The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Stam DK is Dead!

• Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Durham wrote: »
    And yet I see a crap ton of stamDKs in both pve and pvp.

They are re-rolling like I am doing atm .... There is no reason to run a DK atm unless you want to run the worthless tanking noobs build...

I just came back after 4 months..... when I left my DK was nerfed in the last 4 major patches but I still very competitive ... Now an equal skilled Stamplar or Stam Warden will kill me ... I have tried various builds some of them are medium armor ...

The main problem is now Im out healed ... No mobility .... Stamden and Stam Warden can simply just out burst me ....

oh no! you mean now you can be killed by other classes????

the audacity!

''Now an equal skilled Stamplar or Stam Warden will kill me''

Read what he said again, slowly and try to also understand whats meant while reading it.
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    If you take away their poison claw there's going to be a lot of stamDK FOM DPS PVErs showing up with pitchforks and torches, lol.

I think stam dk has always lacked a good spammable. Whether that should be a morph of flame lash or anything else is debatable, but from my experience at least I don't like dizzying swing/wrecking blow spamming, too easy for them to see coming and get out of the way.

No they wouldn't, because subterranean accounts for more than twice as much DPS as the claw. Wardens, however, would be pretty pissed because then neither stam nor magicka would ever be viable as DPS.
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And yet I see a crap ton of stamDKs in both pve and pvp.

They are re-rolling like I am doing atm .... There is no reason to run a DK atm unless you want to run the worthless tanking noobs build...

I just came back after 4 months..... when I left my DK was nerfed in the last 4 major patches but I still very competitive ... Now an equal skilled Stamplar or Stam Warden will kill me ... I have tried various builds some of them are medium armor ...

The main problem is now Im out healed ... No mobility .... Stamden and Stam Warden can simply just out burst me ....

oh no! you mean now you can be killed by other classes????

the audacity!

No I'm saying a player on my skill level playing a Warden has an distinct advantage over me ... How is that audacity... Its the mechanics of the class.. Dots vs. Burst .. I still play my DK sir.. like most people here i have all the classes ... My DK is my highest rank at 48 .. My favorite toon because I have played him the most ... but he would get curb stomped by my stam warden ...
    Edited by Durham on November 18, 2017 5:53AM
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Jpk0012
    Jpk0012
    ✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Until it's not dead in PVE nobody cares and it performs there just fine so don't bother yourself with creating threads like this because people who have never played stamdk or played it casually will tell you it is still an okay class.
    It's still an okay class if you wanna go a full *** tank mode with zero damage output while holding block though.
    Fits some people playstyle who pretend to "pvp".

There is basically no point to keep playing it when you can perform with the same gear better on any other stamina class.
    Before trolls will go back with their awesome arguments I can tell you that my main is a stamina dk for almost 4 years and still is + I have played every other class to see the crazy difference, so maybe instead of making poor arguments go play stamdk for sometime and realize that It's just not fun anymore. Overall stamdk is the worst right now pvp wise.

Good point. In PvE (at least when it comes to DPS), stamina DK is #1 when it comes to single target DPS. And @BohnT gives a good explanation on how stamDK´s are in PvP. The difficult thing comes for ZOS to make the balancechanges. How do you buff a class for PvP without making it even stronger for PvE??

Let´s be real people, it´s not an easy task for ZOS

Let's be real. They make a truck-load of money, so "that's not an easy task" just doesn't fly.
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will make another statement the magicka DK is in a better spot then the stam dk
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Having not used one, while facing them, this definitely seems to be the case (from my dueling experience)
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    omg, you guys cry more than sorcs!
    Maybe stamdk isn't in a great place but nb's weren't in a great place for over 50% of the games lifetime...
    I don't even know if stamplar has EVER been in a good place lol

You guys say you can't permablock without realizing it's not and never was supposed to be a thing! The point of blocking is to "block when you need to, and not when you don't!"
    Stop crying about not being able to permablock & losing based on that fact.

That statement about "oh the amount of damage I take through block is more than my healing", that's just plain false the majority of the time!
    When it is true it's either a) your build sucks, or b) your opponent built for max damage & has 0 survivability, sustainability, or healing themselves! Take advantage of that fact!

You shouldn't compare a broken class like warden with dk because warden is going to get nerfed anyways. Instead compare with stamplar or stamsorc who are also in the dumps right now & you'll see that things are semi balanced but still in need of a few changes.
    Work on your builds & adapt, GLHF
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @kaithuzar , while I'm not a stamplar main I'd say that stamplars are in a relatively good spot right now. Medium armor stamplar isn't exactly changed with the CWC patch and still has some quite potent builds out there.

I think stamDK has some viable options, but feels forced out of heavy armor from a mobility perspective or crutches hard on lingering health/expedition pots, LOS, and hoping you don't get caught in the open by another stamina class (or anyone, for that matter).
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Ocelot9x
    Ocelot9x
    ✭✭✭✭
    Today PvP:
    Me and the team (2 to 4 people) start doing PvP.
    After we get wiped by a 15ish man zerg my guildies asked me to take my stamwarden snn
    kaithuzar wrote: »
    Maybe stamdk isn't in a great place but nb's weren't in a great place for over 50% of the games lifetime...

You guys say you can't permablock without realizing it's not and never was supposed to be a thing! The point of blocking is to "block when you need to, and not when you don't!"

That statement about "oh the amount of damage I take through block is more than my healing", that's just plain false the majority of the time!
    When it is true it's either a) your build sucks, or b) your opponent built for max damage & has 0 survivability, sustainability, or healing themselves! Take advantage of that fact!

You shouldn't compare a broken class like warden with dk because warden is going to get nerfed anyways. Instead compare with stamplar or stamsorc who are also in the dumps right now & you'll see that things are semi balanced but still in need of a few changes.

Dude,if I compare stamplar and stamsorc to my dk I see:
    Stamplar:
    no reliable spammable(they have jbs)
    No reliable burst(they have potl)
    No snare removal (they can purge dots)
    No utility for the group (aoe purge, calling target with potl,aoe healing ult)

Stamsorc:
    Less sustain (they have better passives+dark deal)
    Less mobility (they have expedition+streak)
    Less utility for the group (aoe snare,3rd bar for caltrops, NEGATE)

Thats what I see.
    Dks are a weapon based class+take flight
    Edited by Ocelot9x on December 24, 2017 2:06AM
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You have no idea what you are talking about. Stamplar/Stamsorc don't might be on the top of the food chain but they are still decent.
    Stamnb is very strong since IC patch and was never bad in between due to their own class abilities.
    Stamdk always relied on weapon skills to do anything while mixing in 2-3 class skills.
    Do you know why stamdk are playing with perma block? Because they have no defense outside of that.
    Wings are too expensive, healing got nerfed with major mending reduction and nerf to ulti passives. Sustain got nerfed to the ground. No access to mobility.
    How are you supposed to be a tank when you have worse healing than most other classes and can't defend yourself other than blocking.
    As a DK you eat all the damage which can be avoided on the other classes because the enemy can't attack you in the first place due to: you're mobility with hurricane and streak/ cloak & shade/ purge/ shimmering shield & trees + mushrooms.
    Stamdk never had good defence outside of blocking and proper healing.

• Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Having not used one, while facing them, this definitely seems to be the case (from my dueling experience)

Magdk was also very strong in duels, this has been the case for a very long time. It's just that stamdk is getting shittier and shittier with every patch... :(
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

They have always been better in duels, I'd even say that against all but a magplar/cheesesorc they are the best. The ST damage and CC they can force is massive. Unfortunately that is really only due to the single target and limited space that translates badly to openworld.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    (stamDK) can be the most dominant class in PvE (best single target DPS in the game

How so? DW w/ bow backbar? Which class skills are mixed in?

Venom Claw, Noxious Breath, Flames of Oblivion, Standard of Might and Molten Armaments. And Stam DKs have the best sustain in PvE. And the most brain dead rotation possible. And they still pull more DPS than a Stamblade who has to bust his arse to not screw up his rotation while doing mechanics.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Izaki wrote: »
    (stamDK) can be the most dominant class in PvE (best single target DPS in the game

Venom Claw, Noxious Breath, Flames of Oblivion, Standard of Might and Molten Armaments. And Stam DKs have the best sustain in PvE. And the most brain dead rotation possible. And they still pull more DPS than a Stamblade who has to bust his arse to not screw up his rotation while doing mechanics.

You two need to stop talking about PvE
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Izaki wrote: »

This is the PvP section of forums. learn to read before posting here. seriously. there are shittons of stamDk pve guides out there, go read them.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on December 24, 2017 8:50PM
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    These forums are AIDS. Nothing stays constructive. Always degenerated into garbage. Focus on pvp responses please.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried to PvP using a StamDK yesterday, and damn it felt awkward. I thought MagDK’s have bad mobility, but sheesh. StamDK mobility is atrocious. Seems like I’ll be sticking to MagDK for PvP, as StamDK is way too clunky. :s
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skoomah wrote: »
    These forums are AIDS. Nothing stays constructive. Always degenerated into garbage. Focus on pvp responses please.

Players with brain knows that stam dk is dead in pvp, dont even bother explaining to them mate .
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    amir412 wrote: »

Players with brain knows that stam dk is dead in pvp, dont even bother explaining to them mate .

Sad thing is that it was a series of slow nerfs to everything it relied on, such as block so people still remember the permablock tank zerg DKs. And whilst they are decent for 1vx (Not as DKs, but because of FM, 7th etc.), they are bottom tier for duels, groups etc.
    Best houseknight EU.
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »

Sad thing is that it was a series of slow nerfs to everything it relied on, such as block so people still remember the permablock tank zerg DKs. And whilst they are decent for 1vx (Not as DKs, but because of FM, 7th etc.), they are bottom tier for duels, groups etc.

You know whats the funny part?
    Those guys who pretend to pvp with those perma block gameplay, remained untouched through this series of nerfs.
    Meanwhile the players who played StamDK in any other game style, got nerfed to the ground.
    I really cant find anything unique about this class anymore.
    Edited by amir412 on December 25, 2017 2:47PM

• ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Those guys who pretend to pvp with those perma block gameplay, remained untouched through this series of nerfs.
    Meanwhile the players who played StamDK in any other game style, got nerfed to the ground.

Before warden the playstyle was decently unique. Eat damage, beef up ult, let it all go bezerker style. Now warden can go faster, hit more often and harder, tank and sustain better, AND provides group help.
    Best houseknight EU.
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Before warden the playstyle was decently unique. Eat damage, beef up ult, let it all go bezerker style. Now warden can go faster, hit more often and harder, tank and sustain better, AND provides group help.

Exactly, also i think all this nerfs ment to make warden the only "hold the ground" class viable.
    After all, its the only class that has decent self heal, so they can still do what stam dk did last patch, just way better.

• crusnik91
    crusnik91
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »
    I tried to PvP using a StamDK yesterday, and damn it felt awkward. I thought MagDK’s have bad mobility, but sheesh. StamDK mobility is atrocious. Seems like I’ll be sticking to MagDK for PvP, as StamDK is way too clunky. :s

It really depends on how u build ur dk. To say StamDK mobility is atrocious is just too wrong. I will link u a video to show u how I escape & outrun 20 players

Skip to 9:40
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dXLMZBSl0I&t=580s
    Edited by crusnik91 on December 25, 2017 7:01PM
    YT channel(Guides/Builds/gameplay)
    ~ Crescent Jayren Gaming ~

Glorious EP
    Jayren - V16 MagBlade AR30
    Crescent J'renz - V16 StamBlade AR46
    Crescent Lucrecia - V16 MagSorc AR32
    Courageous DC
    Crescent Sephiroth - V16 StamDK AR50
    Crescent Singu-rarity - V16 MagTemplar AR33
    Relentless AD
    Crescent the Tiny - V16 StamSorc AR10
    Crescent-The-Huge-One - V16 MagWarden AR18
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ocelot9x wrote: »
    Today PvP:
    After we get wiped by a 15ish man zerg my guildies asked me to take my stamwarden snn

Stamplar:

Stamsorc:

Thats what I see.
    - Jabs
    - Reliable
    Pick one.
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tplink3r1 wrote: »
    Today PvP:

Stamplar:

Stamsorc:

Thats what I see.
    - Jabs
    - Reliable
    Pick one.

What would you say it’s less reliable than?

Jabs are extremely reliable... it’s a conal attack and can hit dodge rollers and stealthed NBs....

It’ll hit people that weapon skills won’t.

But if you are new to the game and don’t know how to aim then yeah I can see how it would be frustrating.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

• grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tplink3r1 wrote: »
    Today PvP:

Stamplar:

Stamsorc:

Thats what I see.
    - Jabs
    - Reliable
    Pick one.

Definitely more reliable than dizzy swing.
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    crusnik91 wrote: »

It really depends on how u build ur dk. To say StamDK mobility is atrocious is just too wrong. I will link u a video to show u how I escape & outrun 20 players

Mate i really appreciate u as a player from knowing u long time, but what u showing is a StamDK using immov speed pots.
    So i have to rely on pots to make it work? what about duels, where this stuff is consider as "no honored"?
    Edited by amir412 on December 25, 2017 9:05PM

• Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Mate i really appreciate u as a player from knowing u long time, but what u showing is a StamDK using immov speed pots.
    So i have to rely on pots to make it work? what about duels, where this stuff is consider as "no honored"?

Wear Blessed+Knight Slayer :lol:
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah but where’s the root and snare immunity

You going to run forward momentum on a Stam DK? GL with that.

• Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There's only a handful of Stam DKs left and they are the top tier pvpers. You don't see new comers and middle tier Stam DKs out there.
This discussion has been closed.