The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

PTS Patch Notes v3.2.0 (Clockwork City)

• chaz
    chaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    (quote)New Houses
    Two new homes are available to preview in this update. Both of these Notable Homes can hold 350 Traditional Furnishings (700 with ESO+), 5 Special Furnishings (10 with ESO+), 40 Collectible Furnishings (80 with ESO+), and 5 Special Collectibles (10 with ESO+), as well as up to 24 other players. (/quote)

I see we still only get 5 Special Furnishings (10 with ESO+). Any chance of doubling this on both ends?

(quote)Trait Tracker
    Along with the ability to change traits, equipment tooltips now have an icon next to the trait that communicates the trait’s status:(/quote)

Will this also work with controller as I noticed the UI is so dumbed down with controller than the rich UI KB&M gets and I switch on the fly.

(quote)Champion Point Increase
    The Champion Point cap has been raised by a total of 30 points (10 in each red/blue/green constellation) for a total of 690(/quote)

Thank you. If only I can break 400 now.

(quote)General

You may notice some armor looks slightly different than the current versions on the Live megaservers. We’re working to resolve this so they won’t look any different. Affected armors are listed in the spoiler tag below: (/quote)

Ok my question is this, When are you going to make Deadric armor here in ESo look like the cool and awesome Deadric Armor of Skyrim? I loved that so much more.

(quote)In this update, we targeted the least used class abilities and morphs for major improvements with the goal being to promote build diversity and creating more interesting choices.(/quote)

Although most of those look great, but I have to ask this question. I haven't done this yet but it seems there are a lot of people now Sharing DragonKnight Heal tanks. Now especially in PvP area's link Alliance wars in Cyrodiil, these people learned to make a tank build that is nigh impossible to kill. I once made the mistake of stumbling into a time trap where I and a little over 20 others were all attacking this one tank, and couldn't kill him for over 20 minutes.

Sounds odd? Sounds fake? Well I'm sorry but that's 20 minutes of my life I'm never going to get back. Also, ""They"" love saying things like "well a tank is all defense, has no offensive ability". I say whom even told them that is wrong, sorry but these guys hit hard, and for someone like me that's built on depending on others to heal me, I'm lucky to last anywhere between 1 ++ full minute to under 3 minutes if i don't go down in less than 40 seconds.

Sorry, my opinion. Dragon Knight Tanks need to be nerfed.

Now that all said, I have actually 2 things of my own I wanted to discuss while I'm here. If ZoS is paying attention to these posts I hope they see this.

Your Steam version ZoS game launcher is broken. Since SEPT 11th. No matter how I communicated that with you, no one ever responded.

My character voice.
    Ok, it's great you gave us all the ability to have a character voice. I think it's fantastic, I like shouting and grunting and laughing. However, I also like to play the lute. Please, ZoS since the script is already in place for NPC's, can you allow an option for our character to be like the bards and actually sing the lyrics of the song they play on instrument? There's one particular song I like over the rest, however having an option to let my character actually sing the words to the song they play would be great. <3

Thanks.
    Those in power only have the illusion they are powerful, however in reality, those in power are only so because we allow them to be.

ESO Beta Test Ultimate Question for control!
    Lord Dagon's Mythic Dawn Guild is now recruiting. Dailies, trials, Raids, Fun, Discord (required for staying on Crown), guild bank and so much more. Msg me or mail me in game @Chaz for invite. **See Link Here** ElderScrollsOnlineYouTube

ElderScrollsOnline Purchase History April 17, 2017 through May 30th 2022 (Crowns,Upgrades, ESO Plus) = $5,610.38
  • IVIessiah_99
    IVIessiah_99
    ✭✭
    really disappointing changes.
    the nerf in maelstrom and master weapons isnt needed, barely a class balance in sight, and still no class skill atack for stam sorc.
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, because trial weapons drop in normal mode, does that mean Maelstrom Arena and Dragonstar Arena weapons will drop in normal mode too now?

*ducks behind couch*
  • MyrddinEmrys
    MyrddinEmrys
    ✭✭✭
    So, because trial weapons drop in normal mode, does that mean Maelstrom Arena and Dragonstar Arena weapons will drop in normal mode too now?

*ducks behind couch*

I am wondering the same thing as well. It would be the only "fair" way to proceede, though it would be fair if they made a VERY SLIGHTLY nerfed version of the staves drop in nMA (like 10% reduced bonuses).
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

*ducks behind couch*

I am wondering the same thing as well. It would be the only "fair" way to proceede, though it would be fair if they made a VERY SLIGHTLY nerfed version of the staves drop in nMA (like 10% reduced bonuses).

From what i've heard you can't get them from nMSA.

And tbh, if you could loot them from nMSA, they will have to reduce the bonus by atleast 90% to reflect the difference in difficulty!
    Noobplar
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭

*ducks behind couch*

I think the difference between MA/DSA and AS is that nMA is a complete joke compared to vMA, and nDSA is significantly easier than vDSA. On normal, AS bosses still have 12-man-trials-level health (iirc ~10m for the side bosses, ~25m for the middle one. Which is comparable to, say, nMOL).
  • MyrddinEmrys
    MyrddinEmrys
    ✭✭✭
    Destruent wrote: »

*ducks behind couch*

And tbh, if you could loot them from nMSA, they will have to reduce the bonus by atleast 90% to reflect the difference in difficulty!

To be honest, I've never gotten a vMA staff because the pain-in-the-arse to reward ratio is just too damn high. I would, however, be willing to go through nMA for the sake of one.
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Destruent wrote: »

*ducks behind couch*

To be honest, I've never gotten a vMA staff because the pain-in-the-arse to reward ratio is just too damn high. I would, however, be willing to go through nMA for the sake of one.

tbh grinding in skyreach is more difficult than nMSA, so better let that weapons drop in skyreach
    Noobplar
  • jcaceresw
    jcaceresw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS please, give us a "Class Change Token" please!!! I wanna get rid of my night blades and templar without losing all the progress I have done in them. Hope you can put in on sale in the Crown Store when ClockWork City goes live.
    Edited by jcaceresw on September 20, 2017 5:29PM
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Deyoz wrote: »
    It's nice that you create so fast new content but .. please fix the current game before you start to add more bugs over bugs.

And have everyone complain that they didn't release their quarterly "promised" update? The forums would explode with "they lied to us," " they betrayed us."
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Also re the Transmute Gem system, and as someone pointed out on the Gen Discussion thread, if the Gems are bound to the character that earned them and cannot be banked - what if, like most players, my Master Crafter isn't set up to run Vet dungeons, but my characters that are, aren't Crafters? In other words, if I'm running such content, that would mean ALL the characters that run such content should research all possible useful traits?

Kind of makes my Master Crafter a bit pointless more pointless (after the introduction of the research scrolls).

Simple, they're ACCOUNT WIDE. Like CP, so all your characters have access to it, which is why they cannot be banked, 'cuz they don't need to be banked.
  • MyrddinEmrys
    MyrddinEmrys
    ✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Also re the Transmute Gem system, and as someone pointed out on the Gen Discussion thread, if the Gems are bound to the character that earned them and cannot be banked - what if, like most players, my Master Crafter isn't set up to run Vet dungeons, but my characters that are, aren't Crafters? In other words, if I'm running such content, that would mean ALL the characters that run such content should research all possible useful traits?

Kind of makes my Master Crafter a bit pointless more pointless (after the introduction of the research scrolls).

Simple, they're ACCOUNT WIDE. Like CP, so all your characters have access to it, which is why they cannot be banked, 'cuz they don't need to be banked.

If this is true, then why not let them be banked so they don't take up a slot in my inventory?
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If this is true, then why not let them be banked so they don't take up a slot in my inventory?

bc they don't take up a slot in your inventory? like CP? like crowns?
    Noobplar
  • Leddle119
    Leddle119
    Soul Shriven
    When does this come out? For some reason I thought it was today....
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leddle119 wrote: »
    When does this come out? For some reason I thought it was today....
    DLCs are on PTS for at least 4 weeks before launch. So we're probably looking at the end of October.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Because it's a currency, so it doesn't take up an item slot. My guess as to why it's account wide currency that functions differently than the other currencies (gold, tel var, etc.) is that they want to have an easy way to cap the amount of the currency that you can have at any given time. Trying to track how much each character has vs. what is in the bank, it's easier to just have an ACCOUNT WIDE CURRENCY that they can then cap.
  • StrangerFull
    StrangerFull
    ✭✭✭
    Eidetic Memory
    • The following books can now be collected after completing the associated quest:
      • A Smuggler’s Plan
      • Black Snails Shipping Notice
      • Freshly Penned Note
      • Hamal’s Journal pages
      • Honored Ancestors
      • KIDNAPPING!
      • King Jolie’s Orders to General Mercedene
      • Letter to Baloth Bloodtusk
      • Letter to Savarak
      • Page from Sun-in-Shadow’s Journal
      • Shipyard Workers, Take Warning!
      • Sun-in-Shadow’s To Do List
      • Very Old Note
    • The following books can now be found and/or interacted with correctly:
      • Captain Black Sword’s Journal
      • Fires of Truth
      • Letter to Exarch Braadoth
      • Valyia’s Cargo Manifest
    • “Plea to Maximinus” is no longer part of the Notes and Memos collection.
    • “Snowmead’s Missive” can still be found if you already started the quest Labor Dispute by talking to Eitaki Snowmean.

You forgot about these books or any comments.

1. Captain Black Sword's Journal
    2. Adainaz's Journal
    3. A Less Rude Song
    4. Letter to Sonya (I have no book after quest at place, only second book)
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

The geode takes up inventory space. (The reward container.) It's not bankable and tied to character. Once you open the container, the container is consumed and the crystals become an account-wide currency not stored in the bank or on a character. However... you can only have 200 crystals stored.

So geodes will end up taking up inventory space. I did not personally test if they stack, but the patch notes indicate they do by mentioning a problem with opening a geode when you have a stack.
  • Krotha
    Krotha
    ✭✭✭
    Krotha wrote: »
    Leogon wrote: »
    Krotha wrote: »
    Why the hell would they make Battlegrounds CP enabled when everyone knows CP PvP is the most unbalanced area of this game? The best thing about Battlegrounds is the fact there is no CP in it so people have to work together and actually MANAGE RESOURCES.
    f7FdEdG.jpg

CP enabled is the most balanced, and most easily played by anyone.
    1) CP are available to everyone equally with a cap on how good each star can be and total anyone can spend. They also come really fast up to at least 350cp to get people powered up.
    2) People below level 50 that don't have CP aren't matched with the CP people and others who can easily get to that midlevel CP to compete anyway.
    3) They balanced sustain around CP so it's not easy or fun without it, forcing many builds to sacrifice utility and strength in order to not bend over huffing and puffing and die because of that.
    4) Certain stats, like resistance, still have a cap that is relatively easy to hit. CP just puts everybody there or close to it so that they all have balanced defenses and the rest is skill choice and relatively similar damage stats.

Without CP this game would be even more "FOTM class is overpowered". With CP instead, it is every class is overpowered somewhat which means they're all more equal.

You know why people really like non-CP pvp?
    They like winning with their gimmick FOTM overpowered class and skill choices against other people who just play what they like or don't know what is the FOTM gimmick to use.

People are selfish cheating competitive and ignorant in part or as a whole sometimes if not all the time. Either they don't know any better or don't care or only care about themselves and all the while they are all looking for "the easiest way to get ahead of everyone else".
    The rarer person is that one who doesn't care about getting ahead, but even they only don't care because there is no real loss. Real loss makes everyone selfish, but fake video game loss can be overcome as a motivating force that most fall to.

Listen up. What you described is carebear PvP.

Or did I really describe Fair-bear pvp?
    It has to be fair or not even you would play it. You want to be guaranteed to lose every time because it is unfair? Do you want death penalties for pvp other than just lost Tel Var stones? Do you want to lose character levels or have perma-death to your character?

I think I made my point. Loss isn't fun. It's the combat that is fun, but only if balanced. And you have more combatants if they don't feel like they are setup to fail and then punished for failing after.

/droptherealmic

There is nothing fair or balanced with CP PvP. Ask anyone who frequents BGs and they will tell you that CP will ruin battlegrounds. The only people wanting CP are those completely clueless to class balancing and oblivious to why they are getting packed up in combat.
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "...summon a Verminous Fabricant that charges the nearest enemy, dealing 10,000 Shock Damage to all enemies in its path..."

Well, if the Fabricant will charge to the nearest enemy, who else will it damage, since theoretically no other enemies will be in its path :)
  • Jamdarius
    Jamdarius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would you also please let us know if you consider increasing drop rate for Vvardenfell themed only furnishing recipes/furnishing items/motifs ? As it is now a casual player with about 1m gold like has no chance of ever obtaining them and I even bought Amaya Lake Lodge for crowns in hope of furnishing it with newly found recipes but as much as I had after 2 weeks farm I had 1 blue recipe and 3-4 green...

I know you guys make it low because some ppl will just buy it for crowns but ppl don't enjoy being blocked like that and I think you know you do... Plus when will you increase capacity for homes? At least 2-3 times as much as it is pretty please :)
  • Dharnagon
    Dharnagon
    ✭✭✭
    Fix kill enemy wardens quest?
    The Pride of The Eagle is its power itself!
    Eagles, Advance!
  • Dharnagon
    Dharnagon
    ✭✭✭
    Cp BG +1
    Retrait system +1
    New weaps and remodeling existing weaps +1
    New are with new DG and trial +1
    New hybrid sets 0
    Kill enemy wardens quest unfixed -99999
    The Pride of The Eagle is its power itself!
    Eagles, Advance!
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can the awesome Wrothgar Ruin house have a raised gate at the bridge entrance. It would look so much better than a open doorway. Also some siege weapons damaged and burning between the bridge gate house and the main entrance to the house would give a great detailed touch of battles. being that we can't decorate that area.
    Edited by Krainor1974 on September 21, 2017 3:24PM
  • Cocobenji
    Cocobenji
    Well, How do we know the amount stones if it can t be inside of our own bank ?
    Edited by Cocobenji on September 22, 2017 1:57AM
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cocobenji wrote: »
    Well, How do we know the amount stones if it can t to be inside of our own bank ?

There's a currency tab in your inventory.
  • Eirella
    Eirella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Megabear wrote: »
    Somehow I have a hard time believing this:

In this update, we’ve been hard at work improving the performance of the client. We’ve overhauled how the client handles animations, significantly reducing memory requirements.

Additionally, we’ve made significant optimizations to the Scene Graph. Together, these two additions have resulted in significant gains in frame rate and improved load times into areas with many characters and/or buildings.

Made improvements to the overall frame rate.

Improved load times into areas with many characters and/or buildings.

Fixed a number of infrequent game crashes.

Yeah don't they say this every update and yet performance gets worse? :D
    (PC/NA) - | @Eirella - formerly @jinxgames | CP 1000+ | Mainly PvPer (EP) | Haxus
    /uninstalled
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eirella wrote: »
    Megabear wrote: »
    Somehow I have a hard time believing this:

In this update, we’ve been hard at work improving the performance of the client. We’ve overhauled how the client handles animations, significantly reducing memory requirements.

Additionally, we’ve made significant optimizations to the Scene Graph. Together, these two additions have resulted in significant gains in frame rate and improved load times into areas with many characters and/or buildings.

Made improvements to the overall frame rate.

Improved load times into areas with many characters and/or buildings.

Fixed a number of infrequent game crashes.

Yeah don't they say this every update and yet performance gets worse? :D

Have you tried it? The performance for me is much improved. It is painful to go back to live after getting used to these shorter load times in PTS.
  • saf227_ESO
    saf227_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    qjgczzijaej8.jpg

For this update, we’ve supplied one max-level template aptly named "Clockwork City". The Template will place you in Mournhold, in the City Center complex. Talk to Eldrasea Deras - who will be right in front of you - to start your quest to enter the Clockwork City. We’ve also begun a concerted effort to improve the quality of Character Templates used on the PTS:
    • Your character will now have 690 Champion Points, the new Champion Point maximum.
    • You will have far more skill points available to use.
    • You will know all Traits for Blacksmithing, Clothing, and Woodworking. In addition, all Tradeskills will be at Rank 50.
    • Warden characters made with this Character Template will have their skill lines properly maxed out.
    • The Undaunted skill line will be at maximum rank (now 10).
    • You'll start with a significant amount of gold, AP, Tel Var stones, Writ Vouchers, and the new Transmute Crystals.
    • The loot that the character starts with will include boxes that contain the vast majority of item sets in the game including all Monster Masks, overland dropped sets, and dungeon dropped sets. This includes the item sets dropped in the new Clockwork City zone, as well.
    • The template's starting items also include the new Asylum and Perfect Asylum weapons, ability-altering weapons that are otherwise only available in the new Asylum Sanctorium Trial.
    • The Crafter's Limitless Library now includes the Motifs found everywhere in the game.
      • Note that the Library can only provide so many Motifs at a go, so if the character doesn't know many Motifs, the Library may not be able to provide them all.
    • You will start with knowledge of the 10 base Racial Motifs already learned.
    • Known Issue: Characters made with the "Clockwork City" character template will not have Legerdemain unlocked or maxed out. This'll be fixed in the next PTS patch.
    • We plan to continue improving Character Templates in future Updates. We'd love to hear your feedback on the improvements we've made so far, and to hear suggestions for things you'd like to see on Character Templates in the future.

It would be nice if you remembered that Maw of Lorkhaj was a trial - and you could be bothered to include those sets.
    Also - for all the coffers containing weapon sets - it would also be nice to include 2 of all one handed weapons - for dual wield purposes.
    If you want us to build the characters we want and go out & test them and the world, it would be helpful to have all the equipment we need to do so.

Thanks.
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Infallible Aether seems to be missing as well.