Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ZENIMAX you ruined the game congratulations.

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    0fbcc6854cd5a90776803ac790974a18.jpg
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »

I've stared at that picture for several minutes and still don't see what I was looking for.
    Wink, wink
    Nudge, nudge
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • JiKama
    JiKama
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dislike being igmored :p
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They can lock the thread. But the fact remains that most players know I'm right. And those who don't know it yet, will find out the hard way.

BS right there.. Some players AGREE with you.. But that don't make your words truth.. People seem to always get that part wrong.. That you are not satisfied, does not mean something is broken.. It just mean that you have not found a way to get past it
  • ComboBreaker88
    ComboBreaker88
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They can lock the thread. But the fact remains that most players know I'm right. And those who don't know it yet, will find out the hard way.

BS right there.. Some players AGREE with you.. But that don't make your words truth.. People seem to always get that part wrong.. That you are not satisfied, does not mean something is broken.. It just mean that you have not found a way to get past it

Go into any trial and come back to me. Broken.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    172136f396095f82a9a27807ef3240b6.jpg

Do like some of us and quit by uninstalling the game.
    Quitting the forums is the nest step.....but the meme above pretty much applies to the cash shop and RNG in this game today.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Go into any trial and come back to me. Broken.

Trials have *** to do with the Tamriel world, so they have no importance to me
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The easier thing to do is just don't buy Morrowind. Continue to play, but vote with your money. And if, in a thread, somebody asks why you don't want to buy Morrowind, state you disagree with the changes and how ZOS has handled them. Vote with your money.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The game is actually broken tho....thats not up for anyone to agree or disagree
    actual examples:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/bug-reports

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/xbox-one-technical-support

and...the dev tracker
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

actual examples:

and...the dev tracker

Again, you lay it out as facts.. The game was broken, if we could not play AT ALL.. Some parts may be faulty atm, but that does not make a broken game
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First it was the champion point cap. Then it was the cash shop. Then there was a pay wall. Then they made cp useless. On top of completely broken content. [snip] Mark my words morrowwind will kill the game. I'd say fix your game.. but there are already 500 locked thread saying that. You can't just ignore the issues and they go away. The players notice. And most of us who have half a brain are fed up [snip]. You're [snip] completely out of touch with your players. Instead of fixing content that has been broken for 3 YEARS you keep pumping out cash shop items. And putting in a paywall for a DLC? Really? [snip]

[Edit to remove bashing.]

I disagree, the game is still very well designed and interesting and I like most changes. Definitely game is not ruined, you exaggerate. I feel they work hard on ESO, definitely harder than other developers. They just cannot satisfy everyone.
    And the lore will defend itself no matter the changes. We just need to be flexible and learn to adapt to ever changing environment.
    Edited by Gargath on May 5, 2017 7:02PM
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uninstalling the game but continuing in the forums is like getting divorced and stalking your ex.
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Uninstalling the game but continuing in the forums is like getting divorced and stalking your ex.

At least the ex can get a restraining order. Here, we have to listen to the same crap all day from people that haven't played in months and *** about the game they love so much still being broken instead of just enjoying what they have.

It's more like getting divorced and still banging your ex even though it was the worst sex you ever had...
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not particularly.

Thank god you cant stop people. It's more 'waiting for the game to get it's head out it's rear"
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

actual examples:

and...the dev tracker

Again, you lay it out as facts.. The game was broken, if we could not play AT ALL.. Some parts may be faulty atm, but that does not make a broken game

@Daemons_Bane
    Well the actual definition is- having been fractured or damaged and no longer in one piece or in working order.

So its a very accurate term and it doesn't have to mean the entire game isn't playable but it does apply to specific features, zones, servers, and platforms accurately as the factual reference of the term "broken"

While you personally may not have experienced the broken parts others have, you have experienced some broken parts if you play the game. So realistically, the game, some of the paid features and benefits, zones, and content are currently broken or often in a broken state from release til today.

Large portions of the game are damaged, no longer in one piece or working order, so Elder Scrolls Online - One Tamriel is "broken"

Edited by NewBlacksmurf on May 5, 2017 7:18PM
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noone can say I'm ZOS fan, but I didn't see anything bad in selling DLCs. This is business, capitalism, you must be happy from it, right?
    • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
    • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gargath wrote: »
    First it was the champion point cap. Then it was the cash shop. Then there was a pay wall. Then they made cp useless. On top of completely broken content. [snip] Mark my words morrowwind will kill the game. I'd say fix your game.. but there are already 500 locked thread saying that. You can't just ignore the issues and they go away. The players notice. And most of us who have half a brain are fed up [snip]. You're [snip] completely out of touch with your players. Instead of fixing content that has been broken for 3 YEARS you keep pumping out cash shop items. And putting in a paywall for a DLC? Really? [snip]

[Edit to remove bashing.]

I disagree, the game is still very well designed and interesting and I like most changes. Definitely game is not ruined, you exaggerate. I feel they work hard on ESO, definitely harder than other developers. They just cannot satisfy everyone.
    And the lore will defend itself no matter the changes. We just need to be flexible and learn to adapt to ever changing environment.

Here's the thing with this.

It seems like most of the game is now being designed around PVP balance. That's fine. You wanna make a PVP game, fine, make a PVP game. But they did that and it wasn't sustainable with their monitary system when they did, given most of the game.

They also screwed over god knows how much PVE content, but lets be honest, PVP allways took priority to this game. We've allways been expendable.

Sooo, they cant satisfy everyone. But you gotta satisfy someone. And completely alienating most people in the PVE crowd with a slew of balance changes isn't going to keep that crowd, and it's probable the PVP crowd isn't enough to sustain the game.

They say their taking a look at what is best for the game. So who justified the logic on this one?

This isn't a case of be flexible, this is a case of wait for ZOS to figure out what their doing. I'm tired of geting screwed over for their 'vision' or their inability to think things through, call me when they stop screwing up. It's been a problem of the developer for as long as I can remember. They let the players decide the meta, and didn't like the meta, which they had built content around, so they nerf it.

ZOS has no idea what it is doing. It has no idea how to target problem parts of a system. It either does nothing, or leaves scorched earth. I have no faith in this developer, and I'll be more then happy to reroll when they are replaced.
    Edited by Doctordarkspawn on May 5, 2017 7:34PM
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Since the patch notes went up ive honestly not even logged in

lost my desire to play this game. I follow the forums to see if anything changes or if im missing anything big but the last update was *** stupid
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well the actual definition is- having been fractured or damaged and no longer in one piece or in working order.

Large portions of the game are damaged, no longer in one piece or working order, so Elder Scrolls Online - One Tamriel is "broken"

Some parts may be damage, though I would not say large parts as the game is primarily working just fine.. So no, I would still not agree that the game is broken.. The game as a whole, is certainly in working order

• GDOFWR420
    GDOFWR420
    ✭✭✭✭
    On xbox one the game is over 70gb that's a lot of code. Bound to be bugs in the game especially when the game is always changing.
  • Graydon
    Graydon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had no idea MOST players are fed up.

Such insight..
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Graydon wrote: »

Such insight..

Most players dont read the forums.

Having said that, when word of the sustain changes hit, more than a few people in endgame PVE guilds just left overnight. I couldn't give you an estimate, but really, think about something.

It's day one of the expnansion, bought it or not. You log on, try the content...and cant sustain for more than five seconds.

Would you continue playing? Probably not, if your casual, aspirant, or even a MMO veteran. The new guys will be hit the hardest. This will drive away people, so. Wait until opening day and watch the zone chat. It''ll be the best conesensus we can get.

Oh, and for bonus points, I wonder how many will be driven away when the only response to their questions of sustain by the brainwashed drones are 'adapt or uninstall'. Yeah most players are totally gonna wanna adapt in the face of such overwhelming toxicity and damn-near mindless hate toward anyone questioning the system.

Most players dont like it. Or, more accurately, most players wont like the practical upshot.
    Edited by Doctordarkspawn on May 5, 2017 7:36PM
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Such insight..

Having said that, when word of the sustain changes hit, more than a few people in endgame PVE guilds just left overnight. I couldn't give you an estimate, but really, think about something.

It's day one of the expnansion, bought it or not. You log on, try the content...and cant sustain for more than five seconds.

Would you continue playing? Probably not, if your casual, aspirant, or even a MMO veteran. The new guys will be hit the hardest. This will drive away people, so. Wait until opening day and watch the zone chat. It''ll be the best conesensus we can get.

Oh, and for bonus points, I wonder how many will be driven away when the only response to their questions of sustain by the brainwashed drones are 'adapt or uninstall'. Yeah most players are totally gonna wanna adapt in the face of such overwhelming toxicity and damn-near mindless hate toward anyone questioning the system.

Most players dont like it. Or, more accurately, most players wont like the practical upshot.

I actually think that newer players will take it a lot better, as they have not yet developed habits, and ideas of how it should work..

Stop saying most players.. You have no idea about that.. You have guesses
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Such insight..

I actually think that newer players will take it a lot better, as they have not yet developed habits, and ideas of how it should work..

Stop saying most players.. You have no idea about that.. You have guesses

Are you blind, or did you just not read the sentance directly next to it? "Or, More accurately, Most players wont like the practical upshot." And this is true. If the forums are anything to go by, their not going to. Alot of nerfs, nobody likes nerfs.

You are optimistic to the point of foolishness, and if you wanna run with your head in the clouds, fine. But dont misrepresent my points.

Sidenote: ESO has allways been shown and avertised as fast paced combat. No matter how you slice it, heavy attacking and running out of resources isn't fun when it happens that often. I dont think it's a very large stretch to say the target audience for the game is gonna be jive with it.
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    RNG is horrible

Not getting sharpen lighting even after 100 runs! Keep getting pathetic stuff!
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What I think is that it sounds like an overreaction. Considering that the patch wouldn't be hitting for a couple months (at that point), and that there would be who-knows-what alterations based on the beta - immediately going "OMG NO!" and bailing seems a bit extreme.

Why not... wait and see what happens? Why not... check out the PTS to see if altered builds work and/or provide good feedback?

Just a thought. But, then, I don't tend to get really worked-up about games. Of course, I'm not a bleeding-edge-type "progression" player. /shrug
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Are you blind, or did you just not read the sentance directly next to it? "Or, More accurately, Most players wont like the practical upshot."

Both sentences start with "most players" so I'm pretty sure my line still stands no? And no, the forum is not something to go by.. The forum is a minority of the players.. Not even all forum goers care to post.. The only thing you are gonna be able to judge by, is the player number..

Also, yes there was a lot of combat in the trailers.. But that was just as much to get our attention.. When looking through the old stuff from pre launch, there was tons of footage and vids showing off that big and wonderfull PvE world.. Besides, TES is usually tied to PvE.. So it was not really that big a surprise when PvP was only a small part of the game
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What I think is that it sounds like an overreaction. Considering that the patch wouldn't be hitting for a couple months (at that point), and that there would be who-knows-what alterations based on the beta - immediately going "OMG NO!" and bailing seems a bit extreme.

Why not... wait and see what happens? Why not... check out the PTS to see if altered builds work and/or provide good feedback?

Just a thought. But, then, I don't tend to get really worked-up about games. Of course, I'm not a bleeding-edge-type "progression" player. /shrug

A few reasons.

1. When stuff hits the PTS it is rarely changed. We can see it in current and past cycles. Even the massive outcry against the sustain changes has done nothing, with a few people directly going after developers out of a feeling of simply being ignored.

2. These are people who have allready delt with alot of balance buggery allready .Whether it be people thinking it's too easy or too hard, people were not happy with the balance to begin with, and now add in the fact their not gonna be able to do the content without signifigant ajustment. Principle of erosion applies, after a point people get fed up.

3. ESO was never a nice game for raiders. Those who wanna do that content didn't like it here anyway. Why would you stay, when not only does it feel like this game does not appreciate you, but you have so many other options?

ESO has competition. It's pushing away of the PVE player, casual and hardcore alike, will be a boon for it's competition. And after all. The best way to make a point in buisness is to affect the bottom line. Not only are these players going where they will be happy, their making a statement to ZOS in the process.
    Edited by Doctordarkspawn on May 5, 2017 8:03PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This statement is something that bugs me a lot. I can certainly see changes causing problems in the veteran area, and people who are already pushing the best that they can do. These are the areas that ZOS needs to take a close look at.

However, I don't think that new guys are going to be hardest hit. New guys are not playing the content that is really going to feel the impact. New guys are doing delves, dolmens, overland monsters, and quest areas. They don't need fancy rotations, and don't have access to top of the line gear and food. New guys can do great things with 5k DPS. They are already dealing with chronic resource problems because they don't have what it takes to maintain them, yet. They are always running out of resource. It is part of being a new guy. You learn how to manage. You get good at worrying about resource management long before you are able to build your character so you don't have to.

So, I don't worry about the new guy. Not only do I think they will be fine, but I think they will develop combat skills that many of the current players simply don't have.

I worry about the people who are pushing the boundaries of their own personal player skills. I worry about the players who have been in the game for a while that can barely manage to live through a delve or dungeon, or who die frequently when doing world bosses and group dungeons. Maybe they can't crack MA, or some trial, no matter how hard they try. These people can be found across the whole game. They are at their level of incompetence, and can become dependent upon others to perform at the level that they are at. They are the ones that are going to be hardest hit, especially if the people they are dependent on cannot support them as easily. ZOS needs to see if there is something they can do for these players, if not directly, then indirectly through the people they are dependent upon.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »

I've stared at that picture for several minutes and still don't see what I was looking for.
    Wink, wink
    Nudge, nudge

ahhhh, my true aspirations are finally starting to come in to view...
    tumblr_m5xomvneo51r9ispto1_r3_400.gif
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place