The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Patch Notes v3.1.3

• ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WardogAce wrote: »
    WardogAce wrote: »
    Can someone explain to me what a VFX Furnishing is? I can only think "Visual Effects" but what does this include?

but I assume stuff like the collectible skyshard would be in this category.

Unfortunately the PTS set toon can't buy the skyshard so I can't test it :(

I tried the skyshard, it was just a regular furnishing
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tyrobag wrote: »
    [*]Linchal Grand Manor: This imposing estate in the Nibenese style was originally built as the summer manor of an Imperial City nobleman, now sadly deceased. Gardens with statues and a reflecting pool surround the stately walled mansion. Sumptuous!
    • This home will only be available for purchase with crowns once it goes live.
    [/list]

Are you ******* kidding me? This is bull ****. Will you just make ONE nice house that isn't a **** crown exclusive?!?

This one doesn't make sense since it's not even an original asset. It just re-uses a housing asset that's been in the game since launch. All crown store houses up until now have been original assets. You were presumably paying for the time it took developers to model the new house. Now we're paying for the time it took developers to copy and paste an existing house into a housing instance. How many minutes did that take?

It should be available to people who bought the Imperial Edition. Just another spit into everyones face, im speechless.

This sets a bad trend for housing in DLC areas. I'm hopeful that this is the ONLY DLC house that is strictly available for Crowns - or that there will also be houses in the same DLC areas that are available for gold.
  • BrightOblivion
    BrightOblivion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno , there are still some bugs that need fixing, unless the fixes have slipped into the PTS without mention.

1) The Journal Page from Severus Tappo's corpse is still uninteractable, meaning that you can't start "The List" quest in Cyrodiil and you can't obtain the Criminal Correspondance "It's the Hunt that Counts," which is only available after doing the quest (Tappo's on the north shore of the lake south of King's Crest Cavern and north of Farragut Keep if you can't find him, and the Journal Page's ItemID is 43518, I think).

2) Valyia's Cargo Manifest (bookID 1596, I think) is still invisible/unobtainable after finishing the questline for the Obsidian Gorge.

3) Something's screwy with the map while in the caves of the Tempest Island dungeon. At first, I thought maybe it was a problem with my minimap but, when I opened the regular map with "M," my "You are here" and "Group members are here" arrows were nowhere to be found. As a result, there's not really any way to track group progress through the caves if someone gets turned around. After a couple runs, you know where you're going, but it's still a little frustrating. I'm unsure if this one is intentional (some sort of "Off the edge of the map" thing), but you fixed a different map problem a couple PTS patches back, so I figured I should probably check.

I know y'all are currently working diligently on all this stuff, and you've fixed quite a few bugs already. I just don't want these bugs, some of which have been there for a couple months at least, to slip through the cracks.
    Edited by BrightOblivion on July 31, 2017 5:21PM
  • YoshinJaa
    YoshinJaa
    ✭✭✭
    That's a big hit to Green Pact and Plague Doctor. They are certainly still viable, but I'm curious where the nerf is coming from for those.

Exactly. Wtf was the problem again, now with maxHP tank builds? And yes, that 2.3k maxHP could count.

Meanwhile crit sets were buffed, just to nerf them in the next patch?!

they are buffing the 2-4pc health bonuses so its not really a loss I don't think
  • BraidasNM
    BraidasNM
    ✭✭✭✭
    BraidasNM wrote: »
    im just curious why valkyn is still an instant, unavoidable proc when all the others have been nerfed

Valkyn Skoria is not instant - it's delayed with a telegraphed rumble/noise as it gets ready to impact. One can easily ward up in response to the proc. If YOU have problems with Skoria, then that's YOUR problem. L2P and stop crying.
    Nerfing something doesn't improve your gameplay - it just means you'll lose to something else.

i was gonna elaborate but your post is too far gone, i assume any decent player knows how it works anyway
    Edited by BraidasNM on July 31, 2017 5:21PM
    Youtube

"I like to think of myself as the good cop and braidas as the bad cop. Hes the little devil on DC's shoulder, im the angel" -Subtomik
  • Anne_Firehawk
    Anne_Firehawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    Tyrobag wrote: »
    [*]Linchal Grand Manor: This imposing estate in the Nibenese style was originally built as the summer manor of an Imperial City nobleman, now sadly deceased. Gardens with statues and a reflecting pool surround the stately walled mansion. Sumptuous!
    [/list]

Are you ******* kidding me? This is bull ****. Will you just make ONE nice house that isn't a **** crown exclusive?!?

This one doesn't make sense since it's not even an original asset. It just re-uses a housing asset that's been in the game since launch. All crown store houses up until now have been original assets. You were presumably paying for the time it took developers to model the new house. Now we're paying for the time it took developers to copy and paste an existing house into a housing instance. How many minutes did that take?

It should be available to people who bought the Imperial Edition. Just another spit into everyones face, im speechless.

This sets a bad trend for housing in DLC areas. I'm hopeful that this is the ONLY DLC house that is strictly available for Crowns - or that there will also be houses in the same DLC areas that are available for gold.

It's just so sad, everyone was hyped so much for this house, including myself. I really love housing, it's a nice addition to all the vHoF and PVP but the way this is going just giving me such a gutsinking feeling, specially when they did so *** much right this patch that I really had my hopes high.
    Edited by Anne_Firehawk on July 31, 2017 5:28PM
    Anne Firehawk | Legate | Bringer of Light | Voice of Reason | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Magicka DK forever
    GUAR SQUAD OP
    All Hardmodes done, WTB content.
    Cancercrates are ruining the game

DD | Phoenix Reborn
    GM | Tamriels Emporium

#permabanAPFlippers
  • silveraldi
    silveraldi
    Soul Shriven
    omfg
    Edited by silveraldi on July 31, 2017 5:32PM
  • Saint_Bud
    Saint_Bud
    ✭✭✭✭
    LiquidPony wrote: »
    Masel92 wrote: »
    Nerfing Spinner+Spriggan but not Twice Fanged Snake is useless... PvE wise that only kills stam diversity

I suspect TFS will go bye-bye as groups start running multiple stam toons anyway.

Given Alkosh + Sunderflame/NMG in the group, you'll get much higher DPS swapping out TFS for another set (e.g., War Machine + Hunding's or Hunding's + VO).

Just no. It can be an option for a good dps video on a boss like valariel, but not on fights were the group are splitet like 2nd vmol boss or nearly all vhof bosses. Also it will be nearly impossible to run with more than 4 stamtoons.
    PVP Saint-Bud magicka Templar: AR 49
    PVE Lord Victarion mDK : dro'm-Athra-Destroyer pre Morrowind retired for crafting
    PVE Ramsay-Bolton magicka NB: Voice of Reason Clockwork City Patch retired
    VAA hm/ VHRC hm/ VSO hm/ VMOL hm/ VHOF hm/ VAS hm clear

Stop playing PVE because its boring, content not disigned for melee players and class balance and sustain is ***
  • silveraldi
    silveraldi
    Soul Shriven
    i just cant understand why ZOS hate my magblade so much , first my PvE build and now my Ganking Build , ffs
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Edit: nvm - disregard
    Edited by DDuke on July 31, 2017 5:41PM
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why can't we preview the Coldharbour Surreal Estate?
  • Kronuxx
    Kronuxx
    ✭✭✭✭
    im just curious why valkyn is still an instant, unavoidable proc when all the others have been nerfed

Exactly, Valkyn Skoria should be included in that it should definitely have a delay to activation when procced at the very least.
  • Anne_Firehawk
    Anne_Firehawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kronuxx wrote: »

Exactly, Valkyn Skoria should be included in that it should definitely have a delay to activation when procced at the very least.

It does have a roughly 2 second delay with a sound indicator. You can block it, you can cloak it, it's bound to DoTs and not ANY damage. It's fine.
    Anne Firehawk | Legate | Bringer of Light | Voice of Reason | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Magicka DK forever
    GUAR SQUAD OP
    All Hardmodes done, WTB content.
    Cancercrates are ruining the game

DD | Phoenix Reborn
    GM | Tamriels Emporium

#permabanAPFlippers
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dang it now I need somebody to tell me if War Maiden is better than Spinners. I need a PvP dedicated @Asayre
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, this is still a big ? for me too.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Docmandu wrote: »
    The shield expert change makes sense... only thing I still wonder about is why the frost staff only gives 30% block cost reduction, while 1h/s gives 36%...
    'Cause one's a stick and the other involves an actual shield?

(This coming from one who runs staves on about half my alts...) They shouldn't be equivalent.

Edited by Merlin13KAGL on July 31, 2017 5:52PM
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    Would have liked to see skill balance changes as well.

There are skills that are significantly over-performing, and many that are under-performing to the point of never being used in any competitive environment. Not going to list (as it is often opinionated), but I am sure many would like to see the devs look into these!
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
  • JDC1985
    JDC1985
    ✭✭✭

Valkyn Skoria is not instant - it's delayed with a telegraphed rumble/noise as it gets ready to impact. One can easily ward up in response to the proc. If YOU have problems with Skoria, then that's YOUR problem. L2P and stop crying.
    Nerfing something doesn't improve your gameplay - it just means you'll lose to something else.

Dude these people need told the truth just like you laid it down all this crying about this or that. Also how is someone dying to skoria I mean good god that set isnt even that good its very much a l2p issue.
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dungeon monsters and bosses were complaining that tanks had too much health. So the nerfs to plague doctor and green pact were needed to keep balance... makes total sense. As for the nerfs well I have come to expect if someone likes any gear.... it will get nerfed.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Neoauspex wrote: »
    Dang it now I need somebody to tell me if War Maiden is better than Spinners. I need a PvP dedicated @Asayre

It highly depends on which class and build you're using and who you're fighting.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    7b737a129c21011a993db1c6fa19c2cb--let-down-tv-movie.jpg
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Glory wrote: »
    Would have liked to see skill balance changes as well.

There are skills that are significantly over-performing, and many that are under-performing to the point of never being used in any competitive environment. Not going to list (as it is often opinionated), but I am sure many would like to see the devs look into these!

I can list a couple obvious ones that most can (I think) agree on:
    • Igneous Weapons
    • Agony & morphs
    • Power Extraction
    • Consuming Darkness & morphs
    • Dark Shades
    • Blur & morphs
    • Bound Aegis
    • Healing Ritual & morphs
    • Nature's Grasp & morphs
    • Arctic Wind & morphs
    • Frozen Gate & morphs
    • Force Siphon & morphs
    • Immovable & morphs
    • Soul Trap & morphs
    • Circle of Protection & morphs
    • Expert Hunter & morphs
    • Blood Altar & morphs
    • Revealing Flare & morphs

...sorry, got a bit carried away.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1e5k1jtpejw3.jpg

7pq95x6nm3bg.png

zvhwsajfc09j.png
    Item Sets
    • Plague Doctor: Decreased the Max Health granted by this Item Set to 4000 from 6000.

Why was this set even touched? Seriously zos you baffle me. For once i make a unique build utilising this set as a dps/bruiser type build in pvp and it gets nerfed.... go figure.

How can raw max health stat's even compare to anything else? This set isn't even used by tanks anymore for pve. It was only a health boon for niche health builds in pvp or to add an insurance policy from burst on a squishy build. You gain next to nothing... just more health.

2k health is a lot of health gone. Consider that im an Imperial with 3 shadow abilities slotted as a nightblade. That's 2420 total health im loosing now for no reason.

On-top of all this Necropotence still has 4000 max magicka. HOW CAN 4K HEALTH EVEN COMPARE TO 4K MAGICKA.

REVERT THIS.

Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on July 31, 2017 6:20PM
    PS4 NA DC
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neoauspex wrote: »

It highly depends on which class and build you're using and who you're fighting.

A. Magplar.
    B. Zergs.
  • Vercingetorix
    Vercingetorix
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You mean learn to play magicka since this proc removes counterplay from medium armor builds like so many other things in this game.

If you are using medium armor, then you shouldn't even be getting attacked by Skoria in the first place. Medium means you are ambushing your opponent form stealth - that is, your opponent isn't going to be fighting for very long if at all. Nerfing an armor set because you foolishly engage an enemy out in the open without cover or a group to support you is ridiculous.

The counterplay to ANYTHING while wearing medium armor is to simply not get hit: Dodge, Gank, or Die - make your choice.
    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New homes:
    • Linchal Grand Manor: This imposing estate in the Nibenese style was originally built as the summer manor of an Imperial City nobleman, now sadly deceased. Gardens with statues and a reflecting pool surround the stately walled mansion. Sumptuous!

I'm really not a fan of houses not being purchaseable with gold. I think that the people who will spend crowns on them would still proceed to do so regardless, but having houses be available with gold, especially the really expensive ones, gives players something to work towards and also seems less exploitive of the playerbase. I don't like how much focus there always is on the crown store, since it definitely takes away from the game itself, when so many things that could have been rewards become instantly obtainable with real money.
    This concern also extends towards the Bloodroot Forge skin, which I'm guessing would have been a reward for the Bloodroot Forge Challenger achievement, but was instead put in the store. It also happens to be the better-looking of the two skins themed with the dungeons.
    Similarly the only mounts obtainable through playing the game normally are simply just the stable horses that have been there since launch in 2014.
    Obviously Zenimax will continue business as usual, but it has become a very tiring reality for sure and you would hope creators have some pride in their work, or at least enough to put quality before money.
    [/rant]
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless."

Fire and Ice
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    Raghul wrote: »
    i don't get the nerf to spriggan and spinners, those sets weren't even overperforming

They were arguably the highest dmg sets you could equip. Most likely they still are.

Wait, which patch do you play? They're not even close to being meta.

Just because people make dumb decisions based on their gutfeeling does not change that spinner provides more dmg than necro/warmaiden/bsw (the only requirement being enough basedmg) or other dmg sets when hitting targets with more resistances than you´re piercing.
    Edited by Derra on July 31, 2017 6:19PM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

You mean learn to play magicka since this proc removes counterplay from medium armor builds like so many other things in this game.

If you are using medium armor, then you shouldn't even be getting attacked by Skoria in the first place. Medium means you are ambushing your opponent form stealth - that is, your opponent isn't going to be fighting for very long if at all. Nerfing an armor set because you foolishly engage an enemy out in the open without cover or a group to support you is ridiculous.

The counterplay to ANYTHING while wearing medium armor is to simply not get hit: Dodge, Gank, or Die - make your choice.

I don't personally think Skoria is bad enough to warrant any changes (there is a warning cue to it - you block for 0,5s & carry on), but why do you think medium users shouldn't be engaging enemies out in the open, while anyone else can? Why should I require "cover" or group support (neither of which are available in a duel scenario for instance) to compete with other builds?

There's the problem with medium armor - you can't avoid getting hit by the hard hitting stuff anymore.

People used to complain even when it was mainly just jesus beam & DoTs going through dodge roll, these days it's over half the skills out there.
    Edited by DDuke on July 31, 2017 6:21PM
  • Grumble_and_Grunt
    Grumble_and_Grunt
    ✭✭✭✭
    1e5k1jtpejw3.jpg

7pq95x6nm3bg.png

zvhwsajfc09j.png
    Item Sets
    • Plague Doctor: Decreased the Max Health granted by this Item Set to 4000 from 6000.

Why was this set even touched? Seriously zos you baffle me. For once i make a unique build utilising this set as a dps/bruiser type build in pvp and it gets nerfed.... go figure.

How can raw max health stat's even compare to anything else? This set isn't even used by tanks anymore for pve. It was only a health boon for niche health builds in pvp or to add an insurance policy from burst on a squishy build. You gain no damage, healing or anything... just more health.

2k health is a lot of health gone. Consider that im an Imperial with 3 shadow abilities slotted as a nightblade. That's 2420 total health im loosing now for no reason.

On-top of all this Necropotence still has 4000 max magicka. HOW CAN 4K HEALTH EVEN COMPARE TO 4K MAGICKA.

REVERT THIS.

It's not niche at all when all aoe destro ball groups realised you can just stack health bonuses and layer up storms to compensate and run around as 30k health VD bombers to plague cyrodiil
    PC EU
    Fix Powerful Assault
    #3Qbiken
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nerfed spinners/spriggans because they were easier to obtain,go run them trials for TFS lol.
    Edited by Mojmir on July 31, 2017 6:22PM