The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PTS Patch Notes v3.2.0 (Clockwork City)

• Tucker3711
    Tucker3711
    ✭✭✭
    Is it cool? I am too lazy to test it...
    @Tucker311- PC
    Tucker3711
    Nord Beth Rose (EP)
    Imperial Freya Var (DC)
    High Elf Hestia du foyer (AD)
    Wood Elf Epona Caoin (AD)
    Hotstuff Queen
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So are there going to be separate BG for non CP and CP or are all going to CP? I don't do much BG and I wouldn't mind a CP version but it would be rediculous to take away non CP BG from the people who currently like it and play it. There needs to be both options. If not ZoS is making a HUGE mistake.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the Changes to Agony is damn interesting. I don't know why some don't like it, it fits the theme of a Nightblade for gods sake. Question is, does it proc on sets like Imperium or Leeching Plate? because having that as a secondary tank set will be damn awesome.

I'm planning on doing a Blood Mage / Blood Knight build that focuses on dots and constant healing. This is gonna be awesome to play with.
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • MudkipKatana
    MudkipKatana
    ✭✭
    kuma82 wrote: »
    I am curious how the chaotic whirlwind will work on the new asylum weapons. It adds 8 or 10 seconds to duration, ok. Those abilities deal x amount of damage in say 10 seconds. So by extending them for another 8 seconds are you essentially recasting the ability but with whirlwind, or spreading out the tooltip damage over a longer period? If it is recasting then I can see that as a huge buff to the DW ultimate lacerate by being able to double it damage by extending it. That would be amazing, simply drawing out the tooltip damage of say 25k over 16 seconds compared to 8 seconds seems lackluster.
    If recasted on lacerate, does the heal happen again also?

It could end up being a buff either way for Blood Craze and Deadly Cloak at the very least. Because Deadly Cloak does flat damage every few second rather than DoT, adding upwards of 10 seconds to the clock would help it out alot but that alone isn't worth wasting the weapon slot on. Same thing with the heal every couple seconds from Blood Craze.

Now if it does what I'm hoping it does by, like you said, basically recasting the ability. This could be an invaluable way to save on rotation time. Being able to recast abilities like that with one ability is not only a damage buff, but a resource management buff for stam players. I'm not sure it will get people to actually run Whirlwind morphs either way though on their builds. It costs alot of stam to spam and using it as a reset only really works out if you run all the listed abilities in its tooltip.

dpencil1 wrote: »
    3. VMA weapons and Infused trait - The move to being a set bonus means that Infused won't buff these special abilities anymore, which was a major selling point of the trait. Players who were using Infused versions will likely see a marked decrease in effectiveness from these weapons compared to their Live counterparts (even with the addition of enchants/poisons on top of the them. It's something I intend to test, but at first blush it is troubling.

I didn't even think about that but yeah, that's a huge bummer. We may be able to apply Infused Weapon Damage glyphs to our weapons but no longer will we have that Infused Maelstrom Bow spitting out hard hitting arrow volleys... Just average arrow volleys that are already increased by the Maelstrom effect xD...

Honestly, I'm more worried by the concept that since they're set bonuses now, will they still apply to both bars? Will transferring them to set bonuses mean we have to keep the set active like every other set in the game when swapping between two? Because most builds run Mealstrom staves and Bows as backbars, not front. I imagine that they'll be coded the same way to be active between bar swaps but it's still a question worth asking.
    Submit to the Argonian Master Race. Submit and be free.
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MudkipKatana
    Gina specifically mentioned in the patch notes that staff and bow vMA effects would carry over. So don't worry about that.
    Edited by dpencil1 on September 22, 2017 1:17PM
  • taleth
    taleth
    ✭✭✭
    When is pvp going to get addressed ? Having one main server Vivic can not handle prime time. And the 3 7 day ones are ghosts towns. Get rid of the 3 and add a main to reduce the lag fest and 4 min loading screens. Also do something to make Imperial city a pvp zone. Make the telvar sets worth while , maybe add transmutation stones for like 1000 fragments. Give small grouos an incentive instead of zergs. Maybe give a bonus of 10% damage for groups of 4 people.
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a point to undaunted being raised to 10 other than just filling up the skill bar similar to other skill lines?
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    So with the Maelstrom changes, this means they are losing the enchant but the weapons are going to be part of a 5 piece set and the enchant will then be the 5 piece bonus, thus allowing for enchantments on the items on top of the 5 piece(formerly Maelstrom enchant) bonus?
    Edited by Texecutioner187 on September 22, 2017 4:42PM
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgruberman wrote: »
    So with the Maelstrom changes, this means they are losing the enchant but the weapons are going to be part of a 5 piece set and the enchant will then be the 5 piece bonus, thus allowing for enchantments on the items on top of the 5 piece(formerly Maelstrom enchant) bonus?

Kind of, though the weapons are part of a 1 piece (DW/1H&S are 2 piece, I think) set.

But yes, it'll read something like

The Maelstrom's Inferno Staff

[Whatever enchantment you want]

Part of the Crushing Wall Set (0/1 Items)

(1 Item) Targets affected by Wall of Elements take X additional damage from your Light and Heavy Attacks.
  • CurvedSwords123
    CurvedSwords123
    ✭✭✭
    "Two Handed
    Forceful: The damage dealt by this passive ability will no longer double dip in damage modifiers, and will no longer critically strike."

Can't pass a patch without u ppl destroying my PvE build. I want to say go to hell ZoS, but instead I'll just beg u to reconsider. RECONSIDER!!! AND FIX THE ATTROCIOUS CYRODIL LAG!
  • CurvedSwords123
    CurvedSwords123
    ✭✭✭
    taleth wrote: »
    When is pvp going to get addressed ? Having one main server Vivic can not handle prime time. And the 3 7 day ones are ghosts towns. Get rid of the 3 and add a main to reduce the lag fest and 4 min loading screens. Also do something to make Imperial city a pvp zone. Make the telvar sets worth while , maybe add transmutation stones for like 1000 fragments. Give small grouos an incentive instead of zergs. Maybe give a bonus of 10% damage for groups of 4 people.

What they need to do is remove the aoe cap... That will make mindless zerg balls think twice.
  • Jamdarius
    Jamdarius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RavenSworn wrote: »
    the Changes to Agony is damn interesting. I don't know why some don't like it, it fits the theme of a Nightblade for gods sake. Question is, does it proc on sets like Imperium or Leeching Plate? because having that as a secondary tank set will be damn awesome.

I'm planning on doing a Blood Mage / Blood Knight build that focuses on dots and constant healing. This is gonna be awesome to play with.

I am also happy to see that change as I posses NB healer (can't compare it to templars though, doing pretty good on vet runs with less hard dungs). The only thing that worries me is: how much damage will healer take from healing with this skill

I don't know lets say for example I heal for 1k a player running with me, how much i ll get hurt by it ? And yes it fits Blood (Sanguinary sounds cooler tho) Priest build theme pretty well :)) I am kinda excited to see how it works, though I am worried in cyro PvP it gonna s8ck as players get damaged there pretty easy while under siege, can imagine getting killed by healing zerg xD
  • Baracuta
    Baracuta
    ✭✭✭
    HORNS OF THE REACH

New Motifs
    [*]The Bloodforge style is now available for crafters! Used by the denizens of Bloodroot Forge, the Chapters for this Motif can be obtained by defeating the Earthgore Amalgam. The Style Item, Bloodroot Flux, can be obtained by defeating bosses in Bloodroot Forge. The chance of obtaining Chapters and Style Items increases with the difficulty of the dungeon.
    [/list]

The leather components on the male medium armor in the Bloodforge style is too shiny. Please give it the same consistency as the leather parts on the female Bloodforge style.

Thanks.
    Outfit Slots are outrageously expensive. No, thank you.
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @Wrobel
    From OP #18:
    Sorcerer

Dark Magic

Rune Prison: This ability and its morphs are no longer 30-second disorients. Instead, they are 2.5-second stuns that cannot be blocked or dodged, and they can be placed on multiple targets.

Rune Cage (Rune Prison morph): This morph now deals damage to the enemy if the stun lasts its full duration.
    The Defensive Rune morph continues to place a buff on you that will stun the next enemy that damages you.

Developer Comments: Similar to Petrify, we wanted to change this disorient into a stun while retaining its current functionality to make useful in more situations.
    Good intentions, but incomplete implementation.

Without a cooldown of at least 5 - 10 seconds following each usae, a Sorcerer can effectively cast Rune Prison repeatedly at the same target, keeping the target stunned until the target is killed.

Even with a cooldown that is too short, two or more Sorcerers will coordinate their casting of Rune Prison so that when the Rune Prison stun cast by one expires, the other casts Rune Prison to stun the target again as soon as possible. (I am not familiar with Petrify, so whether it can be used in the same way, or in this combination with the new Rune Prison, I don't know.)

"Chain stunning" should never be possible in the course of play, especially in PvP. It is a fundamentally unfair strategy which essentially renders the opposing player helpless. It is tantamount to kicking them out of the game.

So, I recommend the following:

(1) Implement a "cooldown" for Rune Prison of at least 5 - 10 seconds so that it cannot be used against the same player character, or against multiple player characters, in rapid succession.

(2) Alternatively: a player character stunned by Rune Prison should be immune to further stuns by Rune Prison for at least 5 - 10 seconds after the stun expires.

(3) It should be possible for a player character to dodge the Rune Prison stun, and "blocking" the caster disrupts and prevents casting Rune Prison (whether other Magicka abilities also) while the player character blocks.

FWIW: Blizzard Entertainment permitted "chain stunning" in World of Warcraft for a very long time, until the continuous barrage of protests and complaints from players eventually persuaded the developers to swallow their pride and introduce mitigations.

By the way, the reason that Rune Prison is not used much is that the disorient is broken if and when the target receives any damage. First, I would bet that probably every dungeon boss, if not also at least one whole class of mobs, is immune to Rune Prison. Second, it can be difficult to avoid damaging the imprisoned NPC or player character, for example, while initiating an ability that has an AoE. Third, in any given group at any given time, ordinarily there is some knucklehead who does not, perhaps cannot, recognize the Rune Prison -- or doesn't care -- and does something to damage the prisoner (whether intentionally or accidentally).

Thank-you for your time and attention to this matter.

NOTE: I might post a duplicate of this message as an OP in the discussion for the Clockwork City PTS features and flaws.

Edited by Shadowshire on September 23, 2017 1:50AM
    --- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Shadowshire
    You do understand that any player that is stunned is granted IMMUNITY to further stuns for 7 seconds right?
  • Jamdarius
    Jamdarius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And dungeon bosses cannot be stunned ;)
    Edited by Jamdarius on September 23, 2017 7:28AM
  • norpor
    norpor
    ✭✭
    Please doing something with resource management. It made the fights to slow and boring. The heawy attack resource recharging is the biggest stupidness in the world.... At the starting of the eso, developers told Unrealistic things doesnt coming in this game ( for example sexy armours (but its nice) ), and the heawy attack rechargin is very unreaistic. In the real life if im tired i dont going to wood choppig to recharge myself, additionaly its cutting down the playing treat in pve.. Many pve player hate this .(me too).
    And why dont coming radical changings in the crafting system??? Its still boring, and nearly useless.... For example: Armour enchants is a joke... its very unimaginative...
    Need a buff system rethinking . If i need a passive ability i need to put it in an active slot...Its very irritating. Ist reduce the number of usable skills 5 to 4 or 3... And its make boring alog the fights....
    I tink dont need more (useless) motifs or skins or crown store item, the playing experience and the fun is most important..

• Supinator
    Supinator
    Soul Shriven
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    New Collectibles
    We’ve added many new Collectibles that are available to earn from the Clockwork City area and content.
    Scintillant Dovah-Fly: This non-combat pet will join you when you first set foot in the Brass Fortress.

So after I bought an expensive dovah-fly pet for many crowns, now everyone who goes to the Brass Fortress gets a better version for free?
    Edited by Supinator on September 23, 2017 9:17PM
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    Deyoz wrote: »
    It's nice that you create so fast new content but .. please fix the current game before you start to add more bugs over bugs.

And have everyone complain that they didn't release their quarterly "promised" update? The forums would explode with "they lied to us," " they betrayed us."
    Personally, I agree wholeheartedly with Deyoz on this issue. It seems that the only way that ZOS can keep the alleged "promise" to which you refer is to release more buggy software. Developing relatively bug-free software takes time regardless of the number skilled personnel required to design and implement it. The more complex the software, the longer it will take to develop it properly. As the old adage says, "Rome wasn't built in a day."

In my humble opinion, the most likely problem is that the upper-level ZOS management either has unrealistic expectations as to how quickly well-designed and well-implemented software can be produced, or they just don't care whether it has bugs. They are driven by the corporatist ethos, that the only obligation of a corporation is to obtain as much profit as possible as quickly as possible, "for the benefit of the shareholders".

So they settle for low-quality, buggy software, but so do the players, right? As long as players are willing to continue buying it, ZOS will continue producing it.

• Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eirella wrote: »
    Megabear wrote: »
    Somehow I have a hard time believing this:

In this update, we’ve been hard at work improving the performance of the client. We’ve overhauled how the client handles animations, significantly reducing memory requirements.

Additionally, we’ve made significant optimizations to the Scene Graph. Together, these two additions have resulted in significant gains in frame rate and improved load times into areas with many characters and/or buildings.

Made improvements to the overall frame rate.

Improved load times into areas with many characters and/or buildings.

Fixed a number of infrequent game crashes.

Yeah don't they say this every update and yet performance gets worse? :D
    Personally, one thing that needs significant improvement is the reliability and performance of my ISP. It seems to me that about half of the network latency is caused by the lousy performance and unreliability of just two routers which they operate in the 7-hop route from my computer to the TESO megaserver. But they won't acknowledge the problems and, as far as I've been able to determine, have done very little (if anything) to remedy them.

• Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Also re the Transmute Gem system, and as someone pointed out on the Gen Discussion thread, if the Gems are bound to the character that earned them and cannot be banked - what if, like most players, my Master Crafter isn't set up to run Vet dungeons, but my characters that are, aren't Crafters? In other words, if I'm running such content, that would mean ALL the characters that run such content should research all possible useful traits?

Kind of makes my Master Crafter a bit pointless more pointless (after the introduction of the research scrolls).

Simple, they're ACCOUNT WIDE. Like CP, so all your characters have access to it, which is why they cannot be banked, 'cuz they don't need to be banked.
    "like CP"?? If you mean Champion Points, those are not account-wide. Each player character accumulates their own number of CP, according to their own continuing accumulation of XP while the player plays that character in the game.

Further, the current CP cap applies to each of the respective characters that a player has. When a character's total CP reaches the current CP cap, then that is all of the CP which the player can allocate for the capped character among the "stars" in the various "constellations". However, the character's CP will continue to accumulate, while the player plays that character, above the current CP cap.

Currently, all of my characters have passed the current CP cap. After the Clockwork City DLC is released "live" the cap is increased, so I can allocate additional CP among the stars of the constellations for each of the respective characters. Frankly, though, each one will still have more accumulated CP, respectively, than the Clockwork City DLC cap.

In my experience, when I create a new character, that character begins the game with the lowest amount of Champion Points which any one (or more) of my pre-existing characters has. However, the lowest amount can be, and has been, above the current CP cap. Regardless, the initial CP total for the new character only increases thereafter as that new character gains XP while I play that character in the game.

• Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can the awesome Wrothgar Ruin house have a raised gate at the bridge entrance. It would look so much better than a open doorway. Also some siege weapons damaged and burning between the bridge gate house and the main entrance to the house would give a great detailed touch of battles. being that we can't decorate that area.
    In all of my humble experience, the ZOS developers have never changed any feature(s) of a Homestead that they have introduced. What you find in the PTS software is almost certainly what you will get when the software is released "live". In the Clockwork City PTS Patch Notes there is one mention of a minor change to one feature of one Homestead which they will make. Whether it is actually in the software released to "live" remains to be seen.

Which is to say, in my experience, even a bug which the ZOS developers corrected in the PTS software remained uncorrected in the software when it was released "live". That clearly implied either that their personnel are error-prone, or that ZOS primarily regards the PTS software as a marketing tool meant to inspire players to buy the scheduled release regardless of whatever bugs that it may have.

In the next patch or two following the release of each "live" DLC or expansion, ZOS usually has corrected some Homestead ("housing") bugs,. But thus far they have not corrected very many, and often not the worst ones, which take more time and effort. A particularly bad flaw might eventually be remedied, but be aware that ZOS has its own particular view of the game and they choose their priorities.

There are plenty of bugs that remain from the original Homestead release, whether also in additional "housing" in Morrowind and in the DLCs since the Homestead update. It is clear that Homestead bugs have a very, very low priority with regard to correcting them. Be that as it has been, though, ZOS does seem responsive to players who have purchased the most expensive Homesteads with Crowns. Otherwise, when it comes to TESO, what you see is what you get. You can either like it or play some other game instead.

• Toon_Raider
    Toon_Raider
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom, @ZOS_GinaBruno

The question on the transmutation system is, can you get the crystals on a non crafter character and to be able use it in your main crafter as it says that cannot be banked.
    Does it stay in your inventory or can you deposit it.

The answer to this question may disappoint a lot of people who's main dps characters are not crafters if it were to be the case.

When you get a geode, can you bank it, get on your crafter and then open the geode to get the crystal.

Please clarify this as we need start researching on crafters if we cannot transfer to crafter.
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DJVriki wrote: »

The question on the transmutation system is, can you get the crystals on a non crafter character and to be able use it in your main crafter as it says that cannot be banked.

The answer to this question may disappoint a lot of people who's main dps characters are not crafters if it were to be the case.

When you get a geode, can you bank it, get on your crafter and then open the geode to get the crystal.

Please clarify this as we need start researching on crafters if we cannot transfer to crafter.

What's so hard to understand with the word "accountwide"?
    Noobplar
  • Tigeracer
    Tigeracer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Destruent wrote: »

I'm also starting to get annoyed at this stupid question
  • TumlinTheJolly
    TumlinTheJolly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please... PLEASE do not enable CP in BGs.

3 reasons:

- Healing is already too strong in BGs, even with the Battle Spirit debuff. Often teams use Guard, lots of heals and just slap each other over and over with wet noodles until somebody eventually dies of boredom. Enabling CP would make people even harder to kill.
    - CP = minmaxing = less build diversity. Why bring out new hybrid sets then enable CP in BGs?... No CP would make those sets viable.
    - If CP were enabled, low CP players would be even less likely to queue for BGs, as they would be scared of getting killed over and over again by high CP players. Enabling CP would destroy queue times.
    Edited by TumlinTheJolly on September 24, 2017 11:33AM
  • Toon_Raider
    Toon_Raider
    ✭✭✭

This is the reason for wanting to know.

You can now deposit Alliance Points and Writ Vouchers into your account bank where they may be withdrawn by any of your characters.

Different wording versus now

Transmute Crystals are an account wide, capped currency which cannot be banked or traded.

Both are in your "Currency Tab" but it clearly says crystals can't be banked.
    So until proven incorrect I will ask the question.
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can now deposit Alliance Points and Writ Vouchers into your account bank where they may be withdrawn by any of your characters.

Transmute Crystals are an account wide, capped currency which cannot be banked or traded.

People on PTS have already verified that they are account wide and available to any character. Since they are available to all characters there is no need to bank them.
  • Toon_Raider
    Toon_Raider
    ✭✭✭

People on PTS have already verified that they are account wide and available to any character. Since they are available to all characters there is no need to bank them.

Thank You
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Also re the Transmute Gem system, and as someone pointed out on the Gen Discussion thread, if the Gems are bound to the character that earned them and cannot be banked - what if, like most players, my Master Crafter isn't set up to run Vet dungeons, but my characters that are, aren't Crafters? In other words, if I'm running such content, that would mean ALL the characters that run such content should research all possible useful traits?

Kind of makes my Master Crafter a bit pointless more pointless (after the introduction of the research scrolls).

Simple, they're ACCOUNT WIDE. Like CP, so all your characters have access to it, which is why they cannot be banked, 'cuz they don't need to be banked.
    "like CP"?? If you mean Champion Points, those are not account-wide. Each player character accumulates their own number of CP, according to their own continuing accumulation of XP while the player plays that character in the game.

Further, the current CP cap applies to each of the respective characters that a player has. When a character's total CP reaches the current CP cap, then that is all of the CP which the player can allocate for the capped character among the "stars" in the various "constellations". However, the character's CP will continue to accumulate, while the player plays that character, above the current CP cap.

Currently, all of my characters have passed the current CP cap. After the Clockwork City DLC is released "live" the cap is increased, so I can allocate additional CP among the stars of the constellations for each of the respective characters. Frankly, though, each one will still have more accumulated CP, respectively, than the Clockwork City DLC cap.

In my experience, when I create a new character, that character begins the game with the lowest amount of Champion Points which any one (or more) of my pre-existing characters has. However, the lowest amount can be, and has been, above the current CP cap. Regardless, the initial CP total for the new character only increases thereafter as that new character gains XP while I play that character in the game.

That's... not how it works at all.

Every character on an account has access to the same number of Champion Points, regardless of how many of those points have been earned through exp gained by that specific character. My magblade who I've barely touched since grinding her to level 50 has 682 CP, just like my stamblade main whose exp has earned the vast majority of those points. And my level 19 magDK also has 682 CP, despite not having earned any of them at all. Of course they can only assign 660 of those points, but that's just because of the assignment cap as you noted.

I also get notifications when I log onto my vet characters after earning new CP with a different character, saying that they've gained CP and showing what the new totals are.

I'm not sure where your observations come from, but CP are not character-specific. Assignment of those points needs to be done on a character-by-character basis, but CP is account-wide in the sense that points earned by one character are accessible to all characters on the account.

As it relates to the transmutation gems, I'd say a better comparison would be crowns, since those just sit there in a counter and any character can access the crown store and buy stuff with them.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA