The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

@Someone or whoever can poke the one to fix the infinite loading screens in Cyrodiil

• gp1680
    gp1680
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Docmandu wrote: »
    gp1680 wrote: »
    Buzz..lockup...crashed three more times last night in about a five hour window. Worthless support e-mails blamed it on the midyear mayhem event. Unbelievable.

Please try to be clear in what is happening:

lockup / crash doesn't tell us if:

- your game client crashed? as in windows exception popping up about the program crashing?
    - you got kicked to the login screen (ie. what happens when the Cyrodiil zone itself crashes)
    - you got an infinite loading screen and have to kill the client yourself (is that what you mean by lockup?)

anyway the thread is mostly about the 2nd and 3rd issue. Only times when I get an actual game client crash is usually when I quit the game after a long playing session and it just fails to properly exit... never (well let's say this year) have I had a game client crash while playing.

Game client crashes would be quite a bit harder to narrow down.. since god knows what people install on their machines, or how hard they overclock their machine making it totally unstable ("but it works fine when I don't touch my machine" kind of people :P).. or which crap the nvidia/amd graphics drivers do behind the game client's back.. or what the local virus scanner is doing behind the game client's back.... in other words.. many many many things can and will influence the game client process. (to be fair.. these could also cause network instability issues which lead to infinite loading screens.. but it's less likely.. but certainly not impossible)

Cyrodiil zone crashes though.. those are completely under ZOS's control.

I'm on xbox na. While in Cyrodiil, the game buzzes, locks-up, and then crashes to the login screen. Usually if I get back in after the first crash, the long loading screens crop up.
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Docmandu - responding here based on what you and a few others posted in this thread. We shared your concerns and frustrations with the team and provided some examples (thanks again for the detail and links.) They're digging into loading screen logs going as far back as the beginning of May. Are you able to say if the crashes you've been experiencing are consistently tied to loading screen time-outs? Or are they separate?

Crashes are seperate here on Eu, long loading screens are almost standard while in PvP, Crashing usually happens in areas with lots of players involved(siege), going into a sieged castle is basically gambeling with your ap tick in 75 percent of the cases you crash during the operation. It has gotten a lot worse in the last 2 weeks but always was present.
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
  • Thunderclap
    Thunderclap
    ✭✭✭
    And agian losing the connection during a fight around Alessia. This game is so f... b....
    And again an endless loading screen during reenter cyro.
    PC EU - PVP - CP 2300+Win 10 Home 64-bit - 32GB - SSD 1000GBIntel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHzNVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
  • Remmo
    Remmo
    ✭✭
    Yeah, i quit playing AGAIN tonight. The loading screens on Vivec are unbearable, the disconnects and having to requeue to get back in... After loving this game from Beta I'm really losing the will ...

We can't emphasise enough, this is not one or two players experiencing a problem. It's most of us. It's not one or two times, it's pretty constant most days at the moment.
  • SathuDuwa
    SathuDuwa
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe there's some addon causing it? Temporarily move all your addons to another folder and try Cyrodil. Just trying to help
  • Thunderclap
    Thunderclap
    ✭✭✭
    And again losing the connection. This time after using a camp during the fight around Ash. Each day the same s....
    And I use only one addon. kill counter in pvp.
    Edited by Thunderclap on July 28, 2017 6:46PM
    PC EU - PVP - CP 2300+Win 10 Home 64-bit - 32GB - SSD 1000GBIntel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHzNVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTB at least new loading screen graphics!
  • Thunderclap
    Thunderclap
    ✭✭✭
    And again losing the connection. This time during a fight for BRK.
    And again 3 endless loading screen during reenter cyro.
    So f... f....
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hi @Docmandu - responding here based on what you and a few others posted in this thread. We shared your concerns and frustrations with the team and provided some examples (thanks again for the detail and links.) They're digging into loading screen logs going as far back as the beginning of May. Are you able to say if the crashes you've been experiencing are consistently tied to loading screen time-outs? Or are they separate?

I have a guess about infinite loading screens.

If you use transitus and transitus is cut while loading into the next area is just hangs up, if it's restored the infinite loading screen will complete your transfer.

It's just a hunch, but it's always when using transitus.
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you use transitus and transitus is cut while loading into the next area is just hangs up, if it's restored the infinite loading screen will complete your transfer.

Nice theory.. but flawed.. since it can also happen when you port back to the starting area's, ie to turn in the kill quest.
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Nice theory.. but flawed.. since it can also happen when you port back to the starting area's, ie to turn in the kill quest.

Yah, but let's say on your way back to the starter area that transitus is cut off.

ie glade is flagged, arius is flagged, Faregyl is flagged.

I don't think it's just the destination or transitus shrine you activate. It's things in between, and if you are loading while transitus is cut off (at your location, in between, or your destination) you get an "infinite loading screen".

It's a guess regardless.
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guess is that if the game needs to put you in a new grid in Cyrodiil.. it needs to load you there.. and this is when it goes wrong...

but.. even if our guesses are 100% correct... doesn't matter... won't change anything if ZOS doesn't deal with it.
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My guess is that if the game needs to put you in a new grid in Cyrodiil.. it needs to load you there.. and this is when it goes wrong...

but.. even if our guesses are 100% correct... doesn't matter... won't change anything if ZOS doesn't deal with it.

That's more or less what I'm saying, but if you are switching grids and in between has been cut off... it just hangs.

I mostly say it because it's rare when my faction is pushing a map (and not having to defend) for me to get infinite loading screens. But when you are constantly moving around to defend or follow crossed swords (or swinging from side to side on the map), it seem to occur more frequently.

I can only guess, mostly because it would be very hard to verify.

I can tell you when a group leader says "X" because "X" was called out as under attack in zone, it's not uncommon for multiple group members (and even sometimes the entire group) to be caught in an infinite loading screen.

Again, what I'm saying is if you hit the load screen as a destination is cut off (at the destination or in between) is what needs to be looked at.
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well seems it's not just Cyrodiil... currently staring at an infinite loading screen while porting to a BG.. first time.. then again.. don't do much BGs as I find them extremely boring...it's basically an ulti dump fest... but queue for them while waiting for the Cyrodiil queue to pop.

• Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When logging back in.. wasn't in the queue for Cyrodiil anymore (maybe it popped just when porting?).. and have a 18 minute deserter penalty to boot.
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    WTB at least new loading screen graphics!

This is actually the worst part in all of this. They are so ignorant of the severity and the impact of the loading screens in Cyrodiil that they haven't even though about designing at least one different loading screen background. But don't worry guys, you will get your art book for a modest amount of money next expansion.
    Edited by frozywozy on August 3, 2017 12:16PM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Thunderclap
    Thunderclap
    ✭✭✭
    And again an endless loading screen. This time using wayshrine from keep to keep.
  • TheSunseeker
    TheSunseeker
    Soul Shriven
    These issues have been a plague to my group and me for the past few days.

We'd siege, prepare to move on to the next objective and then now we have to wait a few extra minutes for people to restart their games because their textures decide to bug out or the endless load screen hits a few folks. It's been getting a bit worse lately, or at least it feels that way.

Hopefully someone will get around to fixing this sooner than later.
  • Thunderclap
    Thunderclap
    ✭✭✭
    And losing the connection to the server during the fight for Ash. This bug was missing for today :/.
    And after 9 (!!!!) endless loading screen during reenter cyro. I got the error message:
    Error 307 (6:3:1491:126)
    And I can't loggin.
    Thanks Zeni for that For this "fantastic" game night.

This game is so f... s....
    Edited by Thunderclap on August 3, 2017 6:10PM
  • Eduard_Rodric
    Eduard_Rodric
    ✭✭✭
    Agree these days i choose the keep and i take infinite load screenshot with 300 queue. Cause i restart The game. And this happen sinze the beta
    Edited by Eduard_Rodric on August 3, 2017 6:12PM
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We'd like to reach out and offer you a special one-time only, buy one month, get one month free ESO Plus membership deal.

I'd be interested, if you guys would actually fix your sh.t ... until then... no thx.

Executive summary: it's more beneficial to let your sub slide every now and then.. within 1-2 days you usually get an offer :smile: anyway for people that still want to support this company and their *** track record in fixing serious issues.

• Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess it makes sense to post this here instead of starting another thread on loading screens.

The Cyrodiil rumor mill has been hard at work, and I think may have come up with a plausible cause for loading screens. If there is anyone that is invisible to anyone else in the group, loading screens will be rampant.

This is a hard one to test in groups that constantly gain and lose members in active combat, but there is some empirical evidence to support it.
    1. Most long load screens happen while grouped
    2. Load screens seem more frequent in larger groups
    3. People arriving with the group are very often invisible/in the ground

As I said, I heard this in the rumor mill that is Cyrodiil, so has anyone done some correlations and drawn conclusions from this?

Either way, invisible people in group is a huge irritant in both pvp and pve and should have been fixed a long time ago
    Do you remember that time when enemy players were in the ground in pvp and could attack you with complete impunity? Well ZoS fixed that, so please fix the invisible group members as well, thanks.
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

So I just did a test... had my buddy tell me when a nearby outpost was going to flag, had him read the % of front door. As soon as it was 51% I clicked on transit to port and infinite load screen.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Worst bug ever

It needs fixing
  • daniel.13b16_ESO
    daniel.13b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Isn't it about time somebody takes a look at this?! Every day.. multiple times a day... people have to face infinite loading screens / crashes in Cyrodiil (EU/TF). Has ZOS given up on the PvP player base or what?

Considering this bug has been a major issue since at least 2.2, I think the obvious answer is yes. 2.2 also introduced FPS drop bugs and terrain LOD bugs that still haven't been fixed.

It's not like the best and the brightest @ ZOS have been confounded by these issues for the past year and a half. These issues have been swept under the rug.

It's shameful.

Uhm, it's been like this since beta. Sure, at times it has gotten better and at times worse but the issue never went away. Loading screens should be used in marketing because it surely is a feature ZOS loves and stands by. We can't even enter houses within an instance (with a loading screen) seamlessly without a black screen let alone open windows.
  • Thunderclap
    Thunderclap
    ✭✭✭
    And again an endless loading screen. This time using wayshrine from keep to base. Since latest DLC the amount of endless loading screens is again growing up!
  • Thunderclap
    Thunderclap
    ✭✭✭
    And again losing the connection to the server during port from base to keep! Since the last patch, it's getting worse and worse. Something was bungle again!
  • mook-eb16_ESO
    mook-eb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    no group no loading screen
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    no group no loading screen

Not so.

You can get loading screens regardless of whether you are grouped or not grouped.
  • Thunderclap
    Thunderclap
    ✭✭✭
    And again an endless loading screen. This time using wayshrine from keep to base.

Confirm. I don't group since more one year in pvp because of this stupid bug. And again and again and again. This is in the pvp chat after "keep ua" the most used keyword. That ist so fu.... frustrating that zos are not be able or not be willing to fix this bug.
    Edited by Thunderclap on August 28, 2017 7:31PM