Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ZOS NERF: Earthtear Cavern Changes... Noooooooooo :(

• perogwin_ESO
    perogwin_ESO
    ✭✭✭

You should at least remove the "Invisible Wall" you used on the opposite side that contains so much livable space and that already has a solid stone wall to keep people like that from accessing unplayable areas. That's the least you can do for punishing so many for the actions of a few.RrWJerm.png

Oh and btw, thanks for letting everyone know in advance so they could remove the items they had placed in those areas instead of them being loss under giant boulders. Obviously, by your responses on June 6-7, Gina you didn't even know they were doing this, apologies to you for being kept in the dark along with everyone who purchased the cavern.

As for the first point, I have been saying that exact same thing to them since it was on test the first time.

Second Point, If its helpful you can remove the objects buried in the rock back to inventory by using the remove item option from the housing menu. If you have multiple items of same name place in other areas make sure to be standing as close to the area you need to remove things from and use the directional arrows that show next to the names, this is how I was able to retrieve everything that got buried.
  • Iccengi
    Iccengi
    ✭✭✭
    "Went live sooner than expected"

So basically you toyed around with the idea of how you might fix this but weren't really committed then late one Friday night drunk wreck it Ralph crawled out from under his desk, took off the do not touch sign and hit the big red 'F it button'
    That phrase alone tells all of us that this change while maybe "planned" was neither executed well, throughly vetted or even complete in its execution it also explains the floating rock as I'm sure someone was just moving rocks around planning out how to fix this area and simply forgot it not realizing nobody was going to actually clean it up.
    So basically a massive set of changes have been implemented and rather then saying oopsie or even a graceful "im sorry we were trying to fix a separate problem and didn't realize it would affect so many players" it's 'nope we're not gonna change it tough luck kiddos ;)'
    You do realize the people that bought the cave are the richer section of your player demographics right? College kids and teens are not laying down 120$ for some useless pixels to play Martha Stewart in. And if a player is willing to drop 120$ on a single item you have to wonder how much other money might be at risk when you *** them off.
    I'm personally not going to be buying anymore homes at this point and very little else tbh. Between the obnoxious low item cap and now random terrible lazy changes made on the fly it's not worth it. And I'll be advising everyone else I know not to invest in anything crown related.
  • raj72616a
    raj72616a
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ i would be telling my guildmates about this disgraceful nonsense too. many of them dont read the forum and are unaware of the situation.
  • calcifer_senpai
    calcifer_senpai
    Soul Shriven
    I do QA and UAT for a living, and I can tell you that this would not fly. We'd be rolling back changes, and sending a global communication to explain the screw-up. Not to mention the embarrassing meeting I'd have to have with my senior manager.
    Glad I didn't buy the cavern...I want it so bad. But I'm not willing to put any money into housing until we get a decent explanation of this.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MacCait wrote: »
    Enodoc wrote: »
    psychotrip wrote: »
    reiverx wrote: »
    It could well be that they genuinely can't revert the changes because of said reasons.

However, because ZOS's reputation has taken a huge nosedive lately, nobody trusts them.
    I'm no coder, but how is this not as simple as removing the boulder and adding an invisible wall to the place characters are allegedly getting out of bounds? If whole blocked off area was causing problems, why should we accept it being cut off rather than patched up? This is just bizzare.
    Because it's clear that you were never supposed to be able to go there in the first place. I take Gina's comment to mean that's the bit that's out-of-bounds. Anything beyond that which you could have also got to is irrelevant, because you're not supposed to be able to get there in the first place.

What they should consider doing now, given that people have been able to get into and furnish an unplayable area, is spend a bit of time making that area playable so it can be opened up again.
    Hi.

I disagree that it's '"it's clear that you were never supposed to be able to go there in the first place".

Why is that clear?
    Gina's comment says they closed off an area that was not intended for use. Thus it is clear you were never supposed to be able to go there. I never said it was clear while it was accessible that you weren't supposed to be there, just that it's clear now that you were never supposed to be there.

Based on the pictures of "now" I can work out where one of the places is (the red box on Darlgon's picture), and the area map does indeed suggest an alcove which isn't there. But running around the Preview cave on Live, it looks exactly the same as it did on PTS, and I'm pretty sure I couldn't get in that alcove then either (like I said, I tried to get everywhere). I'm assuming your areas were opened up accidentally on Live sometime after when the cave was first on PTS. Again, I wouldn't necessarily expect someone to know that those areas shouldn't be accessible, but there's no indication of the Khajiiti archway and extra balconies that you found beyond that on the area map, so I wouldn't decry ZOS for fixing something that was unintended. But that's also why I said that ZOS should now look into making it a proper playable area, since a number of people have used it successfully already. I'm not sure where the second area is.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [Gina's comment says they closed off an area that was not intended for use. Thus it is clear you were never supposed to be able to go there.

No, with all respect, it isn't clear you were never supposed to be able to go there just because ZOS has now all of a sudden stated that is the case (after 4 weeks of not having a clue and without ANY response).

To try and show you and the community why your above statement is incorrect, earlier I built a slope staircase to get up into that area, as you can still build and get into that area, just not on the ground level (which is the lagest sqaure footage lost). I took screen shots to refute this statement that 'it is clear we are not supposed to go in there'.

I also combed though some back ups of old screen shots and video and have now found old video footage of my character walking in these areas before I had started working on the Guild Cavern design. It has taken me about 4 months or more of spare time to design the Cavern and I just finished very late tonight in time as my sub ends tomorrow and I will not be renewing. Now that I have clear footage of before and after, I will post those together with the screen shots of the platform earlier. I think that will clear some things up, help the discussion, whilst also highlighting why ZOS answer is simply not satisfactory, and is actually a complete insult to intelligence.
    But running around the Preview cave on Live, it looks exactly the same as it did on PTS, and I'm pretty sure I couldn't get in that alcove then either (like I said, I tried to get everywhere).

No, it is now 100% different to how it was on PTS, and 100% different to how it was prior to Morrrowind patch. You just misssed the area if you didn't walk into it. Every video I had watched on youtube yesterday, every person just walked by it without even attempting to have a littel look there. They were oblivious to it.
    I'm assuming your areas were opened up accidentally on Live sometime after when the cave was first on PTS. Again,

No. The areas are walkable areas, you can walk right into them, the same as you caould walk into any area, like the waterfalls, the hall at the back, the little islands at the edge of the map. You just walk there, thats it. No accidents, no glitches, all intended.
    but there's no indication of the Khajiiti archway and extra balconies that you found beyond that on the area map

No, you misunderstood. The khajiit archway and balconies were not things I found. I placed them there. I built in that area, they were my items. I built balconies and made good use of the lighting from the overlooking view out over the lake. The whole window/view was closed up by rock.

Stay tuned and I will post video and pics that fully expose what has been changed, and show that the change was without reason. For now I need to sleep :)

EDIT: accidently deleted a sentance
    Edited by MacCait on June 28, 2017 1:48AM
  • Lady_Rosabella
    Lady_Rosabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to thank everyone that does not own the cavern who have posted your support for those of us who paid $120 for this cavern and your discuss for what ZOS has done to all of us. Obviously they have stopped looking at this post and are thinking this will all go away, but I have seen too many people that have already taken this to social media and gaming forums and also talked to others who are writing articles about this.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_MattFiror is this really what you want new players, existing players, and possible future players to think/feel about how you support the people who pay your salaries?
  • makerofthings
    makerofthings
    ✭✭✭
    Let us not let this go away. The company is trying to white wash this whole thing resorting to "not as intended" tactics. BS and they know it. Spend a little resource and fix this. I don't know where the funds would come from, oh wait, perhaps from the gamers that spent money on the cavern. Perhaps there.
  • psychotrip
    psychotrip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let us not let this go away. The company is trying to white wash this whole thing resorting to "not as intended" tactics. BS and they know it. Spend a little resource and fix this. I don't know where the funds would come from, oh wait, perhaps from the gamers that spent money on the cavern. Perhaps there.

I know I keep saying this, but the article I wrote on this should be published either tonight or early in the morning. Editors have been crazy busy at the end of the month. In the meantime, I'm trying to wrap my head around all this. Hopefully I didn't miss any part of this weird saga.
    No one is saying there aren't multiple interpretations of the lore, and we're not arguing that ESO did it "wrong".

We're arguing that they decided to go for the most boring, mundane, seen-before interpretation possible. Like they almost always do, unless they can ride on the coat-tails of past games.
  • psychotrip
    psychotrip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welp, here it is, at last. I tried to chronicle this entire experience, but let me know if I missed anything: https://comicsverse.com/elder-scrolls-online-housing/
    Edited by psychotrip on June 28, 2017 5:44AM
    No one is saying there aren't multiple interpretations of the lore, and we're not arguing that ESO did it "wrong".

We're arguing that they decided to go for the most boring, mundane, seen-before interpretation possible. Like they almost always do, unless they can ride on the coat-tails of past games.
  • Lady_Rosabella
    Lady_Rosabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welp, here it is, at last. I tried to chronicle this entire experience, but let me know if I missed anything: https://comicsverse.com/?p=152791&preview=true&preview_id=152791&preview_nonce=15c74e4844&post_format=standard&_thumbnail_id=152881

I tried the link and it said "Sorry you are not allowed to preview drafts"
    Edited by Lady_Rosabella on June 28, 2017 5:26AM
  • psychotrip
    psychotrip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welp, here it is, at last. I tried to chronicle this entire experience, but let me know if I missed anything: https://comicsverse.com/?p=152791&preview=true&preview_id=152791&preview_nonce=15c74e4844&post_format=standard&_thumbnail_id=152881

I tried the link and it said "Sorry you are not allowed to preview drafts"

Ha sorry. It's late where I am. Sent the wrong link. The post is fixed.

• makerofthings
    makerofthings
    ✭✭✭
    Grass root campaigns tend to take root and I think on ZOS part there might be a tremor. If we all band together and fan the flames perhaps they may take notice. If not for this, for the future when they try to do this sort of thing again.

If they have no regard for their fan base then whom do they serve? The player base has spent funds to keep the lights on whether it was through the base game, sub or the cash shop. We all have contributed to keep this game alive and have a voice. We are the ones whom pay THIER bills not the other way around. We keep the game moving forward. It is time they remember that. If not for us they have no paycheck, no food on the table, no mortgage, rent, ect.

They may have a vision for this game however it is dust without us, we the supporters of ESO. Without us you are nothing, just a hard drive filled with data. We give the game life.
    Edited by makerofthings on June 28, 2017 6:26AM
  • Lady_Rosabella
    Lady_Rosabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I tried the link and it said "Sorry you are not allowed to view drafts"
    Grass root campaigns tend to take root and I think on ZOS part there might be a tremor. If we all band together and fan the flames perhaps they may take notice. If not for this, for the future when they try to do this sort of thing again.

If they have no regard for their fan base then whom do they serve? The player base has spent funds to keep the lights on whether it was through the base game, sub or the cash shop. We all have contributed to keep this game alive and have a voice. We are the ones whom pay THIER bills not the other way around. We keep the game moving forward. It is time they remember that. If not for us they have no paycheck, no food on the table, no mortgage, rent, ect.

They may have a vision this game however it is dust without us, we the supporters of ESO. Without us you are nothing, just a hard drive filled with data. We give the game life.

AGREED!!!
  • Lady_Rosabella
    Lady_Rosabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welp, here it is, at last. I tried to chronicle this entire experience, but let me know if I missed anything: https://comicsverse.com/elder-scrolls-online-housing/

Excellent article! You mind if I share it?
  • makerofthings
    makerofthings
    ✭✭✭

Thank you for taking the time to write this and get it out. I hope it will be picked up and shared.

Thanks again for your effort.

M.
  • psychotrip
    psychotrip
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Excellent article! You mind if I share it?

Please do!

• hiyde
    hiyde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just noticed that at our guild house (Daggerfall Overlook), all of our lanterns are frozen in various positions, no longer swinging in the breeze.

This looks like crap.

@ZOS_GinaBruno is this going to be fixed?

For those of you with the cavern, I feel for you. Whether these areas were intended for use or not, they made it to live and there had to be a more elegant solution to fix whatever issues they identified without taking space away from the most expensive RL $$ item in the game.

If this truly isn't going to get reversed, refunds should be an option for those that want 'em.
    @Hiyde GM/Founder - Bleakrock Barter Co (Trade Guild - PC/NA) | Blackbriar Barter Co (Trade Guild-PC/NA)
  • Lady_Rosabella
    Lady_Rosabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hiyde wrote: »
    I just noticed that at our guild house (Daggerfall Overlook), all of our lanterns are frozen in various positions, no longer swinging in the breeze.

This looks like crap.

@ZOS_GinaBruno is this going to be fixed?

For those of you with the cavern, I feel for you. Whether these areas were intended for use or not, they made it to live and there had to be a more elegant solution to fix whatever issues they identified without taking space away from the most expensive RL $$ item in the game.

If this truly isn't going to get reversed, refunds should be an option for those that want 'em.

Yes, all the hanging lanterns have stopped swinging and several people have submitted bugs on that, including myself. Most of those lanterns in my cavern were purchased with crowns until I was able to find the diagram for it. It's funny how the Lantern of Anquish got fixed in just a few days but the hanging lanterns have been broken and reported since Morrowind update and still not fixed.

I did make a post earlier in this forum with pics of the lanterns being stuck in a sideways state, and so have so many players in other posts, but we haven't heard anything about it.

Hubby and I have been subscribed since July 4, 2014 and haven't missed a payment. Our 6 month subscription is scheduled to renew in July and we have not decided yet on whether we will keep giving our money to a company who does this to players who use their hard-earned money to either pay for their Plus membership or purchase crowns to buy expensive items from their store that could have changes done to them at any moment.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    bunnytrix wrote: »
    Hi everyone, apologies for the delay in replying. We're talking through some possible options, and will let you know what we plan to do regarding these changes. Will keep you all in the loop and let you know what's decided as soon as possible.

What options ?
    You changed stuff after purchase (for a lot of cash) !! Put it back the way it was immediately.

[snip]

[Edit for bashing]

EXACTLY!! NO OPTION THERE!!
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Someone has probably already said this but ill toss it out anyways. Nothing in housing is irretrievable, just bring up housing menu and select the collect items or placed items tab and you can pick every placed item up at once or individually.

Just a tip in case people are still struggling with "stuck" items.
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone, apologies for the delay in replying. We're talking through some possible options, and will let you know what we plan to do regarding these changes. Will keep you all in the loop and let you know what's decided as soon as possible.

well what do you mean with "options"?

you either changed it mistakenly and would be nice if you would revert the changes, or you changed it by purpose and I bet some people would ask for refund...
  • mwd419_ESO
    mwd419_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Oh my god, I am so glad I stopped playing. I might have actually bought this overpriced house, only to see it get changed after my purchase. Awful business practice, Zenimax. You should refund the crowns of any who ask.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    mwd419_ESO wrote: »
    Oh my god, I am so glad I stopped playing. I might have actually bought this overpriced house, only to see it get changed after my purchase. Awful business practice, Zenimax. You should refund the crowns of any who ask.

this!!!

and btw., in case you were on PC EU, can I have your stuff :smiley: ?
  • raj72616a
    raj72616a
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »

you either changed it mistakenly and would be nice if you would revert the changes, or you changed it by purpose and I bet some people would ask for refund...

they already gave an answer that it was an intentional nerf and that they will not revert the change. in a blunt tone that implied it was case closed for them.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    raj72616a wrote: »

they already gave an answer that it was an intentional nerf and that they will not revert the change. in a blunt tone that implied it was case closed for them.

wait, where did they say this?
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    raj72616a wrote: »

wait, where did they say this?

Staff post further up in the thread..
    Ok everyone, regarding the changes made to Earthtear Cavern, this was actually an intentional change in order to prevent an issue where you could access an unplayable area outside of the home. As such, we will not be reverting this change since it was done to fix an issue. These changes went live sooner than we expected, which is why there wasn't a documented patch note for it; we apologize for the confusion this caused.

Dev tracker is your friend.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Zolron
    Zolron
    ✭✭✭
    Lol, "Intentional change" that took 4 weeks to figure out and reply?? Either Zos has no clue or are outright liars...i believe the latter !!
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zolron wrote: »
    Lol, "Intentional change" that took 4 weeks to figure out and reply?? Either Zos has no clue or are outright liars...i believe the latter !!

It does tend to bring out my cynical side and I can't help being concerned they will try the same line on the various other changes they have made when it seems so much simpler to fix things back to the way they were.

Earthtear is a particularly bad target to mess with too as it is not purchasable in game so they are directly screwing with the relatively small number of people who are spending a lot of money on cosmetic items - that just seems tremendously stupid from a commercial perspective.

We've also seen them refusing refunds to EU people for this which makes it even less likely for those of us who have been spending money to feel like we can trust ZOS to be honest about what they are selling and since this one seems to be starting to get around on the wider gaming community that is not going to help the bottom line.

They can hide behind the EULA as much as they want but that is not going to stop people losing trust and no longer spending money on a company who demonstrate that they cannot be trusted.

The increased pace of fairly average crown items, the upping of the ante on crown crates, the rushed early release of BGs in a failed state and things like this make me wonder just what is driving what appears to be a deeply cynical drive to realise maximum money from this game in a short space of time. It doesn't feel like the actions of a company that have the long term health of the game in mind.
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • psychotrip
    psychotrip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tavore1138 wrote: »
    Zolron wrote: »

It does tend to bring out my cynical side and I can't help being concerned they will try the same line on the various other changes they have made when it seems so much simpler to fix things back to the way they were.

Earthtear is a particularly bad target to mess with too as it is not purchasable in game so they are directly screwing with the relatively small number of people who are spending a lot of money on cosmetic items - that just seems tremendously stupid from a commercial perspective.

We've also seen them refusing refunds to EU people for this which makes it even less likely for those of us who have been spending money to feel like we can trust ZOS to be honest about what they are selling and since this one seems to be starting to get around on the wider gaming community that is not going to help the bottom line.

They can hide behind the EULA as much as they want but that is not going to stop people losing trust and no longer spending money on a company who demonstrate that they cannot be trusted.

The increased pace of fairly average crown items, the upping of the ante on crown crates, the rushed early release of BGs in a failed state and things like this make me wonder just what is driving what appears to be a deeply cynical drive to realise maximum money from this game in a short space of time. It doesn't feel like the actions of a company that have the long term health of the game in mind.

As I recall, those EULAS usually don't hold up in EU courts. They usually side with consumers.

Anyway, I've created a megathread on ALL the housing issues, and I tried to chronicle all the ZOS statements so far. Here it is: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/356082/a-summation-of-the-housing-issues-megathread/p1?new=1

This discussion has been closed.