The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

You Guys Could Nerf Soul Assault Anytime Zos!

• hmsdragonfly
    hmsdragonfly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It takes you merely 18k stam to block a full soul assault.

My magicka dk pvp build has that amount of stam which is also capable to accomodate more situations (roll dodge, break free, that usually require more stam on magic toon)

EDIT: words in bracket for clearer concept.
    EDIT2: I'm not even running full sturdy. Including one hand and shield passive + 1 sturdy; my block cost reduction is 40% flat.

Today I sucessfully blocked two Soul Assaults (different times different players). Both kinda deleted my stam pool but I largely survived that blow with the spec I quoted above. Blocking that thing will mitigate at least 50% of damage even your don't have protection buffs with you. I can't manage to find stam draining diagram for my two blocking aforementioned.

Congratz you survived a beam of doom with a 18k stam MagDK. But realistically, I have no trouble blocking beam of doom with a 16k stam MagDK and I don't believe anyone even has problem blocking it with a permablock S&B MagDK.

Now please try to block it with a bow and medium armour.

5 Hunding's, 5 Marksman 1 Chudan (spell/physical resistance) shoulder 5M/1H/1L works quite well for me on one of stamblades. But of course if you build a procblade things would be different.

Procblades are all dead. By working quite well, you mean beam of doom doesn't drain almost two-thirds of your stam pool when you block it with your bow?
    Aldmeri Dominion Loyalist. For the Queen!
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My magicka dk pvp build has that amount of stam which is also capable to accomodate more situations (roll dodge, break free, that usually require more stam on magic toon)

EDIT2: I'm not even running full sturdy. Including one hand and shield passive + 1 sturdy; my block cost reduction is 40% flat.

Today I sucessfully blocked two Soul Assaults (different times different players). Both kinda deleted my stam pool but I largely survived that blow with the spec I quoted above. Blocking that thing will mitigate at least 50% of damage even your don't have protection buffs with you. I can't manage to find stam draining diagram for my two blocking aforementioned.

Congratz you survived a beam of doom with a 18k stam MagDK. But realistically, I have no trouble blocking beam of doom with a 16k stam MagDK and I don't believe anyone even has problem blocking it with a permablock S&B MagDK.

5 Hunding's, 5 Marksman 1 Chudan (spell/physical resistance) shoulder 5M/1H/1L works quite well for me on one of stamblades. But of course if you build a procblade things would be different.

Procblades are all dead. By working quite well, you mean beam of doom doesn't drain almost two-thirds of your stam pool when you block it with your bow?

Oh it drains stamina but build and CP regen plus stam pots gives me ample stam management after blocking.
    Resource drain poisons are a much bigger issue.
    I do agree it should be bashable again as I attack the caster and am in his face.
    But I do believe it should still remain a counter to roll dodge/shuffle.
    Problem is after a post like this everyone will be using SA now, we are our worst enemies! lol

• pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    pieratsos wrote: »
    UppGRAYxDD wrote: »
    funny when you hear idiots say learn to play nothing wrong with it and they be the ones spamming soul assault your so cool hope zos enjoys this post and nerf the hell out of it or make it interruptable.

This is why we cannot have nice things...

The reason why we cannot have nice things is because of people like you defending every BS in the game that ignores defenses. Soul assault negates the main defenses of medium armor builds. Blocking soul assault on a medium armor that isnt using snb will do roughly 10k dmg and cost 20k stamina while being permasnared. Thats not a counter. Thats prety much a guaranteed death sentence. The only thing u can do is LOS and no, people dont carry trees with them.

And no, we are not gonna "think outside of the box" because some of u like removing skill from the game.

But if we remove everything in the game that kills us, we don't need skill either.

Who said remove everything in the game that kills us? I said remove/change things in the game that remove skill.
    So you actually need skill to kill people. Not everyone needs to abuse every broken sh*t in this game to kill people.

It is your opinion that soul assault is broken and you are entitled to it but it is your opinion not everyone's.
    SA has counters and I use them on my stamblade so it does not negate the main defenses of medium armor builds.
    Can't even remember the last time soul assault was the main reason I died on a death recap, I died because I made a mistake usually.

Feel free to enlighten people how they are supposed to counter it on a medium armor. Btw carrying a tree for LOS and zerging/zergsurfing are not counters.

Flying blade into ambush followed by normal stamblade rotation of your choice.
    Bull rush instead of avoidance, SA was designed to counter rolling so attack instead don't just stand there.
    Works for me.

Flying blade, into ambush, into incap, into execute. Thats 4 GCD assuming u used flying blade the exact same time the SA started (which is very highly unlikely) and assuming u are a stamblade. Medium armor builds are not just stamblades. And thats the entire duration of SA that you didnt block taking full dmg from a 50-60k at the very least tooltip and thats assuming u are not taking any other dmg. In short, you are dead. You are not the only one that thought of that solution mate. Not everyone is potato enough to stay at low hp before casting SA. Casting a shield before SA and that small chance of bull rush to succeed goes out the window. Back to blocking it i guess.

SA was designed to counter rolling. But why the hell is it Uninterruptible, gives CC immunity, permasnares and keeps people out of cloak? If someone is stupid enough to channel that *** in ur face u should be able to bash it.

Now I see you are arguing just for arguments sake as many counters and solutions have been pointed out to you.
    So good luck in your quest to reduce this game to fighting with Kendo sticks.

No im not. I just broke down the scenario you suggested as a solution. You said a normal rotation. Thats 4 GCD. The entire duration of SA that you didnt block. Meaning dead.
    And thats still in the case of the stamblade which has the highest burst, and thats still in the case that u can actually kill ur target in 3 seconds which wont happen with 10k+ shields up. Sorry but stamblade isnt the only medium armor class in the game.

No counters and solutions were presented that are actual reliable counters. Sorry but facts are facts.
    If people are stupid enough to SA in ur face you should be able to bash them. Thats called skill. It will still be undodgeable.
    Edited by pieratsos on August 16, 2017 2:01PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow squishy builds put together by players that disregard defense and advocate glass cannons have an issue with survivability?!

Who the @#$& knew?!

/Sarcasm
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koensol wrote: »

Whooptydoo... you survived SA with one of the more tanky builds in the game.

If you think 5 light spinner and 2 heavy bloodspawn plus a sword and board all divines cept head is sturdy, is one of a more tanky build. Then you might need to look carefully into those real tanky build.
    By the way the tankiest build is double even triple ward spamming sorc...

EDIT: sword and boards are part of silk of the sun set.

You use S&B and have 18k stam. So yes, you can block it with ease. Now, have you tried to block it with a bow in medium armour?

I thought the OP was talking about how overpowered and unblockable it is. Well if you have to block that with bow how about go cloak after 2 secs? I bet 2s of blocking won't drain 18K stam even on bow right?

Ummm, how does a stamsorc or a stamplar go to cloak?

It's not "overpowered", it is poorly designed, as in, it is useless against certain builds and extremely powerful against other builds.

stealth pot, or try to find something to block LOS.

I partially agree with your point (about the design).
    Edited by WaltherCarraway on August 16, 2017 2:17PM
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If you think 5 light spinner and 2 heavy bloodspawn plus a sword and board all divines cept head is sturdy, is one of a more tanky build. Then you might need to look carefully into those real tanky build.

You use S&B and have 18k stam. So yes, you can block it with ease. Now, have you tried to block it with a bow in medium armour?

I thought the OP was talking about how overpowered and unblockable it is. Well if you have to block that with bow how about go cloak after 2 secs? I bet 2s of blocking won't drain 18K stam even on bow right?

This is the part where you need to stop posting because you make urself look like a fool.
    Medium armor and stamblade isnt the same thing.
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wow squishy builds put together by players that disregard defense and advocate glass cannons have an issue with survivability?!

Who the @#$& knew?!

/Sarcasm

Wow. Biased people pretending to be experts on subjects they have no idea about and presenting fake numbers as pure facts.
    Who the @#$^ knew.

Yeah i guess 2GCD to absorb the full dmg and not hurt ur sustain isnt a defensive opportunity against a 20k burst but taking away half of ur hp and two thirds of ur resource while u are a sitting duck is a perfect counter.
    The bias is strong here.
    Edited by pieratsos on August 16, 2017 2:29PM
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is the part where you need to stop posting because you make urself look like a fool.

Wow, making a point about MY situation bout this ability makes me a fool? Okay, what a discussion. Why would i care about a stam blade? I kill loads of unskillful stam blade who thought he was a thing everyday lol. Stop replying me, your attitude made me sick already.
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Wow, making a point about MY situation bout this ability makes me a fool? Okay, what a discussion. Why would i care about a stam blade? I kill loads of unskillful stam blade who thought he was a thing everyday lol. Stop replying me, your attitude made me sick already.

You compared the blocking capabilities of a snb mDK with a bow medium armor build. Then u used cloak as a reliable counter for medium armor builds. And then u admitted SA is poorly designed after defending it. So yeah u get it now.
  • hmsdragonfly
    hmsdragonfly
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh it drains stamina but build and CP regen plus stam pots gives me ample stam management after blocking.
    Resource drain poisons are a much bigger issue.
    I do agree it should be bashable again as I attack the caster and am in his face.
    But I do believe it should still remain a counter to roll dodge/shuffle.
    Problem is after a post like this everyone will be using SA now, we are our worst enemies! lol

If pots are on cool down, then it's a feeldsbadman. Build and CP regen can't cut it unless the opponents are absolutely terrible that they don't know what to do. Yes I never say it should be dodgeable, it shouldn't, but there's no reason why it shouldn't be interruptible.

Edited by hmsdragonfly on August 16, 2017 2:44PM
  • hmsdragonfly
    hmsdragonfly
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not "overpowered", it is poorly designed, as in, it is useless against certain builds and extremely powerful against other builds.

I am not a zergling, so no stealth pot for me, i need speed pots. There's no way to block LOS in BG because if you camp LOS the enemy will just take the objective and win.

That's why it should be interruptible.
    Edited by hmsdragonfly on August 16, 2017 2:50PM
  • hmsdragonfly
    hmsdragonfly
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Who the @#$& knew?!

/Sarcasm

Because all medium armour without S&B builds are "disregard defense and advocate glass cannons"? Medium armour builds are already traded off some slight survivability to some slight damage, as they take more damage from every damage dealing ability in the game, yet you want a "Click here to delete medium armour builds" button? Can we have a "Click here to delete S&B" button?

Why don't you want it to be interruptible, are you afraid to lose your EZ mode?

Who the @#$& knew?!

/Sarcasm
    Edited by hmsdragonfly on August 16, 2017 3:11PM
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭

By the way,
    If you throw out the term" permablock "whenever DK is involved in a discussion; then you might haven't played DK any further than hours. Probably watched few Blobs permablock videoes then start yelling all DK permablocks with no problem QQ stuff.

I won' reply to this thread no more. Thank you. I don't need to care about other classes/build's incompetence on blocking this ability.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Who the @#$& knew?!

/Sarcasm

Who the @#$& knew?!

/Sarcasm

Did you not play back when it was?

Cuz I did and news flash, it was a POS - but that's what you want isn't it?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • hmsdragonfly
    hmsdragonfly
    ✭✭✭✭✭

By the way,
    If you throw out the term" permablock "whenever DK is involved in a discussion; then you might haven't played DK any further than hours. Probably watched few Blobs permablock videoes then start yelling all DK permablocks with no problem QQ stuff.

I won' reply to this thread no more. Thank you. I don't need to care about other classes/build's incompetence on blocking this ability.

@WaltherCarraway LOL I have never said that all DKs are permablock, I said that "no one has problem blocking it with a permablock S&B MagDK", that's a fact, I have never said that you are a permablock MagDK or that all MagDKs are permablock DKs, or that non-permablock DKs should have any problem blocking it as long as they have S&B or ward. What's with the hostility?

MagDK is my main PvP class. So, no, I don't QQ about my main.
    Edited by hmsdragonfly on August 16, 2017 3:13PM
  • melloni_aleb16_ESO
    melloni_aleb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    nerf only stam ( all , set , cost skill , etc ) ,...Everything about magicka is O K !!!!
    Edited by melloni_aleb16_ESO on August 16, 2017 3:04PM
    DC|EP|AD EU .:. Claymore - all classes DK/Sorc/Nb/templar .: Retired :.
    DC NA server with 400 ping - DKs Vraccàs

Philosophy of the poor .: "What you cannot beat ..zerg him " :.
  • hmsdragonfly
    hmsdragonfly
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Who the @#$& knew?!

/Sarcasm

Who the @#$& knew?!

/Sarcasm

As I said, increase the damage tick through block and then make it interruptible, I don't expect it to be interruptible while dealing 10 DPS to permablock builds.

I would rather have ZOS redesign that ability from the ground, it's one of the poorly designed skills. But that's a quick fix for now.
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am not a zergling, so no stealth pot for me, i need speed pots. There's no way to block LOS in BG because if you camp LOS the enemy will just take the objective and win.

Lol, no reason? How about that would leave the skill complete useless, like you know, it was when that was the case. Only change the ult needs is to space the ticks a bit so it doesn't drain too much Stam. And that is it.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Chelo
    Chelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gothren wrote: »
    nothing wrong with soul assault. easy to counter. not even one of the best ultimates. l2p please.

They removed counters to soul assault. It definitely overperforms in non-cp PVP.

Keep in mind that most of the people who play non cp PvP are newbies or bad players anyway... Honestly SA is just a noob killer, and that's great. Like the idea of having a skill with the whole purpose of taking down noobs fast...
  • hmsdragonfly
    hmsdragonfly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SanTii.92 wrote: »

Lol, no reason? How about that would leave the skill complete useless, like you know, it was when that was the case. Only change the ult needs is to space the ticks a bit so it doesn't drain too much Stam. And that is it.

It is already useless against permablock and shield-stacking builds. Adjusting the stamina drain is nice, but it will be even more useless against permablock builds, unless that's how you want it to be. My proposal is to increase the damage tick through block and make it interruptible, so that it actually promotes skillful plays. I don't use that poorly designed skill, but if you just want to just reduce the stam it takes to block, I will take it, but I believe my proposal might be better for you.
    Edited by hmsdragonfly on August 16, 2017 3:22PM
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf everything I can't beat!
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Don't get me wrong. My point throughout the post is to advocate, that 18k stam is enough to block Soul Assault. Even it sounds like a sacrifice on dps potential, however imo a bit more stam not only helps on blocking but also one or two more chances to dodge roll or break free.

:D
    My point is to advocate that no ult should mean certain death to specific builds. Soul assault is often used midfight, when the other party might not be full on stamina, while still having full health. I shouldn't be 100% killed if there is no LoS around. Even better is when you have a curse+mages wrath ticking on you. It's just RIP man. No contest. Im a lucky basterd with cloak, but I feel bad for all the other specs out there who run medium and have to deal with some noob castingt this cheese ult on them. It takes virtually no skill or an actual setup to be effective with SA. Compared to the ease of use, the amount of punishment the opponent takes is just way out of line. Both in health loss and stam loss. Skills need to have a counter, and soul assault does not have any reasonable counter for medium armor builds in an open space without los to break it. And remember I am talking about it being applied midfight, with lots of other crap ticking on you.

Just imagine a stamplar/stamsorc in medium hammering away at a sorc, stam going below the 50% region. He gets the sorc to 5% health, then the sorc activates his shield, CC's you and proceeds to activate cheddar assault. It's RIP. Either you CC break and are nearly out of stamina, or you don't and instantly die. I know medium armor should be squishy, but they have different ways to survive. Being killed by SA feels bad. Because you know it took 0 skill by the opponent.

• SnubbS
    SnubbS
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My lord that's a huff build.

If you have S&B or Wards then SA is genuinely a non-issue. It's a 'Hard counter' to anyone not using Wards or S&B—"Hard counters" shouldn't even be in the game. It shouldn't be a matter of "Paper beats rock"—the game has a minuscule skill gap to begin with, and "Hard Counters" do nothing to widen it.
    Xbox NA: SnubbS
    GoW eSports player & part time ESO Pug Ball Zerger.
    GB
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Who the @#$& knew?!

/Sarcasm

Who the @#$& knew?!

/Sarcasm

So now you are listing only the things that u see fit to boost ur argument?

Soul Strike:
    This ability can no longer can be purged or interrupted, but can now be blocked.
    You will now be immune to CC while channeling this ability.
    Increased the damage from this ability by 15%.
    This ability now prevents your target from entering stealth and invisibility for 2 seconds.

Thats the buffs SS got and its sure a lot more than just make it so u cant interrupt it.
    The bias is getting even stronger.
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is already useless against permablock and shield-stacking builds. Adjusting the stamina drain is nice, but it will be even more useless against permablock builds, unless that's how you want it to be. My proposal is to increase the damage tick through block and make it interruptible, so that it actually promotes skillful plays. I don't use that poorly designed skill, but if you just want to just reduce the stam it takes to block, I will take it, but I believe my proposal might be better for you.
    It's not useless on permablockers, and even if it were it doesn't really matters, you just target someone else. And you can't increase the dmge is far too strong now. Making interruptable will legit destroy the skill, or you don't remember. A single crushing shock will counter an ultimate, thats ridiculous.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Who the @#$& knew?!

/Sarcasm
    Squishy players that disregard defense? At this point im not sure if you are serious? In your eyes, defense must mean running heavy armor+SnB or running shields. Stamina builds have different ways to defend themselves. So just because that kind of defense is not effective against SA, these people disregard defense? Give me a break, please.

Edited by Koensol on August 16, 2017 3:26PM
  • SnubbS
    SnubbS
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Who the @#$& knew?!

/Sarcasm

Who the @#$& knew?!

/Sarcasm

It's a sack of *** now since it's only good vs the minority of players who play without Wards/S&B. Why you would sacrifice an ult to kill this minority of players is beyond me. It needs to be redesigned so it does balanced (High) damage to all targets without unnecessarily draining 10-15k of their resource pool.

Who the @#$& knew?!

/Sarcasm

If you can type this, and you do not support Wards being nerfed—then you're genuinely the most ignorant human being I've ever encountered.

The tankiest thing in the game (which can also do damage) is a MagSorc. They invest less into defense than your average procblade, and are rewarded with Tankiness on the level of an Heavy Armor S&B Templar/DK—with 20-25k burst potential at a moments notice.
    Xbox NA: SnubbS
    GoW eSports player & part time ESO Pug Ball Zerger.
    GB
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It's not useless on permablockers, and even if it were it doesn't really matters, you just target someone else. And you can't increase the dmge is far too strong now. Making interruptable will legit destroy the skill, or you don't remember. A single crushing shock will counter an ultimate, thats ridiculous.

You dont remember either. If you did, then you would know that interrupt wasnt the only thing that was changed.

And no its absolutely not ridiculous. Thats called skill. Something u are unfamiliar with. A lot of abilities, ults in the game can be completely countered by one skill/mechanic. That doesnt make them useless. Its for people to react and use their brain to either defend using their counters or find a way around the counter when on offense.
    Edited by pieratsos on August 16, 2017 3:40PM
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soul assault is a problem for me because the only time it's used is behind a group of people so yeah in a 1v1 environment you can block it and make it usesles in an environment where there's is more than one person it's very overpowered, they should make it interruptible because it would really only affect the tards who soul assault the enemy at 100% health good players usually use it as a type of execute so the enemy really wouldn't have time to bash
  • hmsdragonfly
    hmsdragonfly
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Come, I will permablock, you can cast that beam of Doom on me all day long. That's the thing, you target someone else, but you shouldn't be able to delete a guy in medium armor by just one click of button (by deleting his stam pool). It was useless not just because of the interrupt, but because its damage was lower, it could be purged, caster could be CC'd and people could just cloak away instantly. Jesus Beam has always been interruptible, so no, the skills won't be destroyed if tweaked properly. I would rather have that ability to deal more damage on me but leave me a way to counter it than to have hold block with my bow and helplessly look at my precious stam pool draining away.

You can make it immune to crushing shock so that only bash can interrupt it.