The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

You Guys Could Nerf Soul Assault Anytime Zos!

• TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pieratsos wrote: »
    UppGRAYxDD wrote: »
    funny when you hear idiots say learn to play nothing wrong with it and they be the ones spamming soul assault your so cool hope zos enjoys this post and nerf the hell out of it or make it interruptable.

This is why we cannot have nice things...

The reason why we cannot have nice things is because of people like you defending every BS in the game that ignores defenses. Soul assault negates the main defenses of medium armor builds. Blocking soul assault on a medium armor that isnt using snb will do roughly 10k dmg and cost 20k stamina while being permasnared. Thats not a counter. Thats prety much a guaranteed death sentence. The only thing u can do is LOS and no, people dont carry trees with them.

And no, we are not gonna "think outside of the box" because some of u like removing skill from the game.

But if we remove everything in the game that kills us, we don't need skill either.
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    funny when you hear idiots say learn to play nothing wrong with it and they be the ones spamming soul assault your so cool hope zos enjoys this post and nerf the hell out of it or make it interruptable.

The reason why we cannot have nice things is because of people like you defending every BS in the game that ignores defenses. Soul assault negates the main defenses of medium armor builds. Blocking soul assault on a medium armor that isnt using snb will do roughly 10k dmg and cost 20k stamina while being permasnared. Thats not a counter. Thats prety much a guaranteed death sentence. The only thing u can do is LOS and no, people dont carry trees with them.

And no, we are not gonna "think outside of the box" because some of u like removing skill from the game.

If you could dodge roll everything, you'd be invincible.

The only defense against a medium armor build you described is to be offensive, which dodge roll counters.

Dodge roll is a direct hard counter to my survivability, SA is a hard counter to your off the charts offensive capabilities.
    @Waffennacht I know you make multiple classes so here I'm ask if your talking about your magplar or your pet sorc.How is dodge roll a direct counter to your survivability?For sorc you have shields which us your main defense I'm assuming your talking about crit surge curse is undodgebale and heal you,but your also have access to pets which heal you.Magplar have BOl and sweeps are undodgeable.So I'm confused by your statement that dodge roll hard counter your your survivability which isn't true for any clsss.
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So the answer to anything that kills you is "nerf it". If its such a bane to your existence, drop medium armor and slot Heavy...Its not like there are no counters to SA. I guess thinking isn't a skill line you researched yet...

No, the answer to what kills me isnt nerf it. Thats just the naive perspective of people like you that dont like skilled gameplay and got used to being carried by every BS in this game. I play in light, medium and heavy. SA is manageable in light and heavy cause their defenses are actual counters to SA. Medium armor defense isnt.

Try harder.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KingJ wrote: »

The only defense against a medium armor build you described is to be offensive, which dodge roll counters.

Dodge roll is a direct hard counter to my survivability, SA is a hard counter to your off the charts offensive capabilities.
    @Waffennacht I know you make multiple classes so here I'm ask if your talking about your magplar or your pet sorc.How is dodge roll a direct counter to your survivability?For sorc you have shields which us your main defense I'm assuming your talking about crit surge curse is undodgebale and heal you,but your also have access to pets which heal you.Magplar have BOl and sweeps are undodgeable.So I'm confused by your statement that dodge roll hard counter your your survivability which isn't true for any clsss.

mSorc would be frag. Templar would be simply the distance traveled by dodge roll lol @ Templar mobility.

I'm saying Medium armor builds have such offensive capabilities the only counter play is to be offensive and constantly apply pressure. Roll Dodge prevents pressure and allows a medium build another chance at 20k stacked DMG (until console gets updated, I'm still experiencing them)

Undodgeable abilities are the only way to kill a dodge roller. SA and similar abilities are counters
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's best used against perma dodgeroll or perma shield builds. Also against bads. If you are the former, there are very few counters to your build, don't cry when people use them. If you are the latter...I believe it's been covered: l2p.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Pastas
    Pastas
    ✭✭✭

Has someone killed you dodge rolling?, LOL.
    You have lot of counters in the game for dodge:
    -Channeled atacks, like resto and lighting staff heavy attacks, Radiant Destruction, Soul Asault, Puncturing Sweeps...
    -Dive, warden skill
    -Curse sorc skill
    -Mages Fury, sorc execute
    -Petrify, DK skill
    -Ground targeted skills

I just hope that they add similar conuters to shield stacking, permablocking and overhealing.

WARNING
    This post may Include horrible gramatical and orthographic errors
    Read on your own risk
    AD
    Dar'foo Stamblade Zorg-gro-Wurf DK tank Far-Datxo Templar healer Valmir Spellius Magsorc
    Randolf Omberic Magblade Felien Golas Magdk Faenor Oakwood Stamplar Sader Dustorm Stamsorc
    EP
    Do'Ragash Stamdk Caius Grachus Stamden Dalyne Narus Magplar
    DC
    Melkar Spellius Magden
    PC EU
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

But if we remove everything in the game that kills us, we don't need skill either.

Who said remove everything in the game that kills us? I said remove/change things in the game that remove skill.
    So you actually need skill to kill people. Not everyone needs to abuse every broken sh*t in this game to kill people.
    Edited by pieratsos on August 15, 2017 10:41PM
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

mSorc would be frag. Templar would be simply the distance traveled by dodge roll lol @ Templar mobility.

I'm saying Medium armor builds have such offensive capabilities the only counter play is to be offensive and constantly apply pressure. Roll Dodge prevents pressure and allows a medium build another chance at 20k stacked DMG (until console gets updated, I'm still experiencing them)

Undodgeable abilities are the only way to kill a dodge roller. SA and similar abilities are counters

Build another chance at 20k stacked DMG to which you can react using ur defense.
    SA isnt something to which they can react using their defenses. Just like shieldbreaker isnt something to which sorcs can actually react using their defenses. Thats the difference.

And if procs are finally addressed it will also be harder for medium armor builds to dodge roll everything cause they will have to actually invest into dmg instead of relying on selene and viper and putting everything else into stamina regen.
    Edited by pieratsos on August 15, 2017 10:39PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Build another chance at 20k stacked DMG to which you can react using ur defense.
    SA isnt something to which they can react using their defenses. Just like shieldbreaker isnt something to which sorcs can actually react using their defenses. Thats the difference.

And if procs are finally addressed it will also be harder for medium armor builds to dodge roll everything cause they will have to actually invest into dmg instead of relying on selene and viper and putting everything else into stamina regen.

ATM, imo, 2 GCDs isn't much of a defensive opportunity. But this could change in the update
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • chaserstorm16909
    chaserstorm16909
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Libonotus wrote: »
    Gothren wrote: »
    nothing wrong with soul assault. easy to counter. not even one of the best ultimates. l2p please.

They removed counters to soul assault. It definitely overperforms in non-cp PVP.

So you're saying they removed block? Okay then

And shields and healing? lol
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really just want Soul Assault to be bashable. Everything else about it is fine, even the CC immunity. They could even make it refund a portion of the ultimate cost if it's bashed/interrupted.
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Frags isn't a defense its a offensive ability.You still have your shields to fall back on as a sorc.Sorcs also have mines.On a templar are fine again sweeps undodgable they have to dodge through. I will say I play stamplar more than magplar and never had issues hitting someone with jabs even if they dodegroll through me just turn around and jab.I also play xbox no issue catching a stambuild with jabs.

I understand proc are strong I hate them but that'snot the only way to deal with them stam build is being offensive thats how you kill magplar make them go aggressive and think they can kill you most stop.paying attention to there half even good ones and you finish them off.Stam builds have to use dodge how else are we to mitigate damage if we block we can't recovery stam and we dont have were not build to take damage thats why meduim armor doesnt boost healing.

Can we talk about how there barely no stam abilities that goes through dodge roll but majority of magic abilities go through dodge.Those abilities need counters in of themselves.
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

ATM, imo, 2 GCDs isn't much of a defensive opportunity. But this could change in the update

It still doesnt bypass ur defences. Shieldbreaker does. And im prety sure u dont like shieldbreaker. Just how i dont like it when im on a sorc. Feel free to play a medium armor build without snb. The second someone SA you, the first thing u will say is "wtf is this BS". If you are in no CP u will probably melt before you even say that.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It still doesnt bypass ur defences. Shieldbreaker does. And im prety sure u dont like shieldbreaker. Just how i dont like it when im on a sorc. Feel free to play a medium armor build without snb. The second someone SA you, the first thing u will say is "wtf is this BS". If you are in no CP u will probably melt before you even say that.

Actually the first time I ran medium no SnB I got insta gibbed by a proc NB... Soo... Yeah
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Libonotus
    Libonotus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Subversus wrote: »
    Lol at the moron who said it's a stam recovery issue, you don't regen stam while blocking, and currently blocking is the only counter to SA. Where does stam regen come into play here?

Make the player using it able to get CC'd. I'm fine with it being interruptible and undodgable, and it brings some sort of intelligent play to it where you can only use it with cc immunity rather than opening your burst with an ultimate and hope for the best.

Well I mean I'm fairly sure it doesn't burn through 30k stam per tick, ergo you should be able to withstand the final tick when your stam runs out. If not, that's your problem.
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pastas wrote: »

Has someone killed you dodge rolling?, LOL.
    You have lot of counters in the game for dodge:
    -Channeled atacks, like resto and lighting staff heavy attacks, Radiant Destruction, Soul Asault, Puncturing Sweeps...
    -Dive, warden skill
    -Curse sorc skill
    -Mages Fury, sorc execute
    -Petrify, DK skill
    -Ground targeted skills

I just hope that they add similar conuters to shield stacking, permablocking and overhealing.

The main difference between shielding and dodging is that you can remain offensive during a dodge. i.e. dodge canceling an incap into a sorc throwing a frag at you. You avoid the damage and land powerful hits simultaneously.

Stamblade can cloak after two seconds or use shades making SA only dangerous at execute levels
    StamDK can obsidian shield blocking crits, providing mending on their vigor ticks and restoring some stam
    Stamplar can already have PoTL set up to pressure the caster into dropping SA prematurely.
    Stamsorc can afford to block it and then use dark deal later.
    Stamwarden tends to be pretty tanky and has stamina burst heals.

Another little facet is that PvP pretty rarely breaks down into 1v1 situations, and when they do both players try to keep the fight in a location that benefits them. magsorcs will often 1v1 in the open since they can generally shield the damage, while stam characters will aim for a tower or tree in which they can almost indefinitely control LoS.

In group situations, allies can also heal/shield you and/or pressure the guy using SA.

Also I ask because I'm not sure, does shuffle give you immunity to SA snare?
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • Smmokkee
    Smmokkee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meld777 wrote: »
    I'm a Stamina Nightblade in PvP, so I suffer most from it cuz of my squishiness and inability to just spam shield like magicka builds. If anyone, I should QQ most about it. Yet, just block + Vigor spam will do it. If Soul Assault is a problem for you, you need to learn to play, as stated before.

Lol you should qq least about it.. with cloak
    Edited by Smmokkee on August 15, 2017 11:38PM
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Actually the first time I ran medium no SnB I got insta gibbed by a proc NB... Soo... Yeah

Ok procs are broken. Whats ur point? You dont like procs so you want something equally broken against them? I understand that. I use SA against them too cause i know how effective it is. But i realise that what im doing to them isnt much better than what they are doing.

And this is how PVP ended up to the crap we have today.
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol at the moron who said it's a stam recovery issue, you don't regen stam while blocking, and currently blocking is the only counter to SA. Where does stam regen come into play here?

Make the player using it able to get CC'd. I'm fine with it being interruptible and undodgable, and it brings some sort of intelligent play to it where you can only use it with cc immunity rather than opening your burst with an ultimate and hope for the best.

Well I mean I'm fairly sure it doesn't burn through 30k stam per tick, ergo you should be able to withstand the final tick when your stam runs out. If not, that's your problem.
    You know unless your neeb you don't regen stam when blocking and blocking soul assault and healing cost 23-25k stam.If we add how much stam your would have gotten back its close to 35k.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok procs are broken. Whats ur point? You dont like procs so you want something equally broken against them? I understand that. I use SA against them too cause i know how effective it is. But i realise that what im doing to them isnt much better than what they are doing.

I wasn't making a point, you told me to run medium without SnB and I did, and I only had problems with Stam proc NBs, not SA. I think you were trying to make some sort of point. But I dunno because soul assault isn't OP
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coilbox wrote: »
    Nerf after nerf, eso became a farm simulator game in 2019...
    This
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Is on my signature for an reason.
    Solution is to buff Khajiit, it always work.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I wasn't making a point, you told me to run medium without SnB and I did, and I only had problems with Stam proc NBs, not SA. I think you were trying to make some sort of point. But I dunno because soul assault isn't OP

You mean blocking it and taking roughly 10k dmg and blowing up ur whole stamina pool yeah obviously its fine. But two GCD to put up roughly 20k shields isnt a defensive opportunity.

Keep believing that abilities that ignore defenses are fine. I guess shieldbreaker is a fine set promoting skilled gameplay as well right?
    Edited by pieratsos on August 16, 2017 12:19AM
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    double post
    Edited by pieratsos on August 16, 2017 12:20AM
  • Libonotus
    Libonotus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You know unless your neeb you don't regen stam when blocking and blocking soul assault and healing cost 23-25k stam.If we add how much stam your would have gotten back its close to 35k.

Just block it then without healing and heal when the soul assault has finished. I'm also fairly sure soul assault is interruptable.
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Just block it then without healing and heal when the soul assault has finished. I'm also fairly sure soul assault is interruptable.

Im fairly sure that u are 4-5 patches behind. Maybe more.
  • Rygonix
    Rygonix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coilbox wrote: »
    Nerf after nerf, eso became a farm simulator game in 2019...

This game isn't already? News to me.
    Ceres Des Mortem-Dark Elf Templar, EP
    PC-NA
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You mean blocking it and taking roughly 10k dmg and blowing up ur whole stamina pool yeah obviously its fine. But two GCD to put up roughly 20k shields isnt a defensive opportunity.

Keep believing that abilities that ignore defenses are fine. I guess shieldbreaker is a fine set promoting skilled gameplay as well right?

I don't believe breaker to be OP.
    I don't believe Knightslayer to be OP

I don't believe Oblivion Damage Glyphs will see play outside of the Torug builds.

Nerfs kill things
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Rygonix
    Rygonix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't believe Oblivion Damage Glyphs will see play outside of the Torug builds.
    Especially since the weapon enchantment was cut in effectiveness by 36%, yeah I can see that.

Ceres Des Mortem-Dark Elf Templar, EP
    PC-NA
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I don't believe breaker to be OP.
    I don't believe Knightslayer to be OP

Nerfs kill things

No skill kills PVP. There is a difference.
    But its ok, when you believe that shieldbreaker and oblivion dmg are healthy for the game then there is really nothing else to talk about. I guess procs are good too and they didnt need nerfs cause nerfs kill PVP right?
    Edited by pieratsos on August 16, 2017 12:59AM