Maintenance for the week of July 15:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 15, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 15, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 15, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
The Scalebreaker DLC game pack and Update 23 base-game patch are now available to test on the PTS! Read the full patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

NB is now top dog and is op.

  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its funny how you guys turned this into a xbox thread.
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    NB has always been top dog in the right hands, and has always been the class with highest skill ceiling. At least since I started playing in 1.6. Thus is a function of the class' damage profile (devastating, quick, and unpredictable) combined with the fact that NB has some of the best buffs and passives in the game. The class just has more moving parts, which really shine in the right hands.

    The vast majority of nightblades however are trash, and that is what obscures this reality.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • Stamicka
    Stamicka
    ✭✭✭
    Xbox NA people please go here:

    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/379121/xbox-na-players-who-deserve-recognition/p1?new=1

    This Nightblade thread is ridiculous and all but don’t completely ruin it.
    Edited by Stamicka on November 4, 2017 4:23PM
  • Daus
    Daus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    CyrusArya wrote: »
    NB has always been top dog in the right hands, and has always been the class with highest skill ceiling. At least since I started playing in 1.6. Thus is a function of the class' damage profile (devastating, quick, and unpredictable) combined with the fact that NB has some of the best buffs and passives in the game. The class just has more moving parts, which really shine in the right hands.

    The vast majority of nightblades however are trash, and that is what obscures this reality.

    This is a very accurate point. Overall Nightblades are the easiest, and least threatening class to encounter honestly. But when you encounter a Nightblade used by a talented player... They're dam good.

    To be honest I don't really see this as a bad thing. This class has a high skill cap, and that should be rewarded. With that said, cloak spammers are a real eye roller.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    As a long, long time mageblade player I just want to ask all nightblade mains to get off your high horses with this NB is the hardest class to play BS, it's just not, mageblade is EZ and stamblade isn't much harder. Seriously, they've got such nasty tool kits, there's so much utility, sustain, and burst in there...

    Well it´s harder to utilize well than some other classes - because it can´t be played straightforward to the same extend.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

    Derra - DC - Sorc - Grand Overlord - Spotless Dro-m'Athra Destroyer pre one Tamriel
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - Grand Overlord
    ... - DC - NB

  • lynog85
    lynog85
    ✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    As a long, long time mageblade player I just want to ask all nightblade mains to get off your high horses with this NB is the hardest class to play BS, it's just not, mageblade is EZ and stamblade isn't much harder. Seriously, they've got such nasty tool kits, there's so much utility, sustain, and burst in there...

    Ive every single class, mag and stam. Bucketloads of different set ups and builds etc. Cam play them all to a good level. Magblade is one of the harder classes to play. Nothing is hard to play in small scale of thats what youre referring too but solo and duelling magblade is harder than most.
  • Stoopid_Nwah
    Stoopid_Nwah
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    As a long, long time mageblade player I just want to ask all nightblade mains to get off your high horses with this NB is the hardest class to play BS, it's just not, mageblade is EZ and stamblade isn't much harder. Seriously, they've got such nasty tool kits, there's so much utility, sustain, and burst in there...
    For people who have played magnb a long time of course it becomes second nature, but take a few new players and throw them on different specs and magnb isn't going to be the easiest for them to excel at in pvp, not by a long shot. There is a reason everyone here is saying they don't run into many decent magnbs in cyrodiil. Besides, every class has something in their toolkit that can be considered op, strong, cheesy, etc.
    Xbox NA Stoopid Nwah
    EP-main, Dunmer NB that switches between mag and stam every other day
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    As a long, long time mageblade player I just want to ask all nightblade mains to get off your high horses with this NB is the hardest class to play BS, it's just not, mageblade is EZ and stamblade isn't much harder. Seriously, they've got such nasty tool kits, there's so much utility, sustain, and burst in there...
    For people who have played magnb a long time of course it becomes second nature, but take a few new players and throw them on different specs and magnb isn't going to be the easiest for them to excel at in pvp, not by a long shot. There is a reason everyone here is saying they don't run into many decent magnbs in cyrodiil. Besides, every class has something in their toolkit that can be considered op, strong, cheesy, etc.
    Very true statement
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Having mixed up my build to something that resembles a meta one, I have to say, Nightblades really aren't hard to beat 1v1.

    They are obnoxious with fear and spambush, but for the most part they will only focus on their combo, and if that fails, you've got a pretty good chance of beating them.

    The only Nighblades I have really had trouble with were the Eternal Hunt ones, and that is mostly a symptom of how stupid CP is, given that it is almost impossible to pressure their stam.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

    I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Took me some time dedicated to learning magblade here recently to really appreciate it. It was harder than my Templar and Sorc I suppose, but I have played Templar since beta. Opponents were not nearly as difficult as today in PvP although PvE was more challenging. Then part of not learning magblade came from me keep going back to stamblade ganking too quickly to give it a fair shot.

    Loving magblade now though. The new executioner passive is awesome for such a simple QOL change. They just need to fix the shadow image bug, although I have learned not to use it unless I am sure it is in range.
    Technohic - DC Templar
    Technohicz - DC Nightblade
    Technohix - DC Sorc
    TechDKnohic - DC DK
    Tech No Hic - DC Warden
    Necrohic - DC Necromancer
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magblades are tough to learn esspecially trying it after playing other classes.. I main one so its rediculously easy for me. I always offer NB build advice in zone because I learned the hard way. When I need to get something done, Magblade all the way. With that said, ive been very impressed with all classes in the right hands. I have a Magicka and Stamina version of every class, every race and I enjoy them all.
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sixty5 wrote: »
    Having mixed up my build to something that resembles a meta one, I have to say, Nightblades really aren't hard to beat 1v1.

    They are obnoxious with fear and spambush, but for the most part they will only focus on their combo, and if that fails, you've got a pretty good chance of beating them.

    The only Nighblades I have really had trouble with were the Eternal Hunt ones, and that is mostly a symptom of how stupid CP is, given that it is almost impossible to pressure their stam.

    I have difficulty with them at times because they use different skills than I use. A good player is likely to react quicker, so, clearly you know what you're doing and you play your build well. I never liked teleporting strike because it can be countered by a competant player and I felt vulnerable after not because I was on a Nightblade, but because my opponant knew what I was gonna do right away. Mass Hyateria was fun but I only used it to annoy, just like I would use cloak.
  • jhharvest
    jhharvest
    ✭✭✭
    I think NB balance isn't too bad, atm. I have two items I'd like cleaned up from their skill set though:
    Cloak. I know, I know. "l2p noob" "cloak is easily countered" But this is what I'd do to cloak:
    -increase the duration of cloak to 6 seconds to match damage shields
    -make more skills into cloak counters, for example: Templar Backlash should work the same as Piercing Mark, taunt skills should prevent cloak while you're taunted etc.
    -Lingering Flare should have double radius and duration of 30 seconds - basically make it into magicka caltrops.
    Ambush.
    -shouldn't empower itself -or-
    -shouldn't be usable at melee range -or-
    -alternatively make it into a 1s (or 0.9s?) cast time skill

    I think the biggest "issue" with NB balance is how well all the skills seem to have synergistic advantages. You get buffs for using your damage skills, you have access to so many different major / minor buffs from your class skills, your buff skills cost magicka, so you have your full stam pool for damage etc. But I think the balance isn't too bad overall.
  • nCats
    nCats
    ✭✭✭
    I am more sort of surprised how well the stamnb heal this patch. They disappear and then I see them back to full health from 15 percent. What is happening?
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    nCats wrote: »
    I am more sort of surprised how well the stamnb heal this patch. They disappear and then I see them back to full health from 15 percent. What is happening?

    Shadowy disguise doesn't just make your next "attack" crit.

    There is a bit of timing thing to it, but it will make vigor and more noticeably rally heal crit. Basically if they have rally up for a decent duration and then shadowy disguise->rally heal (100% crit chance) it will be a big heal.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    jhharvest wrote: »
    I think NB balance isn't too bad, atm. I have two items I'd like cleaned up from their skill set though:
    Cloak. I know, I know. "l2p noob" "cloak is easily countered" But this is what I'd do to cloak:
    -increase the duration of cloak to 6 seconds to match damage shields
    -make more skills into cloak counters, for example: Templar Backlash should work the same as Piercing Mark, taunt skills should prevent cloak while you're taunted etc.
    -Lingering Flare should have double radius and duration of 30 seconds - basically make it into magicka caltrops.
    Ambush.
    -shouldn't empower itself -or-
    -shouldn't be usable at melee range -or-
    -alternatively make it into a 1s (or 0.9s?) cast time skill

    I think the biggest "issue" with NB balance is how well all the skills seem to have synergistic advantages. You get buffs for using your damage skills, you have access to so many different major / minor buffs from your class skills, your buff skills cost magicka, so you have your full stam pool for damage etc. But I think the balance isn't too bad overall.

    TLDR: "I dont think NB balance is too bad, but lets fist them without lube."

    yeah, as if 6 second cloak is relevant since its getting countered most times in less than 3 anyway.
    PC NA
    @lexxypwns
    Xbox NA
    GT: Champion Points
    GT: Crown Crates

    Mageblade main
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    technohic wrote: »
    jhharvest wrote: »
    I think NB balance isn't too bad, atm. I have two items I'd like cleaned up from their skill set though:
    Cloak. I know, I know. "l2p noob" "cloak is easily countered" But this is what I'd do to cloak:
    -increase the duration of cloak to 6 seconds to match damage shields
    -make more skills into cloak counters, for example: Templar Backlash should work the same as Piercing Mark, taunt skills should prevent cloak while you're taunted etc.
    -Lingering Flare should have double radius and duration of 30 seconds - basically make it into magicka caltrops.
    Ambush.
    -shouldn't empower itself -or-
    -shouldn't be usable at melee range -or-
    -alternatively make it into a 1s (or 0.9s?) cast time skill

    I think the biggest "issue" with NB balance is how well all the skills seem to have synergistic advantages. You get buffs for using your damage skills, you have access to so many different major / minor buffs from your class skills, your buff skills cost magicka, so you have your full stam pool for damage etc. But I think the balance isn't too bad overall.

    TLDR: "I dont think NB balance is too bad, but lets fist them without lube."

    yeah, as if 6 second cloak is relevant since its getting countered most times in less than 3 anyway.

    Yep. Even if I used shade (bugged at the moment) and am away from counters; it’s really just an aid get into crouch quicker. Have to crouch first then cloak in order for that to work. I think people don’t use cloak themselves so don’t realize it’s just a small part of what that NB did to get away.
    Technohic - DC Templar
    Technohicz - DC Nightblade
    Technohix - DC Sorc
    TechDKnohic - DC DK
    Tech No Hic - DC Warden
    Necrohic - DC Necromancer
  • rimmidimdim
    rimmidimdim
    ✭✭✭
    CyrusArya wrote: »
    NB has always been top dog in the right hands, and has always been the class with highest skill ceiling. At least since I started playing in 1.6. Thus is a function of the class' damage profile (devastating, quick, and unpredictable) combined with the fact that NB has some of the best buffs and passives in the game. The class just has more moving parts, which really shine in the right hands.

    The vast majority of nightblades however are trash, and that is what obscures this reality.

    This, NB is the hardest class to become good at. But it is by far the most versatile class. You can do soooo much with it. But hard to master what you try. It's not OP, just seems like it cause maybe you think you know opponent build but you don't.

    I will say this, as a stamblade in heavy, stamwardens and stamplars in my opinion are the most OP in game at moment. Might just be that you cant dodge anything but it does feel like this to me. And every night there are more and more of them. Cheers
  • Thunderknuckles
    Thunderknuckles
    ✭✭✭✭
    Weird. I must be doing something wrong because my StamNB is dying a lot in some dense overland trash groups when I solo and try to blitz through. Now, he's not full build yet, but he just seems squishy as all hell.

    Seen some pretty potent NB's in Cyro. Like 1v6'ing folks. ha ha But, contrary to the OP's feelings that NB's are over powered...they are quite wrong. I have a feeling that he/she had a rough encounter with ONE and now all NB's are ub3r l33t OP!11!! NERFS!!. Wait till he comes up on a solid tank or Templar holding off 5+ people at one time.
  • Stoopid_Nwah
    Stoopid_Nwah
    ✭✭✭✭
    jhharvest wrote: »
    I think NB balance isn't too bad, atm. I have two items I'd like cleaned up from their skill set though:
    Cloak. I know, I know. "l2p noob" "cloak is easily countered" But this is what I'd do to cloak:
    -increase the duration of cloak to 6 seconds to match damage shields
    -make more skills into cloak counters, for example: Templar Backlash should work the same as Piercing Mark, taunt skills should prevent cloak while you're taunted etc.
    -Lingering Flare should have double radius and duration of 30 seconds - basically make it into magicka caltrops.
    Ambush.
    -shouldn't empower itself -or-
    -shouldn't be usable at melee range -or-
    -alternatively make it into a 1s (or 0.9s?) cast time skill

    I think the biggest "issue" with NB balance is how well all the skills seem to have synergistic advantages. You get buffs for using your damage skills, you have access to so many different major / minor buffs from your class skills, your buff skills cost magicka, so you have your full stam pool for damage etc. But I think the balance isn't too bad overall.
    :lol: :lol: :lol: Have you ever played nb in pvp? There are a million current counters to cloak plus a lot of stuff that shouldn't decloak nbs actually ends up decloaking them because cloak is glitchy af. Piercing mark is too strong imo as it is, I don't want more things functioning that way.

    Ambush losing it's empower is meh to me, when paired with incap it is pretty strong, but getting a cast time would 100% ruin the ability. What's that a sorc streaking away? Let's wait a second instead of gap closing...and he's already gone because he streaked twice and is out of range now. I wanna interrupt a j-beam? Better wait a second before I can gap close bash.

    I'd also like you to picture yourself as a nb trying to use cloak in a battlefield cluttered with caltrops, lingering flares (your buffed version), destro ults, templar rituals and stam sorc hurricanes. Stam nbs really rely on cloaking for crit heals, it's hard enough as it is to play stamnb as a brawler character in big battles; it's why you see so many that are rogue types/gankers/on the outskirts of the battlefield. If you start adding even more "free" counters to cloak then they'll end up disappearing even from the outskirts of battle or go 100% ganker.
    Xbox NA Stoopid Nwah
    EP-main, Dunmer NB that switches between mag and stam every other day
  • jhharvest
    jhharvest
    ✭✭✭
    Oh boy. I apologise if I hurt anyone's feelings. I made these suggestions since I've recently been playing a NB in pvp after years of not trying it. I don't think they'd hurt good players that much. But since my cloak recommendation was so controversial, here's a new one:
    Make cloak into shadow ultimate. When used it grants a 15 second unbreakable cloak. Player restores 37% health on cast, and 9k magicka, 9k stamina.
  • Stoopid_Nwah
    Stoopid_Nwah
    ✭✭✭✭
    jhharvest wrote: »
    Oh boy. I apologise if I hurt anyone's feelings. I made these suggestions since I've recently been playing a NB in pvp after years of not trying it. I don't think they'd hurt good players that much. But since my cloak recommendation was so controversial, here's a new one:
    Make cloak into shadow ultimate. When used it grants a 15 second unbreakable cloak. Player restores 37% health on cast, and 9k magicka, 9k stamina.
    I don't think you hurt anyone's feelings lol. And ambush cast time would just make the skill irrelevant, no one would slot it except dw nbs which then yeah, it would hurt them.

    As for the cloak ultimate, it's really interesting but there are a few issues. It's cost would need to be cheap enough that a stam nb could still rely on it (they really only have evasiveness of dodge and cloak as their defence tools, both of which are pretty crappy in current pvp meta), but if it were that cheap then it would be ridiculously op, especially if combat didn't break cloak. The other issue is that you'd be removing shadowy disguise crit, making stamnb healing even worse.

    The ult idea does make me think a resource restore component should be added to soul siphon though.
    Xbox NA Stoopid Nwah
    EP-main, Dunmer NB that switches between mag and stam every other day
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jhharvest wrote: »
    Make cloak into shadow ultimate. When used it grants a 15 second unbreakable cloak. Player restores 37% health on cast, and 9k magicka, 9k stamina.

    I'm just going to assume you're not being serious. I'm just going to assume this isn't serious because.... there's no way. There's no way someone could seriously propose this.
  • Stoopid_Nwah
    Stoopid_Nwah
    ✭✭✭✭
    Blanco wrote: »
    jhharvest wrote: »
    Make cloak into shadow ultimate. When used it grants a 15 second unbreakable cloak. Player restores 37% health on cast, and 9k magicka, 9k stamina.

    I'm just going to assume you're not being serious. I'm just going to assume this isn't serious because.... there's no way. There's no way someone could seriously propose this.
    Assuming they are serious, I'd take the ultimate if it cost 50 ult :lol: think about it, free resources and healing and unbreakable cloaking 24/7. We'd be unstoppable lmao.
    Xbox NA Stoopid Nwah
    EP-main, Dunmer NB that switches between mag and stam every other day
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Blanco wrote: »
    jhharvest wrote: »
    Make cloak into shadow ultimate. When used it grants a 15 second unbreakable cloak. Player restores 37% health on cast, and 9k magicka, 9k stamina.

    I'm just going to assume you're not being serious. I'm just going to assume this isn't serious because.... there's no way. There's no way someone could seriously propose this.
    Assuming they are serious, I'd take the ultimate if it cost 50 ult :lol: think about it, free resources and healing and unbreakable cloaking 24/7. We'd be unstoppable lmao.

    Think that would *** DKs off. That’s kind of a DK thing taken to another level.
    Technohic - DC Templar
    Technohicz - DC Nightblade
    Technohix - DC Sorc
    TechDKnohic - DC DK
    Tech No Hic - DC Warden
    Necrohic - DC Necromancer
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblades are nowhere near the top dog after the Clockwork update...

    Now that Nightblades cant use Shuffle+Heavy they are squishy as hell once you get them out of stealth...

    Soul Assault+Detection Pot is a Death Sentence for them...
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblades were always overpowered, but now are a disgusting mess. ZOS please stop with the favoritism. Please.
    On the count of 3, everybody say, “Salami!” 1, 2, 3...
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »
    Nightblades were always overpowered, but now are a disgusting mess. ZOS please stop with the favoritism. Please.
    Do you have anything to back up that argument?
Sign In or Register to comment.