The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

You Guys Could Nerf Soul Assault Anytime Zos!

• UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @mmolegends44 , adapt or die bro...every patch brings new and different Meta's and Cheese. You just have to think outside the box. Dont go QQ on the forums for a nerf...
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • Tyreal1974
    Tyreal1974
    ✭✭✭✭
    Coilbox wrote: »
    UppGRAYxDD wrote: »
    Coilbox wrote: »
    Nerf after nerf, eso became a farm simulator game in 2019...

5k crowns for the daedric tractor mount...

A daedric tractor...! you sir are a vissionary :3

Totally agree! So far, that has been the first mount suggestion I have seen on the forum that I would actually spend money on. Give that person an awesome +1 and I wish I could vote twice! *walks away imaging a Daedric soul farming engine*
  • Nutshotz
    Nutshotz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hold up, @Sigtric

Weren't you one of the people biching about soul assault being OP as *** and it needs to get nerfed on another post?? Cuz that other post was full of people that did not understand the mechanics of soul assault and the advantages/disadvantage of it.

Yes it is strong but only @ the 40-45% and below marker and yet you can still heal thru it at that point. There is absolutely nothing wrong with soul assault and no need for a nerf, maybe a buff but thats about it [ gotta dream right ]
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solar flare -> javelin -> soul assault. Most people are dead. If they see it coming? Sure easy to counter. So many cant, the skill has major imbalance issues. Totally op? Nah. But it is far from balanced
  • Sneaky-Snurr
    Sneaky-Snurr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe try blocking, OP?
    The Order of the Shadows: Nightmare
      EP CP810 Nightblade
      AD CP810 Templar
      AD CP810 Dragon Knight
      AD Lvl 25 Sorceror
      DC Lvl 23 Nightblade
    {PC•NA•no-CP Ravenwatch}

Shadow hide you. -Unknown
    There is no clean fight in a war. -Shun Izaki
  • Meld777
    Meld777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vanagrand wrote: »
    Meld777 wrote: »
    I'm a Stamina Nightblade in PvP, so I suffer most from it cuz of my squishiness and inability to just spam shield like magicka builds. If anyone, I should QQ most about it. Yet, just block + Vigor spam will do it. If Soul Assault is a problem for you, you need to learn to play, as stated before.

That's english?

@Vanagrand Yes, that's perfect English incl. punctuation. Well, you could consider "cuz" a bit casual, but most people know it stands for "because" :)
    Maelstrom Arena Champion | Undaunted | Fighters Guild Victor

Level 50 Magicka NB | CP160+

nAA | vCoH1 HM | nSO | nCoA2 | nDSA | nMA | vVoM

PC EU
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hold up, @Sigtric

Weren't you one of the people biching about soul assault being OP as *** and it needs to get nerfed on another post?? Cuz that other post was full of people that did not understand the mechanics of soul assault and the advantages/disadvantage of it.

Yes it is strong but only @ the 40-45% and below marker and yet you can still heal thru it at that point. There is absolutely nothing wrong with soul assault and no need for a nerf, maybe a buff but thats about it [ gotta dream right ]

I don't think so...
    Making fun of people crying about "op" skills? guilty. Not sure if Soul Assault was one.

I usually don't get worked up over skills enough to call for nerfs, and when I do it's usually something stupid broken really needing a fix rather than a nerf.

I'm not even sure I've commented on soul assault before - I can't remember yesterday so who knows - and Soul Assault hasn't really been on my radar for consideration before just a couple weeks ago when I was seeing what the fuss was about.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Libonotus wrote: »
    Gothren wrote: »
    nothing wrong with soul assault. easy to counter. not even one of the best ultimates. l2p please.

They removed counters to soul assault. It definitely overperforms in non-cp PVP.

So you're saying they removed block? Okay then
    You know how much stam it cost to block soul assault as a medium armor stam build 20k+ stam if you vigor rally and block it.Not to mentioned block stops stam regen so after soul assault if you survive you have no stam to heal or attack.
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol at the moron who said it's a stam recovery issue, you don't regen stam while blocking, and currently blocking is the only counter to SA. Where does stam regen come into play here?

Make the player using it able to get CC'd. I'm fine with it being interruptible and undodgable, and it brings some sort of intelligent play to it where you can only use it with cc immunity rather than opening your burst with an ultimate and hope for the best.
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Subversus wrote: »
    Lol at the moron who said it's a stam recovery issue, you don't regen stam while blocking, and currently blocking is the only counter to SA. Where does stam regen come into play here?

Make the player using it able to get CC'd. I'm fine with it being interruptible and undodgable, and it brings some sort of intelligent play to it where you can only use it with cc immunity rather than opening your burst with an ultimate and hope for the best.

Kill them, block, heal thru it, line of sight, cloak(after 2 secs), invisibility pot(after 2 secs)....And yes stam recovery plays a big part of Line of sighting, healing thru it, and blocking( by this I mean throttle blocking, not holding it down like a tank). I dont see what the big deal is with countering SA...The only time it should kill you is when you are low on health, and at that point any damaging ultimate can kill you.
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It works pretty well with my Templar with the Soul Shine set. You just need to know when to use it. I disagree that it is OP though.

Playing since beta...
  • hmsdragonfly
    hmsdragonfly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tonnopesce wrote: »
    nothing wrong with soul assault. easy to counter. not even one of the best ultimates. l2p please.

They removed counters to soul assault. It definitely overperforms in non-cp PVP.

No but a single Soul assault will drain 30 k stamina in seconds

Sounds like a stam recovery problem

Stamina doesn't generate when you hold block, so no, not a stam recovery problem.
    Aldmeri Dominion Loyalist. For the Queen!
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stamina doesn't generate when you hold block, so no, not a stam recovery problem.

More of a sturdy problem
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    funny when you hear idiots say learn to play nothing wrong with it and they be the ones spamming soul assault your so cool hope zos enjoys this post and nerf the hell out of it or make it interruptable.

This is why we cannot have nice things...

The reason why we cannot have nice things is because of people like you defending every BS in the game that ignores defenses. Soul assault negates the main defenses of medium armor builds. Blocking soul assault on a medium armor that isnt using snb will do roughly 10k dmg and cost 20k stamina while being permasnared. Thats not a counter. Thats prety much a guaranteed death sentence. The only thing u can do is LOS and no, people dont carry trees with them.

And no, we are not gonna "think outside of the box" because some of u like removing skill from the game.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pieratsos wrote: »
    funny when you hear idiots say learn to play nothing wrong with it and they be the ones spamming soul assault your so cool hope zos enjoys this post and nerf the hell out of it or make it interruptable.

The reason why we cannot have nice things is because of people like you defending every BS in the game that ignores defenses. Soul assault negates the main defenses of medium armor builds. Blocking soul assault on a medium armor that isnt using snb will do roughly 10k dmg and cost 20k stamina while being permasnared. Thats not a counter. Thats prety much a guaranteed death sentence. The only thing u can do is LOS and no, people dont carry trees with them.

And no, we are not gonna "think outside of the box" because some of u like removing skill from the game.

If you could dodge roll everything, you'd be invincible.

The only defense against a medium armor build you described is to be offensive, which dodge roll counters.

Dodge roll is a direct hard counter to my survivability, SA is a hard counter to your off the charts offensive capabilities.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Non CP causes so many complaints...

Things like Proc Set Damage, Oblivion Damage, Soul Assault all become the center of attention because they perform extremely well in non CP. There's essentially less room for error.

Soul Assault is not the problem. The game was built around CP (or has been molded in this particular way) and I just don't think ZoS has figured out the best way to balance the game for non CP. There is no good answer except "wait it out!"
    Edited by brandonv516 on August 15, 2017 8:08PM
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So the answer to anything that kills you is "nerf it". If its such a bane to your existence, drop medium armor and slot Heavy...Its not like there are no counters to SA. I guess thinking isn't a skill line you researched yet...
    Edited by UppGRAYxDD on August 15, 2017 8:08PM
  • hmsdragonfly
    hmsdragonfly
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you are a perma block MagDK, Magplar, StamDK, Stamsorc, then yeah you will be fine. If you are a shield stacking sorc, yeah, you will be fine. If you are a medium armour stam character without S&B, yeah you can try to block it with your bow and cast vigor, then watch it drains your whole stamina pool. Then you die afterwards.

Just make it interruptible by bashing. The ult is ridiculously cheap for so few ways to counter.
    SanTii.92 wrote: »

Or maybe breaking line of sight?

It's so strong in BG where you can't find any tree or rock to LOS.

• UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you are a perma block MagDK, Magplar, StamDK, Stamsorc, then yeah you will be fine. If you are a shield stacking sorc, yeah, you will be fine. If you are a medium armour stam character without S&B, yeah you can try to block it with your bow and cast vigor, then watch it drains your whole stamina pool. Then you die afterwards.

Just make it interruptible by bashing. The ult is ridiculously cheap for so few ways to counter.

What about corners, walls, pillars? Last I checked they are in BGs...
    Edited by UppGRAYxDD on August 15, 2017 8:15PM
  • itscompton
    itscompton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solar flare -> javelin -> soul assault. Most people are dead. If they see it coming? Sure easy to counter. So many cant, the skill has major imbalance issues. Totally op? Nah. But it is far from balanced
    Looks like we found the one person who actually slots solar flare.
    Edit: my bad, I thoughtyou meant solar barrage, lol. But if you're using that and not dark flare I doubt you have much PvP experience to be drawing on in this discussion.
    Edited by itscompton on August 16, 2017 11:00PM
  • hmsdragonfly
    hmsdragonfly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe try blocking, OP?

The ult basically deletes your stam pool if you don't have S&B or spam shield, it wasn't this strong before, but since the nerf to blocking introduced in morrowind, the thing deletes stam pools. It's so cheap, I don't mind if it costs 200 but the thing costs less than 100 for certain classes, just stun -> beam of doom and if there goes your stam pool. It's just too cheap for something that has too few ways to counter.

So we have an ult that is useless against permablock builds, but is to powerful against non-S&B stam builds. I don't think it is the way it should be. It needs some tweaking, just increase the tick through block, but make it interruptible with bash. That, or increase the cost.
    Edited by hmsdragonfly on August 16, 2017 9:32AM
  • hmsdragonfly
    hmsdragonfly
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What about corners, walls, pillars? Last I checked they are in BGs...

So you have to camp around corners and pillars the whole game? BG is all about the objective, as in, you have to go there and fight, you can't camp the LOS all the time like how you 1vX in open world PvP, or the enemies will take the objective and win the game.
  • hmsdragonfly
    hmsdragonfly
    ✭✭✭✭✭

More of a sturdy problem

Yup people definitely need 3 Sturdy for their Two-Handed and Bow builds.

No, it's the problem of being totally useless against permablock builds and totally OP against non-S&B builds. That's not how it should be. Up the damage tick through block for all i care but make it interruptible with bash.
    Edited by hmsdragonfly on August 15, 2017 8:35PM
  • mmolegends44
    mmolegends44
    ✭✭✭
    nah you can't always block soul assault unless you a straight tank or a shield stacking sorc tbh!
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please nerf bad players.....
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It takes you merely 18k stam to block a full soul assault.

My magicka dk pvp build has that amount of stam which is also capable to accomodate more situations (roll dodge, break free, that usually require more stam on magic toon)

EDIT: words in bracket for clearer concept.
    EDIT2: I'm not even running full sturdy. Including one hand and shield passive + 1 sturdy; my block cost reduction is 40% flat.
    Edited by WaltherCarraway on August 15, 2017 10:13PM
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • hmsdragonfly
    hmsdragonfly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nah you can't always block soul assault unless you a straight tank or a shield stacking sorc tbh!

It's an indirect result from the nerf to blocking in Morrowind. People who say "hold block bruh" have never blocked it with a Two-Handed or a Bow since Morrowind. It deletes your stam pool if you do that. We have something that is useless against permablock S&B builds and totally OP against non-S&B builds, and that's not balanced. I don't see how itshouldn't be interruptible with bash, it is ridiculously cheap less than 100 uts, up the damage tick through block for all i care.
    Edited by hmsdragonfly on August 15, 2017 8:43PM
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If you could dodge roll everything, you'd be invincible.

The only defense against a medium armor build you described is to be offensive, which dodge roll counters.

Dodge roll is a direct hard counter to my survivability, SA is a hard counter to your off the charts offensive capabilities.

"Dodge roll everything" . Yeah cause in this game only SA is undodgeable, nothing else.

Its not just undodgeable. You are permasnared, you cant interrupt it, u cant cc the target, u cant outheal it. The only thing you can do is block it or hope that there is a tree next to you. Blocking it still does a ton of dmg and drains prety much ur whole stamina pool. Its not a counter, its a death sentence.

And no, dodge roll isnt a hard counter to ur survivability. Dodge roll is the defense of medium armor. Just like shields is the defense of light armor. You dont like dodge roll, they dont like shields.

SA is the shieldbreaker of medium. If you want to imagine what SA feels for medium, then imagine playing as a sorc and going up against shieldbreaker in every other fight. Both are broken.

Dodge isnt a perfect mechanic and sure it needs tweaks. Just like shieldstacking. Thats not an excuse of introducing abilities and sets that completely ignore the main defenses. The only thing you achieve like that, is to remove skill from the game and then its just numbers.
  • Malic
    Malic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stop listening to these sniffling cry babies.

No more nerfs.

Say yes to buffs. If snowflake is dying to soul assault, increase snowflakes ability to increase his mits.