Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Any decent MAGICKA NB builds around at the moment?

Bam_Bam
Bam_Bam
✭✭✭✭✭
Actually - is there a 'meta' Magicka NB build? - I'd like to try and tweak a solid Mag NB build to make it a bit more personal.
Joined January 2014
PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
Lims Kragm'a
Bam Bam Bara
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure there is one really for PvP. The majority I see though run Destro (Fire)/Resto.

My suggestions would be:

Survival - Destro/Resto
    Transmutation/Wizards Reposte/Skoria

Gank - Destro/Resto
    Clever Alchemist/Elegant (maybe something better out there)/1 Kena

Bomb - DW/Destro
    Clever Alchemist/Vicious Death/Grothdarr
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solo/small scale - destro/resto
    War maiden/lich/skoria-skeleton
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My build isn't the best but it's mine.
    2 grothdar, 5 scathing, 5 wizard riposte
    Crushing shock, sap, healing bats
    Meteor, agony
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The 'meta' mageblade builds are 5/5/2 destro/resto+undaunted. The meta set options are all sets where the benefit can be gained on one bar and be carried over OR front bar offensive sets: trans, riposte, lich, maiden, alchemist, julianos and a few others. For undaunted imo, skoria>Bloodspawn>everything else. But for group play I basically never bother with skoria, instead using bloodspawn or troll king if nobody else is proc'ing it.

Imo. you know you want 5 light, you know you want destro/resto and you know you want an undaunted 2pc. The goal is to invest as little as necessary to have perfect stam and magika sustain as well as survivability you're comfortable with. At that point you'll address damage.
    Not sure there is one really for PvP. The majority I see though run Destro (Fire)/Resto.

My suggestions would be:

Survival - Destro/Resto

Gank - Destro/Resto

Bomb - DW/Destro

I really like trans/riposte/skoria
    SanTii.92 wrote: »

Another solid setup although I found my survivability lacking on the skoria variant and went trans instead of lich.

I haven't tested skelly, is the protection worth the lost healing as far as replacing Bloodspawn or troll king as your survivability choice?

Edited by Lexxypwns on September 3, 2017 4:25AM
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome replies all! Thank you very much!

Wizards reposte is looking interesting for sure and I've got some nice jewellry pieces and weaps. Surprised to see Transmutation up there - I thought this set had been nerfed to death - nice to see an ol' faithful set resurrected if thats not the case! :)

2 questions. Does anyone use DW or S+B in their set up? What are the pros and cons of using these?

I noticed someone mentioned Clever Alchemist and I started thinking about Argonians and the alchemy passive.

Then I thought about just Argonian and the alchemy passive and a combo of Bloodthorn (5 armour) + Impregnable Armour (Jewllery & SB or DW) + 2 pc Grothdarr? (and lots of interesting pots. lol) - viable? suggestions? improvements?
    Edited by Bam_Bam on September 3, 2017 1:54PM
    Joined January 2014
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dw. Amber/trans/skoria. Shadow mundus. Witchmothers 3 damage glyphs or trifood 2 damage glyps 1 regen

Dw bar: (cost poison)
    Degeneration or consuming trap
    Cloak
    Funnel health
    Mark, radiant, or spectral bow
    Impale
    Soul assault

Resto: (berserker enchant)
    Agony
    Cripple
    Elusive mist or efficient purge
    Ward
    Harness magicka or teleport shade
    Soul tether meteor or light's champion

You use cripple and agony to keep opponent at range, apply buffs during their cc, funnel health spam, confuse with cloak, keep health topped off. You should be sitting with 3000+ crit resist and with dots rolling skoria procs a bunch. The advantage is my funnel health hits harder than on a staff and procs transmutation. Wear down stamina and set up the combo. To make it more group focused change skoria to bloodspawn and use sap essence, mass hysteria, and the spectral bow. Spec highly into crit damage, and get crit percent to 40-50% The disadvantage is i typically run without any form of minor maim. Shade helps with that.

Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    5 seducer
    1 dormihaus
    4 bloodthorn
    Bloodthorn resto
    VMA nirn destro

5-1-1
    2 haijekos
    Withmothers brew

Lot of magica, spell damage and great magica sustain. 22k health in PvP, only 13k Stam but as long as you keep proccing Bloodthorn on resto bar, Stam sustain is no problem. My sd glyph is there so I always tend to anyway. Weave it with crippling grasp or entropy normally.
    Edited by Brrrofski on September 3, 2017 7:28PM
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did make a tankier build with impregnable (2 nirn, rest divines) & twice born star, had to give up 2 piece monster & it performed OK with 1v1 but seemed like the kill time was just too long for cyrodiil because you're giving up burst damage for "tankiness". Used atronauch & lover for mundus w/sharpened destro.

Destro allows for more pressure on your opponent because of weaving attacks. You can light attack +concealed weave however I'm of the opinion that the weaving is easier with destro & damage is overall higher. But ultimately it's a playstyle decision.
    Edited by kaithuzar on September 3, 2017 8:15PM
    Member of:

Former member of:
  • lynog85
    lynog85
    ✭✭✭
    5 necro 4 shacklebreaker 2 skoria. Destro resto.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    lynog85 wrote: »
    5 necro 4 shacklebreaker 2 skoria. Destro resto.

Wouldn't 5 shackle, 4 necro be better this patch?
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Baranthus wrote: »

Wizards reposte is looking interesting for sure and I've got some nice jewellry pieces and weaps. Surprised to see Transmutation up there - I thought this set had been nerfed to death - nice to see an ol' faithful set resurrected if thats not the case! :)

2 questions. Does anyone use DW or S+B in their set up? What are the pros and cons of using these?

I noticed someone mentioned Clever Alchemist and I started thinking about Argonians and the alchemy passive.

Then I thought about just Argonian and the alchemy passive and a combo of Bloodthorn (5 armour) + Impregnable Armour (Jewllery & SB or DW) + 2 pc Grothdarr? (and lots of interesting pots. lol) - viable? suggestions? improvements?

You can run DW or SnB, mageblade is very versatile. You'll focus on using positioning tools and evasiveness to kite and set up burst, closing to melee when it's time to finish opponents. The advantage is that you can increase the already good burst damage a mageblade can do. The disadvantage is that you lose out on the pressure that weaving with a destro gives you.

There's a lot of viable set choices: amber, shackle, trans, bloodthorn, skoria, bloodspawn, lich, torugs and more all come to mind but I'm sure I'm missing others.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

My suggestions would be:

Survival - Destro/Resto

Gank - Destro/Resto

Bomb - DW/Destro

I really like trans/riposte/skoria

Yup it is my go-to setup and I absolutely love it. The best part is it works really well in both CP and Non-CP.
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can run DW or SnB, mageblade is very versatile. You'll focus on using positioning tools and evasiveness to kite and set up burst, closing to melee when it's time to finish opponents. The advantage is that you can increase the already good burst damage a mageblade can do. The disadvantage is that you lose out on the pressure that weaving with a destro gives you.

There's a lot of viable set choices: amber, shackle, trans, bloodthorn, skoria, bloodspawn, lich, torugs and more all come to mind but I'm sure I'm missing others.

Thanks for this Lexy - awesome info. I'm resetting my skills points so that i'll be able to run dual s+b and be able to switch to destro/resto set up - i can keep my monster 2 piece with dual s+b but at first glance it looks like i'll lose the 2 piece monster set if i switch to destro/resto. that doesn't bother me too much. I like the idea of switching from s+b to staves - it will definitely make for an unpredictable playstyle lol.

absolutely no idea how to set up the skill bars for either though just yet haha! :p
    Edited by Bam_Bam on September 4, 2017 10:48PM
    Joined January 2014
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for this Lexy - awesome info. I'm resetting my skills points so that i'll be able to run dual s+b and be able to switch to destro/resto set up - i can keep my monster 2 piece with dual s+b but at first glance it looks like i'll lose the 2 piece monster set if i switch to destro/resto. that doesn't bother me too much. I like the idea of switching from s+b to staves - it will definitely make for an unpredictable playstyle lol.

absolutely no idea how to set up the skill bars for either though just yet haha! :p

Unfortunately you're basically tied to resto back bar or you will lack any sort of burst healing or way to survive heavy burst damage. Healing ward provides both. Run an offensive set front bar and you won't miss having it on the back bar.

For destro/resto you keep the monster 2pc by only having 1 5pc set active on each bar
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting stuff. I'm running 5 necro 5 shacklebreaker and just 1 monster set for magicka regen. Destro/resto. Thinking about how I might want to switch that up. Was debating getting burning spellweave on the destro only and then moving my damage attacks to the resto bar so on my front bar, I can have 2 piece monster set and shackle breaker
  • jarrandub17_ESO
    jarrandub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Clever or spinners for bombing?
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Neirenth Shackle Warmaiden DW. All tri glyphs.
  • Exodium
    Exodium
    ✭✭✭✭
    Those of you saying transmutation, how exactly do you get it to proc on a mag Nb? Do we have Hots? I tried putting entropy on one bar and swapping to it to recover the 5% health but that doesn't work
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Exodium wrote: »
    Those of you saying transmutation, how exactly do you get it to proc on a mag Nb? Do we have Hots? I tried putting entropy on one bar and swapping to it to recover the 5% health but that doesn't work

Funnel and path both proc it so does resto ultimate. You literally have 100% in combat uptime on trans from your spammable
  • Approveddd
    Approveddd
    Soul Shriven
    how is scathering mage on magicka nightblade? i looked up some builds and this set was recommended..
    yet nobody here mentions it?
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Approveddd wrote: »
    how is scathering mage on magicka nightblade? i looked up some builds and this set was recommended..

I think its usable in PVE but not BiS. Its basically unusable in PVP because you'll only be able to proc it on light weaves, funnel, spectral bow procs, ultimates, and your initial reach hit. This means you will have low damage and low healing at the start of all your offensive windows. You're highly susceptible to pressure or burst at this point since your HoTs won't be strong enough to keep you alive while you go offensive.

I also tested scathing with force pulse(not crushing shock) on mageblade in pvp. I combined it with lich and used WoE to ensure I'd get the aoe proc from force pulse and therefore maximize my chances of proc'ing scathing. It was still *** and still suffered the same issues of starting your offensive window without enough damage to be threatening or healing to stay alive. I was able to proc it more reliably in a force pulse set up for pvp but the sustain is bad and you lose funnel. The damage is insane but unreliable and I ultimately wouldn't recommend scathing. I had more success with BSW on a force pulse mageblade build than scathing but I wouldn't use either if you're looking for performance, mostly because you have to give up a lot to run force pulse. The damage is insane and if you're already running a lich setup it might be worth trying force pulse(or crushing, but I prefer pulse since you have cloak to handle most cast time abilities) in place of funnel because its going to give tons more damage.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on October 19, 2017 3:08PM
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Approveddd wrote: »

It used to be BIS for PVE (not PVP) a couple of patches ago, but it doesn't work very well anymore. Twisting Path used to proc it reliably, but no longer does.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Avnr
    Avnr
    ✭✭✭
    Gear:
    7 Heavy armor, blood spawn, 7 legion
    willpower with magicka return
    tri stat food
    this set give very good resist, heal ,spell power and ulti reg

for skills:
    Hide on all bars

M_nb broken
    so, need good magicka return for Hide spawn since you going to have hard time kill anything , unless a noob show up then spawn la and feel powerful for a sec

now if you put weapon skills then no need M_nb , re log with your sorc ,any sorc any gear , just spawn shields and when the heat off start blast ppl and lol

now , after an hour feel boring , join zerg group and spawn:now listen this is impotent - resto skill heal untill ulti full reg then coordinate eye of flame
  • haakira
    haakira
    ✭✭✭
    Avnr wrote: »
    Gear:
    7 Heavy armor, blood spawn, 7 legion
    willpower with magicka return
    tri stat food
    this set give very good resist, heal ,spell power and ulti reg

for skills:
    Hide on all bars

M_nb broken
    so, need good magicka return for Hide spawn since you going to have hard time kill anything , unless a noob show up then spawn la and feel powerful for a sec

now if you put weapon skills then no need M_nb , re log with your sorc ,any sorc any gear , just spawn shields and when the heat off start blast ppl and lol

now , after an hour feel boring , join zerg group and spawn:now listen this is impotent - resto skill heal untill ulti full reg then coordinate eye of flame

I know it's a joke but my IQ considerably decreased after reading this. Good job.
  • CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭

^
    THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

Check out his PVP YouTube channel !

https://youtube.com/TheCavalryPK
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run scathing & use sap & crushing shock to proc it.
    I use 5 light 2 heavy, 1 chudan, 1 pirate
    Also run blessing of restoration & 5 wizards riposte
    Edited by kaithuzar on October 20, 2017 3:29AM
    Member of:

Former member of:
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If u run wizards riposte on magblade u must not know the class. Has the most access to minor maim in the whole game lol.
  • Vovik
    Vovik
    ✭✭✭
    CavalryPK wrote: »

^

^
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    trans+wizards+ skoria?? how do u do dmg with 2 defensive sets? @Lexxypwns
    Dolche des Königs (DDK); EuPC, DC, Sotha Sil,
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Trashs1 wrote: »
    trans+wizards+ skoria?? how do u do dmg with 2 defensive sets? @Lexxypwns

Well, at any given time I've got path, cripple, and funnel DoTs ticking and you're getting hit with a light attack every second an an assassin's will every 6 or less seconds. I actually absolutely melt people with the pressure, if all my DoTs tick + light attack + skoria + will that's like 18k+ damage hitting you at once, without an ultimate.

Furthermore, the tankiness means my offensive burst window is always open, I stop being offensive for long enough to refresh my buffs and cast 1 healing ward, but even then you're weaving and proc'ing the bow.

Mageblade has so much pressure and burst when played properly that you don't even need skoria in this setup tbh.

I always laugh at the mageblades stacking all damage because it's really not needed when you're staying aggressive and maintaining your pressure.

I 1vX in this setup EZ and it's got the group support to carry pugs in a BG
    Edited by Lexxypwns on October 20, 2017 2:33PM