Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Patch Notes v3.1.3

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
pgws0vwjmde0.jpg
The Elder Scrolls Online v3.1.3 incorporates some more balance changes to the game, in addition to a handful of bug fixes affecting dungeons, housing, quests, and UI. We’ve also fixed the issue where you weren’t able to preview and purchase homes, and therefore, have added three new homes to be tested. The size of this patch is approximately 240MB.

kv9t4qna4bmg.png
  • New Features / Updates / Big Changes
  • Fixes & Improvements
    • Morrowind
      • Exploration & Itemization
    • Horns of the Reach DLC Game Pack
      • Dungeons & Group Content
    • Thieves Guild DLC Game Pack
      • Justice System
    • Combat & Gameplay
      • Combat Balance
      • Combat Fixes & Improvements
      • Itemization Balance
    • Base Game Patch
      • Art & Animation
      • Crafting & Economy
      • Housing
      • Quests & Zones
      • UI
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    ysxlzuzhob8c.jpg
    New Homes
    New homes are now available to be previewed and purchased for testing!
    • Hakkvild's High Hall: Hakkvild, former Jarl of Falkreath who freed the hold from the hands of Yashnag's Orcs, built himself this spacious hall on the heights above town, with convenient access to the crypts of his ancestors. And now it can be yours!
      • This home neighboring the Falkreath Hold dungeon shares a similar style, and includes both subterranean and above ground furnishing areas.
      • This home will require you to complete achievements tied to Horns of the Reach in order to purchase it with gold, but is also available for crowns in furnished and unfurnished variants.
    • Cozy Fenside Cottage: This comfy little thatched hut on the edge of Hag Fen in Glenumbra has tumbledown walls to keep the crocodiles and witches out, with easy access to the Iliac Bay if you have friends in the smuggling trade. So misty!
      • This home will require you to complete the Witches Festival achievement “An Unsparing Harvest” in order to purchase it with gold, but is also available for crowns in furnished and unfurnished variants.
    • Linchal Grand Manor: This imposing estate in the Nibenese style was originally built as the summer manor of an Imperial City nobleman, now sadly deceased. Gardens with statues and a reflecting pool surround the stately walled mansion. Sumptuous!
      • This home will only be available for purchase with crowns once it goes live.
    Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on July 31, 2017 3:35PM
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    apfverebqp4j.jpg

50bdd9a5usdn.png
    General
    • The Library of Andule book will now properly glow.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    s281ty7qa9cg.jpg

e2cjp2uez0c8.png
    • Bloodroot Forge
      • You will now be directed to the correct location to Kill Galchobhar for both “Pledge: Bloodroot Forge” and “Blood for Blood.”
      • Added additional mechanics for the Earthgore Amalgam when Hard Mode is activated.
    • Falkreath Hold
      • Removed candles within the Jarl’s Hall; there’s enough fire present already.
      • Doorways that are blocked and unable to be entered throughout the dungeon will now appear as such.
      • Tuecille will no longer remain a pacifist on rare occasions and refuse to attack you. We mean it this time!

vom8xsuwptty.png
    Achievements
    • Updated the achievement text in The Unbroken Line and Bull Rush achievements to include the required enemies.
    • The War Chronicler: Fixed an issue where this achievement could not be completed, and also corrected a typo.
    • Veteran Firehide Slayer: Updated this achievement to not count deaths of Dreadhorn Earthgorers towards its completion.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    cak4bvjmobsk.jpg

ucc23t54knnr.png
    Maw of Lorkhaj Trial
    • Lunar Platforms no longer stop providing the Lunar Bastion effect while active.
    • Lunar Bastion’s visual effects will now show more reliably.

l6z5m0d28kze.png
    General
    • Added a small chance to recover the blueprint for an hourglass furnishing from priests particularly obsessed with time. Check the Gold Coast, if interested.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    1e5k1jtpejw3.jpg

7pq95x6nm3bg.png
    Champion System
    • The Lady
      • Shield Expert: This 30-point unlock now increases your Spell and Physical Resistance by 1500 when you are using a Shield or a Frost Staff instead of increasing the armor value from your Shield by 75%.

oj4bwecp7odl.png
    General
    • Fixed an issue where the Minor Slayer buff was being removed if you equipped multiple Item Sets that granted the buff.

World
    • Werewolf
      • Fixed an issue where some Werewolf abilities were not animating properly when weaving Light or Heavy Attacks with them.

Champion System
    • The Lady
      • Shield Expert: Renamed this ability to Bulwark.

zvhwsajfc09j.png
    Item Sets
    • Amber Plasm: Decreased the Magicka and Stamina Recovery granted by this Item Set to 250 from 300.
    • Beekeeper’s Gear: Decreased the Health Recovery granted by this Item Set to 400 from 500.
    • Draugr Hulk: Increased the Max Stamina granted by this Item Set to 2540 from 2500.
    • Green Pact: Decreased the Max Health granted by this Item Set to 2500 from 4000, and increased the health recovery to 250 from 200.
    • Ironblood: Decreased the snare applied by this Item Set to a 50% Movement Speed reduction, down from 75%.
    • Leviathan: Increased the Weapon Critical Strike rating granted by this Item Set to 2470 from 1643.
    • Maw of the Infernal: The monster summoned by this Item Set now only deals Flame Damage instead of a mixture of Flame and Physical Damage.
    • Mother’s Sorrow: Increased the Spell Critical Strike rating granted by this Item Set to 2470 from 1643.
    • Nerien’eth: Decreased the delay from when this Item Set procs to when it deals damage to 2 seconds from 3 seconds.
    • Plague Doctor: Decreased the Max Health granted by this Item Set to 4000 from 6000.
    • Selene: Increased the delay from when this Item Set procs to when it deals damage to 1.3 seconds from 1 second.
    • Spinner’s Garments: Decreased the Spell Penetration granted by this Item Set to 3450 from 4000.
    • Spriggan’s Thorns: Decreased the Physical Penetration granted by this Item Set to 3450 from 4000.
    • Tremorscale: This Item Set’s proc now occurs after a one second delay instead of instantly dealing unavoidable damage.
    • Willow’s Path: The percentage increase to recovery granted by this Item Set will now modify all flat increases to recovery, such as drinks.
    Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on July 31, 2017 3:27PM
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    0478ineu9k7i.jpg

ry1vcz2ucymy.png
    General
    • Fixed various texture issues on a variety of assets.
    • Indoril wall hangings are back and with more appropriate art. Please review the Tribunal's own Accolade Furnisher and the Housing Editor for more details.

Animation
    • Fixed an issue so Bosmer now use the correct running and sprinting animations.

lj7exxbii31x.png
    General
    • Fixed an issue where Gradual Health Drain Poisons would report an unusual duration difference between the two-reagent version and the three-reagent version.
      • The two-reagent version incorrectly indicated a slightly longer duration than was accurate.
    • Fixed an issue permitting some resource-restoring poison effects to tick more often than intended.

Crafting
    • Fixed an issue where Pliant Ferrofungus, the Telvanni raw style item, incorrectly named the refined style item it refines into. Pliant Ferrofungus refines into Wrought Ferrofungus.
    • Fixed a rare issue which could cause you to receive the exact same Writ quest multiple times in a row.

3atc8m1gzs0f.png
    Dungeons
    • Banished Cells I and II
      • High Kinlord Rilis will once again leave his platform to engage player characters.
    • City of Ash II
      • Fixed an issue which would cause some quest pips to not display properly while in this dungeon.

htvelsv5qyu4.png
    General
    • Removed the Clockwork Style reference from the Lore Library as it’s not a valid style.

Eidetic Memory
    • The following items can now be read outside of its quest:
      • Letter to Eraven
      • Seythen’s Journal
    • Removed Zaintiraris’ Note from Eidetic Memory.

f3p8yw7we995.png
    General
    • Fixed an issue that prevented you from previewing, and ultimately purchasing a home.
    • The Prophet will no longer drop by certain homes without an invitation. His urgent message can wait until you leave the privacy of your home.

Furnishings
    • Updated a number of furnishing and associated recipe items to have more consistent naming and qualities.
    • Fixed an issue preventing some Ayleid furnishing plans from being created.
    • Fixed an issue where a small number of new furnishings shared their appearance with other furnishings.
    • The “Telvanni Candelabra, Masterwork” furnishing now has its more arcane and final appearance.
    • The furnishing item “Mammoth Cheese, Mastercrafted” no longer emits steam from strange places. Or any place.
    • Updated the name of the “Witches Totem, Gnarled Vines and Skull” furnishing to indicate its witchyness.
    • Added cooldowns to trigger the “Decoy Elder Scroll” (5 seconds) and the “Telvanni Rotating Device” (2 seconds) to prevent stuttering or odd behavior when triggering them repeatedly in a short amount of time.
    • Adjusted a number of furnishing item tooltips to more accurately reflect their size and behavior.
    • Updated a number of furnishings to have more consistent categorization in the housing editor and purchase tabs.
    • Improved the lighting for the furnishing “Soul Gem, Great” to be more clearly associated with the item.
    • Updated the tooltips for the Lover and Lady Mundus Stone furnishing to reflect the updated Mundus boons.
    • Adjusted the lighting effects on a number of furnishings to illuminate more consistently with the day/night cycle.
    • Updated error messaging to more clearly state which furnishing cap was preventing further placement.
    • Furnishing limitation types are now more descriptive of their functions. This now consists of:
      • Traditional Furnishings (Most furnishing items)
      • Special Furnishings (VFX furnishings)
      • Collectible Furnishings (Trophies and Busts)
      • Special Collectibles (Pets, Mounts, Assistants)

36nww2hmquxy.png
    Stonefalls
    • Fixed an issue that prevented some quest bosses in this area from spawning properly.

02msqaw55tfw.png
    General
    • Added and updated icons on a number of new furnishings and crafting materials.

Gameplay
    • Fixed an issue that caused some combat cue effects to still display even if they were disabled in the options.

Help & Tutorials
    • Added a Help screen for the new Chaosball battleground game mode, found under the Battlegrounds heading.
    • Updated the loading screen tip that describes DLC to include Chapters.
    Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on July 31, 2017 3:32PM
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Franieck
    Franieck
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does that still mean no motifs on templates? @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm so mother sorrow/leviathan will now give 21% crit overall...
    Edited by Juhasow on July 31, 2017 3:41PM
  • jrgray93
    jrgray93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I thought we were promised balance changes. Is this a joke?

You'd think after years of ignoring player feedback and making idiotic decisions, I'd be used to this.
    Edited by jrgray93 on July 31, 2017 3:46PM
    EP: Slania Isara : Harambe Was an Inside Job
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice changes indeed, 40 stam points to hulk ? xd
    Necro remain buffed :/
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do we know when Update 15 is going live, yet?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DFbmSR3W0AATMDF.jpg
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • JustSnilloc
    JustSnilloc
    ✭✭✭
    That's a big hit to Green Pact and Plague Doctor. They are certainly still viable, but I'm curious where the nerf is coming from for those.
    [J.S.] The Lost King --->
    http://justsnilloc.proboards.com/
    http://justsnilloc.deviantart.com/
    ~ 0==={{:::::::::::::::x:::::::::::::::}}===0 ~
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    [*]Linchal Grand Manor: This imposing estate in the Nibenese style was originally built as the summer manor of an Imperial City nobleman, now sadly deceased. Gardens with statues and a reflecting pool surround the stately walled mansion. Sumptuous!
    • This home will only be available for purchase with crowns once it goes live.
    [/list]

I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if million of my gold was suddenly saved from the terror of spending it

Edited by SodanTok on July 31, 2017 3:47PM
  • Jeezye
    Jeezye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hmmm well this is all good and stuff, but where are the class balance changes? I was expecting at least some tweaking :/
    btw BIG LOVE on the willows changes, finally <3!
    Edited by Jeezye on July 31, 2017 3:50PM
  • overclocker303b14_ESO
    Thank you for NOT nerfing Twin Fanged Snake. I literally just got it last week and thought for sure it would be on the chopping block. And before people complain about it being left out please keep in mind...it's trial gear...it is supposed to be better than something I can just go buy in a guild store.

I pretty much agree with these changes...really looking forward to this patch at this point.
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Draugr Hulk: Increased the Max Stamina granted by this Item Set to 2540 from 2500.
    Really

@ZOS_GinaBruno - Just to make sure it's not one of those TYPOS. Maybe it was 4000?

Spriggan’s Thorns: Decreased the Physical Penetration granted by this Item Set to 3450 from 4000.
    This was poor man's TFS. Really not called for.

Ironblood: Decreased the snare applied by this Item Set to a 50% Movement Speed reduction, down from 75%.
    Thanks for listening.
    Edited by UrbanMonk on July 31, 2017 4:00PM
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ToxicPAWS wrote: »
    Draugr Hulk: Increased the Max Stamina granted by this Item Set to 2540 from 2500.
    Really

OP, time to reroll to stam!
  • dimensional
    dimensional
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jrgray93 wrote: »
    I thought we were promised balance changes. Is this a joke?

You'd think after years of ignoring player feedback and making idiotic decisions, I'd be used to this.

Balance changes are in there. Are you a joke?
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you for NOT nerfing Twin Fanged Snake. I literally just got it last week and thought for sure it would be on the chopping block. And before people complain about it being left out please keep in mind...it's trial gear...it is supposed to be better than something I can just go buy in a guild store.

I pretty much agree with these changes...really looking forward to this patch at this point.

I call weak defense, it was better and would be better even if nerfed. It actually got better without being buffed simply by nerfing everything else... and it was already best
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really

OMG a 40 stamina increase? What a huge buff!
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭

same here!

even sprigg/spinner nervs are ok for me (also they hurt 2 chars of mine)
    Dolche des Königs (DDK); EuPC, DC, Sotha Sil,
  • Qwazzy
    Qwazzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Amberplasm change keeps it in a good place. 258 (2 recovery buffs worth) would be ideal.
    Smallscale/Solo player on multiple servers

PC North America - Characters
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 16
    AD Templar - PvP 33
    AD Nightblade - PvP 17
    AD Dragonknight - PvP 19
    AD Necromancer - PvP 22
    EP Sorcerer - PvP 20
    EP Templar - PvP 21
    EP Nightblade - PvP 20
    DC Sorcerer - PvP 16
    DC Templar - PvP 24
    DC Nightblade - PvP 18
    Xbox North America - Characters
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 32
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 20
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 14
    AD Templar - PvP 41
    AD Templar - PvP 16
    AD Templar - PvP 14
    AD Warden - PvP 29
    AD Nightblade - PvP 27
    AD Dragonknight - PvP 18
    AD Necromancer - PvP 14
    Xbox Europe - Characters
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 42
    AD Templar - PvP 36
    EP Sorcerer - PvP 16
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly, almost no broken mechanics got fixed in any way:
    1. Bleeds still too strong
    2. Infused oblivion enchants still too strong
    3. Medium armor still too weak
    4. Bow still too weak
    5. Sorc still too strong (shieldstacking, magicka stacking, curse, ...)
    6. Necropotence not touched at all
    7. Shadowrend is broken, has almost perma uptime and bugs me out of cloak

Game design changes like weapontraits are good but balance wise this is a huge disappointment (like most of the time to be honest).
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ManDraKE wrote: »
    Really

OP, time to reroll to stam!

Way ahead of you
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a big hit to Green Pact and Plague Doctor. They are certainly still viable, but I'm curious where the nerf is coming from for those.

Sold my last Def- Plague sword for 200k today
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

• Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What about adjustements of some skill to reduce server load?
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, almost no broken mechanics got fixed in any way:
    1. Bleeds still too strong
    2. Infused oblivion enchants still too strong
    3. Medium armor still too weak
    4. Bow still too weak
    5. Sorc still too strong (shieldstacking, magicka stacking, curse, ...)
    6. Necropotence not touched at all
    7. Shadowrend is broken, has almost perma uptime and bugs me out of cloak

Game design changes like weapontraits are good but balance wise this is a huge disappointment (like most of the time to be honest).

There is still 3.1.4 coming in the beginning of August, Gina said as much. Still you're right, my hopes aren't high. I disagree on the Sorc and Necro stuff, but infused and oblivion damage as well as bleeding needs to be looked at.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Raghul
    Raghul
    ✭✭✭
    i don't get the nerf to spriggan and spinners, those sets weren't even overperforming
    Aeg4n

The Flawless Conqueror
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
  • BraidasNM
    BraidasNM
    ✭✭✭✭
    im just curious why valkyn is still an instant, unavoidable proc when all the others have been nerfed
    Youtube

"I like to think of myself as the good cop and braidas as the bad cop. Hes the little devil on DC's shoulder, im the angel" -Subtomik