Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

You Guys Could Nerf Soul Assault Anytime Zos!

mmolegends44
mmolegends44
✭✭✭
the title explains it all nothing left unsaid.
Edited by mmolegends44 on August 15, 2017 6:12PM
  • Gothren
    Gothren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nothing wrong with soul assault. easy to counter. not even one of the best ultimates. l2p please.
  • Maikon
    Maikon
    ✭✭✭✭
    ^
  • PlautisCarvain
    PlautisCarvain
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yea true
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maikon wrote: »
    ^

• s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gothren wrote: »
    nothing wrong with soul assault. easy to counter. not even one of the best ultimates. l2p please.

They removed counters to soul assault. It definitely overperforms in non-cp PVP.
  • Libonotus
    Libonotus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They removed counters to soul assault. It definitely overperforms in non-cp PVP.

So you're saying they removed block? Okay then
  • Humphie
    Humphie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Libonotus wrote: »

Rekt
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Or maybe breaking line of sight?
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No but a single Soul assault will drain 30 k stamina in seconds
    Signature

• Libonotus
    Libonotus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tonnopesce wrote: »

Sounds like a stam recovery problem
  • Libonotus
    Libonotus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds like a stam recovery problem
    Edited by Libonotus on August 15, 2017 6:33PM
  • Meld777
    Meld777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a Stamina Nightblade in PvP, so I suffer most from it cuz of my squishiness and inability to just spam shield like magicka builds. If anyone, I should QQ most about it. Yet, just block + Vigor spam will do it. If Soul Assault is a problem for you, you need to learn to play, as stated before.
    Edited by Meld777 on August 15, 2017 6:33PM
    Maelstrom Arena Champion | Undaunted | Fighters Guild Victor

Level 50 Magicka NB | CP160+

nAA | vCoH1 HM | nSO | nCoA2 | nDSA | nMA | vVoM

PC EU
  • Libonotus
    Libonotus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meld777 wrote: »
    I'm a Stamina Nightblade in PvP, so I suffer most from it cuz of my squishiness and inability to just spam shield like magicka builds. If anyone, I should QQ most about it. Yet, just block + Vigor spam will do it. If Soul Assault is a problem for you, you need to learn to play, as stated before.

Or if you're a Templar one or two Breath of life's will outperform it
  • Vanagrand
    Vanagrand
    ✭✭✭

That's english?
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Or just cloak after 2 seconds..
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Then why do I have zero trouble blocking this in a magDK with 15k stam?

Not saying Soul Assault can't be effective -- I 2-3 shot people on magblade ganker with it. Said magblade is also toast if you catch her because I failed to detect your friend in stealth. It's a fair trade-off.
  • Coilbox
    Coilbox
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nerf after nerf, eso became a farm simulator game in 2019...
    Comrade, a word...
  • DeathHouseInc
    DeathHouseInc
    ✭✭✭
    Just want to thank knowledgeable players for their input. I now know soul assault sucks.

So now that we know this how do you guys think they could improve the skill so it wasn't so bad? Remove stam debuff and up dmg or remove any channeling? I really planned to use this one on my Mag Sorc.
    Edited by DeathHouseInc on August 15, 2017 6:43PM
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Obviously you have never actually played PVP.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think we flogging a dead horse and forum pwnage on OP has covered it, but it's far from over powered, easy to counter and needs a buff not a Nerf if anything (that set that boosts soul trap should boost assault then we are talking)
    Edited by Beardimus on August 15, 2017 6:43PM
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coilbox wrote: »

5k crowns for the daedric tractor mount...
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recently gave Soul Assault another look. So many people crying about it on the forums, it must be a killer right?

Really the only people it worked well on were the ones that did nothing to try to counter it.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Coilbox
    Coilbox
    ✭✭✭✭
    UppGRAYxDD wrote: »
    Coilbox wrote: »

5k crowns for the daedric tractor mount...

A daedric tractor...! you sir are a vissionary :3
    Comrade, a word...
  • Araviel2
    Araviel2
    ✭✭✭
    now when dawnbreaker is undodgeable again i would choose that over soul assault any day if i just had some physical penetration too
    Araviel -Professional Zerg surfing mutagen spammer [DC-EU]
  • mmolegends44
    mmolegends44
    ✭✭✭
    funny when you hear idiots say learn to play nothing wrong with it and they be the ones spamming soul assault your so cool hope zos enjoys this post and nerf the hell out of it or make it interruptable.
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    funny when you hear idiots say learn to play nothing wrong with it and they be the ones spamming soul assault your so cool hope zos enjoys this post and nerf the hell out of it or make it interruptable.

This is why we cannot have nice things...
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Think we flogging a dead horse and forum pwnage on OP has covered it, but it's far from over powered, easy to counter and needs a buff not a Nerf if anything (that set that boosts soul trap should boost assault then we are talking)

i'm the weird dude in the room saying there really are no metas...but if that armor set applied to soul assault even i would start laughing at everybody for NOT using.
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • itscompton
    itscompton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »

Definitely, was running this last night and 9/10 people lived through the full channel. It's best purpose it to help drain stam/magica from otherwise unkillable builds. I just came back off a 7 month break and from reading the forums I expected to run into nothing but Magsorcs in Cyrodiil and instead found tons of people running some ridiculous DK meta that can tank 10 people and then turn around and hit you with a 6K wrecking blow. The only way those guys were going down was me lighting them up with soul assault to drain some stam so everyone else's damage finally took them out.
  • mmolegends44
    mmolegends44
    ✭✭✭
    @UppGRAYxDD game is unbalanced and broken never was nice things in the first place.
  • Libonotus
    Libonotus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Obviously you have never actually played PVP.

I obviously do otherwise I wouldn't know that blocking soul assault significantly lowers the damage it does per tick