The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PVP - Any plans on balancing heavy armor finally?

• Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heavy at our already took a big Nerf, its far from OP now. Just stack pen and they melt
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
    Options
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. Heavy is insanely overpowered, and right now there is NO reason to run medium on anything but a nightblade (because of cloak and shade) unless you like shooting yourself in the leg.

First of all, wrath shouldn't exist. Removing it will not affect pve AT ALL while nerfing the damage heavy does in pvp. Replace it with like something taunt related or something that only affects pve.

Secondly, I agree with the shuffle part. Though my heavy stamblade would still have major evasion as I don't use shuffle, it would be a good start.

Now the resource return, at least imo, is fine in heavy. You still need to stack regen in order to have no sustain issues. The problem lies in the fact that heavy can ditch out insane damage while at the same time restoring resources. My suggestion to this is to change the last passive so it goes like this: increase stam return blablabla but also decreases the damage your heavy attacks do by (like) 60-70%.

I also agree and disagree about the heavy armor sets. I do agree that they used to be very strong, but they aren't really, not anymore. Me and my buddy both run a crafted heavy set and a medium set on our nightblades, and I know a certain stam sorc also runs the same setup.

Imo the only problem heavy setups have is that it allows for stupid high damage stacking and have he benefits of 30k tank resists. Nerf that damage potential and everything else will be balanced.
    Options
  • Rahotu
    Rahotu
    ✭✭✭
    a game with api holes convoys of trucks drive through ....armour...*cough...
    Options
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @tplink3r1 where are the lies? I have 5k weapon damage, 30k resists with bloodspawn proc, 2.1k stam recovery and 37k max stam on my HEAVY stamblade. Give me ONE medium armor setup that can achieve that.
    Edit: oh yeah 28k health as well.

If you are absolutely clueless about the matter at hand please gtfo, you obviously are not playing in a tier high enough to be able to have any say in things like these.
    Edited by Subversus on August 19, 2017 9:38AM
    Options
  • LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »
    Heavy armor is grossly overpowered compared to medium. It sustains just as good thanks to the rapid mending resource bonus, it has access to shuffle like medium and it can provide you with a bunch of damage thanks to an array of offensive heavy armor sets.

Fighting some of these characters becomes impossible when they're dealing more damage than you, sustain better by abusing a resource mechanic and can take 3 times more punishment before going down.

If anyone over there cares about PVP balance, I propose the following;

- Consider tuning down offensive heavy armor sets, there should be no reason for me to run heavy armor and have more damage overall than in medium.
    - Restrict armor actives to their armor tree, 5+ pieces required to use that active ability. No more shuffle on heavy armor, in fact, major evasion in heavy armor probably shouldn't be allowed at all.
    - Remove the resource sustain from rapid mending, in what world does it make sense to wield a two handed massive weapon in FULL heavy armor and actually replenish your resources at an increased rate? If you were worried about pve tanks not sustaining as well, don't - they sustain perfectly fine in dungeons, and the ones that don't, need to work on their builds a bit.

If you want to see more balanced pvp gameplay in ESO, you really need to look into this heavy armor meta, it will only get worse in time.

Oh and btw since I'm here, get rid of those proc sets, no one asked for them, no one competent likes them, having your armor do damage for you is incredibly stupid. I never thought I'd say this, but I'm starting to miss the good old 1.5 pvp days too.

Have a good day.

In what world do you live in that you think Heavy has more sustain then Medium and more damage?

In a world where more experienced players than you play.

You wanna compare knowledge of the game with me?

Let's put out the simple facts for you mate.

Currently the two classes that are going to utilize heavy armor in PVP are dragon knights and Templars.

Dragon knights will utilize it because they get bloody stamina/magicka back from using ultimates and stamina back from casting earthen heart line. This is the only reason they generally are able to run something like 5 heavy. That magicka version of it simply runs it because it relies heavily on dots and blocking as they don't have freakin cloak or hardened ward to pick up the slack.

What about Templars? You can get away with using 5 heavy on a stamina Templar but since the resource nerf it's simply not viable hence why most of them you see will run something like 2 heavy with 5 medium to take advantage of ravager. Again they're rolling around in 5 medium for a reason. Magicka Templars esp healers will roll around in heavy armor but they're running heavy sustain through their skills and not heavy armor itself.

You don't see sorcs nor nightblades generally run heavy armor. They have zero need to; so when you say something like the heavy armor meta... I laugh at the sheer stupidity of it because the two most played pvp classes don't run heavy armor.

So step the hell off chump change.

Solariken wrote: »
    Heavy armor is grossly overpowered compared to medium. It sustains just as good thanks to the rapid mending resource bonus, it has access to shuffle like medium and it can provide you with a bunch of damage thanks to an array of offensive heavy armor sets.

Fighting some of these characters becomes impossible when they're dealing more damage than you, sustain better by abusing a resource mechanic and can take 3 times more punishment before going down.

- Consider tuning down offensive heavy armor sets, there should be no reason for me to run heavy armor and have more damage overall than in medium.
    - Restrict armor actives to their armor tree, 5+ pieces required to use that active ability. No more shuffle on heavy armor, in fact, major evasion in heavy armor probably shouldn't be allowed at all.
    - Remove the resource sustain from rapid mending, in what world does it make sense to wield a two handed massive weapon in FULL heavy armor and actually replenish your resources at an increased rate? If you were worried about pve tanks not sustaining as well, don't - they sustain perfectly fine in dungeons, and the ones that don't, need to work on their builds a bit.

If you want to see more balanced pvp gameplay in ESO, you really need to look into this heavy armor meta, it will only get worse in time.

Oh and btw since I'm here, get rid of those proc sets, no one asked for them, no one competent likes them, having your armor do damage for you is incredibly stupid. I never thought I'd say this, but I'm starting to miss the good old 1.5 pvp days too.

Have a good day.

In what world do you live in that you think Heavy has more sustain then Medium and more damage?

See Ravager, Seventh Legion, et al.

See above.

No, I don't want to compare knowledge with you, I want to compare experience which you obviously do not have. Players like you can go around throwing numbers left and right, but as soon as they fail to demonstrate any practical experience in terms of theorycrafting or gameplay, it stops being relevant in my opinion.

Let me educate you a bit. I've played medium and heavy on all classes except Warden and I can confirm from experience that in a fight between two equally skilled (and geared) opponents, heavy is going to win every single time no discussion about it which is something that doesn't (and shouldn't) make sense at all from a logical perspective.

If you don't want to listen to me, listen to some other players who's opinions I respect and value, having seen them play the game and be very successful at it.

@Ragnaroek93 @Murador178 @Blobsky @Dillpat @Aelakhaii_De_Mythos @Derra @DeHei and more but this will do.
    kaithuzar wrote: »
    Heavy armor isn't exactly giving you a ton of damage, nor is it giving a ton of sustain like black rose use to. IMO I feel like what the OP is frustrated with is that his opponents can create a clever alchemist build with heavy armor & wreck him within that small potion duration.

Nice try, but wrong on so many levels.

Heavy does give you more damage as demonstrated in a few examples above, mage doesn't 'get rekt' by clever alchemist (not that I can recall at least), mage simply notices the imbalance of heavy vs medium and thinks it's *** because mage also wants to play a rogue character in pvp like decimus but is forced into heavy armor every single time and he thinks this is wrong and unfair to many players that ARE running such builds in PVP and are getting packed left and right in medium because they simply cannot compete, with a play style they do not enjoy playing themselves (thank you Decimus, very well put).

So next time you show up to speculate as to why someone is opening a thread about anything, perhaps you should ask before putting out ridiculous conclusions.

As for alchemist, that set is not even that good compared to ravager, seventh and even fury. We're talking Cyrodiil here of course, in 1v1 it can be very strong but still nothing better than the previous ones.
    Options
  • Rohaus
    Rohaus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the sentiment that heavy should NOT be nerfed any further but rather instead Medium armor should be slightly buffed.
    YouTube channel Rohaus Lives!
    Daggerfall Covenant
    VR16 DragonKnight
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It´s not easy to generalize heavy being better than medium anymore.

To give an example of what i think about both armor weights i´ll stick to my main class (which is sorc):
    Heavy compares to medium like a necropotence pet dueling build compares to an amberplasm willpower maelstrom open world build.
    One works well for controlled situations whereas the other works better when utilizing terrain, kiting and killing scrubs.

This gets amplified further by certain classes being better in medium while other are better in heavy (generally immobile healing oriented favors heavy).

The only statement i vehemently disagree with is nightblade being bad in heavyarmor. Both specs for NB, stamina and magica work marvelous in heavy.
    I´d go as far as stating the only reason heavy stamblade didn´t catch fire is because of proccsets being almost exclusively medium and eternal hunt offering insane synergy to dodge + cloak evasive playstyle.

I don´t generally disagree generally with medium needing a buff but i think giving medium the same 1v1 potential heavy has while maintaining it´s undeniable mobility advantage over heavy for open world combat would be undesireable from a balancing perspective (what would be the incentive to run heavy on stamina builds in that case).
    Edited by Derra on August 19, 2017 2:12PM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Light armor is in a good place, Hvy armor is in a good place, medium armor just needs a tiny buff like some mitigation or crit resistance.
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
    Options
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The easist solution would be a passiv, that reduce incoming damage for arround 25%, but reducing also the damageoutput for 50% while wearing 5+ pieces heavy armor. This passiv for the other what gives spell- & weapondamage!

Problem solved!

I personally think, that some heavy armorset like seventh legion, revegar or fury need a 5th setpiecenerf. Medium armor need more damage mitigation to make it optional in PvP..
    Edited by DeHei on August 19, 2017 4:52PM
    DeHei - EP Magicka Templar Allrounder
    De Hei(Youtube)
    Options
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, to be fair medium armor is still very good for the "gank and run" playstyle, most likely better than heavy. The problem however is that any mobility advantage you might have is quickly negated by the first Soul Assault or other undodgeable shite (birds, jabs, shalks, jbeam, curse, power of the light etc etc etc) that hits you - and that's when you wish you'd be wearing heavy armor+S&B.

But hey, as long as you can avoid drawing the attention of those players with undodgeable shite you'll be fine. This is one of the main reasons why NB specifically is good in medium armor, as you have cloak as a secondary (albeit somewhat unreliable as well) way to evade damage.
    Options
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Currently the two classes that are going to utilize heavy armor in PVP are dragon knights and Templars.

Most mDKs have gone to light and magplars seem to be moving in that direction as well. With sets like impregnable and wizard's riposte, the extra mitigation from heavy isn't nearly as attractive as it was compared to extra penetration and cost reduction.
    Options
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UppGRAYxDD wrote: »
    Light armor is in a good place, Hvy armor is in a good place, medium armor just needs a tiny buff like some mitigation or crit resistance.

This. HA is not overpowered; MA is underpowered is all.
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only acceptable changes would increase TTK

Any advocated changes that decrease TTK must be completely disregarded.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How can you say heavy is grossly OP when most of the stam players are NB's in medium with infinite roll dodge? Heavy doesn't have anywhere near as good sustain as it did pre-Morrowind.
    Options
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Someone always wants to complain about the armor set that they're not wearing.

Light and Medium armor wearers hate heavy armor if they get a damage bonus... so they scream to take away the damage.

Then, if a heavy armor wearer uses sets that makes them really, really hard to kill... they scream about "unkillable" cancer builds.

So what do you want? Heavy armor builds to have no damage and to die easily??? FFS.
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
    Options
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Subversus wrote: »
    @tplink3r1 where are the lies? I have 5k weapon damage, 30k resists with bloodspawn proc, 2.1k stam recovery and 37k max stam on my HEAVY stamblade. Give me ONE medium armor setup that can achieve that.

If you are absolutely clueless about the matter at hand please gtfo, you obviously are not playing in a tier high enough to be able to have any say in things like these.
    Why do i have to show you a build with X resist? I attacked these two lies, not the fact you can have high resistance with HA.

''Fighting some of these characters becomes impossible when they're dealing more damage than you, sustain better by abusing a resource mechanic"

Just stop and admit you were wrong or lying. I won't waste more time with dishonest people.
    Edited by tplink3r1 on August 19, 2017 4:39PM
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
    Options
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Have a good day.

In a world where more experienced players than you play.

You wanna compare knowledge of the game with me?

Let's put out the simple facts for you mate.

Dragon knights will utilize it because they get bloody stamina/magicka back from using ultimates and stamina back from casting earthen heart line. This is the only reason they generally are able to run something like 5 heavy. That magicka version of it simply runs it because it relies heavily on dots and blocking as they don't have freakin cloak or hardened ward to pick up the slack.

What about Templars? You can get away with using 5 heavy on a stamina Templar but since the resource nerf it's simply not viable hence why most of them you see will run something like 2 heavy with 5 medium to take advantage of ravager. Again they're rolling around in 5 medium for a reason. Magicka Templars esp healers will roll around in heavy armor but they're running heavy sustain through their skills and not heavy armor itself.

You don't see sorcs nor nightblades generally run heavy armor. They have zero need to; so when you say something like the heavy armor meta... I laugh at the sheer stupidity of it because the two most played pvp classes don't run heavy armor.

So step the hell off chump change.

Solariken wrote: »

Have a good day.

See Ravager, Seventh Legion, et al.

See above.

Nearly all staminaguys, who play very successful in PvP, wear heavy armor. Only nightblades can compensate the less damage mitigation from medium armor with cloak. In PvE its not a problem.. there its all fine.

Against me or other is wearing medium armor for a duell something like suicid! Heavy armor is stronger for passiva and in sets you can choose.

For magickaplayer you can go more damage like me with light armor. If you want to stay tankier is heavy armor also a solution.
    BUT not only templar and DKs can successful use it. Its just wrong. If you want a meleerangebuild you should only prefer heavy armor, but others are possible too.

Only medium armor get too much damage in fight and should get buffed for damage mitigation or something, what makes it more optional like light armor for magickaplayer.
    Edited by DeHei on August 19, 2017 4:55PM
    De Hei(Youtube)
    Options
  • LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tplink3r1 wrote: »

Why do i have to show you a build with X resist? I attacked these two lies, not the fact you can have high resistance with HA.

''Fighting some of these characters becomes impossible when they're dealing more damage than you, sustain better by abusing a resource mechanic"

Just stop and admit you were wrong or lying. I won't waste more time with dishonest people.

No one is wrong or lying, you're just clueless that's all. And rude. So stop being clueless and rude or just avoid posting if you got nothing but toxicity to add. Thank you.
    Options
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jaburns wrote: »

Light and Medium armor wearers hate heavy armor if they get a damage bonus... so they scream to take away the damage.

Then, if a heavy armor wearer uses sets that makes them really, really hard to kill... they scream about "unkillable" cancer builds.

So what do you want? Heavy armor builds to have no damage and to die easily??? FFS.

Some of us play all three and various classes, and we would like to see a little better balance because it makes the process of choosing which armor to use more interesting and more fun coming up with build ideas. If the choice is too easy, this is boring.

In my case, I was thrilled that heavy armor finally became viable last year, because since launch it had been trash, less tanky than light armor, less damage and crap sustain. However, it became too easy of a choice because the sustain was excellent, damage output excellent while still being close to phys/spell resistance cap.

It was similar situation with update 1.6 (jan 2015), when finally medium armor became viable, but it was a bit overpowered because you could roll dodge permanently and nirnhoned trait was too strong.

The devs have been working for a long time to balance these three armor categories based on player feedback and testing. I don't envy them because this is not simple, and the pendulum swings a bit this way and that.

There is certainly a role for extreme tank builds in pvp who get decent sustain from Constitution when they are getting attacked but don't do much damage. And for squishy players with incredibly high burst damage, and then everybody else in between.

Edited by IcyDeadPeople on August 19, 2017 5:12PM
    Options
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DeHei wrote: »
    The easist solution would be a passiv, that reduce incoming damage for arround 25%, but reducing also the damageoutput for 50% while wearing 5+ pieces heavy armor. This passiv for the other what gives spell- & weapondamage!

Problem solved!

I personally think, that some heavy armorset like seventh legion, revegar or fury need a 5th setpiecenerf. Medium armor need more damage mitigation to make it optional in PvP..

This....heavy should be all about mitigating damage and selfhealing to stay alive....but definetely NOT about killing enemys fast. If you can outsustain them fine, but killing should never be the primary goal of a heavy-armor specc nor should it be possible to create such a build...

light armor: magicka-damage, healing, shielding
    medium: stam-damage + healing, evasion, movement
    heavy: dmg-reduction, selfsustain, selfhealing

i never understood why they gave dmg-passives and sets to heavy armor :(
    Noobplar
    Options
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was similar situation with update 1.6 (jan 2015), when finally medium armor became viable, but it was a bit overpowered because you could roll dodge permanently and nirnhoned trait was too strong.

To be honest, medium armor & stam builds were viable even in the beta when everyone called this game "Elder Staves Online". In fact, with how much undodgeable shite there is around these days, I'd say medium armor was more viable in 2014 than it is right now.

I mean, if almost every skill is going to hit you anyway, what's the logic behind not using heavy armor to mitigate that damage?

Back in the days you could atleast dodge roll to avoid pretty much anything (from Meteors to jabs/sweeps), and your opponents actually ran out of resources while they spammed those skills you were dodging. Sure, there wasn't Vigor, or any real self heal in 2014 (Rally wasn't changed into burst heal until later), but you'd still be able to survive with zero heals just by using the innate defensive ability designed for medium armor - dodge.
    Options
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Destruent wrote: »

Problem solved!

This....heavy should be all about mitigating damage and selfhealing to stay alive....but definetely NOT about killing enemys fast. If you can outsustain them fine, but killing should never be the primary goal of a heavy-armor specc nor should it be possible to create such a build...

With the idea of specs that you posted- neither light nor medium should have self-sustain then. There should be no regen in the passives nor reduction of costs. (ie: Windwalker, Evocation, Recovery).
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
    Options
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Problem solved!

For the damage argument... If we just take a look at the skill lines and, for the sake of this argument, ignore sets for a moment (because you said it's about passives):

Heavy armor gives you 200 weapon/spell damage for 5 seconds after being hit 20 times. There is a restriction.

Medium armor gives you 12% more weapon damage constantly, no restriction. Means at exactly 1663 weapon damage the damage passives get even. From here on agility outperforms wrath.
    And this doesn't even takes the bonus crit chance into calculation.

Light armor gives 4884 spell penetration. I can't tell exactly how much more damage this is but it should be something around 7-7,5% if you're not overpenetrating or hitting magickal shields? How much % damage increase gives the 200 dmg from wrath? I can't tell how to calculate this but we should definitely keep this in mind when we talk about how OP the HA damage passive is.
    Also the 2191 crit chance aren't even calculated in there, again.

So I think it's save to say that the damage passives from light and medium by far outperform the HA dmg passive.

But, and this is a big but, this get's put into perspective when you take set boni into account. Looking at you, ravager, 7th legion, etc. So maybe there lies the issue rather than into HA passives alone.
    Options
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a light armor user who runs shuffle: I would be fine with it requiring 5+ pieces of medium to use. Same with all armor skills, so each build could only rely on one active armor skill max.

As for HA, wrath passive is counter-intuitive, if the point of medium is to do dmg and heavy is for preventing dmg. I made a thread about it ages ago. Offensive HA builds (that reach overall better stats than med users) = not good for balance
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
    Options
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I complain about heavy armor and have a heavy armor stamina nightblade as my current main, heavy armor stamina dk being the main prior to morrowind. Most of the people in this thread played/play heavy armor. It's called being aware and not a sheep. Also called not shooting myself in the leg. Are people not allowed to point out the fact that heavy armor is just plain broken unless they actually play with it?

And to actually respond to your seemingly troll reply, yes. Heavy armor should do very little damage and only be able to tank/sustain with the help of a group. Tanks should not be able to deal damage period, let alone be able to 1 shot burst people while at 30k resists.
    tplink3r1 wrote: »

Are you trolling or simply unable to understand what has been presented? I literally gave you concrete proof that my HEAVY armor build is literally better (stats wise, I have very much left to improve skill wise and I admit that) than ANYTHING medium armor will ever be able to build. There is no counter to that from a medium armor build unless the heavy guy makes mistakes or gets outplayed.

As mage said, statement which you so eagerly dismissed, in a fight where both players are equally skilled, well built heavy armor players will 100% of the time beat well built medium armor players. That's how it is. If you disagree, then we obviously play in different skill gaps and I have no further desire to debate with you.
    Options
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Problem solved!

For the damage argument... If we just take a look at the skill lines and, for the sake of this argument, ignore sets for a moment (because you said it's about passives):

Heavy armor gives you 200 weapon/spell damage for 5 seconds after being hit 20 times. There is a restriction.

Medium armor gives you 12% more weapon damage constantly, no restriction. Means at exactly 1663 weapon damage the damage passives get even. From here on agility outperforms wrath.
    And this doesn't even takes the bonus crit chance into calculation.

Light armor gives 4884 spell penetration. I can't tell exactly how much more damage this is but it should be something around 7-7,5% if you're not overpenetrating or hitting magickal shields? How much % damage increase gives the 200 dmg from wrath? I can't tell how to calculate this but we should definitely keep this in mind when we talk about how OP the HA damage passive is.
    Also the 2191 crit chance aren't even calculated in there, again.

So I think it's save to say that the damage passives from light and medium by far outperform the HA dmg passive.

But, and this is a big but, this get's put into perspective when you take set boni into account. Looking at you, ravager, 7th legion, etc. So maybe there lies the issue rather than into HA passives alone.

yeah its maybe something between special sets and passive from HA.
    De Hei(Youtube)
    Options
  • nCats
    nCats
    ✭✭✭
    I might be in the minority here, but for me the idea of heavy armor as a big thing in pvp kind of coincides with my perception of how it should be. Historically, 15th century battles saw use of full plate and big two-handed weapons to cut through, with fencing techniques for smaller weapons aimed at weak spots in armor. Of course, we are not in Renaissance here, but the inspiration comes from the times past. I also like to see the roots of TES thinking in the universality of heavy.

Not to mention that a blanket nerf to heavy will result in even more empowering of magsorcs, a very strong category already.

What should be probably introduced is mixed armor categories (e.g. 3 medium 3 heavy) with its own unique bonuses, like some added damage but also some received healing, a good compromise for a category of builds.
    Options
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I complain about heavy armor and have a heavy armor stamina nightblade as my current main, heavy armor stamina dk being the main prior to morrowind. Most of the people in this thread played/play heavy armor. It's called being aware and not a sheep. Also called not shooting myself in the leg. Are people not allowed to point out the fact that heavy armor is just plain broken unless they actually play with it?

And to actually respond to your seemingly troll reply, yes. Heavy armor should do very little damage and only be able to tank/sustain with the help of a group. Tanks should not be able to deal damage period, let alone be able to 1 shot burst people while at 30k resists.

I'm sorry- did you just say "Tanks should not be able to do damage period..."? And you want them to only be able to tank/sustain with a group? So... you effectively want them completely out of PVP. Who would even play a tank? You can't actually taunt someone in PVP- so that's out. That would leave healers and damage dealers for PVP. Tanks would run around the AvA zone completely being ignored. Or do you think that a tank's utility in PVP would be to hang out with the group and spam Talons and Warhorn so everyone else can enjoy actually PVPing? That sounds like fun.

Edited by Savos_Saren on August 19, 2017 6:44PM

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
    Options
  • LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm sorry- did you just say "Tanks should not be able to do damage period..."? And you want them to only be able to tank/sustain with a group? So... you effectively want them completely out of PVP. Who would even play a tank? You can't actually taunt someone in PVP- so that's out. That would leave healers and damage dealers for PVP. Tanks would run around the AvA zone completely being ignored. Or do you think that a tank's utility in PVP would be to hang out with the group and spam Talons and Warhorn so everyone else can enjoy actually PVPing? That sounds like fun.

So what you're saying is that it's totally fine for a tank to sustain perfectly well, dish out even more damage than medium and on top be 3 times harder to take down with boosted resistances and healing? Might as well rename medium armor into 'gankers put points here' and call it a day.
    Options
  • nCats
    nCats
    ✭✭✭
    The "dish out even more damage than medium" quote needs precision. You cannot avoid the fact that 12% damage bonus is there; saying that a fury+auto+wd sets build has more weapon damage is a fallacy as there are options for medium to get a lot of damage as well, and it scales even better with +12%. Plus the crit chance difference cannot be denied and many people deem that important, even with all the Impen gear around.
    Options