The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A Summation of the "Unexpected Changes" to Housing - Megathread

psychotrip
psychotrip
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey guys. Since there's been countless threads on the now infamous "housing issues", I thought I'd try to combine everything so people could understasnd what's been going on.

As some of you know, I created an article summarizing the entire situation. Here it is if you're not sure what's going on, or just wanted to read it:

https://comicsverse.com/elder-scrolls-online-housing/

Here are a few of the threads on the different housing issues, for reference:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/350308/zos-nerf-earthtear-cavern-changes-noooooooooo/p1

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/355152/what-happened-to-my-windows-mathiisen-manor/p1

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/346383/stay-moist-mansion-bugged-after-update-missing-ruined-walls-lamppost#latest

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4273292#Comment_4273292 (previous attempt at a megathread)

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/354089/bug-hundings-palatial-hall/p1

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4278300#Comment_4278300

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/356092/please-fix-broken-wall-in-amaya-lake-lodge#latest

Statements from ZOS as so far

Most of these explanations came on the 20 day mark of silence, all within a short period of time. They are, to the best of my knowledge, in chronalogical order:

“Hi everyone, apologies for the delay in replying. We’re talking through some possible options, and will let you know what we plan to do regarding these changes. Will keep you all in the loop and let you know what’s decided as soon as possible.” - Gina Bruna

“Greetings!

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team. My name is Logan, and it’s my pleasure to assist you today.

I understand you’re frustrated about an unexpected change to Mathiison Manor. As it stands, we only know as much about this as has been made public by the development team. You should keep an eye on the forums for updates. I realize that may not be the most appealing option to you.

Regarding your request for a refund, the answer is no.

It is not possible to refund items purchased in the Crown Store except to the extent required by local law. Some jurisdictions (including Australia) impose certain terms and conditions on the supply of services and digital content (including in respect of refunds) that cannot be excluded. See http://www.zenimax.com/legal_terms_us.“ - Logan from customer support

"Hey guys! Just want to let you know this is a bug that's causing some textures to be applied in the wrong places, hence the missing windows. This will be fixed in a future patch so you will once again have windows in your home." - Gina Bruno

“Ok everyone, regarding the changes made to Earthtear Cavern, this was actually an intentional change in order to prevent an issue where you could access an unplayable area outside of the home. As such, we will not be reverting this change since it was done to fix an issue. These changes went live sooner than we expected, which is why there wasn’t a documented patch note for it; we apologize for the confusion this caused.” - Gina Bruno

I'll update this OP when and if more info comes in.
Edited by psychotrip on June 28, 2017 3:40PM
No one is saying there aren't multiple interpretations of the lore, and we're not arguing that ESO did it "wrong".

We're arguing that they decided to go for the most boring, mundane, seen-before interpretation possible. Like they almost always do, unless they can ride on the coat-tails of past games.
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have exactly zero housing issues.
  • psychotrip
    psychotrip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everstorm wrote: »

Well, thanks for sharing...?
    No one is saying there aren't multiple interpretations of the lore, and we're not arguing that ESO did it "wrong".

We're arguing that they decided to go for the most boring, mundane, seen-before interpretation possible. Like they almost always do, unless they can ride on the coat-tails of past games.
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I could use more furniture slots.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Dracindo
    Dracindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The furnishing limit issue comes with every house. So if you have no housing issues, you have no house (and no, inn rooms and such don't count).
    Edited by Dracindo on June 28, 2017 2:47PM
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • psychotrip
    psychotrip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darlgon wrote: »

Adding now. Also, was there ever a thread on Hunding's? I mentioned it in the article, and I've seen references to it in other threads, but did anyone ever make a thread specifically on it? I want to find all the previous threads.

• Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Then what do you post that useless comment knowing that thousands of players are currently having proven issues with their houses?
    Edited by Dragonnord on June 28, 2017 2:54PM
    SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • psychotrip
    psychotrip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hunding thread added as well.

• Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CarbonX wrote: »

Then what do you post that useless comment knowing that thousands of players are currently having proven issues with their houses?

I would guess it is the same reason you felt the need to reply to it.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • psychotrip
    psychotrip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »

Because he's wondering why the other person is replied...? I'm not following your logic here.

• MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're missing a Zos reply about Mathiisen.
    Hey guys! Just want to let you know this is a bug that's causing some textures to be applied in the wrong places, hence the missing windows. This will be fixed in a future patch so you will once again have windows in your home.

Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    psychotrip wrote: »

Because he's wondering why the other person is replied...? I'm not following your logic here.

Same reason you wrote a whole article about these housing issues.

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

How can you compare a post (mine) that indirectly tells someone not to bother nor derail the thread with a post (his) that *** and derails a thread?

Use your brain dude and you too stop molesting and derailing.

Edited by Dragonnord on June 28, 2017 3:16PM
    SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • psychotrip
    psychotrip
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because I'm a writer and this issue interested me? You talk like a wise monk who speaks in riddles.
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Hey guys! Just want to let you know this is a bug that's causing some textures to be applied in the wrong places, hence the missing windows. This will be fixed in a future patch so you will once again have windows in your home.

Thanks! Adding now!

• kunquatb16_ESO
    kunquatb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

Adding now. Also, was there ever a thread on Hunding's? I mentioned it in the article, and I've seen references to it in other threads, but did anyone ever make a thread specifically on it? I want to find all the previous threads.

@psychotrip it got moved to bugs https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4274572#Comment_4274572

Not totally on topic, but sort of related is my thread https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4278300#Comment_4278300

Edit, also noticed this new thread: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/356092/please-fix-broken-wall-in-amaya-lake-lodge#latest obviously a bug this time.
    Edited by kunquatb16_ESO on June 28, 2017 3:19PM
  • psychotrip
    psychotrip
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@psychotrip it got moved to bugs https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4274572#Comment_4274572

Not totally on topic, but sort of related is my thread https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4278300#Comment_4278300

Added!

• Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because I'm a writer and this issue interested me? You talk like a wise monk who speaks in riddles.

Thanks! Adding now!

I like to think of myself more of a wizard.

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • psychotrip
    psychotrip
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks! Adding now!

You know what? I'll give you that!

• Illurian
    Illurian
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just ignore the troll. Thanks for compiling all the housing threads!
    Kiss the chaos.
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks! Adding now!

You know what? I'll give you that!

Seemsgood.png

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • kunquatb16_ESO
    kunquatb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

Added!

@psychotrip also noticed this new thread: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/356092/please-fix-broken-wall-in-amaya-lake-lodge#latest obviously a bug this time. (you must have missed my edit)
  • psychotrip
    psychotrip
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Added!

@psychotrip also noticed this new thread: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/356092/please-fix-broken-wall-in-amaya-lake-lodge#latest obviously a bug this time. (you must have missed my edit)

Still important to show how all these issues popped up around the same time, and how ZOS is more committed to fixing Earthtear Cavern's problems by blocking off a section of the house than fixing bugs that people are actually reporting.

• Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Added!

Still important to show how all these issues popped up around the same time, and how ZOS is more committed to fixing Earthtear Cavern's problems by blocking off a section of the house than fixing bugs that people are actually reporting.

That one at Amaya has actually been there.

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have a Hundings Palatial Hall with about 80% of the 600 item count purchased with crowns. I'm going to go home tonight and really look at every item I bought. If anything has changed I'll post here and make a bug report for every item not exactly like I purchased. I'll share and post this on a few area as well. Thank you for putting the extra time in for issues affecting Us customers.
  • psychotrip
    psychotrip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »
    I have a Hundings Palatial Hall with about 80% of the 600 item count purchased with crowns. I'm going to go home tonight and really look at every item I bought. If anything has changed I'll post here and make a bug report for every item not exactly like I purchased. I'll share and post this on a few area as well. Thank you for putting the extra time in for issues affecting Us customers.

Remember to take screenshots, and look for evidence of what the house looked like before (images, youtube videos etc.)

• Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Remember to take screenshots, and look for evidence of what the house looked like before (images, youtube videos etc.)

Absolutely. I already make regular bug post on moves (Even if they go in noticed). Shared your article on NA PS4 Facebook with 16k members btw. Hope this gets escalated quicker.
  • psychotrip
    psychotrip
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Absolutely. I already make regular bug post on moves (Even if they go in noticed). Shared your article on NA PS4 Facebook with 16k members btw. Hope this gets escalated quicker.

Cool. I'm sure reddit's /r/games would be interested in this, too.

• Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dracindo wrote: »

The furnishing limit issue comes with every house. So if you have no housing issues, you have no house (and no, inn rooms and such don't count).

Bingo. I find the whole housing thing a gigantic waste of time and money that could have been spend on providing actual content or fixing bugs.
    You got exactly what you paid for: a whole lot of pretty nothing.
  • psychotrip
    psychotrip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracindo wrote: »

Bingo. I find the whole housing thing a gigantic waste of time and money that could have been spend on providing actual content or fixing bugs.
    You got exactly what you paid for: a whole lot of pretty nothing.

People play games for different reasons, you know. Not everything in the universe is designed to cater to your personal tastes and what you enjoy.