The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

@Someone or whoever can poke the one to fix the infinite loading screens in Cyrodiil

• Thunderclap
    Thunderclap
    ✭✭✭
    And again an endless loading screen. This time again using wayshrine from keep to base. Each day the same "fun". :/
    PC EU - PVP - CP 2300+Win 10 Home 64-bit - 32GB - SSD 1000GBIntel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHzNVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only one real way to fix it... cancel sub
  • Thunderclap
    Thunderclap
    ✭✭✭
    And again losing the connection to server. This time using wayshrine from keep to keep. I guess this fu... bug will never fix. :/
    PC EU - PVP - CP 2300+Win 10 Home 64-bit - 32GB - SSD 1000GBIntel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHzNVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The infinite loading screen in cyro is beyond infuriating. I use one transport station and after that, all bets are off. I cant count how many keeps we lost because our whole team go wiped from this nonsense.

Its not my modem, I have a new one with 1GB download speed and 100 mb upload, and dont have this issue in any other games.
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Figured I'd give the game another shot... resubbed for 1 month... 2 days later... infinite loading screen galore... F. ZOS!
  • Vovik
    Vovik
    ✭✭✭
    Hi @Docmandu - responding here based on what you and a few others posted in this thread. We shared your concerns and frustrations with the team and provided some examples (thanks again for the detail and links.) They're digging into loading screen logs going as far back as the beginning of May. Are you able to say if the crashes you've been experiencing are consistently tied to loading screen time-outs? Or are they separate?

Happens in Battle Grounds a lot too when you re-spawn. Friend of mine was stuck in the loading screen for so long he got booted from the battle ground for being afk...
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I thought it was a feature?
    PC EU
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another day, another infinite loading screen which ZOS will happily ignore.
  • Rocki
    Rocki
    ✭✭✭
    This wasn't actually in Cyrodiil but I was grinding dolmens in Alik'r during prime time to level up some skills on an alt and got the infinite loading screen several times in a couple of hours.
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another day.. another infinite loading screen... definately last time I pay for a sub @ZOS_JessicaFolsom since nothing is being done to resolve this long LONG LOOOOONG standing issue which is affecting quite a lot of people.
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This problem has been going on too long.

Have it happen a lot when I play when rezzing at a keep/camp or even just porting to another keep.

Fairly certain that more often than not, it is tied invisible players in your group. Often if they kick you and ride out of range, you'll load (but not always).

Not sure what is causing this issue, but it really should not be one. The invisible issue that is. Happens in PvE all the time as well, where you cannot see another player in a trial or dungeon run so they have to travel to you or run out or range and back, otherwise you will not be able to rez them if needed.

And it can cause big issues in some situations - it completely broke Cradle of Shadows when I ported in to help a friend finish it, I couldn't see one of them and they'd been there so long they said, let's just go. Well, when it ported us to the dark area, it sent me and the guy I couldn't see, put me in an almost never ending loading screen, then finally dropped me dead into the dark area after the group was already back fighting the boss. They rezzed my body that was in the room with them, even though I was not even there on my end (I was still running through the "maze" trying to get back) yet they just saw my character running around aimlessly in the room with Velidreth. Obviously we had to start that fight over and do the whole travel to another player and get back thing.

Main point is, the invisible group member bug shouldn't be happening, not after this long of a time to have worked on it. And if they fix that, it may fix a good majority of the issues of never ending loading screens in pvp as well.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »
    Main point is, the invisible group member bug shouldn't be happening, not after this long of a time to have worked on it. And if they fix that, it may fix a good majority of the issues of never ending loading screens in pvp as well.

Like I've said a couple of times already... I NEVER group in Cyrodiil... so this issue is not 100% related to grouping (it might have an influence or even cause another version of the issue... but any time it has happened to me this last 5 months, it has ALWAYS been when I'm not grouped).
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »
    This problem has been going on too long.

It's stunning. But so too are the 30-50% FPS drop and terrain LOD bugs introduced at the same time in 2.2. How can ZOS possibly be ignorant to these bugs when everyone I know is impacted by at least two of them? The answer is that they're not. They have to know, but have chosen the path of barely plausible deniability.

Someone at or near the top of Zenimax seems to have poor ethics. That is the only explanation. It is impossible for them to be unaware after almost two years.

Edited by zyk on September 23, 2017 9:41AM
  • Blacksheepart
    Blacksheepart
    ✭✭✭
    If you're in a group and someone is 'in the ground' you have to run out of render range and meet back up to make sure your whole group is able to be seen. If they are not, you will hit load screens. Not sure what the reason is behind this, but that seams to fix the issue.

However it doesn't fix the keep loadscreens when the walls go up. It also doesn't fix when you gap close into a load screen and fall through the world.
    ★🕱 || Eelelia || 🕱★
    Tertiary Meat

• T@rty
    T@rty
    ✭✭✭
    For a change I was in not in a group and still hit the infinite loading screen teleporting to a friendly keep that was not under attack. :-(
  • Hymzir
    Hymzir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been getting infinite loading screen more and more. A few months ago, it was like 1 every three or four days, but now... It's at least 4 times each day. Every time I have to close the program, re-log and then re-log on my character.

I get these from everything - changing zones, going into instances, using transitus shrines in Cyrodiil. I once left it loading and went to run errands, 30 minutes later... it was still loading.

When doing solo PVE it is only aggravatingly annoying, but in PVP... You lose keeps to it.

However, the real game breaker here is getting it on pop locked campaigns. You queue for ever to get in, fight for 15 minutes, try to port to another keep for the next fight, get infinite loading screens, terminate the program, run it again, log on, log on the character and re-queue to the campaign and note you gotta wait half an hour before you get back to the game. That is when you say: "*** it. *** it all. Gonna go do something else then."

So yeah.. FIX IT!
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And another infinite loading screen... done for the day... PvP was pretty crap anyway... nothing but petrify spam and super tanks... boring as ***
  • Dyngrin
    Dyngrin
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS needs to understand this is a serious issue that has been around for over 3 years and which seems to have gotten worse recently. The issue:

1. The game does not crash while porting within Cyrodiil but rather hangs indefinitely with a loading screen.
    2. It is not a client related issue.
    3. It may be related to the number of players simultaneously porting to/from a keep.
    4. It seems to be happening more often.
    5. It has been made worse since now when you log back in you have to re-queue for Cyrodiil.

I suspect some process is timing out or a resource is maxed out. Perhaps a critical event is not firing because the server is at max CPU utilization? Surely ZOS has many thousands of error logs for this issue and has made it a high priority to fix.

--Dyn
    Grand Overlord Dyngrin, Templar, Daggerfall Covenant (PC/NA)
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dyngrin wrote: »
    made it a high priority to fix.

Clearly not...
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Super lag fest ending in yet another infinite loading screen... what the frack is up with the servers these days.. the lag these days is like it was 2 years ago... 2-3 seconds to go through a door.. skills taking ages to register or just not registering at all... HORRIBLE!

@ZOS_BrianWheeler what the heck has happened the last few weeks for performance to become this bad again!?

.. like they will respond...
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sigh... guess what...
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And again... @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And again... @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And again... @ZOS_RichLambert ... running out of ZOS employees to ping... not that they give a rats ass
    Edited by Docmandu on October 8, 2017 11:36AM
  • Alexandrious
    Alexandrious
    ✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »
    will never be fixed, devs focused on loot crates and casual content

Fixed.
    Edited by Alexandrious on October 8, 2017 6:38PM
  • Alexandrious
    Alexandrious
    ✭✭✭
    Jamascus wrote: »
    _Crow wrote: »
    For all the money they got from the facebook lawsuit and all the money from the Morrowind DLC, I would hope some of that went to getting better servers, and wasn't all blown on adds for Morrowind. For real though, I have never seen a AAA game have problems like this for such a long time... it's sort of depressing tbh :(

Why would this game have ever been considered AAA?

But Jam! The game got mmorpg of the year twice from mmorpg.com!

Kek
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey guys. We are aware there's an issue here and it isn't getting any better. What we'd like to do is gather some information to see if there's any correlation or help more quickly pinpoint what the exact cause is. To be clear, we have been investigating and this isn't the first look we're doing, but more detailed information certainly helps expedite this. Things that would help include what platform/server you play on, which campaign you're in, where you're trying to load into or teleport to, the status of the keep you're trying to visit (if you're going to a keep), etc. The more info, the better.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey guys. We are aware there's an issue here and it isn't getting any better. What we'd like to do is gather some information to see if there's any correlation or help more quickly pinpoint what the exact cause is. To be clear, we have been investigating and this isn't the first look we're doing, but more detailed information certainly helps expedite this. Things that would help include what platform/server you play on, which campaign you're in, where you're trying to load into or teleport to, the status of the keep you're trying to visit (if you're going to a keep), etc. The more info, the better.

This might help.
    Video of keep switching load screen. Na PS4 vivec.

https://youtu.be/wxNVZp6vCro
    Edited by Koolio on October 10, 2017 5:42PM
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno

When loading screens occur:
    1) When a keep is repaired / upgrades
    2) When teleporting between keeps or respawning at a keep *This is the main culprit because it is the most common loading screen
    3) When using gap closer abilities over certain terrain (think warden friendly pull, crit rush)
    4) When going close to certain resources or places on the map (e.g. BRK farm)
    5) When trying to login after crashing in a high population area of the map.

What can contribute to causing endless loading screens
    a) being in a group where one player is outside of cyro
    b) being in a group where one or more players are 'invisible' prior to the port (as in their character isn't loading for you)
    Note: the fix to b) is to run out of draw distance of eachother and back to try and force a load of the character.
    c) Where the area you are porting into has a high population of players (think logging back in)

Some anecdotal fixes:
    i) as mentioned above ensure everyone is visible within your group prior to teleporting,
    ii) don't invite anyone far away from your group until they are in range so that a visibility check can occur.
    iii) set draw distance to 0 before logging in after crashing within a high population area this can normally help or at least get you logging back in at the home base rather than outside cyro.
    iv) when you near high population fights move slowly (i.e run on foot) to give the game chance to load players within the area gradually. (Seems to help with crashes)
    v) if repairing a wall make sure you move away from it a 82% / look away.
    vi) Kicking the invisible player will often cause the people stuck in loading to get out

Hope it helps.

PC EU, PC NA. Vivec, Sotha Sil.
    Edited by Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO on October 10, 2017 6:26PM
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    b) being in a group where one or more players are 'invisible' prior to the port (as in their character isn't loading for you)
    Note: the fix to b) is to run out of draw distance of eachother and back to try and force a load of the character.
    Ever since our guild has implemented visibility checks before setting off for a destination and when additional players are added to group, we've had much fewer load screens overall.

Sometimes we get brief ones from inner posterns being repaired beyond 90% so the wall is closed up, particularly when the camera is facing them we get a higher instance of these (could just be coincidental on the last part though).

Gap closer load screens (or as we say "I just got Wrobeled"), these seem to happen a little less often but are still occurring. I only had 1 last night in Vivec (PC/NA), and 0 from the previous week (Sotha and Vivec).

Sometimes keeps changing ownership results in a brief (but panicked) load screen.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube