@Someone or whoever can poke the one to fix the infinite loading screens in Cyrodiil

• Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    After thinking about all the different load screen issues like when and where. I now have 1 answer for you guys at Zos.

Go play Cyrodiil.

For at least a few hours. Even if it's in a group of Zos developers.

Really though go play Pvp in cyrodiil on every server. Maybe 2 hours a day. You will find so much information on why the population is so low. Where the load screens happen and why.
    Options
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMHO at this point asking for this kind of information is just insulting.
    Options
  • pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭
    2) When teleporting between keeps or respawning at a keep *This is the main culprit because it is the most common loading screen

^Seconded
    Some anecdotal fixes:

^His list of these was on point. To that list I would add character interactions...sometimes (but not always) trade-request-spamming someone in a load screen can get them out of it.

The bigger the group the worse it is.

I echo Kartalin on the group vis checks. An immense amount of time and energy in any group I' m in goes into trying to avoid loadscreens and get situated in Vivec especially...I'd agree it's really nuts.

"CRAP CRAP CRAP Chal FD UA and we are at drake...we gotta get there...oh...youre in the ground to me...go run to the mine and back.....everyone good? oh no, i can see you but im in the ground to you only not everyone else...crap, I'll run to the farm...hurry...hurry...ok are we ready? ahhhh hell now it's flagged" -what happens 5x a night
    “The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Cool, thanks for the info so far, all. We've passed all this along.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Kita recently made a pretty humorous video that's been making the PVP community rounds about the issue that actually shows a lot of what goes on really accurately, as well as how people feel about it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdYnsVUEDhQ
    Edited by pzschrek on October 10, 2017 7:16PM
    “The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
    Options
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

I receive infinite loading screens most often in groups in Cyrodiil . PC NA . I am running a new ASUS ROG well above the recommendations posted to run the game . I am using the fastest internet my area provides and upgraded to resolve the issue but it did not . My ping stays around 120 and FPS around 55-60 and still get them . I had a networking friend come in and optimized my modem as he said it did not need replacing and was very fast .

Through many recent tweaks I have gotten my laptop to run well above its capabilities and this still does not solve the infinite load screen issues . Other games are running so fast now it's incredible but ESO still shoots me into infinite load screens in PVP .

This can happen when gap closing another player or repairing a castle wall . Most of the time it happens when fast traveling to a new castle . Sometimes just running on a mount to a fight a loading screen will appear and sometimes right in the middle of a fight no matter how big or small . If you need more specific info on my hardware feel free to ask or any other questions as this the number one reason I do not play eso often anymore . I'm happy to help .
    Options
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its something to do with grouping, cause I get zero load screens in Cyrodiil
    Options
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool, thanks for the info so far, all. We've passed all this along.

To the same people as Jessica passed it along to in July?! I hope not.
    Options
  • Rastoric
    Rastoric
    ✭✭✭
    PC NA Vivec Mag Sorc.
    I've been logged in Cyrodiil for an hour no issue solo. Then after going into & out of a delve for Blessings buff I'm stuck in a very long loading screen while porting from BB to PvP quest gate.
    Just Say No! to changing Sorcerer Magicka skills to Stamina.
    Options
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only two places I know of that give me infinite loading screens are cyrodiil and vvardenfell. Takes a fair bit of exploring and moving around from zone to zone to do this but is annoying. Nowadays I try to remember to reload ui every so often and it kinda helps. Xbox one to boot as well.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
    Options
  • Legedric
    Legedric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »
    Its something to do with grouping, cause I get zero load screens in Cyrodiil

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BrianWheeler

I somewhat confirm this. Whenever I am running around solo in Cyrodiil I have no (or at least significantly less) infinite loading screens when teleporting through Cyrodiil compared to being grouped in PvP.
    Legedric the Flamedancer ► - Redguard Dragon Knight
    Legedric the Stormdancer ► - Altmer Sorcerer
    Legedric the Sundancer ► - Altmer Templar

EU | DRUCKWELLE - Retter des Kaiserreiches
    Options
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Izanagi's list is pretty much what's happening.

The main issue for loading screens seem to be people/things not rendering properly. Doing a "Regroup North base so we can make sure everyone sees each other". That usually prevents loading screens. But it takes time - because sometimes it requires multiple people running out of rendering distance multiple times.

And it also seem to be related to Zones/Same map. If someone in North base is invisible, you can still port from South base to North base without a loading screen, as these seem to have different "maps".
    --
    To prevent the long loading screen back into Cyrodiil after you task manager the game 'cus you're stuck in one, having your character kicked from group seems to help with the infinite loading screens when logging back in. (But that requires out of game-communication and I know a lot of people don't play with that).
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
    Options
  • ishilb14_ESO
    ishilb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Use task manager to kill your game instead of ALT+F4, way less likely to get kicked out of Cyro this way. A year or so ago ALT+F4 was the way to do it but ZOS introduced something into the game to detect that and basically log you out, thus kicking you from Cyro
    Original DC #Bloodthorn2014
    CoFounder - Terror
    Officer - Mega Best Friends
    Officer - Eminent Gaming

Options
  • pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭
    ^Yep, force close via task manager followed by immediate relog almost always keeps me in Cyro upon relog and is usually much faster than waiting for a loading screen. I have a good PC so the game loads rapidly. Essential for vivec.

If I had to force crash and get dumped back at the back of a 30 minute queue, the ESO juice would definitely not be worth the squeeze.
    Options
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I've stated many times already in this thread... this ALSO happens when solo in Cyrodiil.. as I'm never grouped up in Cyrodiil and I think it's pretty clear I get hit by this issue very VERY frequently (then again.. I spend most my time in Cyrodiil)
    Options
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Docmandu wrote: »
    As I've stated many times already in this thread... this ALSO happens when solo in Cyrodiil.. as I'm never grouped up in Cyrodiil and I think it's pretty clear I get hit by this issue very VERY frequently (then again.. I spend most my time in Cyrodiil)

Could be a mod then, as like I said I've not had this issue in years....

Everyone here post what Mods you're running

We'll narrow it down from there.
    Options
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great start of the weekend... sigh..
    Options
  • Thunderclap
    Thunderclap
    ✭✭✭
    Yep today is so bad. 2nd time lose the connection to the server during a greater fight and now the 3rd endless loading to try come back in the game. Anf this stupid error message "Can't connect to the server, check your internet connection!" after character selection screen. I can write in this forum! Why I can't connect to this fu... mega server :/
    PC EU - PVP - CP 2300+Win 10 Home 64-bit - 32GB - SSD 1000GBIntel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHzNVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
    Options
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep today is so bad. 2nd time lose the connection to the server during a greater fight and now the 3rd endless loading to try come back in the game. Anf this stupid error message "Can't connect to the server, check your internet connection!" after character selection screen. I can write in this forum! Why I can't connect to this fu... mega server :/

That might be because for the game you're still "Logged in" even tho you disconnected. I get this a few times when I crash and try to log back in - and I'm still online for my group ingame, but I'm logged off for me.
    Relogging once or twice usually fixes it. Or you can try what's being said: Go into settings and change View Distance to 0.
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
    Options
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bug that keeps on giving... sigh... good thing they passed all that info to those teams... twice!
    Options
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And some more...
    Options
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GRATS ZOS!!! Made it 1 day without an infinite loading screen!!! W00t... alas.. your KILLER STREAK ends today... but it's a new record anyway.. 1 frackin whole day without an infinite loading screen!

@ZOS_GinaBruno Thx Gina.. that info you and Jessica gave to that kick .ss team paid off!! after only 9+ months!

/end sarcasm
    Edited by Docmandu on October 20, 2017 7:43PM
    Options
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As expected... nothing done about this issue in the lastest DLC. Frack they didn't even bother to give us new Cyrodiil loading screens, only the PvE loading screens got updated. *RUDE*
    Options
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And that's number 2 for this evening... fsck this. @ZOS_GinaBruno so how's that team doing that got all that info, TWICE?! Still on that 1 year sabbatical, I take it?! Or is it a bunch of juniors that never seen any real world code before?
    Options
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FFS!
    Options
  • Thunderclap
    Thunderclap
    ✭✭✭
    No improvement. Port to a keep and losing the connection to the server. PC Eu vivec.
    And again 2 endless loading screens after relog and try come back in the game to cyro.
    Edited by Thunderclap on October 29, 2017 3:46PM
    PC EU - PVP - CP 2300+Win 10 Home 64-bit - 32GB - SSD 1000GBIntel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHzNVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
    Options
  • Cernow
    Cernow
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have had a perma loading screen after pretty much every death in Cyrodiil today (Kyne EU and Sotha Sil EU). It just crushes the game experience because by the time you've killed the client and relogged into the game (a game with pathetically slow load times anyway) the battle you were in has long since moved on.

It's truly horrible server performance. It's not my PC or connection, I don't get these problems with other games.

The truly embarrassing thing about this for ZOS is this bug has been happening for years and they do nothing to fix it. That's shockingly poor.

Do the devs even care about PvP anymore? The amount of crashes, lag, exploits and unregulated cheating seems to indicate they don't.

Options
  • Malic
    Malic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cernow wrote: »

The truly embarrassing thing about this for ZOS is this bug has been happening for years and they do nothing to fix it. That's shockingly poor.

And yet, per your own message you got hung up on this again today.

So you want them to fix something you are going to continue to use anyway and they are "shockingly poor"?

It says more about you, that after (your word) "years" you keep logging in and expecting a different result. ZOS is remarkably rich, contrary to your proclamation. To have users like you who YEAR after YEAR, month after month, week after week, day after day continue to consume a product they seemingly deem deficient.

Of course they are the problem right? LOL
    Options
  • Cernow
    Cernow
    ✭✭✭✭
    Malic wrote: »
    Cernow wrote: »

And yet, per your own message you got hung up on this again today.

So you want them to fix something you are going to continue to use anyway and they are "shockingly poor"?

It says more about you, that after (your word) "years" you keep logging in and expecting a different result. ZOS is remarkably rich, contrary to your proclamation. To have users like you who YEAR after YEAR, month after month, week after week, day after day continue to consume a product they seemingly deem deficient.

Of course they are the problem right? LOL

Before this weekend I hadn't PvP'd for over a month because of how poor server performance, class balance and exploiting had become. I thought I would give Cyro a try again to see if the CWC patch fixed anything. But it seems to have made all three of these things worse.

I have ESO+ currently. But I haven't subbed continually since launch and I've stopped my subs several times for long periods when it wasn't proving enjoyable. At this point, I'll probably not renew ESO+ when it runs out unless a number of things get fixed, PvP foremost among them. So your point is?
    Options
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno - See your faithful guide of the loading screens.

If you don't have any idea how to fix the loading screens, a great idea would be to at least bring us new art work to look at.
    Edited by frozywozy on October 30, 2017 12:51PM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug