Maintenance for the week of May 20:
· [IN PROGRESS] NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [IN PROGRESS] EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
· [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773
The PTS is now offline for maintenance, and is currently unavailable.

PTS Patch Notes v3.2.0 (Clockwork City)

• Leogon
    Leogon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Rampaging Slash (Maelstrom 1H&S): Your Low Slash will now cause your next fully-charged Heavy Attack used within 5 seconds to restore an additional 2000 Magicka and Stamina.
    Thank you for making the maelstrom shield useful! :)

Edited by Leogon on September 22, 2017 8:33AM
    Options
  • Machete
    Machete
    ✭✭✭
    Tranmutation stones should be bankable. Not all of us main our crafters, fix it before it's too late please!!!
    Edited by Machete on September 18, 2017 8:16PM

Lemon-Party

Monarch Wintervine, Stamina DK, AD
    Eiress Wintervine, Stamina Warden, AD
    Aelireed Auntumnvine, Stamina Necromancer, AD
    Sierena Hlaalu, Stamina Templar, AD
    Blou Springwillow, Stamina Sorc, AD
    Taliana Silverthorn, Stamina NB, AD
    Monarch Wíntervine, Stamina DK, EP
    Lily Hlaalu, Stamina NB, EP
    Tankito Fondlini, DK Tank, EP
    Evaii Spellborn, Magicka DK, AD
    Thellion Evaire, Magicka Warden, AD
    Weylenn Aenwee, Magicka Templar, AD
    Valianna Syn, Magicka Sorc, AD
    Aranyus Highren, Magicka NB, AD
    Options
  • SGT_Wolfe101st
    SGT_Wolfe101st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So Transmutation is only available in the Brass Fortress? This is DLC, linked to a chapter, so does that mean that I have to have Marrowind to partake in this DLC? If so, then Transmutation is locked behind Marrowind and therefore a pay wall? I am not trying to start anything, I am genuinely curious as to how this will work.
    PS4 -NA AD

Wood Elf - StamNB - DPS
    Nord - MagDK - Tank
    High Elf - MagSorc - DPS
    Dark Elf - Mag Warden- Healer
    Options
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So Transmutation is only available in the Brass Fortress? This is DLC, linked to a chapter, so does that mean that I have to have Marrowind to partake in this DLC? If so, then Transmutation is locked behind Marrowind and therefore a pay wall? I am not trying to start anything, I am genuinely curious as to how this will work.

Clockwork City DLC is not tied to Morrowind ownership. But, you can also buy the station with writ vouchers. So, those without the DLC access could put it in their own home. I suspect some guilds will put them in their guild house as well.
    Options
  • Dymence
    Dymence
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can buy a transmutation table at the Master Writ NPC for Vouchers as per the patch notes.
    Options
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SGT_Wolfe101st
    No one ever said it was linked to Morrowind. It's a standalone DLC, comes free with ESO+, and even if you don't have CWC, you can do master writs and get a Trans table from your house.

So chill.
    Options
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont like the bg changes. Im mainly pve player. At the Moment i just switch gear and have some fun. With cps only bgs now i have to change my cp everytime i want to be "good" now. Thats not good @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Samuel Crow - Nachtklinge - PC-EU-DC
    Saint_Crow Twitch / Youtube
    ESO Stream Team Member
    Noractis
    Options
  • Krotha
    Krotha
    ✭✭✭
    Why the hell would they make Battlegrounds CP enabled when everyone knows CP PvP is the most unbalanced area of this game? The best thing about Battlegrounds is the fact there is no CP in it so people have to work together and actually MANAGE RESOURCES.

Where is the ability to queue for different match types? Why must we suffer even lower chances of getting deathmatch?

Shifting Standard replacement is a great idea. Fossilize will be OP. I'm going to lay down now and imagine what these devs smoke.
    Options
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malevolent Offering

Make it scale off the highest stat?

PC EU
    PvP only
    Options
  • Kadoozy
    Kadoozy
    ✭✭✭✭
    simeion wrote: »
    Subversus wrote: »
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA RIP VMA WEAPONS IN PVP

You do know this is a buff? Now they can enchant and keep the weapons ability. So they give up 189 damage for a poison enchant, poisons, or 348 weapons wd/sd glyph?

You do know this is a nerf? That enchant is only able to be kept up for 50% of the time at best. And the only situation it will be close to useful is if you run poisoned DW front bar, maelstrom back bar and manage to kill the other player in the first 5 seconds while the enchant is still procced.
    Options
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My thoughts:

1) No changes to heavy / light attack scaling?

the only problems are:

-Damage from medium attacks (partially charged heavy attacks) was nerfed 15% because they give back resources except that they don't give back resources.
    -Damage from fully charged heavy attacks was not nerfed the 15% stated though the duration was shortened so they actually received a buff in damage / second as well as a return of resources. The damage now jumps directly from ~8k to ~12k at around 1.7 seconds on a fire staff when the medium attack becomes a full heavy and also returns resources.
    - The animation for a fully charged heavy is still 2.2 seconds and has not been changed in two skill duration changes. It is also an animation that does not have any movement during most of it's duration so the player has no visual que for learning when a "fully charged heavy" has occurred and the player has qualified for the massive damage gain and resource return.

2) vMA staff lost it's damage buff but got no change to it's ability. So, it went from a good PVE weapon using it's ability on one bar and poisons on the other and a good PVP weapon with poisons to just a so / so PVE Weapon on one bar (significantly weaker with a damage enchant then the old static bonus was) and a weapon with no value in PVP.

3)
    [*]Concentrated Force (Perfected)
    • Force Shock always applies the Burning, Concussion, and Chilled status effects. This effect can occur once every 4 seconds per enemy.
    [*]Concentrated Force
    • Force Shock always applies the Burning, Concussion, and Chilled status effects. This effect can occur once every 5 seconds per enemy.

You know this is a significant buff to sorcs right? They use more force pulse than any other class and this buff looks like it may be pretty strong. My initial thought is that this may make for some class balance issues as well as bring us back to the days when pretty much all classes and builds have to use this ability. I could be wrong but I'm not going to bother testing it.

[Edit to remove bashing]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on September 18, 2017 10:45PM
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dpencil1 wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    The patch notes are fantastic for the most part. I would, however, encourage further discussion of the following items:

1. Defensive Rune - This morph doesn't benefit from being able to be cast on multiple targets like Rune Prison and the long disorient is actually preferable to a short stun. Please consider allowing Defensive Rune to convert the base stun into the disorient it currently has. The change is a significant nerf to this morph otherwise.

2. CP-Enabled Battlegrounds - Even without CP, Templars in particular are extremely tanky. Enabling CP only exaserbates this issue. Also, for players like myself who like to PvP, but have very different CP allocations for PvE vs PvP, I enjoyed being able to do allall my PvP in no-CP environments (and BGs are my favorite type of PvP). Please at least give us dual-spec CP depending on whether we are in a PvE or PvP environment. I honestly think dual-spec should be implemented first. Let the 10-49 que and 50 que both exist for now as no-CP, then you can enable CP after implementing dual-spec CP and dealing with over-tankiness. (By the way, I'm not saying players shouldn't be able to be tanky, but it remains easy for some builds to be massively tanky and still do as much dps as squishy dps-focused players.)

3. VMA weapons and Infused trait - The move to being a set bonus means that Infused won't buff these special abilities anymore, which was a major selling point of the trait. Players who were using Infused versions will likely see a marked decrease in effectiveness from these weapons compared to their Live counterparts (even with the addition of enchants/poisons on top of the them. It's something I intend to test, but at first blush it is troubling.

Counter argument is that in CP you are given the tools to completely negate another builds' DMG increase.

Ironclad=master at arms, thick skin = thamaturge, etc.

Crit, penetration, quick combos are what govern your burst dmg and generally most builds have access to the same tools that tanks do for surviving. In CP you can survive the spamming of immobilze attacks+poisons and able to use a variety of DMG mitigation mechanics to avoid DMG. In nCP it's much harder given that you lose 12% crit, a healthy amount of resources, lose 1300 crit resistance, and easy 20% mitigation.

In my mind CP is much more balanced since they made changes to sustain, and those changes made nCP unbearable when the patch before the changes nCP was the better of the two PvP modes.
    Edited by Minno on September 18, 2017 8:29PM
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • Fuxo
    Fuxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    The new barrage skill looks good. A mobile version of crescent sweep with cast time. I can see the soulshine set comeback in 3,2,1... paired with the new Innate Axiom set.
    Options
  • SGT_Wolfe101st
    SGT_Wolfe101st
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Clockwork City DLC is not tied to Morrowind ownership. But, you can also buy the station with writ vouchers. So, those without the DLC access could put it in their own home. I suspect some guilds will put them in their guild house as well.

I thought it was, considering the location. I did read that one was obtainable via the Master Writ Vendor, I can imagine it will be in order of the Attunable Crafting Stations, if not more, 250-350 vouchers is a fair amount. I didn't see it stated that it wasn't linked to Marrowind, now I know, thanks.
    PS4 -NA AD

Wood Elf - StamNB - DPS
    Nord - MagDK - Tank
    High Elf - MagSorc - DPS
    Options
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Olen_Mikko wrote: »
    wzjpad3w66d8.jpg

3nsdarc76y1r.png
    In this update, we targeted the least used class abilities and morphs for major improvements with the goal being to promote build diversity and creating more interesting choices.

If you targeted least used class ability, why did you nerf fear?

Can your hate towards nightblades be anymore obvious?

And yet they did nothing to power extraction.........

PC EU
    PvP only
    Options
  • SGT_Wolfe101st
    SGT_Wolfe101st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SGT_Wolfe101st
    No one ever said it was linked to Morrowind. It's a standalone DLC, comes free with ESO+, and even if you don't have CWC, you can do master writs and get a Trans table from your house.

So chill.

I'm chill, just wanted to make sure. I wrongly presumed it was linked to Marrowind, thus my asking. I got an answer in like two minutes, what I'd imagine the forums are for, you know getting answers to questions. Thanks for your addition to the conversation though, big help.
    PS4 -NA AD

Wood Elf - StamNB - DPS
    Nord - MagDK - Tank
    High Elf - MagSorc - DPS
    Options
  • Dymence
    Dymence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    f047ys3v3n wrote: »
    2) vMA staff lost it's damage buff but got no change to it's ability. So, it went from a good PVE weapon using it's ability on one bar and poisons on the other and a good PVP weapon with poisons to just a so / so PVE Weapon on one bar (significantly weaker with a damage enchant then the old static bonus was) and a weapon with no value in PVP. Glad we all worked for that. You sure aren't going to fill that weekly leaderboard anymore I'll tell you that. Oh, wait, your screwing up heavy / light attack scaling in Morrowind and leaving it a mess for two patches already did that didn't it as more than half your raiding population decided your combat system sucks.

You vastly overestimate spell damage. A damage enchant is much stronger than the spell damage you get from the current staves.
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fuxo wrote: »
    The new barrage skill looks good. A mobile version of crescent sweep with cast time. I can see the soulshine set comeback in 3,2,1... paired with the new Innate Axiom set.

And cyros light set giving you DMG mitigation during cast time/channel abilities. Looks like a cool change for us templars.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • simeion
    simeion
    ✭✭✭
    Kadoozy wrote: »
    simeion wrote: »
    Subversus wrote: »
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA RIP VMA WEAPONS IN PVP

You do know this is a buff? Now they can enchant and keep the weapons ability. So they give up 189 damage for a poison enchant, poisons, or 348 weapons wd/sd glyph?

You do know this is a nerf? That enchant is only able to be kept up for 50% of the time at best. And the only situation it will be close to useful is if you run poisoned DW front bar, maelstrom back bar and manage to kill the other player in the first 5 seconds while the enchant is still procced.

This now gives the ability to back bar berserker enchant on the rear 348-420 sd/wd depending on the trait and a poison, flame, or shock enchant on the front. The flame, shock, and poison enchant will hit had enough to compensate for 189 wd/sd and you have a change to proc secondary effect. I still believe this is a buff, but will defer to testing.
    Options
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still have so many questions about transmutation...
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    Options
  • Iccengi
    Iccengi
    ✭✭✭
    For frozen gate. You're heading the right way but it's still not good at all. The problem is the casting time is super long and can only be cut so short without stopping the cast.
    Either shorten it or do something else. My preferred suggestion is leave it one portal but make it pull several adds that walk into it 4-6 like the mantikora portal.
    That'd be cool and/or totally not chains.
    Options
  • Chufu
    Chufu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks to ZOS: An orcish fortress. My pray have been heard!

In addition to that, the minotaur-style of falconreath is obtainable and the twohand-master-weapon seems to be crazy. <3<3<3
    Options
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Crafting Writ Turn-In Site Universalization
    With the Clockwork City base game update, you may now turn in your Crafting Writs at any Writ turn-in site throughout the world, regardless of crafting rank.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!
    Options
  • Iccengi
    Iccengi
    ✭✭✭
    @SGT_Wolfe101st

So chill.

I'm chill, just wanted to make sure. I wrongly presumed it was linked to Marrowind, thus my asking. I got an answer in like two minutes, what I'd imagine the forums are for, you know getting answers to questions. Thanks for your addition to the conversation though, big help.

It's a continuation of the story told in morrowind but you don't need morrowind. You enter the clockwork city from some vault under mornhold.

(Answer courtesy of the walk through eso live with Gina and Julie hosting the other day.)
    Options
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh great.. yet another NB nerf.... I am actually surprised that ZOS has found anything to nerf... The most usefully NB skill (Mass Hysteria) is getting nerfed. Meanwhile Dragonknight & Sorcerer got buffs for Petrify & Rune Prison.... :/
    "they are 2.5-second stuns that cannot be blocked or dodged"

Are you for real ZOS ?! :o
    Options
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oh great.. yet another NB nerf.... I am actually surprised that ZOS has found anything to nerf... The most usefully NB skill (Mass Hysteria) is getting nerfed. Meanwhile Dragonknight & Sorcerer got buffs for Petrify & Rune Prison.... :/
    "they are 2.5-second stuns that cannot be blocked or dodged"

Are you for real ZOS ?! :o

Petrify was never dodgeable nor blockable. They simply changed the disorient to a stun.
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
    Options
  • ZRT
    ZRT
    ✭✭✭
    Crystal blast buff? Really? Just make it a stam based spamable melee attack already. Sorc has no real stam damage abilities. Or even a stam based dot. Idk just stop with the crystal blast stuff, it's a joke skill.
    AFTERMATH GM
    Options
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Did you seriously ran out of ideas for new sets and you just put more proc sets in the game in every single patch?
    Options
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    As a Magplar, I like the utility buff to Eclipse. Ill have to test the PTS to see if it works with my current PvP build.
    Having a reflect to direct dmg abilities (which is a lot of abilities mind you lol), helps the survival of stam/mag Templar in PvP that has been missing since our blinding flashes was removed 2-3 years ago.

Good change, same for NB fear nerf (I wonder how good the other morph will be in PvP encounters; doesn't it drop a mine at your location in addition to one that is ground target-able? if not, then its a terrible nerf for nightblades lol)

The other Aspect of Terror morph (Manifestation of Terror) is a place-able AOE trap that triggers fear... but it is place-able and as far as i know has like 1 sec "arming" time. For PvP it is pretty useless so yes - it is a big nerf for NB :'(

Congrats to all of you who complaining about it. Complain more and maybe NB won't even have its class passives in a couple of updates in the future...
    Options
  • Denyiir
    Denyiir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for medium armor buff :trollface:
    Options