Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

PC/NA Vivec

• zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xSR9zsF.png

Both in my PVP guild and my trade guilds, I see so many EP rerolls. This is starting to feel like 1.5 again. Then, EP didn't dominate right away, but the initial trickle of rerolls turned into a flood and killed TB.
    Options
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anazasi wrote: »
    Lets talk about the 3 to 7 pm EST time slot where AD has less than 20 players actually on the map and the DC Japanese guild with its 30+ players, runs the map all the way to BB every day. This is a tough time slot to play.

Seriously? There is a Japanese guild that plays from 4am -8am in Japan? Everyday? I find that really hard to believe. Just which guild would this be?

Options
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    xSR9zsF.png

Both in my PVP guild and my trade guilds, I see so many EP rerolls. This is starting to feel like 1.5 again. Then, EP didn't dominate right away, but the initial trickle of rerolls turned into a flood and killed TB.

And look at it less than an hour ago:

nmam3t.jpg

You can screenshot a map at any time to suit an agenda, every night I play EP is double teamed, right this second BRK is being taken while we fight off a DC zerg at Chal. This is after we just fought back from our gates 30 mins before.
    Options
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elong wrote: »

You can screenshot a map at any time to suit an agenda, every night I play EP is double teamed, right this second BRK is being taken while we fight off a DC zerg at Chal. This is after we just fought back from our gates 30 mins before.

Except my screenshot was from prime time NA. Though I respect every region has its own prime time period, the NA prime time has typically been the most stable and populated period. The number of players switching to EP during busy NA intervals is very troubling for the game. Everyone who played through 1.5 should recognize that.

The screenshot you posted is of an interval that has been owned by DC for a long time now. it's not abnormal nor ideal. However, the EP who play then should consider taking Chalman while DC takes Roe instead of trying to Pvdoor Alessia. I was playing at that time and fighting 30 EP at Alessia while DC took your keeps. The AD presence in EP territory was one opportunistic group as far as I know.

Edited by zyk on September 14, 2017 7:09AM
    Options
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    diskiukas wrote: »
    Lets talk about the 3 to 7 pm EST time slot where AD has less than 20 players actually on the map and the DC Japanese guild with its 30+ players, runs the map all the way to BB every day. This is a tough time slot to play.

Lets talk about you and 30 of your group chasing 1 NB from Ash to almost Glade.

The cycle of life in pvp. Oh well, someone has to die right. Apparently it might have been your turn.
    Options
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xSR9zsF.png

nmam3t.jpg

Oh but look EP is fighting near nikel. I wonder what that's all about?
    Options
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Except my screenshot was from prime time NA. Though I respect every region has its own prime time period, the NA prime time has typically been the most stable and populated period. The number of players switching to EP during busy NA intervals is very troubling for the game. Everyone who played through 1.5 should recognize that.

The screenshot you posted is of an interval that has been owned by DC for a long time now. it's not abnormal nor ideal. However, the EP who play then should consider taking Chalman while DC takes Roe instead of trying to Pvdoor Alessia. I was playing at that time and fighting 30 EP at Alessia while DC took your keeps. The AD presence in EP territory was one opportunistic group as far as I know.

Primetime isn't the only time that matters. DC holds a 1400ish point lead on Vivec right now largely due to oceanic map dominance.

Since the end of the Pelinal event, the map dominance has been a very wild pendulum swinging back and forth.

Fortunately for DC, they get the most individual hours of strength, versus EP who is strong in early prime time, and AD who picks up steam going into late prime time, early overnight.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
    Options
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny video from the 2nd of September.

https://youtu.be/ikqlrJp3DXA

Options
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Funny video from the 2nd of September.

https://youtu.be/ikqlrJp3DXA

Just what I needed this morning, an elevator muzak version of Dragonborn.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
    Options
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol i just noticed i didnt have my drink buff at the end of that last fight on ASH. What a night.
    Options
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    xSR9zsF.png

nmam3t.jpg

Having fun and avoiding the faction stacks most likely.
    Options
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    xSR9zsF.png

nmam3t.jpg

Having fun and avoiding the faction stacks most likely.

If you want to deal with seeing fewer people than the other usual hotspots, Nikel is where it's at.

Because it's not the Sejanus / Bleakers corridor and therefore has less traffic.
    Options
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

2008t46.jpg

This is Prime Time.

Options
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is Prime Time.

Actually, this screenshot has a lot in common with your last one. EP was holding fare and pushing Alessia hard while DC went and took your emp keeps and an AD guild pushed your inners to take the pressure off.

Tonight has been pretty balanced compared to yesterday when EP rampaged during NA prime time.

I'll admit my post was too 'the sky is falling'ish. I'm legitimately worried about a repeat of 1.5 now that VE has stopped running because I've noticed an uptick in good players choosing EP. I hope I'm wrong and yesterday was an anomaly.

Edited by zyk on September 15, 2017 1:46AM
    Options
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is Prime Time.

Actually, this screenshot has a lot in common with your last one. EP was holding fare and pushing Alessia hard while DC went and took your emp keeps and an AD guild pushed your inners to take the pressure off.

Tonight has been pretty balanced compared to yesterday when EP rampaged during NA prime time.

I'll admit my post was too 'the sky is falling'ish. I'm legitimately worried about a repeat of 1.5 now that VE has stopped running because I've noticed an uptick in good players choosing EP. I hope I'm wrong and yesterday was an anomaly.

I know. My point was to show I could screenshot a moment where it looked bad, but 15 mins later swing the other way, as happened.
    For every EP re roll we get, we lose a long standing player. I've never known so many EP players to leave game or go casual, or guilds to stop running as in the last few weeks. I know it's the same across the game, I've felt it especially hard in my time zone.
    Options
  • Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is Prime Time.

I just want to add though as far as map impact 'good players' re rolling doesn't really mean anything. Generally speaking of course. Short of maybe some outstanding emporers I don't think it's ever been said "ohh so and so is here now? Well there goes our shot at taking this keep "

Unless these players are collating into guilds the map isn't going to feel it in my opinion.

As aggripa pointed out it's actually the KUSH and BoD's of the game who actually have the most map relevance. And I don't see any velukodis rerolling to join these groups. Again. Generally speaking. Do you disagree?
    Edited by Vilestride on September 15, 2017 2:24AM
    Options
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is Prime Time.

Yeah invictus stacked in fare and after 2 attempts to take it back I decided to run DK to there keeps and open up there gate. Seemed to work. I'm sorry we don't raid on Wednesday night's. But come on I can't lead 7 days a week prime time, I take Wednesday off. I know there are other guild leaders and raid leaders that can handle it.
    Options
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vilestride wrote: »
    This is Prime Time.

I just want to add though as far as map impact 'good players' re rolling doesn't really mean anything. Generally speaking of course. Short of maybe some outstanding emporers I don't think it's ever been said "ohh so and so is here now? Well there goes our shot at taking this keep "

Unless these players are collating into guilds the map isn't going to feel it in my opinion.

As aggripa pointed out it's actually the KUSH and BoD's of the game who actually have the most map relevance. And I don't see any velukodis rerolling to join these groups. Again. Generally speaking. Do you disagree?

You've never had to fight severene draconis :P He is equal to 30 AD pugs alone. Get a few more decent players holding up the faction and it adds up. This is usually during off-hours when there are no guilds running on any faction though. During primetime, individual players don't make much of a difference.

Not sure what EP chat is like but AD chat will list names of 1 to 2 players and request 30 reinforcements from the front line, only to discover that that isn't enough. Then someone like Zyk has to go over there and kill the 2 players really quick (get called a zergling in the process) so the AD can go back to doing something productive.
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
    Options
  • Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is Prime Time.

You've never had to fight severene draconis :P He is equal to 30 AD pugs alone. Get a few more decent players holding up the faction and it adds up. This is usually during off-hours when there are no guilds running on any faction though. During primetime, individual players don't make much of a difference.

Not sure what EP chat is like but AD chat will list names of 1 to 2 players and request 30 reinforcements from the front line, only to discover that that isn't enough. Then someone like Zyk has to go over there and kill the 2 players really quick (get called a zergling in the process) so the AD can go back to doing something productive.

Haha. Firstly. Severen OP.

But secondly and more relevantly I think we are getting to the bottom of this. In a thread declaring AD needs help I think we've just illustrated that the issue maybe isn't players rerolling. It's poor zone organization and education?
    Options
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is Prime Time.

tumblr_nx7v24iyLc1uds8upo1_400.gif
    Options
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, some will certainly bolster existing EP guilds as has already happened in recent months. It's not only membership and official raids, but also the guild groups of different sizes that might run during off hours.

While groups are major factors at objective fights, so too are players and groups of all types. I know what it's like to run in large groups and there can be tunnel vision to some degree. It can be easy to miss contributions by other parties. Furthermore, not all guilds are as independent as yours. Beyond keeps, this also impacts the quality of fights at resources, along the lanes and at the main choke points.

I'm not freaking out because one really good player I know is playing for EP now and is going to 1VAD us. It is a cumulative effect. Naturally, if one faction attracts a disproportionate number of good players, that will influence outcomes across the map.

The reason I'm concerned atm is because the absence of VE may change population distributions if its remaining members can't find a similar DC guild. IMO, EP has the most diverse guild scene at the moment and therefore would be most attractive if they cannot.

My fear is -- if my observation is correct -- that it is a process that will feed itself. I've talked to a lot of multifaction players who are avoiding AD and they shamelessly admit it's just more fun to play for EP than to get run over so often playing for AD. As more players do this, the worse playing for a struggling faction becomes, which causes more players to switch and so on.

We saw this happen during 1.5. At first, it was just DiE that switched over to EP with a few others following them immediately. As EP's dominance during that period was entrenched, more and more strong players from AD and DC flooded over to EP until there was no competitive parity, ever. By the start of 1.6, PC/NA Thornblade, the main campaign, had become an EP buff server.
    Options
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zyk I think you are correct. It's definitely going to be an interesting next couple months on Vivec. I would like to know from the DC Pug group, why do you insists on stacking up and zerging? What do you gain from this behavior? Has ZOS placed too much incentive on offensive objective capture that players no longer care about actual group play? I think we need to look at this from a mechanical perspective instead of the player mentality perspective.
    Edited by Anazasi on September 15, 2017 10:55AM
    Options
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is Prime Time.

Yeah invictus stacked in fare and after 2 attempts to take it back I decided to run DK to there keeps and open up there gate. Seemed to work. I'm sorry we don't raid on Wednesday night's. But come on I can't lead 7 days a week prime time, I take Wednesday off. I know there are other guild leaders and raid leaders that can handle it.

If by "stacked" you mean your 24+ got rolled multiple times by 14 then yeah we "stacked"
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
    Options
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kilandros wrote: »
    This is Prime Time.

If by "stacked" you mean your 24+ got rolled multiple times by 14 then yeah we "stacked"

I know math skills are always challenging. Stacked being a descriptive term implying staying at fare to farm. Unfortunately my group was around 16 in number and you can not say that parking yourself and your "14" players was not intended to create a farm. You furthermore can't be naive enough to think that the whole faction from both sides wouldn't show up. And if your definition of multiple means 2 than your spot on. We wiped twice than went to Arrius took it without opposition because all of EP was at FARE. Then we went to Farragut and flipped it without opposition because all of EP was at Fare. Then we marched into your temple grabbed your scroll and almost made it out the gate before all of EP from Faregyle arrived to stop us. Its a shame how my 16 man group pulled all of EP back to your gates where we held for about 20 mins while AD and DC took everything you had on the map. Yes we got rolled no surprise there with all of EP stacked at the gate. But that's ok, I'm use to it considering our guild runs 6 nights a week prime time fighting both blobs. The question you need to ask yourself is what do you bring to the table each night aside from the ability to destroy ball with an overwhelming number of nightblades using sap essence and fear, of course that's when you actually show up to play. If you want to create a better community start with stopping the t-baggers in your group. Until than push off and play your FOTM meta.
    Just remember invictus, your new found strengths are coming from DC re-rolls who have no loyalty to any faction. You were once a good guild, last year, now you're simple pixels trying to emulate a dragon.
    Options
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is Prime Time.

I know math skills are always challenging. Stacked being a descriptive term implying staying at fare to farm. Unfortunately my group was around 16 in number and you can not say that parking yourself and your "14" players was not intended to create a farm. You furthermore can't be naive enough to think that the whole faction from both sides wouldn't show up. And if your definition of multiple means 2 than your spot on. We wiped twice than went to Arrius took it without opposition because all of EP was at FARE. Then we went to Farragut and flipped it without opposition because all of EP was at Fare. Then we marched into your temple grabbed your scroll and almost made it out the gate before all of EP from Faregyle arrived to stop us. Its a shame how my 16 man group pulled all of EP back to your gates where we held for about 20 mins while AD and DC took everything you had on the map. Yes we got rolled no surprise there with all of EP stacked at the gate. But that's ok, I'm use to it considering our guild runs 6 nights a week prime time fighting both blobs. The question you need to ask yourself is what do you bring to the table each night aside from the ability to destroy ball with an overwhelming number of nightblades using sap essence and fear, of course that's when you actually show up to play. If you want to create a better community start with stopping the t-baggers in your group. Until than push off and play your FOTM meta.
    Just remember invictus, your new found strengths are coming from DC re-rolls who have no loyalty to any faction. You were once a good guild, last year, now you're simple pixels trying to emulate a dragon.

I'm not sure where this myth of all these DC to EP rerolls supposedly is coming from.

I still see remaining VE members with their tags on in the field as blue.

Blue is still winning the current campaign, if you haven't paid attention to the scoreboard. By a fair margin.

Oh, and Taran, if you want an example of a 'non stacked' fight with IVS, just think about the Chalman FD fight. Just you and us.
    Options
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah I've been thinking about it. I'm glad you all were there I needed to be somewhere else in a hurry.
    Options
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    yeah I've been thinking about it. I'm glad you all were there I needed to be somewhere else in a hurry.

C'mere and gimme a hug.

<3
    Options
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is Prime Time.

I'm not sure where this myth of all these DC to EP rerolls supposedly is coming from.

Blue is still winning the current campaign, if you haven't paid attention to the scoreboard. By a fair margin.

Oh, and Taran, if you want an example of a 'non stacked' fight with IVS, just think about the Chalman FD fight. Just you and us.

Oh i forgot to ask you what happened to you at nikel. Seemed like a very short stay for you guys..Funny how fights go sometimes.
    Options
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is Prime Time.

Oh i forgot to ask you what happened to you at nikel. Seemed like a very short stay for you guys..Funny how fights go sometimes.

Win some, lose some.

This is more like a baseball season than a football season. What matters is the record at the end.

I like our current winning percentage.

Now where's my hug?
    Edited by Agrippa_Invisus on September 15, 2017 4:01PM
    Options
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is Prime Time.

Win some, lose some.

This is more like a baseball season than a football season. What matters is the record at the end.

I like our current winning percentage.

Yeah I can agree with you on that one.
    Options