The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

For those of you who feel the drop rate is bad with crown crates: 225 crown crates later...

• cbdfarm
    cbdfarm
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_KatP wrote: »
    Hi all,

We've gone through and removed several posts because they were not constructive to the discussion.

Thanks,
    KatP

You mods arent very constructive in the discussion either...
    Edited by cbdfarm on December 29, 2017 6:23PM
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m pretty sure that the more crown crates you buy, the lower your odds are of getting something good on your next one.

For instance your odds of getting a mount would be higher on your 10th crate than on your 100th crate.

Which is quite nefarious.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    And here comes the troll army ....
    "Waaahhh gambling addiction!"
    "Waaahhh you deserve what you get!"
    Waaaahhh a fool and his money!"
    "Waaahhh people like you are what's wrong with MMOs!"
    "Waaaahhhh gamblecrates!"

There, did I do good? :D

By the way, I'm not saying people have to like the crates. I've just seen a lot of people being bullied about them on this forum. I don't *love* the crates, myself (wish they just put it all in the crown store instead), but I'm strongly against people being bullied just because they bought crates.

All of these are valid responses, nix the 'waahh'.

He clearly does have an addition, deserved what he got, was a fool with his money, -is- what is wrong with MMO's by feeding a buisness practice that encourages bad quality and microtransactions.

If stating these opinions is bullying then good grief you people need to toughen up.
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kildayen wrote: »
    I have a ton of crowns to waste because I load up on them every time they are on sale and there is rarely anything I ever want to buy from the crown store.

I just opened 225 crown crates and have not gotten 1 mount yet lol. Yes, that is 75,000 crowns I just spent.

In the past I have gotten most of the mounts from a lot less crates. This time it is not even close with how bad the drop rate is for me.

Hey @ZOS_GinaBruno did they lower the mount drop rate? Did they add some kind of algorithm to work against those who have a load of crowns saved up because they know we throw our money at ZOS? I know it is supposed to be bad, but this is hilarious lol

I could buy all the mounts with the amount of crown gems I have saved up, but i'm not really interested in them. I just want to see how bad the drop rate can really be. Do I keep going?

PS: For those of you who love to troll, I give you permission to freely troll because I know you just can't hold back.

that is really weird to be honest... i opened probably 50'000 worth of crowns but i wanted a very specific mount
  • Pops_ND_Irish
    Pops_ND_Irish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't buy! end of problem
    Eremith wrote: »
    MoTeets wrote: »
    I have a ton of crowns to waste because I load up on them every time they are on sale and there is rarely anything I ever want to buy from the crown store.

I just opened 225 crown crates and have not gotten 1 mount yet lol. Yes, that is 75,000 crowns I just spent.

In the past I have gotten most of the mounts from a lot less crates. This time it is not even close with how bad the drop rate is for me.

Hey @ZOS_GinaBruno did they lower the mount drop rate? Did they add some kind of algorithm to work against those who have a load of crowns saved up because they know we throw our money at ZOS? I know it is supposed to be bad, but this is hilarious lol

I could buy all the mounts with the amount of crown gems I have saved up, but i'm not really interested in them. I just want to see how bad the drop rate can really be. Do I keep going?

PS: For those of you who love to troll, I give you permission to freely troll because I know you just can't hold back.

So you spent all those crowns, just so you could whine about the drop rate ? hehe
    Don't buy! end of problem
    But then what what would you have to whine about

There's always a broken Group Finder in the game.
    There's always a broken mount riding animation when your character stands on the mount's back and runs on it.
    There's always poorly made decisions about game concept where we've got an alliance war within an open world, AD guys questing and trading with EP guys, EP guys living in a house in DC capital.
    There're always ridiculous Dwemer mounts.
    There's always something we can whine about.

Never had a problem with Group Finder.
    Complaining about cosmetics?

I think ill go buy some crown crates and feed my "gambling addiction". Geez
    Edited by Pops_ND_Irish on December 29, 2017 11:25PM
  • Dracofyre
    Dracofyre
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eremith, thank for google it, now you do know about wi-flag, and yes, i do missed chatting with devs these original turninegames are like no one else, and really get with players and down to earth like "brothers" in game. they made me so happy to see few of my ideas, and it was well liked.
    Sunstone Gauntlets, new version of no drop gauntlets on death and allow players to customized for specific skills, and winged shadow armor, customized crafted necklace, and fun pancake event for april fool days.

it is sad that we dont get interactive with devs in game for over a decade and much less on forum homepages to chat with, now they all using 3rd party sites as FB or tweet instead of homepages and leaving players in dark. it made some players get bitter.
  • RupzSkooma
    RupzSkooma
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zordrage wrote: »
    lol i HATE Crates in All games i never buy those....

What if there is 1 in a million chance u will get necro class?
    lol
    Elder Kings II is a Role Playing Elder Scrolls mod for Crusader Kings III.
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vahrokh wrote: »
    I wholeheartedly thank the many dumb gamblers in this game!

They ruin their life but allow ZOS the budget to create new and awesome regions, adventures and encounters for the rest of us!

Such hyperbole. :)

My life is not ruined because I buy crates.

But hey, you're welcome anyway!

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
  • mcknight_14
    mcknight_14
    Soul Shriven
    I guess I will give my two cents on this Loot Crate thing. I don't mind the crown store and I honestly don't even mind the crown crates as long as neither of them affects gameplay. (No one is forcing you to buy any of it) But I think there should be a better chance to get mounts because that's why most people buy them to begin with, and if people thought they had a good chance to get a mount then more people would buy them. Just my opinion. I mean micro-transactions aren't going away so we might as well get used to developers trying to nickel and diming their loyal already paid for the game fan base.
  • Kildayen
    Kildayen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They ruin their life but allow ZOS the budget to create new and awesome regions, adventures and encounters for the rest of us!

Someone's life is ruined because they buy crown crates? Someone is dumb because they choose to support the game by purchasing crown crates? Your mirror must look pretty ugly when you look into it.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Someone's life is ruined because they buy crown crates? Someone is dumb because they choose to support the game by purchasing crown crates? Your mirror must look pretty ugly when you look into it.
    Yeah man I don’t think buying the crown crates is what ruined his life. Clearly his life was already ruined, or he wouldn’t have bought that many crown crates. You gotta treat the disease, not the symptoms ;)
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• monktoasty
    monktoasty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As time passes..we are learning the secre5 evil algorythms put in place. Such as buy8ng more lowers odds..and time frame drops meaning only certain amount of rares drop per time limit..meaning if it's 3bapex horses an hour..you can spend a million and not get one..just an example there not saying it's fact.

We learn that destiny 2 ever seen items cost 10s of thousands to get them all.

We learn that match making is set to put you in a position to watch to buy more crates

We learn that desired items have 00001% chances for drop rates

Just make loot boxes fair and Noone would complain. Eventually this gravy train will end for publishers if they do not make good compromises
  • Kildayen
    Kildayen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

Yeah man I don’t think buying the crown crates is what ruined his life. Clearly his life was already ruined, or he wouldn’t have bought that many crown crates. You gotta treat the disease, not the symptoms ;)

Yes, my life is the worst! So ruined! I can't handle this pressure <3
  • Pops_ND_Irish
    Pops_ND_Irish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just bought 60 crates. Got:

3 mounts (Flame mount, Black Camel, Masked Bear)
    1 Banner
    5 Pets
    4 Costumes
    3 Motifs

Not bad for "gambling"
    Next sale I'll try again !
    Edited by Pops_ND_Irish on December 30, 2017 4:01PM
  • monktoasty
    monktoasty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just bought 60 crates. Got:

3 mounts (Flame mount, Black Camel, Masked Bear)
    1 Banner
    5 Pets
    4 Costumes
    3 Motifs

Not bad for "gambling"
    Next sale I'll try again !

No apex mount
  • Pops_ND_Irish
    Pops_ND_Irish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was happy !
    Because I didnt get a specific item, im not going to start a whining thread!
    I would have be fine with none of the above. I would have just converted everything to gems and used those.
    Edited by Pops_ND_Irish on December 30, 2017 4:10PM
  • monktoasty
    monktoasty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was happy !
    Because I didnt get a specific item, im not going to start a whining thread!
    I would have be fine with none of the above. I would have just converted everything to gems and used those.

That's fine but many people feel ripped off when they spend 75 dollars and get potions.

• Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Man, that does stink. The best advice I can offer is just stop.

225 crates is a lot of money for that one thing your looking for.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • Darethran
    Darethran
    ✭✭✭
    Guess what happens when you gamble? You lose money. A sane person would buy one or two lottery tickets a month, and call it a day.

It's time to grow up and manage your finances, rather than bending over and prostrating your derriere to a company that specializes in back-alley hip gyrating.
    Edited by Darethran on December 30, 2017 6:16PM
    In Scotland | @Darethran

[EU] Ervona Saranith (EP) - Lvl 50 CP >560 - Dunmer Healer
  • Myyth
    Myyth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WmN5lqP.jpg
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    drop chance of any apex is around 2% or 1/50, granted for current session its 1.6% or 1/62, down from 2.2%
    However you have the chance of radiant apex mount who is 0.17% or 1/588.

Now the scary stuff is if you want an single apex mount like the flame senche, here drop chance is around 0.2% or much like getting one radiant apex mount as its so many apex mounts.

For legendary stuff like the mage guild sentry cat the drop chance is 0.6% yes you will probably get two random apex mounts before the cat.

Epic rewards are not much better, around 1.1% again random apex is more likely.
    Superior rewards have an 4% drop chance who make them plausible.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1n1kdrywYmgjx290QwGJj9TT1Y8z4GfEMhvQ8kQnKL5g/edit#gid=0

In short, the crown crates are not bad if you want some random costumes and pets, perhaps an mount is lucky.
    If you want an specific item you have to buy it with gems unless very lucky.
    Radiant apex forget it, even if money is not an issue you will have to buy and open over 500 crates in average and this is an grind in it self :)

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • SisterGoat
    SisterGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought 6 crown crates. 1 from Reaper's Harvest, 1 from Flame Atronach, 2 from Storm Atronach, and 2 from Wild Hunt. I got a mount from my 2nd Wild Hunt crate. Including all the free crates I got, I have opened a total of 18 crates and the Wild Hunt mount was the only one I've gotten, HOWEVER Storm Atronach and Wild Hunt apex mount rates were higher because of the lack of radiant mounts. Opening 200+ crates without a mount is bad luck, but not impossible.
    Jumps-In-Water - Magicka Templar
    Dar'akar - Stamina Nightblade
    Jumps-In-Lava - Magicka Dragon Knight
    PC/NA
  • Smmokkee
    Smmokkee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn I didnt know EA took over ESO. Guess next season there will be some real p2w in those crates.

*vomit*

• Darethran
    Darethran
    ✭✭✭
    Smmokkee wrote: »
    Damn I didnt know EA took over ESO. Guess next season there will be some real p2w in those crates.

*vomit*

Zenimax is owned by a corrupt banker, it's not a surprise.
    In Scotland | @Darethran

[EU] Ervona Saranith (EP) - Lvl 50 CP >560 - Dunmer Healer
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

*vomit*

Except EA is actually doing direct sales more than chance boxes now atm.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

*vomit*
    very unlikely however it looks like they want to nerf the crown gem system, it was something we players got them to add and as I understand the exchange rate has been nerfed.
    I however think this would significantly reduce sales, think lots like me is farming gems to buy superior and epic stuff.
    having an 1% chance of get an costume so you have to buy 90 crates or 6 large packs for 30K crowns for an epic item.
    For an legendary one you need +50K crowns in average, yes you might up needing 200K crowns as the above poster experienced.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wild-Hunt mounts were the only ones I semi-liked and wanted but instead I got a Dwarven Camel that I didn't want and never use... I would have liked an Actual Camel more... I'm ready for a NEW and ORGINIAL mount like a Mammoth or those ugly ass Bone-Oxen from Wrothgar just for example... There are only so many element themed Bear, Camel, Guar, Horse, Senche and Wolf mounts before they all start to blur together... Also *** these drop rates. Crown Crates are Crime Crates!
  • PlautisCarvain
    PlautisCarvain
    ✭✭✭✭
    We should boycott crown crates!!!
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    drop chance of any apex is around 2% or 1/50, granted for current session its 1.6% or 1/62, down from 2.2%
    However you have the chance of radiant apex mount who is 0.17% or 1/588.

Now the scary stuff is if you want an single apex mount like the flame senche, here drop chance is around 0.2% or much like getting one radiant apex mount as its so many apex mounts.

For legendary stuff like the mage guild sentry cat the drop chance is 0.6% yes you will probably get two random apex mounts before the cat.

Epic rewards are not much better, around 1.1% again random apex is more likely.
    Superior rewards have an 4% drop chance who make them plausible.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1n1kdrywYmgjx290QwGJj9TT1Y8z4GfEMhvQ8kQnKL5g/edit#gid=0

In short, the crown crates are not bad if you want some random costumes and pets, perhaps an mount is lucky.
    If you want an specific item you have to buy it with gems unless very lucky.
    Radiant apex forget it, even if money is not an issue you will have to buy and open over 500 crates in average and this is an grind in it self :)

the cat is rarer than the mounts/skin?
    wut, thats terrible ranking if thats the case as i have the cat and it is a tier lower than the mounts/skin :(
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.