The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Stam DK is Dead!

• ChildOfLight
    ChildOfLight
    ✭✭✭
    Screaming this for months. I thought there were no players left trying to competitively play stamDk in pvp.

Good points everyone, almost 100% agree.

Another one not underlined yet:

MagDK is absolutely better than stamDK in every field.
    There is no reason to decide to put those attribute points into Stamina.
    Call for any playstlye. MagDK beats StamDK everywhere.

And there is a big ESO streamer calling for : "I don't play stamDk in pvp, it's too easy"

funny boy.
    Edited by ChildOfLight on November 11, 2017 6:24PM
    PC EU

Ross Campano - Imperial Dragonknight - Tanks and steals stuff from barrels
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    I respecced my Stam DK into a full time PvE tank. With my Stam warden done, there is literally 0 reason to ever play Stam DK in PvE

Enjoy it for 3 months. I'm sure zos will overnerf it like they did stamdk.
  • Vanzen
    Vanzen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont know if stam DK are dead ...

The ones I see in Bg seem perfectly alive.

Unkillable beasts with insane burst.

Thers even sems to be a new trend.

Kajhit Stam DK
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vanzen wrote: »

Kajhit Stam DK

I feel targeted smh.

Perhaps I shouldn't.
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vanzen wrote: »

Kajhit Stam DK

-khajiit

-Unkillable insane burst

and you play a magDK while claiming this...

Im out of words.

you probably got facerolled by a PvE build or something.
    I would understand this coming from a newbie stamblade but a magDk... ridicilous.
    And you have the guts to talk about it?
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on November 11, 2017 8:35PM
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just started playing stam dk again It doesn't feel weak at all. I've played two builds one was 5 fury/5 legion/ 2 bloodspawn and the other was 5 legion/ 5 bone pirate/ 2 veli. Both felt really strong the fury/legion build hit like really hard. I'm thinking about running 5 impenetrable/ 5 legion/ 2 bloodspawn all sturdy so i never have to drop block.
  • Arthg
    Arthg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course stam DKs are "viable", or don't "feel weak" or whatever.
    If you're half competent you'll kill less competent players.

At equal skill level and equal class knowledge, however, stam DKs are below par.
    You'll only win with your A game and if your opponent makes a mistake.

If you want to aim for the top tier and be competitive open world - yeah, we're dead in the water.
    PC/EU. NoCP PvP. sDK Orc IRL. Flawless tamperor. Pro scrub.
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Arthg wrote: »

At equal skill level and equal class knowledge, however, stam DKs are below par.

If you want to aim for the top tier and be competitive open world - yeah, we're dead in the water.

It's not even equal skill level. The first class that isn't able to kill players is stamdk. Their burst is easily avoidable and isn't that strong if you attack them right due to them being forced to run 7th legion, WWH and/or fury.
    The second sentence sums up stamdk perfectly if the enemy does a mistake you have a chance of killing them if no well get ready to be zerged or fight till they run away and leave you behind crippled with snares, roots and cc's.
  • Barbaran
    Barbaran
    ✭✭✭✭
    fortified bradss medium=same or more then heavy resistance, pick a sustain set as 2nd 5 pc.
    full dsmage glyphs on jewelry.
    and ta da
  • Kr3do
    Kr3do
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valencer wrote: »
    Play a stamina warden. It does everything a stamina DK does, but better.

Stamina DK has been a joke since morrowind

Heres a message from Rich Lambert for you
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJpCuMuQ0r8
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    BohnT wrote: »
    Arthg wrote: »

It's not even equal skill level. The first class that isn't able to kill players is stamdk. Their burst is easily avoidable and isn't that strong if you attack them right due to them being forced to run 7th legion, WWH and/or fury.
    The second sentence sums up stamdk perfectly if the enemy does a mistake you have a chance of killing them if no well get ready to be zerged or fight till they run away and leave you behind crippled with snares, roots and cc's.

Nah, that goes to magplars.

Bad burst and lock down. At least some utility.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Screaming this for months. I thought there were no players left trying to competitively play stamDk in pvp.

And there is a big ESO streamer calling for : "I don't play stamDk in pvp, it's too easy"

funny boy.

MagDK is far better at group (SDK almost useless group wise) assuming anyone would a DK, since sorc/nb/warden out does it and a bit better in 1v1. Better dot pressure in 1v1s, healing and rooting.

StamDK is better solo/smallscale openworld. Much better actually. Since they are more tanky, have more damage (7th/fury, better leap, an execute, minor brutality) and better sustain (heavy attacks MDK can't use heavy for mag sustain running s/b, the use of asylums 2h for ulti=more regen)
    Edited by ak_pvp on November 12, 2017 3:45PM
    Best houseknight EU.
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stam DK isn’t bad. But they took the identity of stam DK as a tanky bruiser and gave all that plus more to warden. As it stands, there is no competitive advantage for DK vs any other stam spec in PvP.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • Motherball
    Motherball
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thought this was a necro thread or something.
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »

funny boy.

MagDK is far better at group (SDK almost useless group wise) assuming anyone would a DK, since sorc/nb/warden out does it and a bit better in 1v1. Better dot pressure in 1v1s, healing and rooting.

StamDK is better solo/smallscale openworld. Much better actually. Since they are more tanky, have more damage (7th/fury, better leap, an execute, minor brutality) and better sustain (heavy attacks MDK can't use heavy for mag sustain running s/b, the use of asylums 2h for ulti=more regen)

You haven't played stamdk in open world in the last 4 months right? Stamdk loses against magdk in every aspect of the game. Magdk even has better mobility due to access to mistform and has better damage with whip, ambers and talons + FoO.

On my magdk i can tank 2x the people i can tank on stamdk because of inhale, spiked armor hurts randoms enough to kill them with leap + whip and burning embers as my oh Sh*** heal.

• Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

funny boy.

You haven't played stamdk in open world in the last 4 months right? Stamdk loses against magdk in every aspect of the game. Magdk even has better mobility due to access to mistform and has better damage with whip, ambers and talons + FoO.

On my magdk i can tank 2x the people i can tank on stamdk because of inhale, spiked armor hurts randoms enough to kill them with leap + whip and burning embers as my oh Sh*** heal.

seriously tho... this is pretty much the case at the moment.
    Except end game pve where stamDK somehow shines, I really don't know how.
    guess dots are too good in pve.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on November 12, 2017 6:36PM
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

funny boy.

seriously tho... this is pretty much the case at the moment.
    Except end game pve where stamDK somehow shines, I really don't know how.
    guess dots are too good in pve.

I think the heavy attack buff helps in PvE too, but in PvP a Heavy is the easiest thing in the world to block.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

funny boy.

Ill admit I haven't played SDK in a while, when I did it was my MDK respec'd and was very strong. But a few things.

FOO is every 5s single target. Utterly useless in openworld. OK in 1v1, and usable in BGs. Whip and talons are great, but dizzy and the dots. Noxious and venomous deal quite a high amount of damage, though embers has a very strong heal. Burst in a 1vX is more important and in heavy stamDKs have it. Though MDK has very very high burst in light if built right, unfortunately not the same with stamDK and medium.

Mist is the worst ability I have seen in a good while. Suppressing healing/casting, regen and not being a good enough escape. (Gapclose snare, generally slow.) Forward momentum outclasses in every way, even though the burst heal is lacking,

Most streamers generally agree that magDK for 1vXs are gone. StamDK has 7th for damage and a bugged heal. And as I said an execute. StamDK scales so much better in 1vx situations with the ability to move better, burst better and maintain damage and resources.

This isn't to say that stamina DK isn't one of the worst classes in the PvP right now, being nerfed constantly and effectively replaced by wardens, just where SDK is better than mag.
    Best houseknight EU.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you are killing people on magDK with spiked armor, it's not because 300 damage per tick is so OP for magDK. :D
    Magdk even has better mobility due to access to mistform...

Rapids
    Quick Cloak
    Forward Momentum

None of which stops healing or stam regen and none of which require you to take extra damage at all times. Not to mention there are speed pots for stam (but not for magicka) that you can have 100% uptime on, a stam race with a speed bonus, and nothing prevents a stamDK from going vamp if they want access to mistform.

The reality there's no reason right now to pvp on DK, either stam or magicka, unless you want to tank. And even then, stamwarden does it much better.
    Edited by NBrookus on November 12, 2017 7:31PM
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I think about it I haven't been killed by a stamdk in ages. They used to be a real challenge for my templar in 1T.
    Now they are a non threat, especially the dizzying swing ones.
    Edited by Ariades_swe on November 12, 2017 7:37PM
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    If you are killing people on magDK with spiked armor, it's not because 300 damage per tick is so OP for magDK. :D

Rapids
    Quick Cloak
    Forward Momentum

None of which stops healing or stam regen and none of which require you to take extra damage at all times. Not to mention there are speed pots for stam (but not for magicka) that you can have 100% uptime on, a stam race with a speed bonus, and nothing prevents a stamDK from going vamp if they want access to mistform.

The reality there's no reason right now to pvp on DK, either stam or magicka, unless you want to tank. And even then, stamwarden does it much better.

The dot of spiked armor combined with the damage return is enough to kill plebs when you do leap + whip afterwards. You won't kill a good player with this but you won't 1vX good players in the first place.
    If you really think you can go dw on a stamdk you don't have any idea how to play it properly.
    Rapids costs 8k stam in heavy and is removed with your next skill. Forward Momentum helps against snares but you still lose your burst heal and roots ignore FM.
    Hm what could prevent a stamdk from using mistform? Is it the low magpool that you need for igneous to get major mending and sustain?
    No one uses speed potions when you need to sustain with tri pots as you need all 3 resources on stamdks.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

funny boy.

Ill admit I haven't played SDK in a while, when I did it was my MDK respec'd and was very strong. But a few things.

FOO is every 5s single target. Utterly useless in openworld. OK in 1v1, and usable in BGs. Whip and talons are great, but dizzy and the dots. Noxious and venomous deal quite a high amount of damage, though embers has a very strong heal. Burst in a 1vX is more important and in heavy stamDKs have it. Though MDK has very very high burst in light if built right, unfortunately not the same with stamDK and medium.

Mist is the worst ability I have seen in a good while. Suppressing healing/casting, regen and not being a good enough escape. (Gapclose snare, generally slow.) Forward momentum outclasses in every way, even though the burst heal is lacking,

Most streamers generally agree that magDK for 1vXs are gone. StamDK has 7th for damage and a bugged heal. And as I said an execute. StamDK scales so much better in 1vx situations with the ability to move better, burst better and maintain damage and resources.

This isn't to say that stamina DK isn't one of the worst classes in the PvP right now, being nerfed constantly and effectively replaced by wardens, just where SDK is better than mag.

in CWC my stamDk lost 400 WD just unbuffed.
    Wrath and maelstrom WD removal forced me to drop thief for warrior and Im still 200 WD short, with very low crit rates too.
    And taking forward momentum leaves you with literally no room for mistakes, because with only vigor as your heal you are pretty much doomed vs any kind of high burst build.

Well, that is true since wardens exist,
    tho mDK is still very strong on small scale fights,
    most of us don't even bother fighting with them because the counterplay to fighting a mDK is not fighting them.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on November 12, 2017 8:12PM
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

funny boy.

in CWC my stamDk lost 400 WD just unbuffed.
    Wrath and maelstrom WD removal forced me to drop thief for warrior and Im still 200 WD short, with very low crit rates too.
    And taking forward momentum leaves you with literally no room for mistakes, because with only vigor as your heal you are pretty much doomed vs any kind of high burst build.

Well, that is true since wardens exist,
    tho mDK is still very strong on small scale fights,
    most of us don't even bother fighting with them because the counterplay to fighting a mDK is not fighting them.

The wrath removal was stupid. Oh, we have a TTK issue, lets blanket nerf damage. The maelstrom loss is counteracted by the 2h asylum. More leaps, more sustain and damage.

The counterplay thing is true. MDK gets healing, damage and even sustain from fighting SDK gets weapon damage from being hit. The counterplay to DKs are to just walk away at a brisk pace, MDK won't catch you, and an SDK won't deal any damage.

Sad times.
    Best houseknight EU.
  • montjie
    montjie
    ✭✭✭

Rapids
    Quick Cloak
    Forward Momentum

No one uses speed potions when you need to sustain with tri pots as you need all 3 resources on stamdks.

I do
    I manage my mag just fine with ults. I do run shacklebreaker though so extra mag recov and a 2k max mag boost also help gheghe

Its strange to see people whine about stuff being overperforming and at the same time giving sdk slack for not having overperforming stuff (well exept the permblock thing i guess but any class can be almost as effective with that if build proper)..do you want op stuff or dont you, make ur your mind

Sure, stamdk isnt the most ez class to farm ap with (cause lets be honest thats all people care about) but its still doable.
    Edited by montjie on November 13, 2017 1:11PM
    - easy farmable saltbucket -
    - retired QQ king of Daggerfall Covenant PC-EU Azura's Star/Sotha Sil/weird dragon name/Ravenwatch zone chat -
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    StamDK in pvp is a joke currently. Every time i see one i think to myself: "Well the worst outcome of this is they manage to survive somehow".

That indicates a problem imo.

Skander wrote: »
    Argument: Stam dk easymode is over, maybe

Man if ppl would comment that on templar topics you´d go ballistic.
    We´re not talking about average joe stamDK - ppl that played the class since 1.6 or even before that are abandoning it bc it´s no longer competetive in pvp.
    Contrary to the position templar or mDK is in there are also no newbloods that can put up a good fight. Every stamDK i see simply gets stomped.

That's becouse magplar is not easymode. Not at all.
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • npuk
    npuk
    ✭✭✭
    Skoomah wrote: »
    DPS: Burst is too low to finish the kill.
    Mobility: Stam DK is the worst in the game.

Nope, mine can outrun a 60 speed mount without rapids and still have plenty in the tank for combat.
    The Sacrificial Warriors GMXbox One EU:18x CP Chars (2300+ CP)Xbox One NA: 3x CP Chars (800+ CP)Xbox One (alt) EU:5x CP Chars (1500+ CP)Xbox One (alt 2) EU:1x CP Chars (450+ CP)PC EU: 1x CP Char (400+ CP)
  • Victimize
    Victimize
    ✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    StamDK in pvp is a joke currently. Every time i see one i think to myself: "Well the worst outcome of this is they manage to survive somehow".

That indicates a problem imo.

Argument: Stam dk easymode is over, maybe

Man if ppl would comment that on templar topics you´d go ballistic.
    We´re not talking about average joe stamDK - ppl that played the class since 1.6 or even before that are abandoning it bc it´s no longer competetive in pvp.
    Contrary to the position templar or mDK is in there are also no newbloods that can put up a good fight. Every stamDK i see simply gets stomped.

That's becouse magplar is not easymode. Not at all.

Care to enlighten me on how stam dk is easy mode?
  • saiyan_84
    saiyan_84
    ✭✭✭
    i weep for my stamdk cause there is no reason to play it anymore.
    The Kelly Gang

Saiyan AD DK
    Nayias AD Warden
  • Marcomazzo
    StamDK is my main but im starting to play stamden too...
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see mainly magdks on EU now.
    Guess all stamdks rerolled.
This discussion has been closed.