Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

PC/NA Vivec

• Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good to see DiG back up and going strong for AD. Many good fights. AD is getting there I think.
    Options
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With all due respect to DIG, no, it's not even close to being significantly better.

Edit: I want to be clear that I meant no disrespect to DIG. I hope they decide to stay on Vivec. NA prime time Saturday was pretty decent for AD, but it was with more or less all cylinders running and with some noteworthy opponents absent. I think the road head is still long and winding.

Edited by zyk on August 27, 2017 9:15AM
    Options
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Had some good small scale fights in the evening with DIG around Cropsford. After a while the numbers grew significantly on both sides, but with the only other action on the map the endless see saw between Bleaks and Ales farm, it was a welcome change of pace.

Shor could really use DIG, but I can't blame them for coming to Vivec with the current nastiness going on in Shor.
    Options
  • Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    With all due respect to DIG, no, it's not even close to being significantly better.

Edit: I want to be clear that I meant no disrespect to DIG. I hope they decide to stay on Vivec. NA prime time Saturday was pretty decent for AD, but it was with more or less all cylinders running and with some noteworthy opponents absent. I think the road head is still long and winding.

I dunno man, I think if AD nurtures what it had running today you will be in a very good place.

Between Fantasia and Arteum running strong medium sized groups. Then DK, DiG and Dom Dom as a front line I think you have what you need right there. We fought each of these guilds many times over the weekend resulting in some of the best fights we've had in a long long time.

It's a big step up from prime time AD being pretty much a PUG group getting farmed on faragyl roof this time last month.

See the bright side Zyk :P
    Edited by Vilestride on August 27, 2017 10:07AM
    Options
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is it just me, or have regular PvPers stopped logging in as often since the PvP event? Populations are low, and fights are scarce these past few weeks.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
    Options
  • Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it just me, or have regular PvPers stopped logging in as often since the PvP event? Populations are low, and fights are scarce these past few weeks.

What incentive is there to go into Cyrodiil unless you truly love RvRvR PvP or the combat style?

AP? No, I can farm gold and get any avid player to buy Items I desire.

Gear? No, no gear in Cyrodiil or IC is needed or can just be bought with gold if required.

End of Campagin Rewards? I used to love these when I could get a Master Weapon. Now, not so much.

Alliance Ranks? Sure, people want dye colors and skill points, but you can get enough skill points in PvE and even get very similar dye colors.

Character Progression? Maybe if you consider alliance ranks. However, if I want to morph skills or get Champion Points, I have Skyreach.

Current DLC model does not promote long term playability either.

Another issue is having all these campaigns open on PC/NA that are not needed. Just pulls players to them and keeps the others lower in population. (I haven't logged on since Saturday so maybe the IC event started up or something to merit them.)
    Options
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Combination of summer / holidays / burn out from ap event excesses etc
    pvp is a little boring atm agreed.
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
    Options
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I used to pvp 7 nights a week. Now I play about 2.

Zerg balling for o-ticks is the most boring meta yet.
    Options
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Psilent wrote: »

What incentive is there to go into Cyrodiil unless you truly love RvRvR PvP or the combat style?

Gear? No, no gear in Cyrodiil or IC is needed or can just be bought with gold if required.

End of Campagin Rewards? I used to love these when I could get a Master Weapon. Now, not so much.

Alliance Ranks? Sure, people want dye colors and skill points, but you can get enough skill points in PvE and even get very similar dye colors.

Character Progression? Maybe if you consider alliance ranks. However, if I want to morph skills or get Champion Points, I have Skyreach.

Another issue is having all these campaigns open on PC/NA that are not needed. Just pulls players to them and keeps the others lower in population. (I haven't logged on since Saturday so maybe the IC event started up or something to merit them.)

People just need their Alliance War skill trees for certain key abilities (Vigor, Caltrops, Warhorn, etc) and then they're out. I don't blame the ones who try to get this done asap.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
    Options
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I logged on midway through prime time to find an EP emp and a EP horde. Looked like good times, got some good fights in, but ADs lack of map presence was very concerning. Then EP dropped to 3 bars immediately after the dethrone, and action just died by 8 pst.

Really odd.

Really boring.
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

Options
  • adirondack
    adirondack
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I decon nearly ever "Reward of the Unworthy" I receive. The master weapons provided a sense of purpose to PvP and gave us a reason to want to control the map and win the a campaign. Now PvP is pretty much a bunch of AP farmers. I guess that is fun for some. But if we had a real incentive for winning a campaign and sticking with a faction, I believe things could be a lot more interesting. Use whatever definition of 'interesting' you feel is appropriate.
    Ray
    Options
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

I used to pvp 7 nights a week. Now I play about 2.

Zerg balling for o-ticks is the most boring meta yet.

Same here. I've also spent most of my time this patch on my PvE builds to try to experience some vet trials, which is the one part of the game I haven't done yet.

And the o-ticks were *supposed* to encourage people to spread out, but we all knew what was going to happen. Faction stacking keeps to ensure a take. Or PvDooring empty ones.
    Options
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

PVP players use to just fight for PVP . They can get this in battlefields without watching people switch sides mid fight or zerging one faction for Emp . I think Cyrodiil is the way it is because ZOS listened to the wrong audience for too long and was too lax on exploiting for too long . Now the same raids and pug wranglers run the map one way and then log out and run it back on another side to get what they want . In short there's a lot of people just playing with themselves now .
    Options
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wrote this in another thread:

I still race to defend -- because I enjoy defense and objective fights -- which creates the following sequence of bad gameplay:
    - race to defend
    - do my best to work with the few others there to slow down opponents
    - get hopelessly zerged down
    - retake nearly empty keep 10 minutes later against something like 5 defenders with the 60 other players from my faction who show up for the Otick

This sequence is common and terrible PVP. More AP isn't always better. It's about using rewards to motivate players towards fun PVP scenarios. This rarely happens now.

The otick change should be completely reversed. Offset this by increasing kill AP rewards which will also increase O and D ticks from worthwhile fights. Stop rewarding players for PVDoor and PVE in general. If anyone leaves because PVDoor is no longer rewarding, good riddance.

But more than anything, give some talented game designers the time and resources necessary to improve gameplay in Cyrodiil. It badly needs dev attention.
    Edited by zyk on August 30, 2017 4:32PM
    Options
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

People are just quitting / going more casual. New games are coming about / in beta before release. I tried logging in the other night for the first time in 2 weeks to say hi, hit a 5 minute loading screen at login. Why bother? So I can get more loading screens, crashes, ping spikes in Cyrodiil?

And as if performance issues aren't enough to make people quit, you basically can't get good fights anymore because of what ZOS has done to PvP. Skill is out. Numbers (and to a slightly lesser degree, gear sets) are in.

I can't even PvE because ZOS thinks 2 crappy dungeons is enough content to tide people over for like 4 months. 2 crappy dungeons and zero interesting balance changes that might spice up gameplay. All those unused skills from the past 2 years? Still unused.

Felt nice to vent, but whatever. See you guys in 6 months if something interesting changes.
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
    Options
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kilandros wrote: »

People are just quitting / going more casual. New games are coming about / in beta before release. I tried logging in the other night for the first time in 2 weeks to say hi, hit a 5 minute loading screen at login. Why bother? So I can get more loading screens, crashes, ping spikes in Cyrodiil?

And as if performance issues aren't enough to make people quit, you basically can't get good fights anymore because of what ZOS has done to PvP. Skill is out. Numbers (and to a slightly lesser degree, gear sets) are in.

I can't even PvE because ZOS thinks 2 crappy dungeons is enough content to tide people over for like 4 months. 2 crappy dungeons and zero interesting balance changes that might spice up gameplay. All those unused skills from the past 2 years? Still unused.

Felt nice to vent, but whatever. See you guys in 6 months if something interesting changes.

I both completely understand this post, and it makes me very sad to read.
    Options
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magus wrote: »
    It's easy to fall into the trap of hating other players and saying I want to grind them into the ground so hard that their play time is miserable and then they quit the game.... except, suppose you succeed in that, that's less players to fight against, less PVP content. PVP is dying not growing in this game, so this mindset needs to go away.

I think a lot of the spy calling is pure frustration on the part of whomever is loosing. It's hard for players to look inward and accept their own short-comings and it's always easier to blame others for the failures that happen. I wouldn't take anything said in zone chat to heart. Right now AD needs experienced players groups and guilds. Our armies are dead, tired, or no longer interested in PVP.
    Options
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I've logged in almost every night this week wanting to go PvP, then I'm just like meh and log back out.
    Options
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ghost-Shot wrote: »

I've logged in almost every night this week wanting to go PvP, then I'm just like meh and log back out.

Me too, except we did enjoy a couple of hours of PvP yesterday. Been playing a lot of PUBG and binge watching old GoT seasons lately.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
    Options
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the biggest issue AD is facing at the moment isn't so much lack of groups or leadership, it's the groups themselves. See my DC and EP friends, DK, DD, and fantasia run groups between the 16 to 24 size. We do communicate to an extent but for most nights we split up on the map and try and hold either the west east or south. Which is to say the way perhaps it should be. But from my perspective, when DC and EP decide to push down they like to roll with 36 to 48 in a ball. Usually double our numbers. I don't know why those factions need to zerg like that and certainly its not for the good fight. It's simply to zerg and take the map. I know everyone is going to say this is not true, everyone is going to say AD, specifically me, zergs without conscious. Well let me add some food for you to ponder DC. If AD was so overpopulated with guilds and groups why did TKG re-roll AD? yeah i get the different time slot, but don't you think its because DC simply has too many players on VIVEC? I'm just saying any faction that has that many players should really re-think the mindless blob and attrition strategy. Frankly if it weren't for VE and maybe K-hole running during my time slot and most of the DC population surfing along with those groups you all would be the one's being farmed by smaller groups.

But if attrition works for you I suppose you should stick with what works. My guess is VE will eventually re-roll AD to balance and the ones that don't or wont will either go with K-hole or stick around to rebuild. The thing to always remember though is the good groups always attract the most opposition. The good groups always get twice their numbers. The good groups always look at the map and make choices about where they can create a good fight. The not so good groups tend to run the lines of transit because they need the instant respawn and zerging ability. I'm just saying AD doesn't have the numbers to win a campaign and the last one i think was won because of low pop bonus not because AD dominated the map. But we don't really care at this point because we have all chosen (DK wise at least) to stick it out and simply get better. So if there is an opportunity for some cross faction "seminars" from k-hole or Dracarys leaderships my ts or a neutral discord is always welcomed. Lets face it, we all want good fights and fun and much less faction stacking.
    Edited by Anazasi on September 5, 2017 11:08AM
    Options
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Anazasi wrote: »
    . But we don't really care at this point because we have all chosen (DK wise at least) to stick it out and simply get better. So if there is an opportunity for some cross faction "seminars" from k-hole or Dracarys leaderships my ts or a neutral discord is always welcomed. Lets face it, we all want good fights and fun and much less faction stacking.

I'm always available for any discussions or questions you have for Dracarys. Can find me in the PvP council discussion discord.
    Edited by Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO on September 6, 2017 2:17PM
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
    Options
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tertiary Meat guested on Vivec for a bit last night and had some good fights, mainly against DC. Didn't really see too many EP outside of a couple small scale groups but we spent most of our time there on the western half of the map anyway. A couple times DC balled up to two raids plus and we couldn't overcome it but a great time otherwise.

This is from around midnight central time:
    https://youtu.be/WedtgHSxWIE
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
    Options
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DC starts that balling up around 7pm est every night. They cant play any other way apparently they are the kings of ZERG. We face them all the time and EP all the time. I really wish EP and AD would just push them to there gates for a week just to force them to stop balling up like that.

It's totally out of hand. AD is leaving or has left vivec in mass recently because of this behavior by DC. It wont be long before the rest of the AD faction walks away from this terrible faction stacking campaign.
    Edited by Anazasi on September 9, 2017 12:45PM
    Options
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DC starts that balling up around 7pm est every night. They cant play any other way apparently they are the kings of ZERG. We face them all the time and EP all the time. I really wish EP and AD would just push them to there gates for a week just to force them to stop balling up like that.

It's totally out of hand. AD is leaving or has left vivec in mass recently because of this behavior by DC. It wont be long before the rest of the AD faction walks away from this terrible faction stacking campaign.

I feel ya.

The nightly 80+ zerg rush into Chalman is unfun to deal with. Lagging so hard that siege barely fires, sound cuts out, and you can't respond to anything, with heals drowning out any attempt at damage.

Or that one guild that runs mid day and routinely drops 40+ players into backline keeps like BB or KC.

You don't get fun fights out of them, either. It's either a) getting zerged or b) pest extermination. There's no real in between there.

This isn't to knock on any of the guilds from DC that are actually good (and yes, they do exist).

Yeah, I know EP and AD can zerg, too. I've seen 60+ on the flags of BRK before and I've seen the red tidal wave roll over Alessia. It happens.

But not every single night or afternoon like freaking clockwork.
    Options
  • KamoChameleon
    KamoChameleon
    ✭✭✭

In regards to your previous post you are absolutely correct. We (TKG) moved to AD from DC because of the overwhelming numbers on DC side, and the lack of good fights. I'd rather be fighting the larger numbers than in them. From everyone I have talked to no one regrets it.
    Edited by KamoChameleon on September 10, 2017 1:32AM
    Options
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard last night that the DC VE guild disbanded. Is there any truth to this rumor? Can someone provide details?
    Options
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I heard last night that the DC VE guild disbanded. Is there any truth to this rumor? Can someone provide details?

Yes, we will no longer be actively raiding in ESO aside from our farewell raid next week and a few occasional drunk reunions.
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

Options
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Satiar wrote: »

Yes, we will no longer be actively raiding in ESO aside from our farewell raid next week and a few occasional drunk reunions.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_GinaBruno there goes another longstanding PvP guild on PC NA. Are the Devs at all concerned about the health of PvP right now? Or is PvP just not profitable enough to be of much concern.
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
    Options
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kilandros wrote: »
    Satiar wrote: »

@ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_GinaBruno there goes another longstanding PvP guild on PC NA. Are the Devs at all concerned about the health of PvP right now? Or is PvP just not profitable enough to be of much concern.

ZOS is confused because they made the game more fun for us by removing so much counter-play, that we basically don't have a choice but to get mercilessly run down by 30 players every time we go near action. You wanted to PvP at the bridge, I think you'd have more fun getting run down the river to die by 30 people over and over again.

But cmon it's more fun guys, don't you like re-spawning and riding your horse all day.
    The Age of Wrobel.
    Options
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    seems to me the complaints are about zerging mostly here. ZOS really has no control over the players behavior; its the players. Yeah we all talk about policing ourselves, but in reality it simply takes more self control then previously or presently shown. VE as a guild i think was doing well until the last couple of months when it seemed they just recruited everyone. We all saw the numbers grow fast and in my opinion way to fast. Controlled growth is something you have to work towards every day. DK is still only 59 members active, even with the daily zone recruiting spam over the last month. It takes more than just sending a guild invite. Look at Dracarys, they are the best guild group running vivec (in my humble opinion) they never run more 20 and they fight outnumbered every night and win most of the time. Bigger isn't always better it just means you have larger headaches. I'm sorry to see VE go and wish all their members good fortune where ever they may end up.
    Options