Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Patch Notes v3.1.1

• LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Lord_Dexter im a magplayer, but i think there is the same problem with stam skills
    Edited by LordSlif on July 17, 2017 7:22PM
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LordSlif wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno nothing about ice staff and thaumaturge cp?

whats wrong with thautermage??

@Lord_Dexter
    There is a problem with some skills and CP:

Some skills as Curse, proximity detonation, unstable core are DOT in the game (it procs valkyn skoria, empower dnt work too).

Thaumaturge (CP): increase DOT damage
    Master-at-Arms (CP): increase direct damage attacks

Skills that deal damage after a few seconds as Curse, proximity detonation, unstable core... are increasing their damage with Master-at-Arms instead thaumatuge.

Its more than that, any "DoT" that does not tick every second is counted as a Direct Damage ability.
  • SshadowSscale
    SshadowSscale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another dodge roll nerf why am I even surprised......why don't you just take dodge rolling out of the game already its almost useless already
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SanTii.92 wrote: »
    Vaoh wrote: »
    Are Wardens going to have any bug fixes for Winter's Revenge having a lower than intended critical chance or Swarm counting as a Direct Damage skill instead of a DoT (same bug as with Twisting Path)? I've been playing *a lot* of Magicka Warden and these two bugs alone hurt their already low DPS.
    Swarm counting as direct dmge is probably a dps gain with the buffs to crit chance, since it procs Scathing and Neri. I'd rather see them not changing it.

@SanTii.92 Nope. It's not a DPS increase unfortunately.

The Exploiter passive requires 75 CP into Thaumaturge to gain on a Magicka build, meaning you are losing a lot of damage on Swarm for it to be Direct Damage. Twisting Path was an AoE DOT that ticked every second, whereas Swarm is a single target DoT that ticks every 2 seconds

The difference between a Warden and a Nightblade is that Scathing Mage is great on a Nightblade, but weak on a Warden. Wardens make use of either a Julianos 5-piece and/or Moondancer 5-piece. Nothing else really competes (not even Necropotence, since it doesn't increase light/heavy attack damage).

A Warden doesn't use Nerien'eth or Scathing Mage for higher DPS atm.
    Edited by Vaoh on July 17, 2017 7:28PM
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of these were actually fixed in the last build..
    e6ux4t1hfn0u.jpg

Homes
    • Returned several missing objects to Stay-Moist Mansion.

General
    • Stolen furnishings that could not previously be laundered (such as Velothi tapestries) can now be properly laundered at a fence.
    [/list]

These I checked personally in 3.1.0 because I own Stay-Moist and had a stolen painting on me...

• LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭

@Lord_Dexter

Some skills as Curse, proximity detonation, unstable core are DOT in the game (it procs valkyn skoria, empower dnt work too).

Skills that deal damage after a few seconds as Curse, proximity detonation, unstable core... are increasing their damage with Master-at-Arms instead thaumatuge.

Its more than that, any "DoT" that does not tick every second is counted as a Direct Damage ability.

So why empower dnt work? And valkyn works lol
    Edited by LordSlif on July 17, 2017 7:30PM
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AJTC5000 wrote: »
    cvavq6zykqpy.jpg

ykwn3r1ep3ym.png
    General
    • You will now be able to find the Devotee Journal outside its specific quest.

@ZOS_GinaBruno If you're fixing books, can you fix Valyia's Cargo Manifest in Obsidian Gorge, Deshaan? It's not present once the related quest in the area has been completed.

@ZOS_GinaBruno And "A Plea for Help" in Orsinium.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@Lord_Dexter

Curse, Detonation, Unstable core are direct damage abilities. They simply have delayed effect. Otherwise Scorch, Cliffracer and other stuff would be a dot too lol
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭

@Lord_Dexter

i agree with your logic, but if all these skills deal direct damage why they proc valkyn? and why empower dnt work? there is a bug here, dnt matter if they are DD or DOT we have a bug.

Maybe beacuse of the delay that they have, it makes their damage be "fractionated over time" for the game processing, because they arent "full instant damage after hit"

But if they are DD, zos must fix valkyn and empower
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    glavius wrote: »
    Infused+oblivion+torugs was actually nerfed quite abit with this, since most weaves are 1-1,2 seconds. Meaning it will proc half as much.
    This is accurate
    Time to salvage all my gold Torug's pact gear since I'll get the same effective cooldown with just infused.
    Oh well. I'm not mad. I had a good run.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Another dodge roll nerf why am I even surprised......why don't you just take dodge rolling out of the game already its almost useless already

What nerf. You mean Dawnbreaker that's been broken since morrowind? It wasn't supposed to be dodgeable and hasn't been for as long as I can remember.
  • eirinnpryderi
    eirinnpryderi
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno So the new houses wont be added to PTS this week either?
    Edited by eirinnpryderi on July 17, 2017 7:34PM
  • Erraln
    Erraln
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mix wrote: »
    Some of these were actually fixed in the last build..
    e6ux4t1hfn0u.jpg

Homes
    • Returned several missing objects to Stay-Moist Mansion.

General
    • Stolen furnishings that could not previously be laundered (such as Velothi tapestries) can now be properly laundered at a fence.
    [/list]

These I checked personally in 3.1.0 because I own Stay-Moist and had a stolen painting on me...

x.x.1 usually does note some things included in x.x.0, this is par for the course.
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anhedonie wrote: »

@Lord_Dexter

Curse, Detonation, Unstable core are direct damage abilities. They simply have delayed effect. Otherwise Scorch, Cliffracer and other stuff would be a dot too lol

For me they are direct too, but they must to fix valkyn and empower
  • TheMrAfrica
    TheMrAfrica
    ✭✭
    LZH wrote: »
    Why was Torug's pact nerfed and the oblivion damage enchant left alone? The issue wasn't the ability to weave in the enchant damage between abilities, it was that doing so with oblivion damage was too strong.

This is actually a buff for Torug's Pact.

30% means that 10 second enchants are now 7 second cooldown instead of 9.

With Infused and Torug's, 10 second enchants are now 3.5 seconds instead of 4.

4 second enchants are now 2.8 instead of 3.

With infused/Torug's 4 second enchants are now 1.4 (assuming they were 1 before? not sure if torug's or infused applied first)

Before this change the cooldown for a 4 second enchant was 1 second when you combined infused and Torug's, allowing the weaving of an enchant with every light attack in between abilities. At a 1.4 second cooldown, now only every other weaved light attack will proc the enchant, effectively cutting the damage Torug's provides in half. I posted a discussion thread about 20 minutes ago that goes more in depth about this change if you'd like more info.It contains the following:

In 3.1.1, Torug's Pact's 1 second cooldown reduction on enchants was changed to a 30% multiplicative reduction instead. This means that when combined with infused, in the 3.1.0 PTS the cooldown on damage enchants such as fire was 1 second, while in 3.1.1 it is 1.4 seconds.

1.4 seconds means you can only weave in the enchant on every other light attack, which is no different than just using infused without Torug's Pact. This renders Torug's Pact's cooldown reduction useless for damage enchants, which outside of Oblivion damage, were not over-performing.

So here is my proposal: Change the 30% multiplicative bonus to 40% so that when Torug's is combined with infused, a damage enchant has a cooldown of 1.2 seconds, allowing weaving while still being long enough to prevent continous light attack spam proccing the enchant. In addition, either :

1. Have the Oblivion damage enchant's cooldown be changed changed from 4 seconds to 6ish so the cooldown is nerfed from 1.4 to 1.8 when combined with infused, or
    2. Have its damage nerfed by closer to 20-30% instead of 6%, which is the current nerf on the PTS.

Throughout the PTS forums there is an almost unanimous agreement that it was the Oblivion enchant, not Torug's Pact, that was the problem. Hopefully a solution is found that doesn't involve nerfing an already niche and arguably under-performing set.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    @ZOS_GinaBruno So the new houses wont be added to PTS this week either?

Not in this patch, sorry! We're targeting the next PTS patch (3.1.2).
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anhedonie wrote: »

@Lord_Dexter

For me they are direct too, but they must to fix valkyn and empower

Yes, they do have to fix it.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nothing about ice staff
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are Wardens going to have any bug fixes for Winter's Revenge having a lower than intended critical chance or Swarm counting as a Direct Damage skill instead of a DoT (same bug as with Twisting Path)? I've been playing *a lot* of Magicka Warden and these two bugs alone hurt their already low DPS.
    Swarm counting as direct dmge is probably a dps gain with the buffs to crit chance, since it procs Scathing and Neri. I'd rather see them not changing it.

The Exploiter passive requires 75 CP into Thaumaturge to gain on a Magicka build, meaning you are losing a lot of damage on Swarm for it to be Direct Damage. Twisting Path was an AoE DOT that ticked every second, whereas Swarm is a single target DoT that ticks every 2 seconds

The difference between a Warden and a Nightblade is that Scathing Mage is great on a Nightblade, but weak on a Warden. Wardens make use of either a Julianos 5-piece and/or Moondancer 5-piece. Nothing else really competes (not even Necropotence, since it doesn't increase light/heavy attack damage).

Well, but i'm not so sure you'll want those 75 points on thaum. But I definetly could be wrong, would like to see some tests that shows exploiter is worth the over-investment on thaum. Regarding scathing v juli, you only need 58% to offeset it and with Growing Swarm it doesn't seem all that unreasonable to assume it's achievable.

(Also PVP, I'd much rather see swarm being buffed by maa than thaum).
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does temlates will be upgraded with new sets?
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If your talking about dawnbreaker being undodgeable thats the way dawnbreaker always was. It broke and became dodgeable for some reason.
    PS4 NA DC
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

@Lord_Dexter

i agree with your logic, but if all these skills deal direct damage why they proc valkyn? and why empower dnt work? there is a bug here, dnt matter if they are DD or DOT we have a bug.

Maybe beacuse of the delay that they have, it makes their damage be "fractionated over time" for the game processing, because they arent "full instant damage after hit"

I noticed this when Blade Cloak proced Selene, which is only on Direct Damage. And I also noticed that the Scamp was one of extremely few "DoT" Aoe abilities I could block.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    @ZOS_GinaBruno , are new sets added to template characters?

Yes, the new item sets have been added to the templates.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno , are new sets added to template characters?

Yes, the new item sets have been added to the templates.

Awesome! feeling happy over it :-)
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, glad that they fixed an inconsistency issue with Torug's pact :) (and it's a buff to longer CD glyphs, a 0.5 second reduction). Kinda sad that that + Infused will no longer allow the player to create new rotations using Twin Slashes and light attacks and stay somewhat competitive (nerfed the ICD of 4s glyphs by 0.4 seconds), but oh well. simplicity for the win... :neutral:
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭

@Lord_Dexter

I noticed this when Blade Cloak proced Selene, which is only on Direct Damage. And I also noticed that the Scamp was one of extremely few "DoT" Aoe abilities I could block.

Yup, the first hit is DD
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, but i'm not so sure you'll want those 75 points on thaum. But I definetly could be wrong, would like to see some tests that shows exploiter is worth the over-investment on thaum. Regarding scathing v juli, you only need 58% to offeset it and with Growing Swarm it doesn't seem all that unreasonable to assume it's achievable.

(Also PVP, I'd much rather see swarm being buffed by maa than thaum).

Good point about PvP. Didn't even think of the nerf it would receive in that content if it was bug fixed. I've never seen Swarm as a good PvP skill anyway though.....

Regardless, investing 75CP has always proven to be a DPS gain for Magicka builds in PvE. People have tested it quite a lot already and the results are always the same for Magicka Warden - Julianos >> Scathing Mage.
    If you do make use of Scathing Mage, it'd require a higher than necessary investment into critical chance and Magicka Regen (to avoid heavy attacking so you can spam more Cliff Racers) but by then your attacks would be dealing too little damage to be worth it.

So then the situation is
    1. Bug fix them, buff the Mag Warden by a tiny bit in PvE.
    2. Leave Swarm bugged, keep it a tiny bit stronger in PvP.
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭

@Lord_Dexter

But there is a bug with some skills.
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative

This please. Swarm doesn't bother me so much but the critical chance is annoying.
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno will Templates and existing Lvl. 50 characters have 50/50 Racial Skill, or do we still have only 47/50 (with Skillpoint not refunded for last passive on existing toons)?
    PC-NA