The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

PTS Patch Notes v3.3.3

• Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great stuff in here! Bringing the heat with those fixes!

@ZOS_Wrobel you guys forgot Arrow Spray which by those rules should be blockable but not dodgeable. Please make undodgeable!
  • Bevik
    Bevik
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chufu wrote: »
    kookster wrote: »
    Holy crap.... the birds are dodgeable........... THIS PATCH JUST GOT AMAZING.

Unfortunately yes "Dive: The damage from this ability and its morphs can now be dodged."

Can't believe that. My MagWarden is *** in PvE Damage and now you steal his Bird-Attack in PvP. What should I do in PvP then? Be a healer or tank?

Should switch to a twohand-stamina then for PvP... seems to be better. Bye Bye my Warden.

Oh please no, now all the bird spamming wardens will unite to cry on the forum...
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Unfortunately yes "Dive: The damage from this ability and its morphs can now be dodged."

Can't believe that. My MagWarden is *** in PvE Damage and now you steal his Bird-Attack in PvP. What should I do in PvP then? Be a healer or tank?

Should switch to a twohand-stamina then for PvP... seems to be better. Bye Bye my Warden.

l2 land bird like every other projectile? Especially as magwarden, who can stun with their combo.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch679 wrote: »
    Searing strike, aka burning embers, now dodgable lol yessssssssssssssss! Great change! Mdk's were overperforming like crazy! So now their offensive healing skills have been nerfed hard. I'm digging these changes!

Trying to figure out if this was a troll post
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The change to birds makes sense but I feel like people spammed it because it's the only class DPS a Warden has. My question is how will this change a Warden's burst in PvP? Will it not make much of a difference or will it impact the class so much that players will shelf their Wardens and play another class?

Warden's don't have much DPS as it is so this nerfs what they were good at in PvP... burst. Probably won't impact the good players doing Warden or myself since I changed my Warden to more of a tank (saw this coming). More minor buffs (emphasis on minor) to some Warden passives and abilities would make up for this change to birds and also make them slightly more viable in DPS situations. (since I sense some nerfs to other abilities coming as well)

Plus I thought I read somewhere that birds were already reflectable? Did I imagine that lol? I think I did.
    Edited by OtarTheMad on January 29, 2018 6:00PM
  • Speed_Kills
    Speed_Kills
    ✭✭✭
    See some nice needed changes in here. Now if you can fix defensive rune being consumed by shadowrend or shadow image even though they can't be cced, I will be one happy dw stamsorc.
    Edited by Speed_Kills on January 29, 2018 5:55PM
    Some say speed kills, I hope to be proof of that.

Main- Speed Kills Nord Stamina Sorcerer
    +11 alts (every class, mag+stam)
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »
    Another excellent patch, thank you.

A question: did you miss Bombard/Acid Spray, or do those remain dodgeable by purpose?

Similar cone AoE abilities: Sweeps, Cleave, Shalks, WoE etc are all undodgeable now.

Wait, how did stamina AoE ability where you literally shoot daggers got undodgeable treatment, and different stamina AoE ability where you literally shoot arrows is still dodgeable...

This does not sound to me like it adhering to any stable mechanics :D
    Edited by SodanTok on January 29, 2018 5:58PM
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you! finally some useful changes. Dodging birds change is late but better late than never. THANK YOU!
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
  • bigdavid11b16_ESO
    bigdavid11b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    rename the patch to " dragonknight bone"
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Searing strike, aka burning embers, now dodgable lol yessssssssssssssss! Great change! Mdk's were overperforming like crazy! So now their offensive healing skills have been nerfed hard. I'm digging these changes!

Trying to figure out if this was a troll post

Let me clarify for you; mag DKs were overperforming in PvP. Now they can't do ridiculous damage/pressure while healing to full constantly. A great and welcomed change. Searing strike should not be an undodgable ability. The change is a fantastic addition to their nerf fest.
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OtarTheMad wrote: »
    The change to birds makes sense but I feel like people spammed it because it's the only class DPS a Warden has. My question is how will this change a Warden's burst in PvP? Will it not make much of a difference or will it impact the class so much that players will shelf their Wardens and play another class?

Warden's don't have much DPS as it is so this nerfs what they were good at in PvP... burst. Probably won't impact the good players doing Warden or myself since I changed my Warden to more of a tank (saw this coming). More minor buffs (emphasis on minor) to some Warden passives and abilities would make up for this change to birds and also make them slightly more viable in DPS situations.

Plus I thought I read somewhere that birds were already reflectable? Did I imagine that lol? I think I did.

Medium armor dodge roll nightblades just went up a notch in pvp. Dodge is the dumbest thing in the game and they just made it even stronger.
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    buff cutting dive now that it is dodgeable?
  • mandricus
    mandricus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The real question are:

why Dive has been undodgeable until now?

And why it is still unblockable?
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mandricus wrote: »
    The real question are:

why Dive has been undodgeable until now?

And why it is still unblockable?

it is blockable
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asgari wrote: »
    Thank you! finally some useful changes. Dodging birds change is late but better late than never. THANK YOU!

I bet you're a medium armor stam blade
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asgari wrote: »

I bet you're a medium armor stam blade

I would bet not as cloak negates birds.
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Warden's don't have much DPS as it is so this nerfs what they were good at in PvP... burst. Probably won't impact the good players doing Warden or myself since I changed my Warden to more of a tank (saw this coming). More minor buffs (emphasis on minor) to some Warden passives and abilities would make up for this change to birds and also make them slightly more viable in DPS situations.

Medium armor dodge roll nightblades just went up a notch in pvp. Dodge is the dumbest thing in the game and they just made it even stronger.

LoL ikr. Maybe I should dust off my stamblade and have some fun dodging everything in the game.
  • CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Assassins Blade : What the heck is this skill ? ?????
    THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

Check out his PVP YouTube channel !

https://youtube.com/TheCavalryPK
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    CavalryPK wrote: »

Unmorphed Killer's Blade/Impale
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    JobooAGS wrote: »

I wouldn't hold your breath.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Learn a combo for it. Once they get half health just pressure with Bird and another attack.
  • CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh . omg all this time it was un dodgebl? dam. I missed out on some grate kills.
    THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

Check out his PVP YouTube channel !

https://youtube.com/TheCavalryPK
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭

:(
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Oh . omg all this time it was un dodgebl? dam. I missed out on some grate kills.

Maybe it was just the stam morph that was undodgeable? Impale was definitely dodgeable.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »

Maybe it was just the stam morph that was undodgeable? Impale was definitely dodgeable.

no, apparently just the base skill
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

:(

I agree. I love Wardens, some minor buffs would be nice. We'll see but I'm not going to wait for it that's for sure.
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    RIP notorious bird Xv1'ers.
    Warden

Animal Companions
    Feral Guardian: Fixed an issue where the Guardian’s Wrath and Guardian’s Savagery special attacks from this ability and its morphs could not hit some larger monsters, such as Saint Olms.
    Dive: The damage from this ability and its morphs can now be dodged.

The Age of Wrobel.
  • MotokoKusanagi34
    MotokoKusanagi34
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_Wrobel
    So does that mean the off-balance cooldown starts at the first proc of off-balance or when off-balance runs out?
    Edited by MotokoKusanagi34 on January 29, 2018 6:14PM
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Soul Harvest still needs additional effects to be viable in PvP. Powerlash needs to not be consumed if dodged (I would like to say the same for grim focus but one fight at a time). Otherwise pretty good notes
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • jediprime74
    jediprime74
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Wrobel

Are orbs and shards still sharing a cooldown or have they been reverted back to separate cooldowns?

Thanks!
    Guildmaster of Fool's Errand, PvX/social, beginner to endgame Guild.

Guildmaster of Fools for the Pact an Ebonheart Pact PvP Guild.