Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Game Director Letter: ESO in 2017 and Beyond"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official nugget thread for the blog article Game Director Letter: ESO in 2017 and Beyond. Check out this blog from Game Director Matt Firor to review ESO's past year, and look ahead to what is next.

hero_pdt_6_nuggets_no_sauce.png
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Housing storage and possibly transmogrification? That's a home run if I've ever seen one.

Can't wait!
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    giphy.gif

Don't mind if I do! :)
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice! Q1 sounds pretty awesome and that's not even the Chapter.

Thanks for the great year and really looking forward to the next one! :smile:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • G1Countdown
    G1Countdown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But, but the 2018 nuggets were so little. Can we have a meatier nugget?
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah!

Housing storage and transmog - sounds like a home run to me!
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But, but the 2018 nuggets were so little. Can we have a meatier nugget?

There is a big nugget in there it's this one;
    Homestead storage items I talked about earlier.

My bank, needs additional storage so badly. Extra storage can't come any faster.
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huh. Dungeon DLC in Q1. And with a Nord theme again.

Still, housing storage and transmog are very very welcome additions.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, hopefully transmog system will be awesome.
    Pts exact date?
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oo, dragon bones. Spooky.

More dungeons are always welcome. So is housing storage! Looking forward to both and whatever else may be coming.

(Blink twice if Murkmire isn't completely deceased)
  • alceleniel
    alceleniel
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks ZOS for a great year, Morrowind and Clockwork City were really amazing and I had so much fun. I am looking forward to 2018 especially with your hints of the new features. Keep up the good work, you passion for the game and I wish you all happy holidays.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Transmorg was expected--they said earlier in the year that it was in the works with no ETA, and datamining found transmorg UI strings in the game's data.

Housing storage was unexpected--I think everyone had given up on it by this point.

The dungeons were unexpected, too. I think people were under the impression that this Q1 update would be a QoL update like last year's Homestead with no new content.

So I'm surprised. Pleasantly so.

HYPE!
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wait and see
    get me some tea
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This all sounds very appealing.
    But reading the 'Looking forward to 2018' section word by word, let's me assume that there will be no balance/combat changes at all in the coming update ? ? :neutral:
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    The dungeons were unexpected, too. I think people were under the impression that this Q1 update would be a QoL update like last year's Homestead with no new content.

It was expected, since zos already said about how updates structure will go during Morrowind.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Dracane wrote: »
    This all sounds very appealing.
    But reading the 'Looking forward to 2018' section word by word, let's me assume that there will be no balance/combat changes at all in the coming update ? ? :neutral:

There will be. Take a look at some previous combat updates we've posted to get an idea of what's planned:

December
    November
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    21jbni.jpg
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the official nugget thread for the blog article Game Director Letter: ESO in 2017 and Beyond. Check out this blog from Game Director Matt Firor to review ESO's past year, and look ahead to what is next.

Gina you are amazing! Thanks Firor for the sneak peak!

So Gina... this means more of the "funny guy" on "the show" right? :wink:
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Vanthras79 wrote: »

Gina you are amazing! Thanks Firor for the sneak peak!

So Gina... this means more of the "funny guy" on "the show" right? :wink:

Unfortunately.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Fortunatto
    Fortunatto
    ✭✭✭
    Nords, again... When are we going to get at least something for AD : / AD need some love too.
    But transmog - yess, been waiting for this for a long time, cant wait to see how this would be implemented.
    Thank you for the great year, looking forward for more to come ♡
    | Immortal Redeemer | Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Tick-Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart | Unchained | Dawnbringer | Godslayer | PC EU
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *dances* traaaansmoooooog!
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • ej149m
    ej149m
    Soul Shriven
    @ZOS_GinaBruno can we assume another increase in cp cap? Need to know if i need to keep grinding more
  • joaaocaampos
    joaaocaampos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ej149m wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno can we assume another increase in cp cap? Need to know if i need to keep grinding more

Probably, the CP cap will increase to 720 (+30; +10 for each constellation).

You dont need to keep grinding more. You just need to play the new content.
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Homestead storage items". This sounds like recipe or most likely furniture drops, which IMHO depending on the drop rates, and were they drop from could well be a long additional grind (like the Buoyant Armiger motifs).
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm so happy for the new dungeons! I thought I will have to wait for the new ones till the second half of next year but no! Hurray! Also really hyped for the transmog.

Thank you for these awesome news.
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So will there be two dungeon DLCs this year or is it just one dungeon DLC with two dungeons?
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very exciting news indeed!!

I do hope that there will be a feature to display our items that we got from adventures in our home.

Like those items that came from finishing important quests or from errr -stealing-. There's lots of very interesting ES artifacts that I would just love to show and be proud of in my home. Instead of keeping them in pockets & bank.

Edited by maboleth on December 22, 2017 4:18PM
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does housing storage increase our furnishing item slots, or is housing storage going to function more like 'back-pack' spaces, OR both?? I ask because 'housing storage' is a term many players use when talking about the number of items we can place in our homes ... while other players use the same term to describe a place to put armor, weapons, etc.,. :/
    Edited by Maryal on December 22, 2017 4:28PM
  • lygerseye
    lygerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My house next year...

8EXxg
    Edited by lygerseye on December 22, 2017 4:39PM
  • Aionna
    Aionna
    ✭✭✭
    Super excited about transmog and homestead storage <3 ! Didn't expect dungeons, it is a lovely surprise.

Hope to see more in-game events.For example, a homestead one!

• Hymzir
    Hymzir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well color me unimpressed. I guess that was something, but... Nah, not really. Just a lot of self-congratulatory spiel about how good a year ZOS has had and very little of anything of substance as to where ESO is heading towards next.

Besides, I already knew that transmog was coming, and am not as thrilled about that as others seem to be. I will still be using costumes to hide most armor I wear, since almost all of them have grotesquely ugly groin flaps (or as I've started to refer to them - *** sheets) and ridiculous hip flaps. So since my options are ugly armor style or another ugly armor style, I might as well use the few tried and true costumes that do no make me cringe every time I play the game.

Also.. could you maybe limit a bit the enormous size of pauldrons in the game... There are way too many styles that have ridiculously huge pauldrons.

As for storage in houses... Cool... I guess. But I fail to see why I should be excited about it. It wont make swapping stuff between characters any easier. More space is of course more space, but I don't really have a space issue as far as storing stuff goes. Most of my characters have fully upgraded bag space, and as an ESO+ member I have more than enough bank space for my needs. Plus all the crafting crud goes to the crafting bag.

What I would've really wanted to see, is the ability to place our characters as service type furnishing in our homes. They would just stand in what ever spot you placed them, have the appearance of whatever they had on when you placed them and would go through random idles based on what personality they have assigned. You could interact with them, and swap stuff from one inventory to another. And it'd be cool for your different characters to be able to "meet."

Having that sortta feature added to the game would make inventory management a lot less of a chore. Having storage in your house means that you just have an additional bank where you can store more stuff. You still need to log off from the character that did the deposit, and log onto the character that you actually want to use the item. Whether I do that at one of my houses, or in whatever bank happens to be nearest, is pretty much the same as far as I am concerned. Though hoarders and pack rats will be happy enough with it, I suppose.

I really was hoping that the quarter 1 update would be a massive quality of life thing, with special care given to freshen up PvP, and improve several aspects of the game to rely less on RNG and be more rewarding and fun to do. But instead of that, we get two more dungeons. *** hum. I guess I'll run through them once at some point like I did with the other DLC dungeons. I really can't see the lure of repeating the same content over and over and over again. But I know that it is a thing for some, and if the majority of players like that kinda stuff then... Good for them I suppose. But for me, it seems that once I run through CWC during the holidays, I will be placing this game on hold till the next chapter rolls along.

PVP is pretty much a zerg fest and has lost all its appeal, Battlegrounds are full of unkillable tar-pit builds and every other activity is just a soulless grind fest and time waste. But I suppose if doing dungeons is your thing then you have a reason to be happy.

All in all, a rather disappointing offering. I really would've wanted to have a proper road ahead kinda article. One that talks about the state of game, areas that need improving, and what the overall vision is going to be, and a clearer outline as to what to expect next year. This one was mostly about boasting about what a great year ESO has had. - Which I kinda find an arguable point. The year had it's ups and downs, was mostly okay, but the game has a lot of really glaring issues right now, and there are several aspects that are in a dire need of overhauling. As it stands, this article just didn't give me much of anything to look for, and as such, I find my interests flowing towards other things.