Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

NB is now top dog and is op.

Micah_Bayer
Micah_Bayer
✭✭✭✭✭
Nuff said.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    c2he35Kh.jpg
  • SpiderCultist
    SpiderCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stamina or magicka?

PC | EU
    Ashlander and Mephala worshipper.
    "You are just another breed of domestic animal, grazing stupidly while higher beings plot your slaughter."
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag, and yes
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • SpiderCultist
    SpiderCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag, and yes

Magicka?
    I have dusted off my mNB many times (he's been my main these past 3 years) and have not seen anything special: I die as often as before and cannot kill as much as I'd like to. Running Maiden + Lich + Skoria atm.
    PC | EU
    "You are just another breed of domestic animal, grazing stupidly while higher beings plot your slaughter."
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess its because some say Merciless Resolve (not relentless focus) is hitting too hard.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag, and yes

Magicka?
    I have dusted off my mNB many times (he's been my main these past 3 years) and have not seen anything special: I die as often as before and cannot kill as much as I'd like to. Running Maiden + Lich + Skoria atm.

D Clench/reach, Incap, will, skoria, swallow

Insane healing

Haven't seen anyone run that set up in like a year though (yours)

It's usually like Riposte, Skoria and a DMG set
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    To bite or not to bite, that is the question?

NB is one of the easiest to kill if you can avoid the initial burst. 2 squish.

That said there are a few infuriating mechanics that have to be dealt with when fighting them. I.e. fear can't be broken straight away. Cloaking whilst in a root. (I know you are there, you know you are there.) and not NB exclusive, eternal hunt ignoring root immunity. And why don't ST dots tick in cloak?
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • SpiderCultist
    SpiderCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag, and yes

Magicka?

Insane healing

I'd rather pick HA over Riposte anytime. And where's your sustain?
    PC | EU
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My friend in Riposte/Trans/Skoria becomes stupidly survivable when he gets into the low health range, anyone who says Riposte is dumb on mageblade needs to try it out. Riposte also greatly helps out your group.

I love mageblade but they are def not top dog
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag, and yes

Magicka?

Insane healing

Lexxypwns wrote: »
    Trashs1 wrote: »
    trans+wizards+ skoria?? how do u do dmg with 2 defensive sets? @Lexxypwns

Well, at any given time I've got path, cripple, and funnel DoTs ticking and you're getting hit with a light attack every second an an assassin's will every 6 or less seconds. I actually absolutely melt people with the pressure, if all my DoTs tick + light attack + skoria + will that's like 18k+ damage hitting you at once, without an ultimate.

Furthermore, the tankiness means my offensive burst window is always open, I stop being offensive for long enough to refresh my buffs and cast 1 healing ward, but even then you're weaving and proc'ing the bow.

Mageblade has so much pressure and burst when played properly that you don't even need skoria in this setup tbh.

I always laugh at the mageblades stacking all damage because it's really not needed when you're staying aggressive and maintaining your pressure.

I 1vX in this setup EZ and it's got the group support to carry pugs in a BG

1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Stoopid_Nwah
    Stoopid_Nwah
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have to agree, magnb is pretty strong when played well, but I just don't tend to run into many who know what they're doing lol. I'd say I find most magnbs in pvp are bombers or are running necro and shield stacking. I play both stam and mag in pvp and while stam definitely has the in and out burst style I enjoy, my magnb can take a beating in all light armour without shields just because of how insane their healing is. All in all though, I'd say top dog in cyro goes to stamdens.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to agree, magnb is pretty strong when played well, but I just don't tend to run into many who know what they're doing lol. I'd say I find most magnbs in pvp are bombers or are running necro and shield stacking. I play both stam and mag in pvp and while stam definitely has the in and out burst style I enjoy, my magnb can take a beating in all light armour without shields just because of how insane their healing is. All in all though, I'd say top dog in cyro goes to stamdens.

On Xbox, haven't ran into anyone as good as @Lexxypwns I know they exist, just very rare
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think magblade is 3rd best 1v1 behind magdk and stam warden. Overall though stam warden is definitely top dog in pvp.
    Mag, and yes

Magicka?

Insane healing

That's plenty of sustain. I run a dark elf, riposte/maiden/skoria and even 1vX i early run out of magicka with drain, siphoning attacks and potions. 1v1 I'll never run out of magicka with this set up
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly all classes can do very well if the player using it is good enough.

1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So can we officially state mag sorc is NOT OP?
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am? Hmmm.... someone needs to pass this most important message on to all the other classes I play against in Cyrodiil ... because, as of last night, they were clueless.

• Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So can we officially state mag sorc is NOT OP?

They aren't op. But they are very easy to pick up and do great vs bad players.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mag, and yes

Magicka?

Insane healing

Trans >>>> Riposte imo.

@HEBREWHAMMERRR is a better mageblade than me for sure. I think we run the exact same build though
    Edited by Lexxypwns on October 28, 2017 9:13PM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nuff said.

we nightblades die very very easy. and pull us out of stealth is also very easy.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nuff said.

we nightblades die very very easy. and pull us out of stealth is also very easy.

I don't think most NBs use cloak anymore
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag, and yes

Magicka?

I am assuming you are in PvP because those sets would be bad in PvE. War Mainden only affects magicka damage leaving WoE weaker and it is a hard hitting dot otherwise. Lich is all about regen, only one slot has anything contributing to damage.
  • Speed_Kills
    Speed_Kills
    ✭✭✭
    Nb, both mag and Stam are very strong (and have been for a few patches). I agree that they are top tier along with Stamdens in duels; however, they can be outplayed. I would say OP might be pushing it a bit, but they are strong against almost any spec 1v1.
    Some say speed kills, I hope to be proof of that.

Main- Speed Kills Nord Stamina Sorcerer
    +11 alts (every class, mag+stam)
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    xD
    PC EU
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag, and yes

Magicka?

If someone just dusts off a character occasionally, they will not be fully aware or experienced what it can and can't do, how changes have impacted gameplay from patch to patch, and reach its potential.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nuff said.

Only Stam NBs use Cloak nowadays, because they don't have the massive healing capabilities of a Magblade.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dueled a stamblade today, ping spiked up to 999+ during the fight. Still won.

Ran into a few in Cyrodil later on. They also died.

Stam Sorc eats Nightblades for breakfast.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait are we over mag sorc is op?
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sixty5 wrote: »

And even Stamplar
    PC EU
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Izaki wrote: »
    Nuff said.

Only Stam NBs use Cloak nowadays, because they don't have the massive healing capabilities of a Magblade.

I use cloak on my magblade to avoid CCs, get to line of sight, and to make sure i get my healing ward heal. I still need to use cloak because i don't run double defensive sets
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sixty5 wrote: »

And even Stamplar

Should be called a snareplar tbh.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds