Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

For those of you who feel the drop rate is bad with crown crates: 225 crown crates later...

• firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dang all the whines are worth buying the crown crates. Lol. We are all playing agame where u can run around and murder and steal etc. And u all are worried someone spent 150.00 on crates.
  • Dracofyre
    Dracofyre
    ✭✭✭✭
    just be glad that we are not in EVE, as you finally got "epic" starship dreadnaught after spending real cash $2,000 dollars on crates, and you lose that ship within 5 mins when other 'raiders' destroy from inside jobs in your guild.
  • DMBCML
    DMBCML
    ✭✭✭
    This is exactly why I don't purchase the crates. I'll buy the mounts outright, but I won't buy the crates. My husband has been known to log in and buy some crates and try to get me a mount, but it never works. However, on HIS account, he gets them. EVERY SINGLE TIME he gets them.
  • O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very unlucky. I've bought 60 crates, I think, and gotten 2 flame mounts and the bear. And I thought that was bad.
    PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
    Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
  • Kiara
    Kiara
    ✭✭✭
    Everytime you open some crown crates someone dies slughterfished :trollface:
  • TACO BELL
    TACO BELL
    How long did that take to open all those up at one time?
  • Darethran
    Darethran
    ✭✭✭
    firedrgn wrote: »
    Dang all the whines are worth buying the crown crates. Lol. We are all playing agame where u can run around and murder and steal etc. And u all are worried someone spent 150.00 on crates.

One is playing the game, the other is rewarding corporations for predatory business practices.
    In Scotland | @Darethran

[EU] Ervona Saranith (EP) - Lvl 50 CP >560 - Dunmer Healer
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dracofyre wrote: »
    Eremith, thank for google it, now you do know about wi-flag, and yes, i do missed chatting with devs these original turninegames are like no one else, and really get with players and down to earth like "brothers" in game. they made me so happy to see few of my ideas, and it was well liked.
    Sunstone Gauntlets, new version of no drop gauntlets on death and allow players to customized for specific skills, and winged shadow armor, customized crafted necklace, and fun pancake event for april fool days.

it is sad that we dont get interactive with devs in game for over a decade and much less on forum homepages to chat with, now they all using 3rd party sites as FB or tweet instead of homepages and leaving players in dark. it made some players get bitter.

Yup, because we all know when devs post on their own site things don't get bitter.

I remember Bethesda stopped posting on their forums due to the amount of abuse they got, ditto BioWare and probably a host of other devs too. Courtesy works both ways, however, a lot of gamers seem to think it's OK to abuse devs because they think buying the product in question gives them the privilege/right to give out abuse, death threats and a host of other nasty things.

Even turning it down a notch and as we've witnessed on here, there are some complete losers that would happily see people lose their homes, their jobs, their family just because they dislike a piece of code or a bug remains unfixed. Devs simply can't respond to that as there isn't a response you can give these people.

Edited by Prof_Bawbag on December 31, 2017 4:02PM
  • Pops_ND_Irish
    Pops_ND_Irish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    monktoasty wrote: »
    MoTeets wrote: »
    I was happy !
    Because I didnt get a specific item, im not going to start a whining thread!
    I would have be fine with none of the above. I would have just converted everything to gems and used those.

That's fine but many people feel ripped off when they spend 75 dollars and get potions.

All the crown crates I have bought, I have never just gotten potions.
    MajinCry wrote: »

One is playing the game, the other is rewarding corporations for predatory business practices.

Predatory ?? geez
    Edited by Pops_ND_Irish on January 2, 2018 12:13PM
  • woe
    woe
    ✭✭✭✭
    People need to stop complaining. Each time you open a box you have a CHANCE. The next box has the exact same chance. This goes for everything from opening card packs, to crown crates, to buying a lottery ticket. You are taking a chance to get something better always favored in the odds of the place you are buying from. If you don't like it then don't do it. If you do it too much then you need help. Stop crying about not getting something you were never promised to get in the first place.
    uwu
  • Pops_ND_Irish
    Pops_ND_Irish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ones that are complaining will always complain.
    They didn't get all the good stuff so they whine.
  • Dawnblade
    Dawnblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Complaints from people who throw money at companies that milk their fans and customers with gamble box systems as the only way to obtain desirable items are the best.

Don't support gamble boxes if you feel like it is a bad deal, it is totally possible that you can spend tens, hundreds, or more and never get what you are seeking.

Oh and just because crowns are on sale, that doesn't add any more value to them, and it certainly doesn't change the RNG that will end up denying someone the item they seek no matter how much money they throw at the game.
  • Joosef_Kivikilpi
    Joosef_Kivikilpi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rouven wrote: »
    But you do have enough gems to get all the mounts right?

Ignoring the rare drop only ones now.

I hate knowing I won't ever get that Night Frost Atronach Steed. :(
  • xbobx
    xbobx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i didnt get any apex mounts either but ended up with 1200 apex points.
  • DirtySouthWookie
    I usually buy 80 dollars worth of crowns per season with exception to flame season in which I bought (sale) 200 because I wanted the frost steed. All in all I got a lot of cool apex mounts plus I got the frost steed that I wanted. Just from my experience, you get an apex mount for every 40 dollars you spend. Radiant mount is around 400-500. To me, if you have a disposable income I don't see a problem with buying as much as you want. There are far worse odds in the world we live in.
  • xbobx
    xbobx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually buy 80 dollars worth of crowns per season with exception to flame season in which I bought (sale) 200 because I wanted the frost steed. All in all I got a lot of cool apex mounts plus I got the frost steed that I wanted. Just from my experience, you get an apex mount for every 40 dollars you spend. Radiant mount is around 400-500. To me, if you have a disposable income I don't see a problem with buying as much as you want. There are far worse odds in the world we live in.

well i spent a lot more than that and got nothing from the apex list.
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well haven't bought many of these, actually did it to get junk to convert to crown gems, to buy a few things with. But I've had the Draugr Style book, and the Akaviri one. Some two different mounts, and like 3-4 costumes. Every time I've tried, I got something good. Relatively seen (as I only wanted junk anyway).

The "RNG" in this game is really weird. If you only get junk from refining like 100 raw materials, stop - and try again another day or so. Some times I've had like 4 golden temps out of 50 ore, seriously. Guess same thing applies to the Crown Crates. If you get junk, stop and try again later...
  • KanedaSyndrome
    KanedaSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭
    The more you've spent in the past, the lower the rng rate you get.
    KanedaSyndrome's Suggestions For Game Improvements
    The Fortuitous Collapse of the Wave Equation
    The Best Plans Require No Action
  • Lyndwurm
    Lyndwurm
    Soul Shriven
    I'll just rub a little salt in the wound.

I got the Storm Antroach Mount on the first crate that I opened when I bought four of those creates a few weeks back.

I got the Flame Senche Mount two times when I opened up Flame Creates the other day, so number two turned into Gems.

Sorry, only did it cause Crowns were on sale, maybe it was just beginners luck. That being said, I can't say the game is rigged, but Vegas wasn't built on winners.
  • Kolache
    Kolache
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think I've opened 90+ crates over the seasons and I haven't gotten a legendary mount. I wasn't really expecting to get one though. I basically looked at opening them as accumulating crown gems for the one mount that I wanted, with some fluffy flare on the side.

I would like it if the opening process included some sort of mini-game and free drinks though.
    Something being unbalanced in 1v1 does not imply that it is balanced in group play.
  • aedra
    aedra
    ✭✭✭
    I decided to purchase 4 for *** and giggles since I had some extra Christmas money...I got fiery guar mount on the first box. Not something I'd ever do again...maybe the more you purchase the worse the RNG or something. Nice I got it, but I still felt like it was a waste of money.
    Edited by aedra on January 5, 2018 11:38PM
  • BlazingDynamo
    BlazingDynamo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think if they were forced to reveal the % drop rates for the items in crown crates alot more people would stop dumping thousands into these things.
  • Zordrage
    Zordrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭

that 150.00$ could have been sent to me to make a small part of my life better....
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just bought 30 boxes got a flame mount the sench.

Got some other kewl stuff
    A motif
  • Zordrage
    Zordrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just bought 30 boxes

BRING THE PITCHFORKS !!!!!!!!!!!
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think if they were forced to reveal the % drop rates for the items in crown crates alot more people would stop dumping thousands into these things.

They won't, because the people who want the items and are already buying crates don't care about numbers. They already have a "feel" for their chances, and no chart is going to help or hinder their decision to buy into the crate system.
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.