The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Patch Notes v3.1.1

• Truthsnark
    Truthsnark
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please tell me the Bosmer female run animation is going to be fixed before this all goes live? And a fix for the Dunmer medium armor shoulders being way too big? I can't understand how these cosmetic issues get introduced in patches, I don't know enough about the process, but please fix them because it really impacts enjoyment of the game when all your characters have cosmetic glitches staring you in the face while you play. :(
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kalante wrote: »
    "The Kneel emote is no longer listed twice in the Ceremonial category from the Emote menu"

What a waste of resources. Nice to see yall are hard at working focusing on pointless trash.

What a waste of a comment. Nice to see you are hard at work focusing on pointless trash.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    dpencil1 wrote: »
    A bug is a bug. If it's a dot it should proc Skoria and scale with Thau. If it's not it shouldn't regardless of someone's personal preference. It's about continuity.

Yup a bug is a bug... and zos do nothing
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Templates have no flame blossom waist.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • KeiruNicrom
    KeiruNicrom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LZH wrote: »
    Why was Torug's pact nerfed and the oblivion damage enchant left alone? The issue wasn't the ability to weave in the enchant damage between abilities, it was that doing so with oblivion damage was too strong.

This is actually a buff for Torug's Pact.

30% means that 10 second enchants are now 7 second cooldown instead of 9.

With Infused and Torug's, 10 second enchants are now 3.5 seconds instead of 4.

4 second enchants are now 2.8 instead of 3.

With infused/Torug's 4 second enchants are now 1.4 (assuming they were 1 before? not sure if torug's or infused applied first)

Hold up. I feel ive missed something important for a looooooong time that you just brought to my attention. Enchants have different cooldowns? I thought they all had the same cooldown time. Is it effected by weapon type the enchantmwnt is on? I feel so uninformed
  • H3rBie
    H3rBie
    ✭✭✭
    So what will be BiS for mag nb now ? Tiwsting path is "fixed" and not DD anymore :/
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    H3rBie wrote: »
    So what will be BiS for mag nb now ? Tiwsting path is "fixed" and not DD anymore :/

This class had died long ago, RIP MageBlade,

Go create Stampler or Stam Sorc/Mag Sorc
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on July 18, 2017 6:41AM
  • Draqone
    Draqone
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hold up. I feel ive missed something important for a looooooong time that you just brought to my attention. Enchants have different cooldowns? I thought they all had the same cooldown time. Is it effected by weapon type the enchantmwnt is on? I feel so uninformed

@KeiruNicrom
    Enchants that deal damage have a 5 second cooldown. Enchants that apply a 5 second effect have a 10 second cooldown.
    ESO Balance:
    “All skills are equal, but some skills are more equal than others.”
  • H3rBie
    H3rBie
    ✭✭✭

hmmm, I just started with a MageBlade and I really like the playstile, sure when it comes to dps then my MagSorc is not to beat with it but hey, I'm close to 20k dps already and a few skills (also passives) are not at its max. and rota is far from beeing perfekt, so I assume that I'll finally end at around 25k+ dps and thats ok I think.. however I'm not playing scathing mage because I didn't farm it complete till now...
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Where is Wrobel and what have you done with him ? Those two patches are way too positive for Wrobel's style of "balancing".

Summer Holiday :)
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not even remotely close. Magnbs are doing greatly, and losing 50 spell dmge won't affect them whatsoever.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • joaaocaampos
    joaaocaampos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LordSlif wrote: »
    Skills that deal damage after a few seconds as Curse, proximity detonation, unstable core... are increasing their damage with Master-at-Arms instead thaumatuge.

@LordSlif I'm not aware of this problem, but let me clarify some things. Many skills are affected by both Master-at-Arms and Thaumaturge. Let me explain you. Okay? Lets go:

X = Master-at-Arms.
    Y = Thaumaturge.

Vampire's Bane (Sun Fire morph/Templar Ability)
    • Blast an enemy with a charge of radiant heat, dealing X Flame Damage, an additional Y Flame Damage over 11.7 seconds (...)

Blazing Spear (Spear Shards/Templar Ability)
    • Send your spear into the heavens to bring down a shower of divine wrath, dealing X Magic Damage to enemies in the area and an additional Y Magic Damage every 1 second for 8 seconds.
    See? Spear Shards deals direct damage (X) in AoE! The same happens with Pulsar (Impulse morph/Destruction Staff ability)

Venomous Claw (Searing Strike morph/Dragonknight Ability)
    • Rake an enemy with your claw, dealing X Poison Damage and an additional Y Poison Damage over 8.5 seconds.

Poison Injection (Poison Arrow morph/Bow Ability)
    • Shoot an arrow coated in Baandari poison at an enemy, dealing X Poison Damage and and additional Y over 10 seconds.

As far as I know, Daedric Curse and Magicka Detonation are not considered DOT. "...after ? seconds" is not DOT, is Direct Damage.

Anyway. This is it. If you already know this, at least I leave the information to those who don't know.
    Edited by joaaocaampos on July 18, 2017 8:42AM
  • afonik
    afonik
    ✭✭✭
    Can you give/test/try applying the same behavior as Betty Betch and now Engine Guardian to SENTINEL OF RKUGAMZ so the dwemer spider can stick by your side instead of being static?
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's up with the motif drop rate nerfs? Someone at ZOS seems to think doing 12643788 iterations of the same to get one motif page equates to fun and replayability. It's not.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    * Scorch: Most of the visuals from this ability and its morphs are now hidden to your allies.

Hope that toggle for hiding friendly effects is still on the plate.
    Edited by Docmandu on July 18, 2017 10:32AM
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Docmandu wrote: »
    It's a strong attack.. people smart enough to watch out for the effect should be allowed to counter it... I mean.. what's next.. Haunting Curse not showing up on the target's screen?!

* Scorch: Most of the visuals from this ability and its morphs are now hidden to your > ALLIES <.

• Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RoyJade wrote: »
    Docmandu wrote: »
    It's a strong attack.. people smart enough to watch out for the effect should be allowed to counter it... I mean.. what's next.. Haunting Curse not showing up on the target's screen?!

* Scorch: Most of the visuals from this ability and its morphs are now hidden to your > ALLIES <.

Ack...missed that part.... but it's also an issue ... but Wrobel commented in another thread that the idea of a toggle in settings was a good idea... let's hope they come through with it
  • IwakuraLain42
    IwakuraLain42
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    What's up with the motif drop rate nerfs? Someone at ZOS seems to think doing 12643788 iterations of the same to get one motif page equates to fun and replayability. It's not.

This is tuned to keep us occupied for three months to finish collecting motifs (in average). This has always been so ... if you still keep following that particular hamster wheel (which I don't do anymore)
  • Darsaga
    Darsaga
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I know it has been mentioned many times and for good reason. Please reduce the damage on Selene and Valkyn Skoria. Also add a visual que to Valkyn Skoria because it is nearly impossible to hear it coming down on the receiving end.

Thank you for taking feedback seriously.
  • malchior
    malchior
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shall we call ZOS out on this one? They said next patch but nothing. And no explanation in the patch notes?
    @ZOS_GinaBruno So the new houses wont be added to PTS this week either?

Just saw this after posting. "Not in this patch, sorry! We're targeting the next PTS patch (3.1.2)." How disappointing.
    Edited by malchior on July 18, 2017 11:02AM
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skills that deal damage after a few seconds as Curse, proximity detonation, unstable core... are increasing their damage with Master-at-Arms instead thaumatuge.

@LordSlif I'm not aware of this problem, but let me clarify some things. Many skills are affected by both Master-at-Arms and Thaumaturge. Let me explain you. Okay? Lets go:

X = Master-at-Arms.
    Y = Thaumaturge.

• Blast an enemy with a charge of radiant heat, dealing X Flame Damage, an additional Y Flame Damage over 11.7 seconds (...)

• Send your spear into the heavens to bring down a shower of divine wrath, dealing X Magic Damage to enemies in the area and an additional Y Magic Damage every 1 second for 8 seconds.
    See? Spear Shards deals direct damage (X) in AoE! The same happens with Pulsar (Impulse morph/Destruction Staff ability)

• Rake an enemy with your claw, dealing X Poison Damage and an additional Y Poison Damage over 8.5 seconds.

• Shoot an arrow coated in Baandari poison at an enemy, dealing X Poison Damage and and additional Y over 10 seconds.

As far as I know, Daedric Curse and Magicka Detonation are not considered DOT. "...after ? seconds" is not DOT, is Direct Damage.

Anyway. This is it. If you already know this, at least I leave the information to those who don't know.

@joaaocaampos (*Se quiser te explico melhor*)

Yep i know that, but if a skill procs valkyn it is DoT and it is a fact. Im not saying they must be a DoT, im saying:

ZOS has 2 options: fix skills or fix CP

• LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ill repeat
    You will reduce the defending bonus to 2752, it is ok and it is nice, but you must remember that now the ice staff is equal to one handed and shield for magicka players.

So with shield expert and one handed defending: 3010+1376 = 4386 of resistance.

ice staff: 2752 of resistance (defending trait)

its a big diference for the same goal.
    I propose to change shield expert to defense expert and add:

While you have an ice staff equipped you gain 2115 of resistance ( the total is like an one handed and shield reinforced).
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭

X = Master-at-Arms.
    Y = Thaumaturge.

@joaaocaampos (*Se quiser te explico melhor*)

Yep i know that, but if a skill procs valkyn it is DoT and it is a fact. Im not saying they must be a DoT, im saying:

ZOS has 2 options: fix skills or fix CP

As @dpencil1 said: a bug is a bug
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »

This is tuned to keep us occupied for three months to finish collecting motifs (in average). This has always been so ... if you still keep following that particular hamster wheel (which I don't do anymore)

I stopped motif farming too long ago. It's simply not worth the time.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darsaga wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I know it has been mentioned many times and for good reason. Please reduce the damage on Selene and Valkyn Skoria. Also add a visual que to Valkyn Skoria because it is nearly impossible to hear it coming down on the receiving end.

Thank you for taking feedback seriously.

Can we stop with the ridicilous talk about nerfing skoria already? The set is probably the most well balanced proc-set/monster helmet in the game. Cry me a river pls....

A few patches ago people were overwhelmed with joy when ZOS finally buffed skoria. And now people want it nerfed because they can´t stand it in NO-CP CAMPAIGN AND BATTLEGROUNDS......
    Edited by Qbiken on July 18, 2017 4:00PM
  • Onefrkncrzypope
    Onefrkncrzypope
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a question. Wasn't the lightning splash damage a glitch that turned mechanic? If I'm right why can't the direct damge twisting path stay. The mNB isn't over performing, mDks have silks of the sun, sorcs got Necro, Templars need a set and mNB on live still has scathing. It makes the mNB unique and doesn't make them op. Let direct damage stay let mNB have something don't hurt them even further. Cause honestly it will flood the forum lol jk
    Edited by Onefrkncrzypope on July 18, 2017 4:37PM
    -Immortal Redeemer-
    -Extinguisher of Flames-
    -Gryphon Heart-
    -Potato-

If I edited a post, it was for spelling. It is always because of spelling....
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a question. Wasn't the lightning splash damage a glitch that turned mechanic? If I'm right why can't the direct damge twisting path stay. The mNB isn't over performing, mDks have silks of the sun, sorcs got Necro, Templars need a set and mNB on live still has scathing. It makes the mNB unique and doesn't make them op. Let direct damage stay let mNB have something don't hurt them even further. Cause honestly it will flood the forum lol jk

Just slot Julianos and you´ll barely notice any difference. Problem solved.
  • WaTeR-aBuSeR
    WaTeR-aBuSeR
    ✭✭✭✭
    delete

Edited by WaTeR-aBuSeR on July 18, 2017 6:25PM
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

[*]Fighters Guild
    • Dawnbreaker: This ability and its morphs can no longer be dodged.

Finally.

Revert to the old undodgable Dawnbreaker fixes so many problems! Along with Torug overhaul absolutely excellent news!
    =D
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    The lack of response of zenimax sometimes causes them to appear uncommitted. It is unacceptable to allow the existence of a bug in the game