The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

For those of you who feel the drop rate is bad with crown crates: 225 crown crates later...

• Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure I could ever hold my composure like you are right now. RNG can get bent!
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    With the same amount of money you could've hired a necromancer a surgeon with questionable morals and bought a real life skeleton mount.
    Edited by Ankael07 on December 30, 2017 8:25PM
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Kildayen
    Kildayen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ankael07 wrote: »
    With the same amount of money you could've hired a necromancer a surgeon with questionable morals and bought a real life skeleton mount.

:D:D:D
  • KingMagaw
    KingMagaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your choice but it is people like you who will continue to encourage ZoS to keep hidden mounts in the crates and secondly reduce the drop rate to nothing because you will obviously will continue to buy more.

Thirdly they wont release drop rates to you or will they inform of any change to these drop rates.

Congratulations though!
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigh.

This just makes me more guilty that I got the Ice Dragur Senche mount in one of my free crates, since I think they're over-the-top and silly looking but plainly some people really, really wanted one.
    Edited by MasterSpatula on September 29, 2017 11:05PM
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • AbysmalGhul
    AbysmalGhul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I spent the money I saved for crown crates for a real shetland pony. His name is RNG and he drinks from the river of "Denial"
  • Malacthulhu
    Malacthulhu
    ✭✭✭✭
    TheMaster wrote: »
    Kildayen wrote: »
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    And here comes the troll army ....
    "Waaahhh gambling addiction!"
    "Waaahhh you deserve what you get!"
    Waaaahhh a fool and his money!"
    "Waaahhh people like you are what's wrong with MMOs!"
    "Waaaahhhh gamblecrates!"

There, did I do good? :D

By the way, I'm not saying people have to like the crates. I've just seen a lot of people being bullied about them on this forum. I don't *love* the crates, myself (wish they just put it all in the crown store instead), but I'm strongly against people being bullied just because they bought crates.

[Snip]

[Snip]
    [Snip]

Once crowns were purchased the money was thrown away regardless how the crowns were spent. The crowns are not a currency just coupons.

[Edited for quotes]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on September 30, 2017 4:26PM
    Xbox One Na
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tenor.gif
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigh.

This just makes me more guilty that I got the Ice Dragur Senche mount in one of my free crates, since I think they're over-the-top and silly looking but plainly some people really, really wanted one.

The odds of this happening are less than 1%.

Always baffled how people get ultra rare apex mounts in only a few openings, and judging off the forums, it seems that a fair amount do?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blanco wrote: »
    Sigh.

Always baffled how people get ultra rare apex mounts in only a few openings, and judging off the forums, it seems that a fair amount do?

Random is random that way.

There is no guarantee that the RNG that they use is really random, though. I have long suspected that they have caps on the random reward, or some similar machanism that changes the drop rate if high tier items are being handed out too much. For some reason, it always seems like the drop rate is much higher in the first week or so after release, and then drops off.

No math or numbers to back that up. though. Just always feels that way.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • chaserstorm16909
    chaserstorm16909
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You spent 75,000 crowns on crown crates? [Snip].

[Edited to remove profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on October 12, 2017 7:16PM
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for reminding me that I should just forget about that plague husk horse...
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • chaserstorm16909
    chaserstorm16909
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    tenor.gif

HAHAHAHA!
  • Thunderknuckles
    Thunderknuckles
    ✭✭✭✭
    OP, I don't mean to be too personal, but you spent roughly $750.00 on crown crates? SWTOR did this very thing where they dropped the chance of getting rare items to, literally, almost 0%. Astonishingly, people still buy those things up even though they get cargo ship loads of actual garbage.
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyrobag wrote: »
    You single handily make crown crates worth selling for Zo$...

Since you're throwing money away can I have some? I can even give you boxes with random useless crap in them if you want :o

Maybe they could buy some mystery boxes off ebay.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/MYSTERY-Surprise-box-NO-JUNK-/182792434488?hash=item2a8f473338:g:9SAAAOSwW9dZy509
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigh.

There is no guarantee that the RNG that they use is really random, though. I have long suspected that they have caps on the random reward, or some similar machanism that changes the drop rate if high tier items are being handed out too much. For some reason, it always seems like the drop rate is much higher in the first week or so after release, and then drops off.

Uhh that's basically what I'm suggesting.

It's very fishy to me that he can get so lucky with the mount drop, but I am not fully informed on the inner workings of the crate system..
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a person with a professional poker player experience... I'm highly suspect of the RNG
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • ThePrinceOfBargains
    ThePrinceOfBargains
    ✭✭✭✭✭

By the way, I'm not saying people have to like the crates. I've just seen a lot of people being bullied about them on this forum. I don't *love* the crates, myself (wish they just put it all in the crown store instead), but I'm strongly against people being bullied just because they bought crates.

[Snip]
    [Snip]
    [Snip]

Once crowns were purchased the money was thrown away regardless how the crowns were spent. The crowns are not a currency just coupons.
    That’s not accurate. By definition, they’re a form of currency. Now he did trade real-life currency for virtual currency, which some may consider bad all on its own. But I wasn’t talking about that. If he doesn’t mind wasting all his crowns, that’s on him. But I can’t comprehend why someone in their right mind would wait for a sale to buy all these crowns in bulk and then waste them all for literally no reason, lmao. It’s spending just for the sake of spending.

[Edited for quotes]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on September 30, 2017 4:27PM
  • Smmokkee
    Smmokkee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boooo zos you suck and so does eso now.
  • itehache
    itehache
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's the problem with random stuff... Some of my friends got a mount with the 3 free crates.
    I have never bought crates because I have terrible luck.
    I am sorry that you didnt get a mount that's not fair, but oh well, that's what happens with RNG =(
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigh.

Uhh that's basically what I'm suggesting.

It's very fishy to me that he can get so lucky with the mount drop, but I am not fully informed on the inner workings of the crate system..

I was mainly just adding to the discussion.

No one is privvy to the inner workings of the crate system. It is probably considered a trade secret. The certainly won't tell us. This is why people have to make complicated spreadsheets, which I am sure ZOS references when it is time to "tune" the drop rates.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    how's luck is part of CC eludes me cause i havent got an apex drop
    for the last 3 CC seasons (over 100 boxes opened every time)
    only time i got an apex was at first season and i bought all others with gems

luck?rng? comon :wink:
    Edited by method__01 on September 30, 2017 12:23AM
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kind of speechless......wow.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • Kildayen
    Kildayen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP, I don't mean to be too personal, but you spent roughly $750.00 on crown crates? SWTOR did this very thing where they dropped the chance of getting rare items to, literally, almost 0%. Astonishingly, people still buy those things up even though they get cargo ship loads of actual garbage.

It’s an ok question to ask. I actually spent about $330. During the last crown sale you could purchase 5500 crowns for 23.99. I purchased more than that amount of crowns, but just showing you the math for the crown crates. I also have crowns from subscribing every month.
  • Arizona_Steve
    Arizona_Steve
    ✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Arizona_Steve on September 30, 2017 12:34AM
    Wannabe Thalmor - Altmer MagSorc
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    parkham wrote: »
    Crown crates are terrible - but anyone can come on to the forum and say anything. How would anyone know if OP really did open all those crates - we don't.

ZoS knows. And has no problem outing someone. There is thread on these forums from a while back where a Dev, I think @ZOS_GinaBruno? put up the actual CP a player had after he said he had over a thousand. He was just a tad lower than 1k.

• Kildayen
    Kildayen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[Snip]

[Snip]
    [Snip]

That’s not accurate. By definition, they’re a form of currency. Now he did traded real-life currency for virtual currency, which some may consider bad all on its own. But I wasn’t talking about that. If he doesn’t mind wasting all his crowns, that’s on him. But I can’t comprehend why someone in their right mind would wait for a sale to buy all these crowns in bulk and then waste them all for literally no reason, lmao. It’s spending just for the sake of spending.

Let me teach you math.

Normal price:
    14 x $39.99 = $559.86

Sale price:
    14 x $23.99 = $335.86

$559.86 - $335.86 = $224.00

That is $224.00 I can use on something else because I saved money by purchasing crowns on sale. If you can’t comprehend why someone would rather waste $335.86 instead of $559.86, you will probably never get to the point in life where you will have extra money to spend (waste) on things. It really isn’t as difficult as you are making it out to be. Stop worrying about me so much and worry about more important things.

[Edited for quotes]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on September 30, 2017 4:28PM
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For all of you that think people with addictions deserve what they get and must be stupid something.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2016/12/losing-it-all/505814/

Enjoy.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Damianos wrote: »
    k2imty.png

This was what 178 of 204 crown crates revealed for me. Of the remaining 26 crates, 6 had new items in them, 3 were repeats of what I just received and they were all lipstick and the rest were mimic stones and other potions. Ticket was submitted, 0 response. No mounts, not even in my free one.

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Seriously, is this what you guys think will make happy customers want to spend more money? If this was your crown crate tally, how would you feel?

The fact op spent like half a grand kinda says that yes, they will.
  • Kildayen
    Kildayen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    parkham wrote: »
    Crown crates are terrible - but anyone can come on to the forum and say anything. How would anyone know if OP really did open all those crates - we don't.

ZoS knows. And has no problem outing someone. There is thread on these forums from a while back where a Dev, I think @ZOS_GinaBruno? put up the actual CP a player had after he said he had over a thousand. He was just a tad lower than 1k.

No one has to believe me, but I’ve done it several times in the past with video proof. Didn’t care to record it this time, but I should have because it was so pathetically funny.

Here is a link to an hour long video of me opening 120 crown crates when they first came out.

https://youtu.be/Ts1mOJDfCzk