Official Discussion Thread for "Game Director Letter: ESO in 2017 and Beyond"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official nugget thread for the blog article Game Director Letter: ESO in 2017 and Beyond. Check out this blog from Game Director Matt Firor to review ESO's past year, and look ahead to what is next.

hero_pdt_6_nuggets_no_sauce.png
Gina Bruno
ESO Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But, but the 2018 nuggets were so little. Can we have a meatier nugget?

There is a big nugget in there it's this one;
    Homestead storage items I talked about earlier.

My bank, needs additional storage so badly. Extra storage can't come any faster.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well, hopefully transmog system will be awesome.
    Pts exact date?
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oo, dragon bones. Spooky.

More dungeons are always welcome. So is housing storage! Looking forward to both and whatever else may be coming.

(Blink twice if Murkmire isn't completely deceased)
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wait and see
    get me some tea
    Fear not, for I am watchful. You have been chosen.
    Azura, the Daedric Prince of Moonshadow, Mother of the Rose, and Queen of the Night Sky

Hail to Sithis, blood's drop on blade's edge.
    Before you, nothing. Behind you, the Void.
    Catalyst, agitator, many-fanged maw.
    Whisper your need to the Scales.
    — Inscription found on an Argonian blade
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This all sounds very appealing.
    But reading the 'Looking forward to 2018' section word by word, let's me assume that there will be no balance/combat changes at all in the coming update ? ? :neutral:
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    The dungeons were unexpected, too. I think people were under the impression that this Q1 update would be a QoL update like last year's Homestead with no new content.

It was expected, since zos already said about how updates structure will go during Morrowind.
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the official nugget thread for the blog article Game Director Letter: ESO in 2017 and Beyond. Check out this blog from Game Director Matt Firor to review ESO's past year, and look ahead to what is next.

hero_pdt_6_nuggets_no_sauce.png

Gina you are amazing! Thanks Firor for the sneak peak!

So Gina... this means more of the "funny guy" on "the show" right? :wink:
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Resident of Wayrest, and Lord of Tel Galen.

• Fortunatto
    Fortunatto
    ✭✭✭
    Nords, again... When are we going to get at least something for AD : / AD need some love too.
    But transmog - yess, been waiting for this for a long time, cant wait to see how this would be implemented.
    Thank you for the great year, looking forward for more to come ♡
    | Immortal Redeemer | Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Tick-Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart | Unchained
    Noralin Direnni | magDK ♡| altmer | DC
    Inkantro Angalaloria | magWarden | altmer | AD
    PC EU
  • ej149m
    ej149m
    Soul Shriven
    @ZOS_GinaBruno can we assume another increase in cp cap? Need to know if i need to keep grinding more
  • joaaocaampos
    joaaocaampos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ej149m wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno can we assume another increase in cp cap? Need to know if i need to keep grinding more

Probably, the CP cap will increase to 720 (+30; +10 for each constellation).

You dont need to keep grinding more. You just need to play the new content.
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Homestead storage items". This sounds like recipe or most likely furniture drops, which IMHO depending on the drop rates, and were they drop from could well be a long additional grind (like the Buoyant Armiger motifs).
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm so happy for the new dungeons! I thought I will have to wait for the new ones till the second half of next year but no! Hurray! Also really hyped for the transmog.

Thank you for these awesome news.
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So will there be two dungeon DLCs this year or is it just one dungeon DLC with two dungeons?
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Resident of Wayrest, and Lord of Tel Galen.

• maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very exciting news indeed!!

I do hope that there will be a feature to display our items that we got from adventures in our home.

Like those items that came from finishing important quests or from errr -stealing-. There's lots of very interesting ES artifacts that I would just love to show and be proud of in my home. Instead of keeping them in pockets & bank.

Edited by maboleth on December 22, 2017 4:18PM
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does housing storage increase our furnishing item slots, or is housing storage going to function more like 'back-pack' spaces, OR both?? I ask because 'housing storage' is a term many players use when talking about the number of items we can place in our homes ... while other players use the same term to describe a place to put armor, weapons, etc.,. :/
    Edited by Maryal on December 22, 2017 4:28PM
  • lygerseye
    lygerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My house next year...

8EXxg
    Edited by lygerseye on December 22, 2017 4:39PM
  • Aionna
    Aionna
    ✭✭✭
    Super excited about transmog and homestead storage <3 ! Didn't expect dungeons, it is a lovely surprise.

Hope to see more in-game events.For example, a homestead one!