The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.2 is available.

Why no nerf to magicka sorcs?

Agalloch
Agalloch
✭✭✭✭✭
Everything is nerfed ..but magicka sorcs are untouched....
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Nightblade does a 47k parse, whIle my mSorc that hits 40k on live can only get 36k on the pts. We did get nerfed indirectly via Ilambir, Grothdarr, mundus and trait changes that don't play into sorc strengths, and reduced uptime on concussed.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because all of ZOS play on mag sorcs, did you see the ESO live episode where one of their devs offered to duel? Guess what he was playing. Yep, magsorc. That and they don't really need a nerf, just some adjustments and in pve they're fine now not really op at all.
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam Nb hitting 45k self DPS...I think you need to buff other classes. Especially Warden
    Noricum/ Kitesquad/ PC/EU

Kitesquad Vol. 1

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6tGxK9KRrEI
  • mewcatus
    mewcatus
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm, time for a stam nerf, how the wheels turn.
    Bet OP didn't expect a call for a mag nerf end up being a stam nerf instead. Love ironies. ;)
    Edited by mewcatus on July 12, 2017 7:37AM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iyas wrote: »
    Stam Nb hitting 45k self DPS...I think you need to buff other classes. Especially Warden

Magicka warden struggles to get over 30k without the bear ult. It's an absolute joke of a class.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on July 12, 2017 8:13AM
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Iyas wrote: »

Magicka warden struggles to get over 30k without the bear ult. It's an absolute joke of a class.

I can feel this, my dps is pretty low wih Magicka Warden and not playing muchwih it!
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mewcatus wrote: »
    Bet OP didn't expect a call for a mag nerf end up being a stam nerf instead. Love ironies. ;)

It's not time for stam nerf at all. I know plenty of magsorcs who can easily hit 45k dps. And they still have the best aoe dps.
    Edited by Vapirko on July 12, 2017 8:15AM
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I kind of think Magsorcs have had their biggest ever PVP nerf so far this patch.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Weps
    Weps
    ✭✭✭✭
    Screw Sorcs, why nerfing DK again? Is this ever going to end?
    PS4 EU - CP 1000+ - EP Loyal

My EU Preciouses
    Aemon Dk | Imperial Dragonknight Tank
    Guari Gaburiefu | PvP Stamplar - Soon PvE tank
    Nadija Zenobia | 45k+ PvE Dk - PvP Leaper
    Naga del Serpente | High Elf Magicka Sorc PVE DPS - Soon tb 2nd crafter
    Azor Ahai V | Dunmer Magicka DK for PVP and Pve
    Jabba D'Cat | Khajiit Stamplar
    Gennarino Auditore | 7k Weapon damage Bosmer Stamblade / Ganking experimental build
    Rina Inbasu | Dunmer Magblade, my bomblade
    Zelgadis Greywords | High Elf Magplar
    Nachael Jordan | Redguard Stamsorc DPS
    Orghuz Diul | StamWar DPS
    This-Will-Buff-If | Argonian Warden Trial Off tank
    Amelia Tesla Sallilune | Breton Magden PvP DD / PvE healer
    Sap-My-Shield | PvP Nooblade, now dead PvE Tank
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcs need BUFFS, not nerfs. The size of Hardened Ward in No-CP is tragically small.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Murador178
    Murador178
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorcs need BUFFS, not nerfs. The size of Hardened Ward in No-CP is tragically small.

Shield buffs :trollface: , let's increase magicka pools to 70k . Yeah i know playing my sorc or nb with 55k magicka build i feel so squishy, i even die if i get hit by 3 incaps :fearful: into 3 SAs .
    Edited by Murador178 on July 12, 2017 11:05AM
  • Murador178
    Murador178
    ✭✭✭✭
    mewcatus wrote: »

That happens when the subject goes from PvP into PvE - I don't have a clue of ANYTHING PvE :p .
    Edited by Murador178 on July 12, 2017 11:08AM
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Murador178 wrote: »

Shield buffs :trollface: , let's increase magicka pools to 70k . Yeah i know playing my sorc or nb with 55k magicka build i feel so squishy, i even die if i get hit by 3 incaps :fearful: into 3 SAs .

To be fair, Emma has a point. There is a big difference in shield strength between CP and no-cp. imho currently they are a little too strong in CP and too weak in no-cp.

I think they should have left the 20% stat increase for CP active in no-CP too - then they could balance them properly without breaking one or the other.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Jonno
    Jonno
    ✭✭✭
    nightblades have better buffs for solo dps thats why it looks better on dummys in a real raid other classes get the buffs too and become more inline
    PC / EU
    |Chimaira
    |Thats What She Said
    |Call Of The Undaunted
    |Unfinished Business

TinkerBell - Orc Stamplar - Tick Tock Tormentor
    Aelin - Bosmer Stamplar - Tick Tock Tormentor
    Prıncess - Dunmer - Mag NB - Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Cher Lloyd - Dunmer - Sorc - Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Luna Lovegøød - Dunmer - Templar - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    Leíghton - Redguard - Stam DK - Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
  • Murador178
    Murador178
    ✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »

To be fair, Emma has a point. There is a big difference in shield strength between CP and no-cp. imho currently they are a little too strong in CP and too weak in no-cp.

I think they should have left the 20% stat increase for CP active in no-CP too - then they could balance them properly without breaking one or the other.

Stamblade without stacking only procs with massing regens also got huge problems in bgs... . Non CP shields are more like they should be - good sorcs still can easy survive with sets like amberplasm - relying on REACTIVE dodgeroll and block aswell instead of refreshing shields every 6 sec bc they run out .

The game was so much better before the heavy armor buffs and mass proc sets. At that time not every 2nd spell went through dodgeroll aswell... . Play some medium armor 2/bow stam sorc/ temp and so on and try to survive curse execute soulassault @Emma_Overload .
    Edited by Murador178 on July 12, 2017 11:27AM
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    why should he be nerf ?
    • Shields have already been nerfed 3 times , i know i know that you all want to do crit damage on shields ... but we can't nerf shields again an again just because sorc addapt to nerf .... it's time to L2P guys .
    • Of course the sorc is one of the best dps ... but could we talk about the DK for exemple ? this class is simply the Best tank ... but don't forgot that he can also DPS very well ... stamina or magicka . while the sorc is simply useful for " dps " .... yeah i know that every class can tank ... in dungeon ... normal trial ... but the dk tank is simply the best ! if you try to enter in a " HL roster " with a sorc tank .. you will be throw away. (ok ... a few sorc tank have completed Vmol is not an argument because a lot of templar dd - nb dd - dk dd have also completed this . ) Same think for the healplar .
    Edited by Apherius on July 12, 2017 11:25AM
  • theamazingx
    theamazingx
    ✭✭✭✭
    Because magsorcs aren't that strong now beyond the buffs they bring to the group via concussion and offbalance. Take a magsorc pulling 40 on a dummy, and a magdk pulling 37. Normalize the Minor Vulnerability and the offbalance as would occur in a live environment. Now the sorc makes them both perform better, with the DK getting a higher parse. A sorc and a dk together getting more dps than 2 sorcs or 2 dks - I call that balance.
  • Bosov
    Bosov
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stamblade without stacking only procs with massing regens also got huge problems in bgs... . Non CP shields are more like they should be - good sorcs still can easy survive with sets like amberplasm - relying on REACTIVE dodgeroll and block aswell instead of refreshing shields every 6 sec bc they run out .

The game was so much better before the heavy armor buffs and mass proc sets. At that time not every 2nd spell went through dodgeroll aswell... . Play some medium armor 2/bow stam sorc/ temp and so on and try to survive curse execute soulassault @Emma_Overload .

Better look for a tree to hide behind. Or use half of your stamina to block it... imagine if you could use a shield which returns magicka on magic abilties. You could just stand there and recast it 3 times to totally negate the ult without hardly losing any resources.

Xbox One - EU - GT : Bosov
    PC - EU - @Bosov91

ESO Highight :
    https://twitter.com/SlashLurk/status/895068339273310208

• GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everything is nerfed ..but magicka sorcs are untouched....

Shut up.. Quit trying to get thing nerfed!
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Because whenever something critical of sorcerer is mentioned, the same fanatic forum sorcerers who have never even tried another class show up to defend their pet class with every alternative fact in their arsenal.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ agree. I mean seriously have people run out of stuff to post about so go back to their default Nerf Sorc bandwagon. Which generally draws support from any noob at PvP who thinks they are invincible.

L2P and sorc are the easiest to take down.

Try managing active defence since MW resource changes dropped or seeing how useless wards are No-CP then come back and chat...
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »

Because whenever something critical of sorcerer is mentioned, the same fanatic forum sorcerers who have never even tried another class show up to defend their pet class with every alternative fact in their arsenal.

Nobody will deny a discussion based on solid arguments. The overwhelming majority of nerf Sorc whining is just having a nerf for the nerfs sake though. That's why people don't come up with a viable alternative. Take shield stacking, the forum poster child for perceived Sorc issues. Ok, take away shield stacking. What defensive mechanism would you give to Sorcs instead? Here is your chance at making a well rounded argument. I will be surprised if you get it done.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »

Nobody will deny a discussion based on solid arguments. The overwhelming majority of nerf Sorc whining is just having a nerf for the nerfs sake though. That's why people don't come up with a viable alternative. Take shield stacking, the forum poster child for perceived Sorc issues. Ok, take away shield stacking. What defensive mechanism would you give to Sorcs instead? Here is your chance at making a well rounded argument. I will be surprised if you get it done.

Oh, I don't have a problem with shield stacking. I have a problem with the strength level of each individual shield.

1K magicka gives you roughly 500 points to shield strength (Harness or Dampen Magic) without counting any modifiers to that 1K magicka (of which there are plenty for magicka).
    1K stamina gives you 37 health/second (or 185 health over 5 seconds) to Resolving Vigor.

Can you honestly claim this is balanced?

If you want to know what lack of defensive mechanisms feels like, try playing a medium armor build.

Funnily enough, medium armor builds were more balanced back in 2014 when they didn't even have Vigor (zero self heals), but could actually outdamage shield spam & run opponents out of resources (especially stamina) by forcing them to roll dodge or block a lot.
    Edited by DDuke on July 12, 2017 2:29PM
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I kind of think Magsorcs have had their biggest ever PVP nerf so far this patch.

Agreed
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh, I don't have a problem with shield stacking. I have a problem with the strength level of each individual shield.

1K magicka gives you roughly 500 points to shield strength (Harness or Dampen Magic) without counting any modifiers to that 1K magicka (of which there are plenty for magicka).
    1K stamina gives you 37 health/second (or 185 health over 5 seconds) to Resolving Vigor.

If you want to know what lack of defensive mechanisms feels like, try playing a medium armor build.

I would agree if vigor was the only defensive mechanic available to stam builds. It isn't. Take shuffle, dodge roll, rally/forward momentum into account as well. Shields are the only things that's standing between our light Armour and the damage.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I would agree if vigor was the only defensive mechanic available to stam builds. It isn't. Take shuffle, dodge roll, rally/forward momentum into account as well. Shields are the only things that's standing between our light Armour and the damage.

None of those are medium armor specific, heavy/light are able to roll dodge (which doesn't help much against DoTs, birds, soul assault etc etc) just as much, if not more than a dmg stacked stamina build if you equip things like Amberplasm.

Nor can you spam roll dodge or Rally, if you happen to use 2H like 99% of stamina builds.

Not that any of this matters when a magicka stacked sorcerer can instagib a medium armor user with a frag+curse combo from 100->0 (good luck trying to do the same as medium armor user to someone with shields up).
    Edited by DDuke on July 12, 2017 2:36PM
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pet sorcs duelers are overwhelmingly strong and also incredibly annoying to fight against.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not like the nerf sorc fanatics are presenting objective arguments based on incontrovertible evidence.
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Oh may I chime in then?

Reduce the proc time of Mage's Fury to 2 seconds rather than 4. This way when someone gets auto-executed it's done a little more aggressively. Rather than the set it, and forget it style that we currently have.

Nerf haunting curse's damage by 30%, and replace Daedric Prey with the original Vicious Curse with no damage nerf. They'll nerf rearming trap's damage by 30% because it goes off twice, but not this? A bit inconsistent.

There needs to be no bonus damage given to proc'd Crystal frag. It hits VERY hard, it costs half as much, it CCs, and it's instant; there's no need for bonus damage.

A change to damage shields:

They need to get a huge cost increase. Blocking stops stam regen, and you lose a chunk of stamina every half second while blocking an aggressor. And it mitigates 50% of damage received against almost every attack in the game.

Dodge rolling mitigates all damage from an ever decreasing list of abilities that can actually be dodged in this game; however it gets a 33% increase in cost penalty for repeat uses with 4 seconds of the previous dodge roll

Damage shields, like dodge rolling mitigate all damage. However unlock dodge rolling it can actually work against every ability in the game (bleed damage being an exception). And unlike blocking, and dodge rolling damage shields continue to work even while CC'd. Yet they are the least punishing on your resources out of the 3 defense mechanics. This is incredibly unbalanced, and therefore they need to be much more expensive. Doubling the cost might actually be a balanced increase. Especially considering how much easier it is to manage resources when playing magicka in comparison to stamina.
    Edited by Strider_Roshin on July 12, 2017 2:38PM
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SanTii.92 wrote: »

Pet sorcs duelers are overwhelmingly strong and also incredibly annoying to fight against.

It's false, pet sorc aren't ovewhelmingly strong, pet sorc are extremely weak if you know how to counter them :

Kill the pets, which is easy, and intterupt the caster. Then enjoy.

Any build with gap closer or streak can do it pretty easely : Even by streaking your opponent (stunning him, taking range), he can break and gap/streak to you and interrupt you.

While the ennemi focus your pet, if you don't take care of the pet, he die in 3s, he you proctect him, you deal no damage and still lost the pet cuz pet's are not affected by cps (no defensive cps) and the shield on them is 33 less effective.

If you play tank build, you can enough resistance to tank them, if you are a templar, you destroy the sorc by purging his pray, making him lost the damage from it and making pets 55% less damage. If you are a magblade, fear, shadow image and shield is enough to counter pets.

More I play my pet sorc, more I understand it can be really strong agaisnt not informed people, but it can be USELESS agaisnt people hwo kill the pets, with no possiblity to recast or proctect effectively them.
This discussion has been closed.