The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Crystal Frags nerf?! No stun

• templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    Wow, that must be a most stupid nerf in the history of ESO... now magsorc has no stun...

I was playing with defensive rune on resto bar for 2 years and now probably it is the only was to stun anyone.

Magsorc in PvP always tries to cast proced frags when enemy is in close range, now this change will completely destroy current magsorc playstyle.

Glad I cancelled my subscription...

I hope you are being sarcastic. Rune prison, streak, pet stun?
    Streak is broken and can snare you. Rune prison - no sorc runs it in solo play, pet stun is only with pet active.

No, I am not being sarcrastic, but you are clueless.

Lol? Because nobody runs it means that’s its not a good stun? It’s going to be the best cc in the game next patch. Try applying logic to your argument next time around. Stop QQing just because you can’t cc with frag and trying to make it look like sorc is in a bad spot because of it.
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    templesus wrote: »
    Lol this isn’t a nerf. A nerf is a nerf, period. Their is no bright side to it. Sure you lose the cc but now you don’t have to hold your frags to line up your burst you can let loose on them babies. And don’t say “we lose an ability slot” that is your decision 100% because streak stuns fine. If they wanted to really nerf sorc they would’ve made it so you can’t stack 2 *** shields or do something about the infinite stamina sustain. As someone who has started playing mag sorc 90% of the time(cuz why not? Best class to 1vx on by far)this change feels more like a buff to me.

Bringing the world clueless to a whole new level
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, that must be a most stupid nerf in the history of ESO... now magsorc has no stun...

I was playing with defensive rune on resto bar for 2 years and now probably it is the only was to stun anyone.

Magsorc in PvP always tries to cast proced frags when enemy is in close range, now this change will completely destroy current magsorc playstyle.

Streak is broken and can snare you. Rune prison - no sorc runs it in solo play, pet stun is only with pet active.

Players will just have to slot rune prison now. A ranged cc that ignores block and dodge is really strong. Flame clench is also a really good ranged cc and decent dot. You will just have to give up an ability slot to run it, but it's definitely worth running either one of those cc's. It's not like other classes aren't already having to make these descions either. With a ranged cc and streak you will be able to kite for days
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This change seems aligned with the other balance changes that have been coming out. It's a drag to lose the cc, but it won't change the way I play, and certainly won't make me choose Crystal Blast instead.

But I can't even summoned a 10th of the outrage I still feel about the Templar Blazing Spear cc removal.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol? Because nobody runs it means that’s its not a good stun? It’s going to be the best cc in the game next patch. Try applying logic to your argument next time around. Stop QQing just because you can’t cc with frag and trying to make it look like sorc is in a bad spot because of it.

Nobody runs it because it is useless in solo play, arguing that is on a very high level of stupidity, you should apply logic, kid.

Rune prison will be overused in group PvP, that has nothing to do with duels or soloplay...
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Nobody runs it because it is useless in solo play, arguing that is on a very high level of stupidity, you should apply logic, kid.

Rune prison will be overused in group PvP, that has nothing to do with duels or soloplay...

First off this is balance, no game EVER balances ANYTHING on duels, so bringing dueling up just completely eradicates any weight your argument had aside from solo play, in which I’ll just assume you’re just another salty sorc because you actually have to run a cc now. Almost all other classes run a single target cc because they HAVE too, what, is sorc to good for that now? L2p
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I’ve just seen you aren’t even cap cp, leading me to assume your experience in this game is far less then someone who would know what they’re talking about.
    Don’t worry, more experience will help you to l2p.
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭

First off this is balance, no game EVER balances ANYTHING on duels, so bringing dueling up just completely eradicates any weight your argument had aside from solo play, in which I’ll just assume you’re just another salty sorc because you actually have to run a cc now. Almost all other classes run a single target cc because they HAVE too, what, is sorc to good for that now? L2p

Haha, "salty sorc" I have never complained about anything, I don't mind fighting outnumbered and this change doesn't affect my playstyle in the slightest, as I run defensive rune on resto bar and my burst is already aligned with defensive rune disorient (mostly due to the fact that disorient sometimes bugs and doesn't brake after target takes damage...)

L2P is cool, but you can go and have intercourse with yourself, kid. I don't need cp cap to know how to play this game, people like you do.
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Haha, "salty sorc" I have never complained about anything, I don't mind fighting outnumbered and this change doesn't affect my playstyle in the slightest, as I run defensive rune on resto bar and my burst is already aligned with defensive rune disorient (mostly due to the fact that disorient sometimes bugs and doesn't brake after target takes damage...)

L2P is cool, but you can go and have intercourse with yourself, kid. I don't need cp cap to know how to play this game, people like you do.

Lol yeah ok kiddo keep telling yourself that.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Players will just have to slot rune prison now. A ranged cc that ignores block and dodge is really strong. Flame clench is also a really good ranged cc and decent dot. You will just have to give up an ability slot to run it, but it's definitely worth running either one of those cc's. It's not like other classes aren't already having to make these descions either. With a ranged cc and streak you will be able to kite for days

Depends entirely on the design of the ability and the cost.

Can you cast it on CC immune targets and it will cost magica and nothing happens?
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

Can you cast it on CC immune targets and it will cost magica and nothing happens?

Thats a damage good question. It better be super cheap if not.
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lol this isn’t a nerf. A nerf is a nerf, period. Their is no bright side to it. Sure you lose the cc but now you don’t have to hold your frags to line up your burst you can let loose on them babies. And don’t say “we lose an ability slot” that is your decision 100% because streak stuns fine. If they wanted to really nerf sorc they would’ve made it so you can’t stack 2 *** shields or do something about the infinite stamina sustain. As someone who has started playing mag sorc 90% of the time(cuz why not? Best class to 1vx on by far)this change feels more like a buff to me.
    Uh huh totally, streak totally stuns just fine especially those ppl who I keep over 28m from me to avoid being dogpiled by crit rushes. /s

And what if I want to use ball of light morph instead? I should just be pidgeon holed into only one viable bolt escape morph?

What if I liked the defensive utility of defensive rune? I should just be forced to give it all up and front bar the rune cage morph instead? Wrobel is simply forcing the use of one morph and one morph only for that skill. How does that fit with his vision for frags on the other hand, where he wants us to use "both" morphs?

Please don't give me the BS that running streak as the only stun would be "just fine". But if you can't admit that removing a core aspect of a skill while leaving it unchanged in other regards is obviously a nerf, I don't think there's any productive discussion to be had here.
    Edited by HoloYoitsu on October 1, 2017 7:36PM
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea if you think Cp cap mean you know more about the game your view on things are very jaded.It just mean your grinded more than someone else.CP doesn't equal skill or game knowledge.
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It will probably cost a decent amout if magicka since its a ranged CC. That's just me assuming though. Also i tried flame clench yesterday it worked really well i had to give up degeneration for it and i just ran detect spell power pots. That will be another option for those not wanting to run cage. It still played very fluently. I dont have meteor unlocked on my sorc so i was forced into dawnbreaker, i think with meteor sorc can rival and maybe even out due the magblade meteor bow combo, if this is the case sorc just got a big buff and no one knows it yet. A cc in general will allow sorcs to hit alot more crystal frags. One live i block lierally about 90% of crystal frags
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS just dispensing the nerfs!
    Dzo5OI.gif
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    KingJ wrote: »

Yea if you think Cp cap mean you know more about the game your view on things are very jaded.It just mean your grinded more than someone else.CP doesn't equal skill or game knowledge.

Actually if you’ll go back and read I said that less cp means you have much less experience...which is 100% true
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Calls everyone else clueless ahahaa. Sorcerer is literally the best CC class in the game next patch, with magDK being melee only and nb not having a root.

How is a 2.5s stun useless in soloplay?

Streak is broken? An frontal aoe stun. Yeah it has bugs, but that doesn't mean its bad.

I don't think frags CC should be removed, but don't spew ***.
    Edited by ak_pvp on October 1, 2017 6:47PM
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • KramUzibra
    KramUzibra
    ✭✭✭✭
    CyrusArya wrote: »
    Gonna have to test it out but all things considered I don't think it's the end of the world. It's a major nerf to the skill itself for sure, but also one that presents room for adaptation and innovation of the way sorc is played. While often the stun from frags is essential to securing a kill, equally it sometimes stuns at times that are sub optimal. It's not at all how I'd handle these changes, but I also don't think it's gonna be class breaking in the way that the initial curse nerf would have been. I fully intend to play a dual wield build next patch though and this change is gonna hurt staff builds much more as they don't have as much bar flexibility.

My only hope is that the whining anti-sorc peasantry acknowledges how big of a nerf this is and shuts the *** up. Guarantee if it were flame lash, jabs/sweeps, or any one of the many hallmark NB offensive skills that was getting a core component stripped, the crying and lobbying would be palpable.

It's not really that big of a nerf, beside your given a more reliable cc anyways. Just like every other class must slot a lower dmg or no dmg ability to reliably get a cc sorcs now have to do the same.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »
    Can someone explain what exactly is the difference between Rune Prison on Live and Rune Prison on the PTS?

From what I recall, Rune Prison is a disorient, which means it cannot be blocked and CCs opponents. Being a disorient the CC stays on the target until it is broken either by a CC break or by direct damage (as per the morph). Since most semi-competant opponents immediate CC breaks stuns, what exactly was the functional difference? I don;t remember if Rune Prison could be dodged, but maybe it couldn't be (petrify for instance was a disorient that could not be dodged, or at least I don't think so).

So on Live right now, sorcs can pretty much auto CC anyone without immunity within 28 meters. Yet just about all sorcerers chose the Defensive rune morph. Before Wrobel decided he had to nerf Crystal Frags, he came to the conclusion the capacity for a sorc to CC anyone without immunity within 28 meters was strong and warranted adjustments ... but couldn't sorcerers already do this? Why were sorcerers going to abandon their previous choice on Live?

Draining Shot is a disorient and it can be blocked. Fairly certain Disorient has nothing to do with being blockable or not.

Disorients ignore block by design. Make a video of draining shot ignoring block and submit as a bug

Yeah, but the disorient is applied after knock back so the disorient part there is just to give everyone cc immunity after first DoT :D

@Joy_Division
    I can accept that, that was not something I knew, I had assumed because of the function of Draining Shot that disorient was not designed to ignore block. I can assure you that no video evidence is required to prove that Scatter Shot and morphs can indeed be blocked, I'm a bit surprised that you didn't know that.

It appears @SodanTok has provided a sufficient explanation. Yet another reason why the bow skill line is completely under-powered.

But that's a key difference between Rune Prison on Live. Rune Prison does not break on DoTs they way Magnum shot will be broke by Poison Injection. So a sorcerer using Rune Prison does not have nearly the worry of their target getting free CC immunity (unless of course other players are beating down the target with direct damage, which in such case the target is screwed anyway).

You're right in that most disorients are undermined by this mechanic. But not Rune Prison as it acts functionally similar to a stun. DK petrify being also something of an exception as the damage shield generally ensured the target stayed CCed long enough
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    KramUzibra wrote: »
    Gonna have to test it out but all things considered I don't think it's the end of the world. It's a major nerf to the skill itself for sure, but also one that presents room for adaptation and innovation of the way sorc is played. While often the stun from frags is essential to securing a kill, equally it sometimes stuns at times that are sub optimal. It's not at all how I'd handle these changes, but I also don't think it's gonna be class breaking in the way that the initial curse nerf would have been. I fully intend to play a dual wield build next patch though and this change is gonna hurt staff builds much more as they don't have as much bar flexibility.

My only hope is that the whining anti-sorc peasantry acknowledges how big of a nerf this is and shuts the *** up. Guarantee if it were flame lash, jabs/sweeps, or any one of the many hallmark NB offensive skills that was getting a core component stripped, the crying and lobbying would be palpable.

It's not really that big of a nerf, beside your given a more reliable cc anyways. Just like every other class must slot a lower dmg or no dmg ability to reliably get a cc sorcs now have to do the same.
    Every other class also has an instant cast spammable class dps skill.

...so go on, I'm waiting.
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KingJ wrote: »

Actually if you’ll go back and read I said that less cp means you have much less experience...which is 100% true
    Again that's false there many players with max cp who just doesn't know what they are doing.Just because I have max CP doesn't mean I have experience in anything that matter you can get max from fighting mobs which won't help you in pvp.you can probably get caps if all you did was pick flowers and fight the mobs you came across .Have Max cp means nothing when it comes to things that matter In the game.If you know how everything works and flow together I guarantee ill beat someone with a 300 cp character of I know how the game works and skills flow together better than him.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

That is most likely what will happen. Is same way with DK.
    HoloYoitsu wrote: »

How exactly is that comparable? We shouldn't have to slot a stun because we don't have a spammable even though force pulse exists.) DK doesn't have an execute, (can't get one from weapon lines if dw/mag) and still has to slot a separate stun.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • KramUzibra
    KramUzibra
    ✭✭✭✭

Stam dk has an instant spammable dmg skill?
    Edited by KramUzibra on October 1, 2017 7:44PM
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The very reason Frags has the stun to begin with is that sorc doesn't have a class spammable dps. Frags is sorc's primary dps skill, the CC is meant to offset the cast time/fishing for procs.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrobel has finally lost the very last of the benefit of the doubt I had for him. It's like surgically removing the fun from every class is his goal.

I'm considering playing my Sorc less, but what else would I play? He's already *** everything else.

SO MANY terrible, inexcusable, deeply stupid changes this year.
    Edited by MasterSpatula on October 1, 2017 7:51PM
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Calls everyone else clueless ahahaa. Sorcerer is literally the best CC class in the game next patch, with magDK being melee only and nb not having a root.

Streak is broken? An frontal aoe stun. Yeah it has bugs, but that doesn't mean its bad.

You know any magsorcs that run rune prison in solo play? Every decent mag sorc has defensive rune on 3rd bar. Now to get a CC you want magsorcs to sacrifice a slot on resto?

You advise to use streak? I don't think anyone still runs streak due to the sole fact that when it bugs - you die... Let's get real :smile:

Edited by GrigorijMalahevich on October 1, 2017 7:56PM
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
  • KramUzibra
    KramUzibra
    ✭✭✭✭

You know any magsorcs that run rune prison in solo play? Every decent mag sorc has defensive rune on 3rd bar. Now to get a CC you want magsorcs to sacrifice a slot on resto?

You advise to use streak? I don't think anyone still runs streak due to the sole fact that when it bugs - you die... Let's get real :smile:

Maybe with the changes more sorcs might consider running rune prison.
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Stam dk has an instant spammable dmg skill?
    I'm sorry, is dizzying swing interruptable?
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is frankly a good change in PVP. The combination of curse, mages wrath, and frags, all timed properly has long been what amounts to a very OP synergistic combo which allows 2 of the 3 major damage skills to be cast before the victim can sees anything alarming to react to and the last to deliver both the major burst damage and the stun that prevents reaction. It was a crazy powerful combo that basically required an add on to detect when fighting in a group where you don't see the animations of who is targeting you. This will take a little of the edge off. Sorc still has a powerful CC in streak that has other utility.

I'll actually give Wrobel a rare attaboy for this change. That combo was just so crazy OP. Somebody was really thinking when they designed that combo. They were thinking just a little too well.
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The very reason Frags has the stun to begin with is that sorc doesn't have a class spammable dps. Frags is sorc's primary dps skill, the CC is meant to offset the cast time/fishing for procs.

Where is it written that it's a core tenet of ESO that channeled/cast time abilities also have CCs attached to them to offset the cast time? I'm looking at Dark Flare but I don't see a CC. At this point you're just grasping at straws because you want CF to CC. That's totally fine. But you're not a Developer. You're really not in any position to make claims regarding the origin of the skill design by saying what the CC is or was meant to offset. And, anyway, clearly the actual Developers disagree since they're removing the CC.
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT