Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Stam DK is Dead!

• Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    amir412 wrote: »
    crusnik91 wrote: »
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »
    I tried to PvP using a StamDK yesterday, and damn it felt awkward. I thought MagDK’s have bad mobility, but sheesh. StamDK mobility is atrocious. Seems like I’ll be sticking to MagDK for PvP, as StamDK is way too clunky. :s

It really depends on how u build ur dk. To say StamDK mobility is atrocious is just too wrong. I will link u a video to show u how I escape & outrun 20 players

Skip to 9:40
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dXLMZBSl0I&t=580s

Mate i really appreciate u as a player from knowing u long time, but what u showing is a StamDK using immov speed pots.
    So i have to rely on pots to make it work? what about duels, where this stuff is consider as "no honored"?

Yeah but where’s the root and snare immunity

You going to run forward momentum on a Stam DK? GL with that.

would be totally fine if GDB was actually a heal and not a portal into void that wastes your magicka.
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skoomah wrote: »
    There's only a handful of Stam DKs left and they are the top tier pvpers. You don't see new comers and middle tier Stam DKs out there.

You are correct ...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tplink3r1 wrote: »
    Ocelot9x wrote: »
    Today PvP:
    Me and the team (2 to 4 people) start doing PvP.
    After we get wiped by a 15ish man zerg my guildies asked me to take my stamwarden snn
    kaithuzar wrote: »
    omg, you guys cry more than sorcs!
    Maybe stamdk isn't in a great place but nb's weren't in a great place for over 50% of the games lifetime...
    I don't even know if stamplar has EVER been in a good place lol

You guys say you can't permablock without realizing it's not and never was supposed to be a thing! The point of blocking is to "block when you need to, and not when you don't!"
    Stop crying about not being able to permablock & losing based on that fact.

That statement about "oh the amount of damage I take through block is more than my healing", that's just plain false the majority of the time!
    When it is true it's either a) your build sucks, or b) your opponent built for max damage & has 0 survivability, sustainability, or healing themselves! Take advantage of that fact!

You shouldn't compare a broken class like warden with dk because warden is going to get nerfed anyways. Instead compare with stamplar or stamsorc who are also in the dumps right now & you'll see that things are semi balanced but still in need of a few changes.
    Work on your builds & adapt, GLHF

Dude,if I compare stamplar and stamsorc to my dk I see:
    Stamplar:
    no reliable spammable(they have jbs)
    No reliable burst(they have potl)
    No snare removal (they can purge dots)
    No utility for the group (aoe purge, calling target with potl,aoe healing ult)

Stamsorc:
    Less sustain (they have better passives+dark deal)
    Less mobility (they have expedition+streak)
    Less utility for the group (aoe snare,3rd bar for caltrops, NEGATE)

Thats what I see.
    Dks are a weapon based class+take flight
    - Jabs
    - Reliable
    Pick one.

Jabs > Dizzy swing
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    Exp stamdk can't kill same exp stemplar, stamwarden, stamsorc in duel and openworld and stamblade (maybe in duel also) in open world nowadays.
    Less exp will die ofc, but... And Don Quixote role isn't fun, we all need competition if not *** or masochists.
    --
    Stamblade: great burst, shuffle and cloak kite. Nice that at least squishy with these above. Or poor in heavy armor.
    Stemplar: great undodgeable burst, tanky and purify (dots, snares, debuffs (especially crap still overpowered Damage/drain resourses poisons), immobilizes bb). On my opinion strongest now cause of burst and purify.
    Stam warden: great undodgeable burst, tanky, ultigen, sustain, unique heal spammable so can use Forward momentum for snares remove in heavy without loss of burst heal. Maybe strongest stamina, but after Forest ulti nerf i feel Stemplar stronger.
    Stamsorc: nice burst, mobility and sustain, 2nd after dk in weakness - they also or too squishy or permasnared now..

Stam dk: lowest burst (same as stamsorc poor set of options to create a build now), tanky in heavy without snares remove options, or squishy in medium, absolutly crap stamina sustain since Morrowind patch cause of flat resourses from ultimates and stamina return from helping hands passive + healing nerf.
    This made stamdk some piece of not chocolate.
    No shuffle in heavy - was execute to stamdk after resourses nerf - it caused "permasnared or squishy" dilemma.
    And, flat block nerfs will be like an Implosion at this cake, if not giving instead to stam dk or more resourses, or damage options, which at the same time will not empower them in pve
    Edited by Anethum on December 26, 2017 9:33PM
    @Anethum from .ua
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skoomah wrote: »
    There's only a handful of Stam DKs left and they are the top tier pvpers. You don't see new comers and middle tier Stam DKs out there.

Furthermore, if any of those players were on another class, they'd perform better.
  • DU5T__ST0RM
    DU5T__ST0RM
    ✭✭
    I've played Stam dk since launch. I'm almost at 5 stars but can't bring myself to keep playing the class. I consider myself a fairly good PvPer but it has got to a point where my 2h and bow style is complete trash on dk. I'm so tired of nerfs that I'm ready to go into a field in cyro and fall on my sword to end my dks misery.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've played Stam dk since launch. I'm almost at 5 stars but can't bring myself to keep playing the class. I consider myself a fairly good PvPer but it has got to a point where my 2h and bow style is complete trash on dk. I'm so tired of nerfs that I'm ready to go into a field in cyro and fall on my sword to end my dks misery.

even SnB/2h Dk is bad. which is the most cheese way of playing a sDk.
    When the poster child of heavy armor meta is nowhere to be seen,and you see stamblades in heavy armor talking about ''in your face playstyle, I love it'' that tells you something about the state of your class.

For the 2h/bow playstyle I switched to stam warden, I mainly do trials on my Dk now.
    I don't think Im gonna miss stamDk to be honest, warden has everything you can ask on a dizzy swing build.
    Well, they do lack a strong CC ,but dizzy has that , dawnbreaker has that. so no problems.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on December 28, 2017 6:40PM
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Are you paying attention @ZOS?
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leaps
  • DU5T__ST0RM
    DU5T__ST0RM
    ✭✭

When the poster child of heavy armor meta is nowhere to be seen,and you see stamblades in heavy armor talking about ''in your face playstyle, I love it'' that tells you something about the state of your class.

For the 2h/bow playstyle I switched to stam warden, I mainly do trials on my Dk now.
    I don't think Im gonna miss stamDk to be honest, warden has everything you can ask on a dizzy swing build.
    Well, they do lack a strong CC ,but dizzy has that , dawnbreaker has that. so no problems.

I've actually been playing heavy Stam blade with no cloak and it's like my dk but with a spammable attack, strong debuffs and more bar space because of how much buff/debuff you get with SA and incap.
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've actually been playing heavy Stam blade with no cloak and it's like my dk but with a spammable attack, strong debuffs and more bar space because of how much buff/debuff you get with SA and incap.

heavy stamblade - snared or no burst heal - easy target.
    @Anethum from .ua
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭

not only with dizzy, there are so much options to be exact, stam dk sucks in compare as hell in every setup, can win only on higher skill of player, any chances when equal
    @Anethum from .ua
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

diplomatt wrote: »

not only with dizzy, there are so much options to be exact, stam dk sucks in compare as hell in every setup, can win only on higher skill of player, any chances when equal

I just dont give a crap anymore. To hell with it, call me a meta rider or anything you want. I don't want to play an empty shell as my main class. Stamden is the new stamDk.

Also farming a khajiit nb for a heavy armor build right now. I'll see how it performs.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on December 28, 2017 8:55PM
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

And Stam DK has a burst heal?
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »

at least dragon blood, stamblade in heavy is like nice only cause unusual idea but it have no needed otions to be viable and competitive
    Edited by Anethum on December 28, 2017 9:55PM
    @Anethum from .ua
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

at least dragon blood, stamblade in heavy is like nice only cause unusual idea but it have no needed otions to be viable and competitive

What game are you playing?

Stamblades in heavy are really strong this patch. Defile is strong and stamblades have defile built in their incap.
    Edited by Thogard on December 28, 2017 10:03PM
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

lol

rip decibel
  • Ronin34
    Ronin34
    ✭✭
    @Skoomah great post! We were discussing this the other day in game. I too main StamDk and the issues pertaining to burst is very true. Take Flight is arguably the best ulti in the game, but venom claw and noxious doesnt provide the consistent dps a stamplar can obtain with Pol, blood craze, dizzy, jabs or a NB's Ambush, incap, suprise, execute or a StamDen's Shalk, dizzy, DB, execute. I can name more but no need. Although people may think DK has too much survival, it SHOULD BE THE BEST at surviving. Wardens and templars have better survival along side burst.

Suggestions: 1. Change venom claw or noxious breath to something more dependable.
    2. Give stam dk a spammable
    3. Decrease the cost of Corrosive Armor

I am not suggesting these all at once but i suggest them in a way of considering just one.
    Redguard StamDK - Obi (DC)
    Redguard StamDK - Hasaan (AD)
    Orc StamDen - Daruk (DC)
    Orc StamSorc - Braga (AD)
    Redguard StamSorc - Blackout (DC)
    Redguard Stamplar - Victorio (AD)
    High Elf MagDen - Gaea (DC)
  • dmar613
    dmar613
    ✭✭✭
    My stam Dk was my only character since xbox release. I achieved Grand Overlord over a year ago and got 130k pvp kills with it. Just last week I made a Stam Warden because I cannot stand the state that the stam dk is in anymore. That should say something.
    4th Grand Overlord For DC Xbox One. 123,486 pvp kills Crip from the Sexy Time Slayers aka Leaps of Dreamz
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS Will you show Stam DKs some love?
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If DBoS didn’t exist, Stam DKs would still be good.

But it does exist and take flight is only marginally better than DBoS
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

• Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

This is absolutely true. I've been saying for a long time that DBoS should lose the stun (for several reasons but this is a big one)
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »

This is absolutely true. I've been saying for a long time that DBoS should lose the stun (for several reasons but this is a big one)

Well, I think I would still be my warden. Still better healing, sustain, and mobility. Sub assault still exist and I would try out that permanent frost ultimate (never used it) or bats. The thing is dragon knights have leap and they aren't anything special. Also I would just get back on my nightblade if above methods didn't work.
  • Ocelot9x
    Ocelot9x
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well,I made a post few pages ago about how stam dk is bad this patch but after this night I'm starting to feel better about him
    The reason? I've found and OP build but it needs further testings, 4 hours are still not enough but hell,I've missed the medium gameplay , tankyness and those sweets 14k take flight on my beloved main.
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »

Well, I think I would still be my warden. Still better healing, sustain, and mobility. Sub assault still exist and I would try out that permanent frost ultimate (never used it) or bats. The thing is dragon knights have leap and they aren't anything special. Also I would just get back on my nightblade if above methods didn't work.

Also I played on my fury seventh all block cost build and my reactive desert Rose builds last night. Tank some pugs. Killed some pugs. Honestly green dragon blood heals like a mother *** when you have 36 k health. But either I couldn't kill decent players or all I did was tank. That might be good for some guys but that's not what I personally want. I want my old Stam dk build back or at least a slight buff to come in line with wardens.
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭

Downbreaker should exist, in another way all other stamina will be without normal ultimate for pvp.
    But, yeah, Take flight should give something more that the same but without dot (good that even u get close gap with it).
    In most situations DB is better.
    Year ago stam dk was too strong, he should be balanced with others for sure, but not so much as they did it step by step during marrowind-clockwork patches.
    He have no anything unique now.
    Except another animations idk.
    He closed on weapon skills, his dots are purging as usual just after cast, no resourses, no own burst heal, no fast ultigen, no purge, no delayed in time damage, no capable skills like Grim focus or PoL, no own execute. Poor as hobo
    Ocelot9x wrote: »
    Well,I made a post few pages ago about how stam dk is bad this patch but after this night I'm starting to feel better about him
    The reason? I've found and OP build but it needs further testings, 4 hours are still not enough but hell,I've missed the medium gameplay , tankyness and those sweets 14k take flight on my beloved main.

I'm absolutly sure, that if gear from your op build wear to stamwarden, its efficiency will grow extremly.

If to say about Take flight ... 14k/4 = 3,5 - simple block.
    Only reasons when for u meet it into face without block can be cc from another player right at that time, or mistake when tired, cause of habit to dodge it when it was dodgeable.
    Or if u get so much inavoidable damage from different sourses, that it is no difference what it is.
    Its Epic, most epic looking skill as for me, my first created in aug 14 and main character (crafter now, he rests until some buff will come) is imperial dk because of it to be clear:) It was extremly fun to breath fire and flight to enemy with Dragon Leap, something unique, it was tasty.
    And it should give something more or much differ from Downbreaker to be interesting
    Edited by Anethum on December 30, 2017 6:27AM
    @Anethum from .ua
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭

Stamblades in heavy are really strong this patch. Defile is strong and stamblades have defile built in their incap.

What game are U playing?
    Reverb grunts the same defile and u can spam it much more easy than ult.
    Maybe u think, leeching strikes can diminish the luck of burst healing if u have no forward momentum against snares?
    Heavy makes him same hobo as stamdk.
    Draxys wrote: »

lol

What lol? Write arguments to be able "lol"
    Edited by Anethum on December 30, 2017 6:29AM
    @Anethum from .ua
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What game are U playing?
    Reverb grunts the same defile and u can spam it much more easy than ult.
    Maybe u think, leeching strikes can diminish the luck of burst healing if u have no forward momentum against snares?
    Heavy makes him same hobo as stamdk.
    Draxys wrote: »

lol

What lol? Write arguments to be able "lol"

With the fast pace of combat, there’s a big difference between a skill that just defiles, and a skill that has a ton of burst, debuff, and defiles as well.

Reverb is good, but it’s part of a much longer combo and therefore easier to outheal.

But if you were to say “what about durok’s bane That doesn’t take a GCD” then I’d agree with you 100%
    Edited by Thogard on December 30, 2017 6:36AM

• Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    With the fast pace of combat, there’s a big difference between a skill that just defiles, and a skill that has a ton of burst, debuff, and defiles as well.
    Reverb is good, but it’s part of a much longer combo and therefore easier to outheal.
    But if you were to say “what about durok’s bane That doesn’t take a GCD” then I’d agree with you 100%

Nice abour Durocs, absolutly agree:) Its hell to fight vs premades with one tank weared it + fasalia.
    But about reverb - really, its not long combo, it skips very nice, enemy even don't see it comes mostly.
    Spammable cc (good that at least this can be dodged or cloaked... Incap also), defile, some damage also.
    Every class can do both debuffs (pierce armor fracture..) with 1handed, then burst on 2handed. Easy.
    Nightblades in heavy not something special, just unusual
    Edited by Anethum on December 30, 2017 7:03AM
    @Anethum from .ua
This discussion has been closed.