The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cheating and Exploits

• Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saw my second cheater today...The first time I came across one, it was in Vvardenfell. This guy was camped out behind some boxes next to a tent. I was a brand new player so I thought he was stuck... Nope. He had his right trigger held down shooting arrows at the bad guys, drawing their aggro and causing them to run toward him, only to be stopped by the crates and then killed (slowly) by his flying pet.

Today was my second. It was the southwestern dolmen in Alik'r of all places. They hid behind a rock towards the back of the dolmen, the trigger was held down shooting a staff heavy attack at the spawn point of the final boss. I reported them and took a video.

If we are all grinding the proper way, he/she can too dang it. They lasted an entire dolmen but eventually they were nuked by a few red areas and they died. He never rez'd either. After running a dungeon I came back and he was gone.

These guys make me happy. They are exploiting the games own mechanics to level and found a clever way to do it. At least hiding behind boxes and sniping enemies makes sense. I have never been mad at "pathing" exploits.

Hiding on top of a rock where the baddie cant get you? that seems like a normal thing for an adventurer to do.

Its the people that use external programs or game breaking exploits in PvP that bother me. Let people level. Leveling is boring anyway.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saw my second cheater today...The first time I came across one, it was in Vvardenfell. This guy was camped out behind some boxes next to a tent. I was a brand new player so I thought he was stuck... Nope. He had his right trigger held down shooting arrows at the bad guys, drawing their aggro and causing them to run toward him, only to be stopped by the crates and then killed (slowly) by his flying pet.

Today was my second. It was the southwestern dolmen in Alik'r of all places. They hid behind a rock towards the back of the dolmen, the trigger was held down shooting a staff heavy attack at the spawn point of the final boss. I reported them and took a video.

If we are all grinding the proper way, he/she can too dang it. They lasted an entire dolmen but eventually they were nuked by a few red areas and they died. He never rez'd either. After running a dungeon I came back and he was gone.

These guys make me happy. They are exploiting the games own mechanics to level and found a clever way to do it. At least hiding behind boxes and sniping enemies makes sense. I have never been mad at "pathing" exploits.

Hiding on top of a rock where the baddie cant get you? that seems like a normal thing for an adventurer to do.

Its the people that use external programs or game breaking exploits in PvP that bother me. Let people level. Leveling is boring anyway.

It's clever until they tie the controller button down with a rubberband and go upstairs to help mom with the laundry. :neutral:
    Edited by Elsonso on January 2, 2018 6:47PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's clever until they tie the controller button down with a rubberband and go upstairs to help mom with the laundry. :neutral:

Yeah at that point its beyond clever. Its genius. I'd be mad if they set up a macro, but a rubber band is low tech and hilarious. They aren't hurting anyone, duping, ruining the economy, or killing other players unfairly in PvP.

So here's to you Mr. Rubber Band on the Mouse Button Guy!

Grab a bud light, mow your lawn, and level your toon! We salute you.
    Edited by Yolokin_Swagonborn on January 2, 2018 7:01PM
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah at that point its beyond clever. Its genius. I'd be mad if they set up a macro, but a rubber band is low tech and hilarious. They aren't hurting anyone, duping, ruining the economy, or killing other players unfairly in PvP.

So here's to you Mr. Rubber Band on the Mouse Button Guy!

Grab a bud light, mow your lawn, and level your toon! We salute you.

If yer gonna play the game, then play the game, but be there actually playing the game. If you can't be bothered enough to do that, log off.
    Options
  • kitsune_beth
    kitsune_beth
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't see the point in cheating. It removes all the fun from the game. You don't exactly have bragging rights on a CP690 character if you've cheated to get them there. I like having to do quests and fight to level up my characters.

The only thing that really annoys me, is if I'm in a very good fight and some *bleeper* jumps in at the last second to take the kill.

Or people stopping you questing or shard hunting in Cyrodiil because they sit on the areas...
    (Thankfully my way round that one is to do Cyrodiil pre-level 50 now, on a quieter server)
    Options
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't see the point in cheating. It removes all the fun from the game. You don't exactly have bragging rights on a CP690 character if you've cheated to get them there. I like having to do quests and fight to level up my characters.

The only thing that really annoys me, is if I'm in a very good fight and some *bleeper* jumps in at the last second to take the kill.

Or people stopping you questing or shard hunting in Cyrodiil because they sit on the areas...
    (Thankfully my way round that one is to do Cyrodiil pre-level 50 now, on a quieter server)

I'm sure it makes it fun for those that do it, screen shot from a discord earlier

0SPsgNr.jpg
    Options
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cpt_Teemo wrote: »

I'm sure it makes it fun for those that do it, screen shot from a discord earlier

0SPsgNr.jpg

A snowswept bush cluster. Dayum.
    Options
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

0SPsgNr.jpg

A snowswept bush cluster. Dayum.

Did you not notice the gold at the bottom? lol
    Options
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom People cheesing the jumping boss in VAS has kicked all of the legit scores from the leaderboards on the Xbox EU server. Will there be anything done about this or will it be left alone.
    Options
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Teams who can't finish vhrc in less than 2 hours are getting better scores than people who are completing hard modes.... Don't let integraty hold people back
    Edited by pod88kk on January 6, 2018 7:08AM
    Options
  • kenjiblaster25
    kenjiblaster25
    ✭✭✭
    This VAS cheating is a serious issue @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_RichLambert Rich from nowhere hundreds of groups are all doing it with 12-14k scores. I’ve 2 teams who worked very hard and have been ripped from the board just so some cheats can run it on every character they own to get a reward for the worthy. The mountains of cheats are about as worthy as pond scum.
    Edited by kenjiblaster25 on January 6, 2018 11:05AM
    Kenjil

Never Behind Guild - PvE & PvP & Trade & Trials & Friendship & Great laughs
    Guild Motto - leave no one behind, stay on the crown, kill the greens
    Ebonheart Pact
    Options
  • kenjiblaster25
    kenjiblaster25
    ✭✭✭
    So a large group of players received weekly rewards without earning them. Are you at least going to acknowledge the glitch @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_RichLambert - or do you simply let all these cheats prosper? Now everyone that plays against them is disadvantaged by this cheating not being addressed. You banned players who cheated the whole
    Trial, perhaps you should find all the cheats that have done this on multiple toons and let them join the others.
    Kenjil

Never Behind Guild - PvE & PvP & Trade & Trials & Friendship & Great laughs
    Guild Motto - leave no one behind, stay on the crown, kill the greens
    Ebonheart Pact
    Options
  • skywarnmc27
    skywarnmc27
    ✭✭✭
    I just wish ZOS would do something about bots, and bot trains. I can report them, and a week later they are still there. Not sure why ZOS would want them unless they bots are ESO+ so it jacks up their sub numbers.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just wish ZOS would do something about bots, and bot trains. I can report them, and a week later they are still there. Not sure why ZOS would want them unless they bots are ESO+ so it jacks up their sub numbers.

I think the only bots that will have ESO Plus are the ones run by normal players to farm while away, and ones running on transferred/purchased accounts that have ESO Plus time remaining.
    Options
  • Calderon06
    Calderon06
    ✭✭✭
    They are cheaters in Cyrodill exploiting on PC-EU Shor Campain (i can give Name and guild in MP and they already have been reported but not punished).

They generaly came at main gates of castles, jumping at the pillard next to it and can go on the wall (they can even go in the keep).
    Using that, the castle is not under attack until they captured the flags (they attak the door under the keep)

You can say, "In real life it's done like this", "it's ninja style", but no.
    You corrected the system of jump for DK and Wereworfs but this is the same now.

(sorry for my english)
    Edited by Calderon06 on January 8, 2018 3:11PM
    VV
    Options
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I think the only bots that will have ESO Plus are the ones run by normal players to farm while away, and ones running on transferred/purchased accounts that have ESO Plus time remaining.

Doesn't matter where they come from tbh, its automative 3rd party programs and should be banned on sight.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Doesn't matter where they come from tbh, its automative 3rd party programs and should be banned on sight.

The point is that ZOS is not looking the other way due to a huge ESO Plus bot population in the game.
    Options
  • VoidBiscuit
    VoidBiscuit
    ✭✭✭
    I think this could probably count as an exploit or at least something which could be turned into an exploit.

There's a bug where you can die, and the game will think you stayed in the same place, but you can move around on your client. On your client, you can pull adds from like 100 meters away from your original starting place and you can attack the adds, even though on the server side your body is where you left it, so the mobs will run 100m to your body.

I'm sure it could be exploited somehow, I haven't' tested if it breaks red circles but the fact the client works like this could make it exploitable.
    Options
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, macros.

iLj7DS.jpg

And please don't tell me the guy is capable of manually pushing a button 43 times per second.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    So, macros.

iLj7DS.jpg

And please don't tell me the guy is capable of manually pushing a button 43 times per second.

Light attack and Executioner are usually done with two different hands. This does not look like macros to me.

Edit: I mean, I suppose they could have a macro to do this, but that picture doesn't show it.
    Edited by Elsonso on January 13, 2018 12:08PM
    Options
  • Thalmor-Nordmaster
    Thalmor-Nordmaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the elapsed time on the first bracketed la-executioner is .023

on the second it is.085

A macro would have consistent timing.

I can't believe this still up. Has to be a record thread now
    Options
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

on the second it is.085

It would have consistent timing If you measured it on the originating computer. Not on a computer halfway around the world, after travelling to the server, then to the target's computer, and especially not if it passed through Cyrodiil on the way.
    Edited by Sharee on January 13, 2018 6:12PM
    Options
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    on the second it is.085

No, it wouldn't. A macro would only be consistent at the source, the other players PC.

What you see on your end is after the messages have traveled to the ZOS server, are processed there and then send to your client.

The timestamps shown is when those messages arrived at your client, not when they originated.
    :neutral:
    Options
  • fred.thomsonb16_ESO
    I would like to report cost poisons and lag please @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Options
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, macros.

iLj7DS.jpg

He missed an la in the middle. You need to learn the basics of combat in this game.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

Options
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    So, macros.

iLj7DS.jpg

He missed an la in the middle. You need to learn the basics of combat in this game.

He obviously has a macro that fires a LA first everytime he pushes the executioner button. That's why he misses a LA in the middle. No executioner - no LA.

(Basics of combat my behind)
    Edited by Sharee on January 14, 2018 9:09AM
    Options
  • The_Brosteen
    The_Brosteen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pod88kk wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom People cheesing the jumping boss in VAS has kicked all of the legit scores from the leaderboards on the Xbox EU server. Will there be anything done about this or will it be left alone.

The short answer is no. The ban hammer they dropped before was a PR stunt to look better in the eyes of the playerbase during the great console loading screen crisis of 2017.

Everyone, including me, got excited that they were setting a new precedent and 0 tolerence policy for cheating. Based on the numerous bot complaints and VAS exploit complaints going unanswered over the last several weeks it's pretty clear we all got played. GG.
    Options
  • MakoFore
    MakoFore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    are there still people exploiting vAS +2?!?
    Edited by MakoFore on January 15, 2018 8:12AM
    Options
  • Yamakaziing
    Yamakaziing
    ✭✭✭
    yeah getting out of control
    Options
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So, macros.

iLj7DS.jpg

Oh, cmon, what's the point of this? Nobody can argue with a straight face that macros aren't being used.

Some of the things players pull of are not something e-sport tournament players can pull off. I personally love the videos where someone is jumping from rock to rock backwards, panning their camera, and landing LA/ability/bash flawlessly,.

The really unfortunate part is that console was fairly free of this poop, but over the last couple months, it's looking more and more like PC.

Edit: there is also a thread somewhere on these forums pointing to specific hardware that executes macros well on console.
    Edited by Wreuntzylla on January 18, 2018 5:57PM
    Options
This discussion has been closed.