The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Patch Notes v3.2.0 (Clockwork City)

• Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I rechecked my math from another thread and actually nirnhoned and sharpened are better in different situations than each other.

Sharpened tends to be better when the armor level of your target would put damage reduction, barring caps, between 18% and 52.5%. Above or below that range and the benefit of nirnhoned is greater. The reason for the 52.5% is because sharpened is affected by armor rating over the cap and thus reduced in effectiveness.

I still would not choose sharpened over nirnhoned without knowing the exact armor level of the enemy I would be facing.
    And sharpened doesn't affect healing. Nirnhoned does.
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baranthus wrote: »
    Why are people moaning about CP being used in BG? You do realise that YOU have CP too, right?And that no one really has a terrifying advantage because CP are also capped?

Because not all players have 660/690cp points. Having just a few or a few hundred would mean inferiority to maxed players.

There are already too many tanky builds in non-cp BGs with preformed groups of top10 leaderlist players that are utterly annoying, to say the least. They don't play for fun but for leaderlist scores. With CP I imagine it won't be playable at all.

A very very bad move. I understand the reasoning, but BGs are not yet ready for that. We need one non-cp and one cp campaigns with 10-49 for starters. But BGs need to played by more people for that.
  • aeowulf
    aeowulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hi,

There have been some threads offering some good suggestions for NB and their unused skills.

here post #2:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4327214#Comment_4327214

& OP here:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4315747#Comment_4315747

Please can you have a look at making NB viable tanks, they have never been the best at tanking but this role pretty much removed from them with Morrowind.

That new heal should be pretty good considering it's the only skill in the game you can kill yourself with! Shame we lost some cc for it... Agony was my life saver as PVE NB back in the days when i could only kill one mob at a time.
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maboleth wrote: »
    Baranthus wrote: »
    Why are people moaning about CP being used in BG? You do realise that YOU have CP too, right?And that no one really has a terrifying advantage because CP are also capped?

Because not all players have 660/690cp points. Having just a few or a few hundred would mean inferiority to maxed players.

Champion point difference from 400 to 690 is not that huge actually. Even at 400, you have most of the good stuff at 75% effectiveness because of their rebalance to those stars.

Also, that would be a flaw in their matchmaking not treating CP like levels and having different brackets in there. They have the ability to sort for specific CP levels in the guild trader but not in pvp. Funny.
    Anyway, they balance around having at least midlevel 300+ CP. I wouldn't pvp before then as I avoid most pvp content before then also. It's not easy to keep magicka or stamina up before then, and not easy after but easier. Before then, you're just trying to sustain and then you worry about damage after.

PVP is rather broken in this game anyway. Always has been and always will be because of the nature of the game. Developers have tried to get pvp right in tab-target-lock/auto-aim games for years and there is no way to do it and allow "unique character builds".
    The only way to make pvp work is to homogenize characters, which is why CP is being pushed as it helps to do that. The more CP buffs players more than their gear does, the more alike we all get. They just need to add unique skills like pets and cloak to all classes and make them nearly identical and they will be really close to perfect balance. Or, they could just give everyone every skill, like the mmo Champions Online did, and color them differently possibly for different themes, maybe differing animations, and then it would be all equal and balanced and fair.
  • ShadowHvo
    ShadowHvo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why no Coldharbour Surreal Estate *Cries in many undead tears*
    Nighren - The Shadow Striker
    Leader of Bloodlines
    -- EU --

Want to roleplay in elder scrolls online? Check out eso-rp.com
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ShadowHvo wrote: »
    Why no Coldharbour Surreal Estate *Cries in many undead tears*

Waiting for next imperial city anniversary? LOL
    I think they should release it too since it has likely been done for a while.
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone tried that "new" Solar Barrage skill?
    - pulse damage value?
    - does it crit?
    - radius of pulsing?
    - barrage + radiant lazy combo viable?
  • SlinkySlack
    SlinkySlack
    ✭✭✭
    MakoFore wrote: »

adding more cp? 690? whens it going to end? i dont think anyone that has that many points thinks- "boy i feel really underpowered" . .............

I have 762 cp (ps4eu) and I see that as a very low amount. The most I've seen so far is 1346 cp (pcna), keep in mind that its the most I've seen, I've heard of more but have not seen yet.

• CelticStones
    CelticStones
    ✭✭✭
    'Asylum and Perfect Asylum Weapons'

Yet again locked out of these weapons (same with vMA weapons) due to low bandwidth and high ping. I have managed to complete 2 trial runs out of about 15 runs, due to game crashing/lagging so bad, and will be forever stuck on the last boss of vMA up top stage. Not everyone has 10mbps or more. Struggling with my <1/2 mbps max up and down............

I recommend a cellphone with unlimited data plan for you. I've been where you are and only recently got even a 10mbps service, which is unreliable, while nearby towns get 60mbps. 4gLTE cellphone is actually more reliable and better for me.

Also, the game crashing is more than likely an older computer, or console, problem. You likely need an upgrade. I currently need a graphics card upgrade myself. I'm on 5 year old hardware and it works well except when the screen completely blacks out sometimes.

Thanks for the input :) . I wish the solution was simply my hardware, alas it's not the problem, 12 gig ram, 4 gig graphics on a 12 month old laptop. Unfortunately I cant get G4 coverage. Living in a rural location outside of the coverage of the nearest tower relay. Only option is wait it out (estimate for line upgrade 2025) or satellite at exorbitant prices for Gig of data. The bottle neck is the cabinet and very old copper wires. The game crash only occurs in trials at boss fights after hanging and stuttering for 30 secs, and lag spikes above 10- 15k. Can handle vet 4mans with just the occasional bar swap issue. Oh well.
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    'Asylum and Perfect Asylum Weapons'

Yet again locked out of these weapons (same with vMA weapons) due to low bandwidth and high ping. I have managed to complete 2 trial runs out of about 15 runs, due to game crashing/lagging so bad, and will be forever stuck on the last boss of vMA up top stage. Not everyone has 10mbps or more. Struggling with my <1/2 mbps max up and down............

I recommend a cellphone with unlimited data plan for you. I've been where you are and only recently got even a 10mbps service, which is unreliable, while nearby towns get 60mbps. 4gLTE cellphone is actually more reliable and better for me.

Also, the game crashing is more than likely an older computer, or console, problem. You likely need an upgrade. I currently need a graphics card upgrade myself. I'm on 5 year old hardware and it works well except when the screen completely blacks out sometimes.

Thanks for the input :) . I wish the solution was simply my hardware, alas it's not the problem, 12 gig ram, 4 gig graphics on a 12 month old laptop. Unfortunately I cant get G4 coverage. Living in a rural location outside of the coverage of the nearest tower relay. Only option is wait it out (estimate for line upgrade 2025) or satellite at exorbitant prices for Gig of data. The bottle neck is the cabinet and very old copper wires. The game crash only occurs in trials at boss fights after hanging and stuttering for 30 secs, and lag spikes above 10- 15k. Can handle vet 4mans with just the occasional bar swap issue. Oh well.

Hanging and stuttering is a dead giveaway of overheating components. You're on a laptop. I had one for gaming before and it was practically useless after 2 years from all the heat and dead after 3 years.
    You really do need an upgrade, perhaps a cheap desktop that is small form factor since you likely only game at home and it will still serve your "game in a small space" possible needs.

It's definitely hardware issues for you. Like I said, lag is different and you don't see FPS drops when it's just ping. The game has a fps and ping indicator you can turn on and place on your screen. Do that. If you're seeing scrambling up stuttering picture and freezing visuals then it's hardware. If you're seeing everything smooth 60fps and you can still move but everything else around "takes five" then it is connection. It could be both, but I would bet money it's your laptop overheating like all computers eventually do but laptops really suffer from.
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    or satellite at exorbitant prices for Gig of data.

Doubt satellite internet would be an enoyable experience.. the round trip time is just too high to send something from earth to space and back again. It would be a bit like living in australia :wink:

• IwakuraLain42
    IwakuraLain42
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty meh changes for Nightblades, the change to Mass Hysteria nerfed the only half-way reliable protection mechanism available to the class (cloak is still unreliable and not everyone is a Vampire). The other morph is not really useful if being pressed. This means that ganking/bombing are the only viable playstyles for the class.

I don't get the changes to Agony: a heal that damages you, the player who is usually the most squishy of all players in a party ? Are we supposed to offset that damage with Funnel Health/Leeching ? Sounds very risky with no real reward compared to Rapid Regen.
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm sure now in the office of ZOS there is something like that:

Gina Bruno: 'Eric, people are complaining that you buffed sorcs with the asylum staves.'
    Eric Wrobel: 'Geez... again? People act like the force pulse is a sorc-exclusive skill. Everybody has access to it and can slot it on their bar to benefit from the weapon bonuses.'

And Wrobel is right to be honest. I just don't get people here anymore... Would you like ZOS to buff elemental drain instead? Most people, even here on the forum, expected (or even wanted) that the new weapons will alter force shock. So they do and suddenly there is a great surprise and indignation. Oh people, people...
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You're right the guy with 690 cp has no advantage over the person with 160, we stand corrected. Must be a frequent BG player as well, am I right.

He earned those cp by playing the game longer. What is with gamers these days? You dont don't want to do any hard work. Everyone has the same opportunity to play as much as they want and grow as strong as they want.

Just shutup if you're going to respond with something completely irrelevant to the point my man. No advantage belongs in battlegrounds, nor should there be any hand holding lol what's wrong with gamers? People like you who've grown accustomed to the hand holding if anything, no competitive spirit & a need to feel entitled to an advantage.

Battlegrounds as they are now are fine balance wise, period.

I would love to see people's input on BGs vs how many BG wins they actually have. It's the zerglings that think CP is going to magically make them relevant in BGs now. I am well above max CP, that has nothing to do with this argument I thrive in BGs and the people I play with do too. We also did very well on cyrodill. That being said, They ruined cyrodill with the mindless zerg fights and stale gameplay that CP created (i.e unkillable builds and infinite resource management).

BGs are breath of fresh air away from this style of gameplay and they created easily the most competitive atmosphere with this mode being non CP. If you actually play BGs you can see the skill ceilings with different class types and typically, it's the same people who dominated 1vX in cyro thriving in BGs. It's not that we are boohooing that CP is being added, we will do just fine and then some, it's that it's going to kill the competitiveness of BGs and turn it in to the same, boring, brainless gameplay that cyrodill is. Rant over..hope this doesn't go live.
    Edited by HEBREWHAMMERRR on September 19, 2017 11:01AM
  • cory8325
    cory8325
    ✭✭
    Gina,

Any chance that master and maelstrom weapons will be revamped for perfect and imperfect? Imperfect dropping from normal like asylums with a lesser bonus?
  • rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    RIP Maelstrom staffs
  • Wikter_Bravo
    Wikter_Bravo
    ✭✭✭
    Seems to me that zenimax never actually takes feedback from PvP seriously or even looks at PvP. For example the change to petrify, if you wanted to completely make someone trapped then couple this with talons and you're done. The current state of petrify isn't perfect but its much better than what it will become. I dont hate mag dks or any class but when you are perma cc'd by talons and petrify, the game really becomes boring. The changes to battlegrounds is probably one of the worst things that could happen, it was always fun going up against pre made groups of mag sorcs, magplars, mag dks mag wardens and stamblades with insane heals and damage while in non cp. Now you get to enjoy more cancer with cp. I was totally hyped for BG as it allowed me to escape the zergs and ball groups of cyro but BG has just become a mess and now it will become even more chaotic. So my question to you zeni is this, who do you ask when it comes to cyrodill and PvP? Do you even ask anyone what goes on? Because to me, it seems like you just take changes and apply them without asking anyone.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enough with the sorceror love zos, you keep buffing sorc even while they are at the top of the power creep already, and you....nerf nb. Im starting to think the engine is running...but noone is actually steering..

PC EU
    PvP only
  • xdbl0ckx
    xdbl0ckx
    Banana wrote: »
    ***. I deconned any vma shields i had a long time ago :'(

No worries...

The Master and Maelstrom One Hand and Shield Item Sets now require you to use both the One Handed Weapon and Shield together. Since the shield did not need to be paired with the One Handed Weapon originally, a brand new shield will be mailed to you for each One Handed Weapon you currently possess.
    Xbox - NA
  • PS4_ZeColmeia
    PS4_ZeColmeia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »
    No healing ward fix?? Been broken for so long now

Not in this patch, but we're currently testing a fix for it.

@ZOS_GinaBruno Morrowind/HOTR/Clockwork City changes combined have been about as game changing and positive for the as One Tamriel. I know @Wrobel does a year ahead vision, but I want to really suggest that you all make a sticky on the dev forum with a bug tracker, intended changes (general until its tested and on PTS), and have them filed under the "vision ahead" tags.

We rail and rail and rail against you guys all the time because the community communication in regards to these issues are not well executed. Honestly, if you all had some version of this and then executed as you have so far, you would be getting as much praise as the developers for Destiny and Borderlands. Both of which do this exact thing on their forums and I would suggest using them as a benchmark for yourselves. By benchmark I mean in a business sense, not in a derogatory way.

I love this game and the last 2 years of changes have been nothing short of breathing life into a game that had major fundamental problems or problems within the MMO genre. You guys and gals are your own worst enemy on getting the kudos from your customers and being able to take continual victory laps. A change would do more to increase your subscriptions and customer base than most anything else.

Please, please, please do some version of these changes in your communication method, you know unless you're a bunch of masochists and enjoy / prefer the abuse.
    PSN: ***___Chan (3 _s)
    Hybrid, All-Role NB
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You're right the guy with 690 cp has no advantage over the person with 160, we stand corrected. Must be a frequent BG player as well, am I right.

He earned those cp by playing the game longer. What is with gamers these days? You dont don't want to do any hard work. Everyone has the same opportunity to play as much as they want and grow as strong as they want.

Just shutup if you're going to respond with something completely irrelevant to the point my man. No advantage belongs in battlegrounds, nor should there be any hand holding lol what's wrong with gamers? People like you who've grown accustomed to the hand holding if anything, no competitive spirit & a need to feel entitled to an advantage.

I would love to see people's input on BGs vs how many BG wins they actually have. It's the zerglings that think CP is going to magically make them relevant in BGs now. I am well above max CP, that has nothing to do with this argument I thrive in BGs and the people I play with do too. We also did very well on cyrodill. That being said, They ruined cyrodill with the mindless zerg fights and stale gameplay that CP created (i.e unkillable builds and infinite resource management).

BGs are breath of fresh air away from this style of gameplay and they created easily the most competitive atmosphere with this mode being non CP. If you actually play BGs you can see the skill ceilings with different class types and typically, it's the same people who dominated 1vX in cyro thriving in BGs. It's not that we are boohooing that CP is being added, we will do just fine and then some, it's that it's going to kill the competitiveness of BGs and turn it in to the same, boring, brainless gameplay that cyrodill is. Rant over..hope this doesn't go live.

CP isn't boring; mindless zerging is a symptom of cyro not having the quick fights that players need from this game. That's why you'll only see players go to some locations at risk of losing their factions campaign score. Why is this? Because players don't want to sit and read 20 hours on lectures on how to be the best player. They want to get in, have fun and get out before their spouse/parent gets agitated or real life demands occur. nCP demands you have a group to function with in order to get back your sustain/DMG missing from the CP system. This means casual players or solo oriented players will never be able to function; they won't have the time to make those social connections to maintain a group without it feeling like a job. CP let's you play at your own pace, without removing build flexibility and gives you the stats you need to overcome tank builds; it's less elitist and I believe those elitist changes makes this game worse not better.

What CP gives is an extra 1-2k resorces, 12% crit, 20% extra crit DMG, 2000-3000 penetration, 12-13% extra Regen and around 2900 extra armor if you pick that. That's it. They are basically the same game, except you don't need an extra teammate to be effective in CP cyro.

Myth - CP makes the most extreme tanky players.
    Ironclad/thick skin only has a total mitigation increase of 1% from 18%-21%, under buffed resists from 18k-22k. The more you stack into those mitigation stars, won't increase your chances to stay alive despite what other people think. Because even with 10% in Hardy/elemental defender, you will only increase the incoming DMG 1% or 2% when you factor in minor protection, minor maim, 18k resists, and 18% Ironclad/thick. Yes these stats make players more tanky than nCP, but consider the fact that there are DMG oriented stars that are the direct counter to these tanky stars. 20% in ironclad+20% in master at arms means you'll cancel out the DMG buffs. And if you go 23% (which would take 73 points) you'll only gain 3% extra DMG. Factor in Hardy/physical DMG, it's easy to get 10% in both. 11-12% isn't far fetched either. So that's another 1-2% extra DMG. That's 5% extra DMG; you'll get better burst from the major/minor buff system and running high penetration/80% crit DMG which is only possible from the extra stats provided from the CP system.

This means crit resist> other mitigation. Players will be able to function between 70-80% crit DMG, and get those crits reliably. They can then give themselves 10k penetration+ add a major breach/fracture giving them superior 15280 penetration. You can still make mistakes and die. You need 4k crit resists to mitigate almost fully below crit Dmg 70%, but it won't save you from 80% builds (temps/nightblades/minor force/builds maxing crit DMG star).

Block is terribly amazing. Everyone can get 20% block reduction. Idk why no one does it with LA+MA and then expects to magically mitigate DMG. For example, Block with frost staff will put you with an extra 10% total mitigation (this is why there are block builds in CP, the mitigation is unreal). But no one can complain, max CP gives everyone regardless of armor selection 20% reduction while still getting 13% in their favorite Regen+ 10% break free cost reduction+ another 5-10% in dodge roll. Is this not the definition of balanced? Everyone with the stats they need to function, makes it a game of mechanics+skills instead of armor/class.

That's why CP > nCP in this current patch.
    Edited by Minno on September 19, 2017 2:35PM
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

CP isn't boring; mindless zerging is a symptom of cyro not having the quick fights that players need from this game. That's why you'll only see players go to some locations at risk of losing their factions campaign score. Why is this? Because players don't want to sit and read 20 hours on lectures on how to be the best player. They want to get in, have fun and get out before their spouse/parent gets agitated or real life demands occur. nCP demands you have a group to function with in order to get back your sustain/DMG missing from the CP system. This means casual players or solo oriented players will never be able to function; they won't have the time to make those social connections to maintain a group without it feeling like a job. CP let's you play at your own pace, without removing build flexibility and gives you the stats you need to overcome tank builds; it's less elitist and I believe those elitist changes makes this game worse not better.

What CP gives is an extra 1-2k resorces, 12% crit, 20% extra crit DMG, 2000-3000 penetration, 12-13% extra Regen and around 2900 extra armor if you pick that. That's it. They are basically the same game, except you don't need an extra teammate to be effective in CP cyro.

Ironclad/thick skin only has a total mitigation increase of 1% from 18%-21%, under buffed resists from 18k-22k. The more you stack into those mitigation stars, won't increase your chances to stay alive despite what other people think. Because even with 10% in Hardy/elemental defender, you will only increase the incoming DMG 1% or 2% when you factor in minor protection, minor maim, 18k resists, and 18% Ironclad/thick. Yes these stats make players more tanky than nCP, but consider the fact that there are DMG oriented stars that are the direct counter to these tanky stars. 20% in ironclad+20% in master at arms means you'll cancel out the DMG buffs. And if you go 23% (which would take 73 points) you'll only gain 3% extra DMG. Factor in Hardy/physical DMG, it's easy to get 10% in both. 11-12% isn't far fetched either. So that's another 1-2% extra DMG. That's 5% extra DMG; you'll get better burst from the major/minor buff system and running high penetration/80% crit DMG which is only possible from the extra stats provided from the CP system.

This means crit resist> other mitigation. Players will be able to function between 70-80% crit DMG, and get those crits reliably. They can then give themselves 10k penetration+ add a major breach/fracture giving them superior 15280 penetration. You can still make mistakes and die. You need 4k crit resists to mitigate almost fully below crit Dmg 70%, but it won't save you from 80% builds (temps/nightblades/minor force/builds maxing crit DMG star).

Block is terribly amazing. Everyone can get 20% block reduction. Idk why no one does it with LA+MA and then expects to magically mitigate DMG. For example, Block with frost staff will put you with an extra 10% total mitigation (this is why there are block builds in CP, the mitigation is unreal). But no one can complain, max CP gives everyone regardless of armor selection 20% reduction while still getting 13% in their favorite Regen+ 10% break free cost reduction+ another 5-10% in dodge roll. Is this not the definition of balanced? Everyone with the stats they need to function, makes it a game of mechanics+skills instead of armor/class.

So you reference that people want quick fun fights but fail to realize that this change will draw out every single battleground game due to these infinite sustain builds that are going to litter BGs. You already see these tank builds in the current BG state, they're killable, but it takes some good coordination from your team. Times this by 4 and you're going to have TDM games being won with scores around 100, every game is going to go full time. Chaosball? lol give it to the self sustaining tank, crazy king? Lol lets all stand around guarding and blocking..we won't die, but we won't lose points. CTF..standstill matches of everyone taking / holding each others relic with no real solution to counter this. Domination..just sucks in current state and won't be any better.

Do you play BGs? I mean the direction this will put BGs in is so obvious but I just wonder if it's people who failed to succeed in BGs and think this is some magical solution. It's not. This is going to absolutely ruin the battleground format all together.
    Edited by HEBREWHAMMERRR on September 19, 2017 2:47PM
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kevduit wrote: »
    "When you deal damage, you have a 10% chance to call a murder of crows around you for 12 seconds. Every 3 seconds a crow will be sent to peck the closest enemy within 12 meters of you, dealing 4000 Physical Damage. This effect can occur once every 15 seconds."

This... This I like...

Finally, craftable armor that may actually be useful. We haven't seen that since Wrothgar.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kevduit wrote: »
    "When you deal damage, you have a 10% chance to call a murder of crows around you for 12 seconds. Every 3 seconds a crow will be sent to peck the closest enemy within 12 meters of you, dealing 4000 Physical Damage. This effect can occur once every 15 seconds."

This... This I like...

Finally, craftable armor that may actually be useful. We haven't seen that since Wrothgar.

Thats why it is not craftable :D
    Edited by SodanTok on September 19, 2017 3:16PM
  • Starshadw
    Starshadw
    ✭✭✭✭
    You know, when I first heard about the transmutation system, I was excited. As someone who has horrible RNG luck, I thought "Finally, ZOS is throwing folks like me a bone, and giving us a way to finally obtain the gear we want/need."

And then I read these patch notes. "Transmute Crystals, precious resources occasionally received for successfully completing Veteran PvE activities such as Pledges, Trials, and Arenas, and several PvP sources such as Rewards for the Worthy, Battleground end of match rewards, and AvA end of campaign rewards. Transmute Crystals are an account wide, capped currency which cannot be banked or traded.

Occasionally received. @ZOS_GinaBruno... please reconsider this.

Adding in another RNG drop does not in any way alleviate the RNG issue folks have in the game. These things should drop 100% of the time from wherever it is they are supposed to drop.

I get it - you want to slow progression. But there are far better ways to do that than sticking us with yet another RNG drop. Here are just two ways to accomplish the same thing:

1. Tie the crystals to quests - so have them get added into the bags that drop at the end of trials, have them be an award from the Undaunted quests if the dungeons are completed on veteran (so the reward would be the keys plus a crystal), etc. This will prevent people from simply farming vet dungeons and amassing crystals.

2. Make it require more than one crystal to perform the transmutation (which you already have). So it takes 40 crystals to change the trait on a single item. This would additionally slow down a person's ability to retrait items.

There's already enough RNG in the game. You still have to get the right gear set to drop (I don't want to talk about the number of times I've run a dungeon looking for a specific gear set, only to get none of that set to drop at all), and in the case of weapons, the right weapon type.

ETA: These things should also be bankable. We should be able to pool the resources from our characters, especially since you're requiring 40 of the things. This is even more true if using the station also requires a crafter of a particular level of expertise. We need to be able to give these things to our main crafter character.

The Transmutation System shouldn't be yet another "if you're lucky enough to get the drop" situation. It should be a way to help those with awful RNG, not yet another way to frustrate them.
    Edited by Starshadw on September 19, 2017 3:35PM
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    10nmbc.jpg
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MyKillv2.0 wrote: »
    I wish they would rework battlegrounds selection. Going up against premade groups when you PuG is no fun. Truth be told, it isn't that much fun when you roll with a premade group and face a PuG group either.

Simply this.

Edit:
    And new crafted sets are... ***... no one plays hybrids anyway, why you give use useless sets?
    Edited by Mayrael on September 19, 2017 3:26PM
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

So you reference that people want quick fun fights but fail to realize that this change will draw out every single battleground game due to these infinite sustain builds that are going to litter BGs. You already see these tank builds in the current BG state, they're killable, but it takes some good coordination from your team. Times this by 4 and you're going to have TDM games being won with scores around 100, every game is going to go full time. Chaosball? lol give it to the self sustaining tank, crazy king? Lol lets all stand around guarding and blocking..we won't die, but we won't lose points. CTF..standstill matches of everyone taking / holding each others relic with no real solution to counter this. Domination..just sucks in current state and won't be any better.

Do you play BGs? I mean the direction this will put BGs in is so obvious but I just wonder if it's people who failed to succeed in BGs and think this is some magical solution. It's not. This is going to absolutely ruin the battleground format all together.

Those tanks, should they choose to run them, won't get kills. Dps classes will have similar mitigation but superior burst/sustain. But those classes currently dont realize the important of diminishing returns; CP = soft caps in how effective the Stars really are.

A player running LA/MA will have more crit chance. LA would be giving you the extra penetration to make those tanks less effective, and easy access to major fracture+ maul giving 20% penetration. 80% crit DMG+12000 to 15280 penetration gives you the power to hit those tanks and unblockable cc gives you the tools to break a builds block. That's why they gave sorcs+nightblade+DK unblockable cc this upcoming patch; time the burst+cc when it hits to ensure it sticks. Wasn't this the type of game we originally feel in love with?

I stopped playing BGs after poisons+proc sets+spamable snares took hold as meta, it was fun before that when both experienced players and pugs had equal footing. CP gives everyone the tools to survive, whereas nCP highlights why certain classes roll certain sets and pigeonholes certain builds for each class.

Before the sustain changes, CP was over the top in that people could just spam abilities with no real negative. nCP during this time was enjoyable because you could craft an easy build that gained some sustain back through abilities/sets which was countered by poisons. Nerfs to those abilities/sets made nCP cease to provide this fluid PvP; it made it frustrating to deal with classes that could make their sustain work while others using poisons to deny you the ability to Regen entirely.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Devilhand
    Devilhand
    ✭✭✭
    wzjpad3w66d8.jpg

Nightblade
    • Shadow
      • Manifestation of Terror (Aspect of Terror morph): This morph now fears up to 6 enemies per trap, up from 2, and the trap no longer triggers if a crowd control-immune enemy walks over it. Enemies can also now see an initial projectile marking the trap’s location.
      • Mass Hysteria (Aspect of Terror morph): This morph no longer fears an additional enemy, but only fears the same amount of enemies as the base ability (2 enemies). It continues to inflict Minor Maim as a morph effect.
        Developer Comments:
        We wanted to distinguish the gameplay between Aspect of Terror’s morphs. Mass Hysteria grants an instant fear and strong debuff, while Aspect of Terror is more delayed but affects more targets.

Because Aspect of Terror is now more powerful against groups, we’ve made the initial projectile visible to help add counterplay to the ability.
    • Siphoning
      • Agony: This ability and its morphs is now an ally-targeted spell that heals them over time and damages you for 50% of the amount healed. We also renamed this ability to Malevolent Offering.
        • Malefic Wreath (Agony morph): This morph now grants Minor Mending when it deals damage to you, and has been renamed to Healthy Offering.
        • Prolonged Suffering (Agony morph): This morph now decreases the amount of self-inflicted damage dealt to you to 35% of the amount healed, and has been renamed to Shrewd Offering.
        Developer Comments:
        This redesign of Agony and its morphs gave us an opportunity to create a new ability more in-line with the theme of Siphoning. It helps Nightblades fulfill the healing role in a unique way, and synergizes with the other Siphoning abilities that let you steal health like Strife or Siphoning Strikes. You can then transfer that health to your allies.

Like Cauterize, this ability can be self-cast. Since you’re taking damage each time it heals, the total return will be less efficient than casting it on an ally instead.

Agony, now known as Malevolent Offering, is a powerful heal and it only damages you if the target is actually healed. But be careful! You can kill your character with this ability.
      • Soul Siphon (Soul Shred morph): Increased the distance an ally can travel away from you before the heal tether snaps to 25 meters, up from 20 meters.

Sorcerer
      • Dark Magic
        • Crystal Blast (Crystal Shards morph): Increased the splash damage of this morph by approximately 25%.
          Developer Comments:
          We wanted to make this morph worth the time spent casting, so we’re increasing the area of effect damage to make it worth the risk of throwing into a pack of enemies.
        • Rune Prison: This ability and its morphs are no longer 30-second disorients. Instead, they are 2.5-second stuns that cannot be blocked or dodged, and they can be placed on multiple targets.
          • Rune Cage (Rune Prison morph): This morph now deals damage to the enemy if the stun lasts its full duration.
          • The Defensive Rune morph continues to place a buff on you that will stun the next enemy that damages you.
          Developer Comments:
          Similar to Petrify, we wanted to change this disorient into a stun while retaining its current functionality to make useful in more situations.

A couple of thoughts...

Nightblade changes:

- They got nerfed, BIG time.
    - Aspect of terror (AKA fear) change will afect pvp. This skill and cloak are the 2 main sources of defence a nightblade has (unique to the class), nerfing the amount of targets you can fear will be significant, since people today runs huge group even to hunt down soloers. Not necesary.
    - New ability, IS TRASH. Why would you want to heal someone while you kill your self? Also, now sorcerers and DK have undodgeable, unreflectable CC's, well THANKS. Nightblades in pvp will dissapear, i rather play my mag sorc from now on since I can 2 shoot anyone with unreflectable/Undodgeable/unblockable skills. Balance?

What about fixing CLOAK? There are MULTIPLE skills that still break the skill, is unreliable.

Sorcerers:
    Really? You really think Sorcerers need another buff? They already have:
    - The best burst damage in game.
    - Unreflectable/undodgeable/unbloackable skill
    - Execute passive and best execute in the game.
    - High sustain, as they can swap resources (magicka to stamina/health or other way around...)
    - High mobility
    - Uncriticable shields
    - and list keeps going.

And now they get a hard CC that cant be blocked or dodge? Give me a break. Good sorcs in cyrodil are laughting, this is ABSURD.

Please adress this before going live, or PVP will be Mag sorcs all day long.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    BG's should have a No-CP option for level 50's. The balance is entirely different.

i would be interested in hearing the reasons behind the one-flavor approach.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."