ability with delay so in PvE it's still weak if compared to other skills like Strife or Force Shock. Dive should get some compensation and more changes that would make skill stronger in PvE and compensate the delay in PvP.
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »
    As far as I can partially agree with Dive change I actually think overall it's half baked and not enough. It changes mainly PvP magwardes experience and not stamwardens which are very strong and dont need birds for that. Also When skill was released Zenimax said it'll be undodgable because it have delay so something needs to compensate that. What will compensate that now ? Now it'll be basicly a range spammable ability with delay so in PvE it's still weak if compared to other skills like Strife or Force Shock. Dive should get some compensation and more changes that would make skill stronger in PvE and compensate the delay in PvP.

Totally agree! Damage increase by 10% to start. Make the birds fly faster
  • irstarkey57
    irstarkey57
    ✭✭✭✭
    MagDK so screwed...unreal.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    These are the best patch notes I've seen in a long time, maybe ever. :open_mouth:
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • xynode
    xynode
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Awesome update, appreciate nothing is set in stone but some REALLY positive updates to test especially the ability to block and/or dodge certain abilities and affects /COUGH pigeons!

Some awesome balancing so far, i also am very happy about the skeletons being fixed based on recent events. There has been a huge uproar which was created by people assuming certain classes were over/under performing vs others, based on (deliberate) invalid/inaccurate test results taking full advantage of broken mechanics (skeleton had no cool downs on some status effects) to get higher numbers. Happy that this is now being altered for a better gauge of how your abilities and rotations would act/reflect vs an actual boss encounter.

The off balance "Up time" duration i like and it actually falls bang on with current testing of the Mag dk allowing 2 free whips out of 5 in the whole off balance duration up time making sustain pretty good with certain rotations. However i still think the "cool down/immunity" should be closer to 10 than 15, HOWEVER of course there is testing to be done, so cannot say for sure yet. Positive about it regardless and this should be a fun week!

Looking forward to testing everything this week and seeing how things tick. Keeping in mind nothing is real until it is RELEASED...i shall take an in depth look at how these changes could affect areas of the game.

ps: We still need DSA loot on pts, still have no box with those items sets in for testing:)

• TiberX
    TiberX
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sooo... DK NERF, Warden nerf... uhmmmm when do we see a Nb nerf?
    Let me guess:-) Never ever ever ever in 1000 patches.
    Burst fear cloak stun burst cloak rinse repeat.
  • irstarkey57
    irstarkey57
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chufu wrote: »
    kookster wrote: »
    Holy crap.... the birds are dodgeable........... THIS PATCH JUST GOT AMAZING.

Unfortunately yes "Dive: The damage from this ability and its morphs can now be dodged."

Can't believe that. My MagWarden is *** in PvE Damage and now you steal his Bird-Attack in PvP. What should I do in PvP then? Be a healer or tank?

Should switch to a twohand-stamina then for PvP... seems to be better. Bye Bye my Warden.

What? No one stole it. They gave people a counter play option to it to not get midlessly spammed by 5k ranged attacks.
  • ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seriously, another hit to the DK.

Bravo, clearly you people absolutely LOVE this class so much why don't you reduce all damage from all class abilities by 50% while you are at it?
    mDKs still need a lot of love!
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TiberX wrote: »
    Sooo... DK NERF, Warden nerf... uhmmmm when do we see a Nb nerf?
    Let me guess:-) Never ever ever ever in 1000 patches.
    Burst fear cloak stun burst cloak rinse repeat.

Nailed it. NB's are ridiculous with this crap. Oh you're attacking me? Cloak, run, avoid all damage and prevent any further attacks.
  • MotokoKusanagi34
    MotokoKusanagi34
    ✭✭✭
    xynode wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Awesome update, appreciate nothing is set in stone but some REALLY positive updates to test especially the ability to block and/or dodge certain abilities and affects /COUGH pigeons!

Some awesome balancing so far, i also am very happy about the skeletons being fixed based on recent events. There has been a huge uproar which was created by people assuming certain classes were over/under performing vs others, based on (deliberate) invalid/inaccurate test results taking full advantage of broken mechanics (skeleton had no cool downs on some status effects) to get higher numbers. Happy that this is now being altered for a better gauge of how your abilities and rotations would act/reflect vs an actual boss encounter.

The off balance "Up time" duration i like and it actually falls bang on with current testing of the Mag dk allowing 2 free whips out of 5 in the whole off balance duration up time making sustain pretty good with certain rotations. However i still think the "cool down/immunity" should be closer to 10 than 15, HOWEVER of course there is testing to be done, so cannot say for sure yet. Positive about it regardless and this should be a fun week!

Looking forward to testing everything this week and seeing how things tick. Keeping in mind nothing is real until it is RELEASED...i shall take an in depth look at how these changes could affect areas of the game.

ps: We still need DSA loot on pts, still have no box with those items sets in for testing:)

And your classes didn’t take advantage of that??? Come on who are you kidding...
    smh9vk68.gif

• Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xynode wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

And your classes didn’t take advantage of that??? Come on who are you kidding...
    smh9vk68.gif

Bet they play a magplar. Lol who's up next on "Guess My Class!"
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Synozeer wrote: »
    RIP magwardens

Yeah please join the graveyard - find a spot next to the other magica classes.

It is a good patch in general. And magica builds looks even now (underperfoming compared to stamina builds but even across magica builds!).

This a good starting point to buff up all magica builds.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »
    DDuke wrote: »
    Another excellent patch, thank you.

A question: did you miss Bombard/Acid Spray, or do those remain dodgeable by purpose?

Similar cone AoE abilities: Sweeps, Cleave, Shalks, WoE etc are all undodgeable now.

Wait, how did stamina AoE ability where you literally shoot daggers got undodgeable treatment, and different stamina AoE ability where you literally shoot arrows is still dodgeable...

This does not sound to me like it adhering to any stable mechanics :D

Alright so
    • Endless hail - dodgeable
    • Caltrops - dodgeable
    • Acid Spray - dodgeable
    • Steel tornado - undodgeable

Could someone, like @ZOS_GinaBruno clarify this is truly the desired way?
    Because this does not make any sense at all. For one, endless hail and caltrops are ground AoE so they should be undodgeable.
    For second, Acid Spray and Steel tornado are almost the same skills....

//edit: to clarify my testing method. I had someone just dodging around while I used these 4 skills. If there was 'dodged' popup from ingame combat numbers, I declare it means the ability is dodgeable.
    Edited by SodanTok on January 29, 2018 6:51PM
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xc99eil40orz.jpg
    [*]Dive: The damage from this ability and its morphs can now be dodged.

Please then rename the skill "Drunken Pidgey".

Thanks.

Edited by Sarousse on January 29, 2018 6:47PM
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    FIX FOCUSED CHARGE
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mandricus wrote: »
    The real question are:

why Dive has been undodgeable until now?

And why it is still unblockable?

It is blockable. It's being changed now to force everyone to buy the new Chapter coming later this year.
    My guess, there's a set that replaces birds for wardens lol (or more positive, spellcrafting!)
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sarousse wrote: »
    xc99eil40orz.jpg
    [*]Dive: The damage from this ability and its morphs can now be dodged.

Please then rename the skill "Drunken Pidgey".

Thanks.

To me it remains, and will always be "The Bluebird of Happiness".
    PC EU
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    Can dodge dive now but didn't compensate for the change, it's honestly these type of changes that make me think the dev team is full of first timers; plus you guys constantly contradict yourselves. Yay nerfed dive but still haven't touched stam wardens which is ridiculous, I don't know why anyone would applaud this obvious incompetence.

Dives uniqueness is in its delay. It is fine, it deals high damage and even heals a bit. No compensation needed.

Pve warden needs stuff, but pvp, both specs are still good.

Unique delay huh? Wtf kind of twisting is this?

It's strictly worse than: pulse, frag, or swallow. Why the F would you run a delayed, dodgeable, ability when you can run pulse which is instant, acts as 3 attacks and can apply a whole sort of effects?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please can someone tell us if this is going to be the last set of patch notes for this PTS, or are there going to be more next week?

I'd really, really like to get all these wonderful updates onto live so that I can start playing with them for real :)
    PC EU
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Now Dive needs a total rework. Turn it into a projectile, increase it's speed (like nightblade's Strife) and redraw its animation.
    Also, half of warden's skills need a rework.

Edited by Anhedonie on January 29, 2018 7:06PM
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bfish22090 wrote: »
    Dark flare spam coming to your local pvp campaign
    @Bfish22090
    You need to read it again, my friend.
    Templar
    • Dawn’s Wrath
      • Solar Barrage (Solar Flare morph): The damage from this morph can now be blocked, but cannot be dodged.
    Dark Flare is the other morph. Solar Barrage is the AoE morph nobody uses. This change (as well as all the other abilities made undodgeable, like whirlwind and cleave) is to make sure you can't i-frame through AoEs like it's some Dark Souls kind of s**t. It also means the best counter to dodgeroll spammers will be AoEing them to hell.
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless."

Fire and Ice
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CyrusArya wrote: »
    Sad day for zerg surfing bird spamming wardens. Good. Was no surprise when all the prolific zergling Xv1 types gravitated to and coalesced on this class.

Also great change on the snare reduction on low slash, that skill did way too much.
    Hey, are magwarden duelers ded now?
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Jeremiah87
    Jeremiah87
    ✭✭✭
    Synergies back to 20 seconds and off-balance improvement (compared to last iteration) are GREAT! This patch is shaping up to be fantastic!
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SanTii.92 wrote: »
    CyrusArya wrote: »
    Sad day for zerg surfing bird spamming wardens. Good. Was no surprise when all the prolific zergling Xv1 types gravitated to and coalesced on this class.

Also great change on the snare reduction on low slash, that skill did way too much.
    Hey, are magwarden duelers ded now?

They weren't before?

Who the f takes a warden to an NB or mDK fight?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    Can dodge dive now but didn't compensate for the change, it's honestly these type of changes that make me think the dev team is full of first timers; plus you guys constantly contradict yourselves. Yay nerfed dive but still haven't touched stam wardens which is ridiculous, I don't know why anyone would applaud this obvious incompetence.

Dives uniqueness is in its delay. It is fine, it deals high damage and even heals a bit. No compensation needed.

Pve warden needs stuff, but pvp, both specs are still good.

Lol, the delay is what makes it horrible when it is dodgeable now :D